Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

134 | Cincinnati, OH

134 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

Andrea · Married on 11/30/2013

Working with the Daniel Michael team was wonderful! From the initial meeting, to the engagement and wedding pictures, to the final album, my husband and I would recommend Daniel Michael to anyone!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Megan · Married on 10/26/2013

I am obsessed with pictures, so I had to have the best for my wedding! I saw a photo on a friends FB page from her recent wedding & absolutely loved it. I found out who her photographer was & visited their website. I was blown away by the pictures. At our inital appt with Daniel, I learned that their amazing photos are not bc they photoshop them, it's bc they truly know how to take amazing photos from the right position, with the right lighting, using the correct lens & exposure, etc. I was very impressed. Daniel was able to work with us to customize a package for us that contained everything we needed/wanted & I was very happy with it. He told us about Don, one of his senior photographers, & why Don would be a perfect fit for us. Don replied to my emails quickly & worked hard to fit us in to his busy schedule to have our session when I needed it to be. He truly has a passion for taking photos & we could see it. We had to fight the rain that day, but Don was wonderful & even met up with us later in the day after the rain passed to take more photos. We had so much fun & our pictures turned out wonderful!! We were so happy with them & got SO many compliments on them. We had our details appt with Don before the wedding & we told him of several picture locations we wanted to do throughout the day. It ended up that Don would need to start at 11:15 AM & wouldn't be finished until about 11 PM. That's a LONG day, & Don was excited to make it all happen for us! On our day, he showed up with his team (second photographer Jessica & bridal assistant Corie) & they were amazing. Jessica was taking candids, & Corie was so sweet & helped with whatever I needed!! They were an outstanding team! They captured every sweet moment. Don is so very talented! We have not seen the pictures yet but Don sent me a sneak peek and we LOVE it!! I just know they are going to blow me away!! My mother & everyone else have raved about them!! They are worth every single penny :)

Sent on 11/07/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a detailed review. I think it is so helpful for couples that have not yet made a decision on one of our photographers and I know, Don, Jessica and Corrie greatly appreciate it!

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2013

Daniel and his team were truly amazing. The experience and images they created are priceless!!! At our first meeting, my husband was terrified for Daniel because I had a page long of questions that I had prepared to ask him. Not only did Daniel answer all of my questions but he also explained how he would capture the images I wanted. From the way Daniel answered the questions, we could tell that he was very passionate about photography and it reflects in his work. Therefore, we selected the package with Daniel ,himself, as our photographer. Our package included a preview of the pictures a week after the wedding and bridal attendants the day of. When we met for our final meeting, again I had prepared a list of photos I wanted, examples of terrible pictures from previous weddings we attended, and concerns with my husbands family dynamics that would be nothing short of horrifying to work with. Daniel got a good laugh out of my 6-page paper and got to work. He was: organized, paid attention to details, and even had solutions to those awkward divorced parent photos. Daniel and his team arrived early on the wedding day. They came prepared with anything we could possibly need in their emergency kit (tackle box). We traveled to multiple locations for photos such as: The Bell Event Centre, St. Francis de Sales Parish, Spring Grove Arboretum, and Eden Park. At each location the team was prepared to cover the little details so we could enjoy the day. The bridal assistants were incredibly helpful: bringing a sheet for me to stand on so my heels wouldn’t sink into the grass, hand warmers due to the unexpected cold weather, a needle and thread to sew on a tux button that popped off, and tissues for those teary moments. They even went above and beyond to sew my mom’s corsage that was too big for her wrist and they were on their hands and knees cleaning mud off the bottom of my bridesmaids dresses before the wedding ceremony. I cannot thank them more for helping to

Sent on 02/19/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I love this review! You really aren't as difficult as you think. Frankly, you made the day that much easier because we had a more clear impression of what you wanted. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review!

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2013

Daniel Michael Photography were the perfect choice for our engagement and wedding photos. Brian was absolutely amazing, he understood us and made sure that the pictures refelected our true personalities. They were absolutely amazing to work with, and will be using them for any future picture needs.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! You have no idea how much this means to your photography team. I'll be sure to forward it to them. Thank you!

We could not be happier with our wedding photos and our photography team! Brian, Don, and their bridal assistant ( name is slipping my mind) were incredible! All of our friends and family agreed, and still can not stop complimenting them. They were so attentive to what we wanted, and were a joy to work with. You really won't find a better team, and I would reccommend those three to anyone and everyone. They go out of their way to do anything and everything to make the day perfect. At one point my husband saw Brian carrying his 90 year old grandparents food to their table. He was so sweet to do that. Also, Don told us he would never forget this wedding. He told us it was his wedding anniversery. We were so touched that he photographed our special day on a day that is so special for him. It is that kind of service that makes them so incredible. Those three truely deserve all the recognition they can get for the wonderful work they do.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Based on which weddings Brian and Don worked together and when you posted this being about when your photos were ready, I'm assuming this is Nicole! Having said that, your assistant was Lauren. I'll be sure to forward this to all three of them. You are so sweet! Thank you!

Great photographers and great customer service. They were able to take wonder pictures in a dark environment (Bell Event Centre) with light and dark skinned guests. No washing out of people or people so dark you can't see them.

They take wonder care of both the groom and bride.

They may be pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I am going to take a guess and say your wedding was 9-27-13 based on the review date. If so, that means Don was your photographer! I just wanted to thank you for the nice review and say, "pricey?!" :-) Come on, we are very reasonable for the quality!! Just kidding. Thank you so much for the kind words and description of the quality of the photos at the Bell Center. It is one of the darker venues and more challenging for some. So that is great information to share. Thanks again!!

Katie · Married on 07/12/2013

We are thrilled with our photos from Daniel Michael! He did a fabulous job (along with assistants Don and Kim-who was so helpful all day long) We LOVE Daniel Michael and will recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I will be sure to send this to Kim and Don so they can see it as well. You were a stunning bride! I loved every moment!

Tina · Married on 06/15/2013

First and foremost Aaron Gibson was more that we could have ever asked for!
    As soon as my now husband and I set the date for our wedding I started focusing on my big three for the wedding: Church, Reception, & Photographer. I personally think that there are so many details that go into a wedding and even though we had a descent budget to work within given our countries economic state, I still felt that less was necessary in some areas compared to others. What I am trying to say is, why put so much money and effort and money into the one perfect flower, a huge center piece, expensive wedding favors, etc. To us the most important things were having our friends and family with us on our special day, making sure everyone got something descent to eat even though we didn't eat much, and having great photos to help us remember it all.
    So obviously we put a lot of consideration into choosing this company and with living out of state and also affiliated with the military and such requirements and we could have never imagined having such a great match for a photographer. Aaron exceeded our expectations at every turn! To top it all off we were coming back to Ohio just 2-3 weeks after our wedding and we were able to pick up the completed product.

VERY Impressed and SOOOO glad Aaron was ours for the day!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. Aaron has been a pleasure to have as part of our company and I couldn't say enough good things about him so I'm glad you did it for me! We've been working very hard as a company to speed up our delivery time. Nobody should have to wait for their photos so I'm glad our delivery time was a little ahead of schedule!

Tammy · Married on 06/14/2013

We have worked with Daniel and Brian for 3 weddings and the photos are great, they are fun to work with and keep the photos going on time. They have the journalist that catches some great shots and another person to take care of the brides needs. I love working with them. They take pride in their work

Sent on 06/17/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

For everyone else, two of those weddings were photographed by Brian Kuntz and one by myself. This one was Brian. I will certainly forward on your review to him and Lauren and the other Brian who worked with him that day! Thank you for taking the time to write this!

Ronda · Married on 04/20/2013

Daniel Michael and his team were amazing!!! The bridal assistant did a fabulous job and made sure my dress stayed clean and everything looked perfect. They brought a tackle box full of any possible supply you or your bridal party could need. Dan's artistry is unimaginable. The pictures are fabulous. As crazy as this sounds, my pictures were completely finished and ready 4 days after the wedding! You can't top that.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I first must say thank you! Second, I must tell everyone that 4 days was because it was the beginning of the season and everything else was completely caught up! Normal time is about 4 weeks. None the less, you are so sweet and your wedding was amazing and beautiful! I loved it!

Betsy · Married on 12/14/2012

A friend of mine had Dan shoot her wedding, and when I saw her pictures I knew I would have Dan for my wedding. Dan and his staff were easy to work with, they set up a payment plan for us, and when I had questions they were very quick to respond. Pictures were the most important thing for us to have after the wedding, and we wanted the best. We were lucky enough to have Dan not only shoot our engagment pictures, but he also did our wedding. Everything we have seen so far has come out better than we anticipated. Pictures are the one thing you will have forever and Dan and his staff did an amazing job, we highly recommed them for any picture taking needs you might have.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Betsy, you're such a sweetheart. Your wedding was beautiful and I wouldn't have missed it. Of course you know that. I wouldn't have minded if it were a little warmer though!

I am very happy with the service we received. Lauren, the patience and willingness to change requirements as an album designer was great, Brian Kuntz a great photographer who captured every moment, and that too, in an Indian wedding - things we overlooked and didn't know happened we saw in the photos of both my wedding, and my younger sister's wedding. I think at my younger sister's wedding we called him our "right hand man" as he was there for everything even if it wasn't photography related. I remember him getting the forks for us during our wedding when we had cake cutting because we forgot about those and in my younger sister's wedding he kept some of her touch-up makeup in case she needed it, he really went above and beyond, and Daniel - thanks for providing us with this great team!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Crystal · Married on 10/06/2012

Our photographer, Don, was such a pleasure to work with. When we met him for our engagement session he was so great at helping us feel comfortable and involving our dog Apollo to capture some great pictures. By the time we were ready for our wedding day I knew we were in good hands. On our wedding day Don had creative ideas to capture not only the gorgeous fall day we had, but also to show a variety of looks and backgrounds. The second photographer and assistant were so helpful from helping bridesmaids get accessories on, grabbing food and drinks for us throughout our busy day, and making sure we were on time. I couldn't ask for a better team. Looking at our pictures I truly feel that our investment with Daniel Michael Images was well worth it!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. What you said is exactly what every bride should feel about their photography team and is what I've come to expect from Don, Lauren and Tracy. I will forward this over to them so they know how much they are appreciated.

Words can’t express my appreciation of Images by Daniel Michael. Our photographer was Don. He and his team by far exceeded my expectations. First off, Don is insanely creative and has a way of making you feel at ease in front of the camera. I was a little nervous about posing for pictures, but can honestly say that my husband and I had a blast with it! Don had tons of great ideas and was silly/laid back enough to make us feel comfortable. Also, Daniel Michael sends teams of three to each wedding. There is one person shooting the main photos, another shooting black and white candid photos, and a third person just to assist with the photos and anything else you might need help with. That third person makes such a difference! She did everything from following behind me so my dress didn’t get dirty, to carrying a case with day of supplies, to helping my mother lace me into my gown. AMAZING! Finally, the photographs… I have no words. The color photos were of high quality and look so natural. The candid black and whites are precious. They really captured to feelings of the day. There were nearly 1000 photos taken and we love almost all of them! We’re not sure how to choose which ones to print (horrible problem to have right?). So overall, I have ZERO complaints and could go on all day about how perfect my experience was. Thank you a million times Images by Daniel Michael and team!!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

As you well know, Don takes each wedding extremely personally and it means so much to him when he knows how happy he makes you on your wedding day. I'm also glad to see this as well since I was not there myself. This is exactly what I hope for and what I expect from our photographers. So thank you for sharing that. I only wish I knew who you are so I could thank you!! I'm not sure I like the Anonymous option!
  • SCre

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2012

There is a reason Images by Daniel Michael has such a fantastic review history and it is because the service they offer is just that, absolutely fantastic. I cannot say enough about how great he and his team are. From the first meeting to the wedding itself, Dan and his team were kind, creative, and always helpful. He offered a variety of pricing options and helped us set up a premiere package we were thrilled with. No matter how many or how few emails I sent, I was always given a prompt answer. Whenever we met with Dan and no matter how busy he was, he was always focused on us and would take as much time needed to figure everything out.

I am a firm believer that your wedding photos are something worth putting your money into --and we got every penny we paid for with Dan! He came with two photographers and an assistant, which with the hot weather and insanity was a HUGE help! She knew what I needed before I knew what I needed! Not only did he take beautiful photos, Dan and his crew also helped with timing, setup, family, and a variety of other things going on. He was always calm, kept everyone organized, and could roll with whatever was happening, planned or otherwise. He had everyone laughing and having a good time, despite the hot, hot, weather. I would strongly and happily recommend that every bride consider Images by Daniel Michael for their wedding, no matter the size or style or budget, he and his crew are amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

It was just a little toasty! Fortunately it never felt as bad as it was. There is something about Shaker Run that is just a little cooler in the shade. Either way, I really enjoyed you guys. Your wedding suited your personallity and I was glad to be a part of it.

Jen · Married on 05/26/2012

We absolutely love our wedding photos from Daniel Micheal! Our principle photographer for the event was Brian, and he did a great job getting both shots on the "checklist" as well as great photos that took into account the settings. The weather was a humid 95 degrees on our wedding day, and Brian and his staff were ready with water and fans, and did their best to keep us in the shade. We loved that there were 2 photographers so we could have great shots at a different angle for many photos. Our bridal assistant was wonderful getting anything we needed, and always nearby with water in hand! And the photos.....there are just too many great shots! We had the most difficult time picking favorites for our album! Great job all around!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I have forwarded this over to your team for the day to be sure they know how much you appreciated them. I love it when it's too hard to pick out favorite photos!!

Alex · Married on 05/19/2012

Incredible!!! First off, when we met with the to see if we wanted them as our photographer, they were so great to meet with! They thought of you as their friend more than their potential customer! Not only was their work fantastic, but their customer service was great throughout the whole process! We picked them because one of my friends used them for their wedding, and they didn't let us down at all! They knew what they were doing and had a blast with us the whole day! Highly, Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I just saw this and forwarded it to Stacey, Brian and Bianca. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see it. You have no idea how much it means to each photographer to be thanked and how happy it makes me that I paired you up with the right person. Thank you!!

Jaya · Married on 03/10/2012

I JUST got married, and I can't even begin to count the number of compliments I have gotten on our wedding. A lot of that credit goes to Dan at Images by Daniel Michael. I randomly found him on the knot....met with him, liked him, hired him for our wedding over a year later. In the meantime, he gave me solid recommendations for a dress boutique, a DJ, a florist, a cake place, etc. etc. etc. All of his recommendations were right on, and I highly recommend every vendor I ended up using. I have only seen a preview of my pictures on his blog and on facebook (a nice feature he has if you hire Dan personally as your photographer), but I am already in awe. The guy has talent. AND he is fun. Dan has another photographer with him. Mine was Katie--and she was also awesome. If nothing else, she helped me with some minor annoyances on the day of the wedding--thank you, Katie! Dan also has a "bridal assistant" who carries around such things as double-sided tape and heat packs and breath mints, and helps arrange your flowers and dress for the pics. Mine was Abbey and she was super sweet. Dan's company is very responsive, too. If you send an email, you will get a response from either Dan himself or one of the other photographers or people working in his office. It's a great business. I highly recommend it and I think it is worth every penny.

Sent on 03/17/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I can't wait to get your photos back to you! You're wedding was fantastic! But the people were even better!

It seemed as though everything was going wrong. It rained all day, our hair and make up person was more then three hours behind, and my husband injured the entire right side of his face the night before the wedding! DANIEL MICHAEL AND HIS TEAM REALLY SAVED THE DAY!! They know their stuff! They were rushed but I still have a ton of beautiful pictures! I actually put off seeing all of the proofs because I was so worried about my husband's face. I am so thankful that we chose Images by Daniel Michael. Daniel was able to hide my husband's injury in most of the pictures and all while being so behind. There were so many things that went wrong and you could never tell with the many amazing shots! He is so talented and so worth every penny! His entire team was amazing. The bridal assistant really was a lifesaver too! The entire team remained calm even though it seemed like one disaster after another. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I must say it was a bit of a challenge getting caught up and I had to be a little creative to hide the injury. I knew given everything going on I had to finish your photos prior to your ceremony so you could just enjoy the rest of the day and forget about any of the stress leading up to it. Once we succeeded in that, we were able to let Steve Bender carry the reception and we were able to relax and enjoy the day with you. You are so sweet and I couldn't be more happy for you!!

Mike · Married on 10/29/2011

Danile and his colleagues were awesome! The pictures were beautiful and they made the process so much fun.

Sent on 06/23/2012

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I know you guys were a little under the weather, but you'd never know it looking at the photos! I was also very impressed with how you kept up beat the whole time regardless of how you felt. Thank you!!

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2011

I chose Daniel Michael because I love their photography! Emily Erker was our photographer and everything went perfect - we ran ahead of schedule which is SUCH a relief for a bride! The website shows their high quality and they are open to any suggestion if you want something special and unique. I recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I forwarded this over to Emily. It meant more to her than you know. I heard great stories and only wish I could have been there myself!

Sheena · Married on 10/01/2011

I have not even received my photos yet, but I am 100% positive that they will turn out amazing! Jessica was my photographer along with the help of Doug and Courtney. All three of them were so great! It was a cold day for picutres outside, but they did all they could to make sure I didn't freeze. They had EVERYTHING any bride could ever need to make a wedding day go smoothly. From double-sided tape, to a warm fleece blanket and hand warmers, they were definitly prepared! I am so thankful for all of their help and talent. I have no complaints and cannot wait to see the photos! :)

Sent on 10/19/2011

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Jessica was so happy to read this! She really loved you guys and had a great time with you!

Christy · Married on 06/10/2011

DANIEL MICHAEL AND HIS CREW ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I met Daniel through my cousins, Hank and Theresa, because they hired Daniel as their wedding photographer. When I met Daniel, I could tell he had an awesome personality and it was obvious he knew what he was doing. When their wedding was over and I got to look through all of their wedding pictures, I was amazed, impressed and just knew I had to hire him as my wedding photographer some day. Well I got engaged in 2009 and the week after I was engaged, I went to Daniel's studio to book him and his awesome crew. I was not going to wait, because I knew he would get booked fast. I booked him in 2009 and our wedding wasn't til June 2011. The studio was so impressive and his crew was great to work with. On our wedding day there were several storms, we (the girls) were running late at the salon and when we finally got to our destination for pictures, Daniel caught us up and you would have never have known we were running behind. Daniel and his crew did an amazing job and we could have not asked to work with better people. Daniel was amazing from begining to end! Daniel is full of talent and has an eye for everything. We have about 840 pictures and there isn't one that we don't LOVE! I can't imagine not have Daniel as our photographer. Every soon to be bride should hire Daniel or at least someone from his studio because they are all outstanding! IMAGES BY DANIEL MICHAEL IS AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNY....THE DETAILS AND MEMORIES HE WILL CAPTURE WILL LAST YOU A LIFETIME!

Sent on 08/28/2011

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

It was like a big family reunion! I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Danielle · Married on 05/07/2011

After reading the (always positive) reviews and browsing around their website/blog I KNEW I had found our photographer. Meeting with Daniel in his studio only made us more confident in our decision to have him shoot our wedding. Not only was he professional and incredibly talented, but he was so much fun. He has the personality that you would want your photographer (with whom you spend a very large part of your day with) to have. The wedding party and our families absolutely loved him and his style. This doesn't go without saying his crew/team of professionals were any less than perfect. Having his crew there was like having a little team of stress relievers. They were always there to capture any moment I might have missed. The photos are stunning and have gotten so many compliments. Absolutely one of the best/easiest decisions we made! Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I still love looking at the copy of your album we made for the office. Everyone was so great to work with I feel like it was too easy!!

Allison · Married on 10/09/2010

We used Susan Boatman from Daniel Michael & Co. and had the best experience that we could have hoped for. They came prepared with EVERYTHING that we could have imaged - from safety pins, bobby pis, bottles water (&Straws!!) - pretty much anything you could need! Not only was the day seamless, on time, and so much fun - the photos came out perfectly! Every photo was better than the next and captured the moment perfectly. I would highly recommend Susan and the team from Images by Daniel Michael & Co.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad everything went so well. I expect it but it's still nice to hear. I thought you'd like to know Susan won Photographer of the year this year! It was a very hard decision this year and your review was part of what put her over the top. She thanks you and so do I! Hope to see you again soon!