118 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Toning (1)
Prints (1)

We had an incredible experience with Images by Daniel Michael. We were blown away from the beginning. We felt that Daniel Michael was very honest with us in our first meeting and really helped us make an informed decision on a wedding photographer. We of course went with them and had Don Schvart be our lead photographer.
My husband and I felt super awkward in front of the camera during our engagement pictures, but after just 10 minutes Don made us feel comfortable and have fun with it. The engagement pictures were beautiful and we knew that we had no worries for the big day. The day of the wedding, Don and his team were professional, on time, and so helpful! I loved that there were assistants there simply for whatever random need came up. They carried my dress, my shoes, and even brought hand warmers and blankets (we had a January wedding). One of his assistants even helped make me a bustle last minute! They were awesome. The day went so smoothly thanks to their attention to every detail. My husband and I chose not to do a first look. However, unlike most photographers, Don did not pressure us to change our mind. Instead he worked with us and was able to get all our pictures done after the ceremony in less than an hour! I couldn't believe Don was able to keep the wedding party on schedule. He came early and stayed all day until the wedding ended at 12:30am!
We got our pictures back a week later and they were AMAZING!!! I have had countless people tell me how beautiful our pictures are. Its only been a month since the wedding and I have had 3 couples ask me who my photographer was, so that they can get the same one. Don and his team are so talented and hard working. I have absolutely no complaints or criticisms. I would highly suggest that any couple looking for a wedding photographer to use Images by Daniel Michael. Ask for Don Schvart, he's the best!!

Profile Picture Adrian, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

We chose Beth Verdon as our wedding photographer, and she was absolutely incredible! We had an engagement shoot with her in January, and we were so happy with how the pictures turned out. On our wedding day in September, Beth exceeded all of our expectations! She and her team worked incredibly hard all day long, and they were able to perfectly capture every important moment throughout the day. They were also very efficient and stayed almost perfectly within our timeline, which did so much to keep me relaxed before the ceremony. Our pictures look wonderful, and we could not be more happy with them! We were shocked with how many little moments Beth and her team were able to capture. We are in love with every single picture! Thank you so much to Beth and the entire Images by Daniel Michael team! You truly made my wedding day so special and memorable!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files

We are a same sex couple and we were treated with the utmost respect by Daniel Michael. His abilities as a photographer are outstanding. He made us feel at ease through the whole process.

Profile Picture amy, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lauren Schoenfeld and her team were wonderful for my sister's wedding! They were so helpful and understanding. They provided great suggestions and support throughout the day. Great photos from getting ready to dancing the night away!

Profile Picture User5341699, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

All I have to say is, there is a reason they have received all of these awards! I had truly an excellent experience with Daniel Michael. I chose to use Daniel for my wedding day, although they offer four different levels of photographers for those who don’t want to spend as much money. The engagement photos really turned out wonderful. And, I cannot even begin to describe how beautiful our wedding photos are! Not only is he very personable, but also he is truly a talented person and very experienced with wedding photography. On the day of the wedding, he brought two additional photographers and one bridal assistant (who came in handy many times!) They were all extremely professional, and most importantly the pictures turned out absolutely amazing! He was really able to capture our emotions and all of our guests and family members as well. He was even able to get some really good photos of my autistic brother, which is saying a lot because he does not pose for photos. I would definitely recommend him 1000 times over to anyone. It was a truly wonderful experience.

Profile Picture User4231393, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

EVERYONE at Daniel Michael is amazing!! I did a lot of research to decide on my photographer- all my research suggested Daniel Michael. My experience with them proves the research was correct. They were SO friendly, helpful, caring, and easy going. They took a lot of fantastic photos and got them to us in a timely fashion. They truly cared about our day and wanted capture it as best as possible. LOVE THEM!

Profile Picture Kristyn, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dan and his staff are absolutely amazing! Dan is the real deal. His work is amazing and he did everything to make sure we got every photo we requested at our wedding (I had a list of Pinterest ideas! LOL). I have had more compliments on my photos and I am so happy we decided on Daniel Michael Photography. Dan worked with us personally and he worked with us on payments and was extremely quick to return our photos. His work is art and you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Daniel Michael Photography for our wedding day photos. They were extremely flexible working with us since my now husband and I were planning our wedding from Texas. Communication was quick whenever we had questions and they were super willing and friendly to work with us. We had a traditional Indian wedding which lasted essentially a whole day and they were willing to be there the whole day starting from getting ready all the way to the end of the reception. Brian, our photographer was great to work with! When our day ended up falling behind from our timeline he was very go with the flow and was still able to get everything that we wanted done in our shortened time frame. He was also super energetic and helpful with anything we needed even if it wasn't related to photography. I would definitely recommend them to anyone for pictures!

Profile Picture Nirupa, 6/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

WOW, we hit the jackpot with our photographer choice! Dan made the day SO much fun and his whole team was incredibly helpful. He went way above and beyond, not just perfecting the photos but even helping with jewelry choices and pinning my bustle when it ripped just to name a few. Worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the most important pieces to putting together the perfect wedding is selecting the right photographer and with Don Schvart from Daniel Michael Photography, we had the perfect photographer which made for such an amazing experience.

We went to Daniel Michael Photography under high recommendation from a friend who had just finished their wedding. They had a great experience, so we met with Daniel Michael, the second photographer we had met with. In being 100% honest, this meeting was the only experience that we did not enjoy. In our humble opinons, the meeting went on way too long and we were being sold on how great Daniel Michael Photography performed, by Daniel talking about what all of his competitors did wrong. This rubbed us the wrong way from the start. We were there because it was recommended and we already loved his work. We could have went without 30-45 minutes of hearing why others were not as good. At that point, we decided that we still wanted to go with Daniel Michael Photography because of the recommendation, quality of work and packages available, but we did not want to work with Daniel.

We worked with Don Schvart for our engagement session and it was an instant match! His personality was amazing, his eye for amazing images was awesome, he got to know us and worked with us well. We were a little 'stiff' at the start and Don has us loose within 15 minutes. Now we were working with a friend!

The wedding was no different! Don was a guest at our wedding, not a vendor, but a guest, we wanted to make him feel as welcome as he made us feel. He kept the day moving, we kept on the timeline and most importantly, he kept us out of the heat so we didn't sweat through our outfits and suits! We had family members and members of our wedding party compliment us on how great of a photographer we had. We hit a homerun with Don and would highly recommend any package where Don is included. He really made for a wonderful experience and captured memories.

Profile Picture Brent, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lauren was our lead photographer and she was unbelievably amazing! On a hot day in June, we took many pictures outside and she was so supportive and patient even when our wedding partyy became hot and cranky! She stayed with us until the very end of our reception and made sure we had all of the shots that we wanted. I can't begin to thank her for all of her hard work and amazing pictures!

Profile Picture lauren, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

The photography team assigned to my wedding day was excellent. They made myself and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We got all of our "must have" wedding shots and a lot of fun ones we never would have thought of. Everyone was patient the day of and made sure to keep us on time. I love the selection of photos we have to choose from and we got our cd in a very timely manner.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Proofs

We had Johnny as our lead photographer and was lucky enough to have Daniel as our 2nd photographer. They were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. answers all emails and questions promptly (and I asked a lot). Were on time with everything, very nice and outgoing and took a ton of pictures! Johnny even ended up staying later at the reception to make sure he got us every picture we could have wanted! These guys were just the best! Made sure had everything we needed even drinks at the reception! Wonderful to work with!!! Have seen a preview of the pictures and are in love! Can't wait to see them all!! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Images by Daniel Michael did an exceptional job for our engagement photos and wedding day photos.
Daniel gave us a really reasonable price that is within our budget given that we are having a small wedding with around 70 guests. And he recommended Don Schvart as our photographer. This is the best choice we had ever made during our entire wedding planning.
Words can not describe how good Don is.
He is a passionate artist. We played with lots of fun ideas that I borrowed from pinterest and he created.
We sat down a few weeks before the wedding and made a detailed day of plan. The flow of the day was great although I forgot my veil at the hotel. He helped us changed the plan so that we had good amount of photo shooting and enough time for the groomsmen to fetch my veil for me.
He truly listen to what your really want and execute those really well.
We LOVEd our photos and so does everyone else.
Big thumb for Don and you won't regret for choosing him!

Profile Picture User4535497, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Photography

I hired Beth Verdon to capture our Union, and she did an amazing job! She was on time, attentive, knew exactly what she wanted to do (using my pinterest and previous meeting discussions as direction.) I would recommend Daniel Michaels team, especially Beth, for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Avian, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I believe it's so important to hear from the parents point of view! DANIEL Michael Photography made all the difference in our daughter's wedding day. While sitting down in the beginning with her photographer, Don, we were so relieved because he helped her and her fiance plan the entire day. We were confident that no matter what, the day's timing would flow like clockwork. What we didn't know what a true artist he is! He was so very passionate about her day and what she wanted. As I commented later,he captured the very essence of the couple, their friends, and their families' personality and joy! He painted pictures with his camera that day. A wedding which was to be outdoors was transformed into a beautiful memory--made so by an artist's pride and love of his creation. The photographs are nothing more than luscious! He made what seemed to be a gloomy day brilliant! If only I could include pictures with the review. He made the day. But, isn't this what an artist does for you?!

Profile Picture Jeff, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Daniel Michael Photography. Our photographer was Don Schvart and did an amazing job. We love all of our pictures and couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you Don and Daniel Michael Photography. The assistant photographer and bridal assistant were great too!

Profile Picture User4411917, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Albums

We really enjoyed working with Lauren from Daniel Michael and were so happy with our pictures. We live out of state and they were so accommodating with us beforehand and really tailored the photos to what we were looking for. The personalized service made such a difference and we really enjoying having Lauren and her team with us on our wedding day. My husband is a photographer so he is very picky and we are thrilled with the photos! Thank you Lauren!

Profile Picture Kristy , 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dan, along with Samantha and trainee Meggie, did an over-the-top job of photgraphing our daughter's April Wedding. His photos have created everlasting memories as everyone of them is "REAL". He recorded the moment with exact detail and feeling. Dan is easy to work with and professional, yet so friendly, that we felt like he was one of the family while he was with us. His bridal assistant, Kristin, was worth her weight in gold and enabled our bride and m.o.b. to truly enjoy the day! On reflecting upon that special time in our lives, our wisest decision was to hire Dan and his team! A million kudos to Images by Daniel Michael. Mark and Michele Romito

Profile Picture Michele, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The team at Images by Daniel Michael is phenomenal. They are very professional, yet they treat you like you're part of the family! We had such a great experience working with them up to the wedding day and the day of. They were organized and helped us stick to our timeline. The thing that really appealed to us, however, was how friendly they are. On your wedding day, you want someone who makes you feel comfortable and relaxed taking your pictures because you end up spending a lot of time with them. Daniel and his team did just that. We didn't mind having them in our faces all weekend because they were so much fun to be around.

The pictures turned out amazing. We have already received several compliments on the preliminary pictures. They captured several really special candid moments and did a wonderful job with the posed photos. We can't wait to design our album with them soon! Would definitely recommend this team to any bride!

Profile Picture Anisha, 11/29/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Like all the other reviews, we had a five out of five star experience.

We had the pleasure of working with Dan who immediately put us at ease. It's wonderful to work with a photographer who gets to know you as a person not just another wedding. He maximized our time together; ensuring that we got the images that were important to us as well as the ones he knew would be priceless. He managed the whole timeline like a pro. We had more than enough different pictures taken. We feel truly satisfied with package we choose. Totally worth every penny! His emphasis on genuine emotion, rather than just environment is what truly sets Daniel Michael Images apart from so many other wedding photographers. The photographs perfectly capture how happy we were.

Our communications with Dan were prompt and thorough. The prices are very reasonable, especially the package we choose having Dan’s full attention the whole night. He made sure we captured the entire day including the awesome fireworks show we were blessed with. Photography was the most important wedding expense to us and having only seen the teaser slideshow, I absolutely feel like we've gotten tremendous value. Speaking of the teaser, we were married less than two weeks ago and received the slideshow last week!. If that isn't excellent and thoughtful customer service, I don't know what is. I cannot WAIT to see the rest of the photos.

Thank you Dan and crew for giving us such cherished images!
Sarah & Pat

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Daniel Michael and his team! We used Don for our engagement shots and wedding day and loved every minute of it. He made us and all those involved in photos extremely comfortable. The extra photographer for candid shots and bride helper (who have us hand warmers for the cold) and other small touches like the planning meeting a few days beforehand truly shows their dedication to detail and keeping the day organized in order to get the most beautiful pictures. Spend the money and book them now!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had don as our photographer and it was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. He is incredibly talented and our pictures were so unbelievable it is hard to believe we're the ones in them. He has great passion in his work and it shows in his photos. Thanks for everything Don!

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our lead photographer was Lauren. She did an absolutely AMAZING job!! She was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. Our pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous and I have received compliments on them from everyone who has seen them. I could not be more satisfied with our pictures and I would highly recommend her.
In addition, the office was wonderful to work with as well. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Our pictures were ready very quickly and were very high quality.
Also, whenever I had contacted them, I was always contacted back immediately which was wonderful.

Profile Picture Fran, 9/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When looking for photographers, I was recommended to Images by Daniel Michael by a DJ I had met with. I am located near Dayton and Daniel Michael and their team are located near Cincinnati. The DJ I met with said they were great though and after looking at their website, I decided to go down and meet with Daniel. After my meeting with Daniel, I knew I wanted to have them as my photographer. I chose to have Don Schvart as my photographer. We had an engagement session with Don and had a great time! Our pictures turned out awesome and Don was quick to get them back to us. Before the wedding, I met with Don to set up a timeline for our wedding, and he pretty much helped me plan the whole day (which was a huge help!!). The day of the wedding, we had Don as well as Johnny and Mark shooting our pictures. We also had Meggie as an assistant to help us with whatever we needed. They were all amazing! They were so helpful and I really credit to how smooth our day went to them. I did not have to worry about time or where we were supposed to be because Don and his team took care of that all for me! They really took all the stress out of the day which allowed me to just enjoy our day! It was awesome having multiple photographers to capture all our special moments! I knew our pictures would be amazing and couldn't wait to see them. We got our pictures back really quick and I truly love them all! I can't thank Don and their team enough for everything they did for us on our day and all the amazing pictures they took! I'm so glad they were there to capture our special day and would recommend them to anyone getting married! So worth it!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/9/14, 5 Reviews