Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

134 | Cincinnati, OH

134 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

Chris · Married on 08/05/2017

Dan has been fantastic so far. We just had our engagement photos and had a terrific time. My fiancée doesn't exactly enjoy being the center of attention, but Dan made us both feel so comfortable and relaxed, my fiancée didn't feel overwhelmed or self-conscious at all. What a great initial experience. I can't wait to see all of the photos!!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

For me, that's what the engagement session is all about. Yes you get some nice photos to share with family and friends. But more importantly you get a test run to see what you like and how easy it is! Thanks for sharing!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/05/2017

Pictures came out gorgeous and the studio was very on top of things.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2017

Everyone at Images by Daniel Michael Photography are so friendly, professional and truly phenomenal at their jobs and creating amazing pictures capturing all the important moments of the ceremony and reception. Our amazing team included Daniel, Meggie (2nd Photographer) and Amanda (bridal assistant) who truly had my back throughout the day including holding my dress while we walked so that it would get dirty, ensuring I was staying hydrated, and supplying anything we needed from her tackle box of items. The team not only helped keep everyone on the timeline but made the whole picture process fun and easy going, while being extremely efficient for every pose. They are so talented, it literally only takes them one or two snaps of the camera to get the perfect photo. I was surprised that my face didn't hurt by the end of the day from forcing a smile because it didn't need to be forced since we were having so much fun!

We also had our engagement photos with Daniel at Sharon Woods. He was so efficient and knew exactly where he wanted to take the pictures, how he wanted us posed all while making it light, relaxing and easy. The session only took 20-30 minutes and we came out with an amazing group of pictures. This was also super helpful to see how he shoots, to get used to his style to give you an idea of how easy it will go on your wedding day. I used this day to have my make up trial as well in order to see how it photographed.

Lastly, I got my husband a boudoir photo book as his wedding gift. I had the pictures taken through Images by Daniel Michael by Lauren. I was very nervous about doing these photos but Lauren made it super fun and knew the perfect angles to make women look their best in a very classy way. I never knew I could look that way and wonder now if maybe I got the best outcome from the "gift" through a lift in my self esteem and positive self-body image to the many many thanks of Lauren and the team at Images by Daniel Michael Photography.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Brooke · Married on 06/25/2017

Our photographer was Don, he is the most talented, most incredible photographer I've ever worked with. He made my day so easy and stress free. I'm the type of person who doesn't really like to tell people what to do, where to be and all that jazz, and Don made sure everything ran as smooth as possible. Jenna, our bridal assistant was an angel. She is so precious and helped all my girls pin their hair when needed, pinned on flowers for the bridal party. I felt she just went above and beyond and I could not thank her enough. My photography team made getting married so easy. I'm telling you... please, please PLEASE, do not go cheap when booking your photographer. You will have these images for the rest of your life, so if there is one thing you can afford to splurge on, splurge on Don. You will not regret it.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Vanessa · Married on 06/10/2017

Daniels team was absolutely fantastic! We had Don Schvart as our main photographer and he was beyond amazing! He blew our expectations beyond what we had expected. I knew he was great from his previous photos however words just cannot describe his work on our wedding day. Also, the extra perk of having a bridal assistant, at that time we had Meggie, was just the right touch! Her professionalism, experience, and genuine caring throughout the session made it more than a pleasant experience. Last but not least, Casey was our 2nd photographer who had capture such touching moments that are absolutely priceless.

Throughout the wedding day and after, we had came across many compliments on the team. I highly highly highly recommend everyone to use them after having such a great experience with them!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Codi · Married on 12/31/2016

Look no further! Images by Daniel Michael was the first and last photographer we met with. The hardest part of the process was choosing a photographer from his amazing team. While they are all surely great, we could not have been happier with our choice in Johnny. He was so flexible and easy to work with. He took the time to get to know us and we now think of him more as a friend than a vendor. He was very in tune with me (the bride), heard my needs and concerns, and changed the plan accordingly (my makeup took much longer than expected, it started to rain while we were outside, etc). The second photographer, Mike, did a great job, too. He was the "fly on the wall" and I rarely knew he was there but he was also quick to give us hints and advice when we needed direction. Hope was worth a million dollars!! She was doing things before I even realized they needed doing - adjusting my dress as I was about to sit down, quickly throwing her own coat over my shoulders when it started raining, bobbypinning the maid of honor's hair, and more. We cannot think of anything that could have been improved and will absolutely be recommending this company to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

This is exactly what I want to hear! In fact, I like it so much I'm going to make it a highlighted review!! I'm so happy for you that things went well and Johnny was truly touched by your kind words and the way you made him feel like part of the family.

One of the best decisions we made through the wedding planning process!!! Lauren was a joy to work with!!! She was willing to get to know us, was attentitive to what moments we wanted captured in our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, and was always professional. Lauren and her team arrived early to our wedding, was always in an upbeat positive mood, wowed our guests and deliverered gorgeous photos!!! We were beyond impressed! We highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael! They truly went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 01/23/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2016

Our wedding photos couldn't possibly be better! Daniel and his team made everything so fun and relaxing. We didn't feel stressed or rushed through the entire day, all thanks to these wonderful professionals. Thank you guys so much! I am so glad I have these wonderful memories to look back on for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It makes me so happy!

Jennah · Married on 09/09/2016

First off, the simplest thing I can say is that we knew we were going to pick Daniel Michael within the first few minutes of talking with him, and he was our first and only appointment. To begin, he could not be a better guy and so clearly want your wedding to be perfect. He takes so much time to make sure he has a great feeling about what you want captured, how you want your photos to turn out, and what is truly important to you. Nothing about the processes or your day has focus on him.

Our photos turned out to be absolutely incredible. We ended up with so many shots showcasing the greatest memories of the day and showing off our guests. The photos are such high quality and we now have too many photos that we want to hang on the wall. We couldn’t say enough good things about him, or the photojournalists who accompanied him through the day.

Two other important notes, we absolutely loved working with him, besides the photo quality. We looked forward to all of our meetings, and even though we spent a lot of hours just talking, we could have spent many more. Second, we were so impressed with how much he cares about his fellow Cincinnati vendors. It was really refreshing to hear him say so many good things about fellow people in his profession and make such great recommendations. We really couldn’t say enough good things about Daniel Michael and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You are going to make me get all sappy and emotional! Stop it! :-) Thank you though!

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2016

Dan and his team are top notch! They did such a wonderful job capturing all of the moments of our special day! He is so professional and I never had one worry of what time it was, where we were supposed to be and NEVER thought "Is he getting all of the pictures I want?" Because he was getting them all and more!! My husband and I both have large families so sometimes it was a task to get them all in the same spot, at the same time, and all paying attention, but Dan had no problem stepping into that role and wrangling all of the people! AND the Bridal Assistant, what a life saver!! Seriously, I am not certain I could have made it that day without her (Thanks Jade!)...for real, that alone is worth the money! Example: As we are pulling up to the church, We forgot all about putting the boutonnieres on the guys... panic! And at that moment I realized I was supposed to pin my dad's on and I have no idea how to pin a boutonniere. No problem, the assistant handled it, with extra pins to secure. Phew! Overall, Dan and his staff are the real deal. They take great care of you and they take amazingly beautiful pictures. We have had nothing but compliments from our family about our "great photographer". If you have any doubt about booking them, don't have a doubt, they are the best!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I thought you would be happy to hear that Jade won the 2016 customer service award! She was in complete shock when I said her name! It's because of reviews like yours that she won.

I went to one bridal show and found Lauren from Daniel Michael. I was in love with her. We went for a visit spoke with Daniel and booked with Lauren the next day. Everything was perfect from engagement pictures to wedding pictures. We were (I was) a crazy couple and she got along with us and we had fun with her. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and I think that came across in the photos she took. We haven't made it through all of them yet, but the ones we have seen were more than I could have imagined. We did not have video done, but she has given us memories to share for a lifetime and remember how special our day was. She captured what we saw and what we missed that day, and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you Lauren, we love you and your work. And hope to work with you again in the future.

Love,
    Abbey and Matt Wulf

Sent on 07/08/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

In fairness, Lauren might be just as crazy! It is a trait we enjoy here! I'm glad everything went so well for you. I look forward to our next meeting!

Caitie · Married on 05/14/2016

We had the absolute best experience with Images by Daniel Michael Photography for our engagement session and wedding. Lauren was our photographer and was amazing throughout the entire experience. From the engagement session to the wedding, everything was flawless. Even while she had food poisoning and a sinus infection on the day of the wedding, she surpassed our expectations x100. She made my entire family and friends feel so comfortable throughout the day and made sure we had a blast. Her entire crew was professional, proficient, and so kind. They really made our day spectacular. Not only was she amazing, but her the pictures she captured are breathtaking. She obtained every shot I requested and then so much more. I would highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael, and if you can get Lauren - you definitely won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

She's right, you'll love Lauren's outgoing, fun loving, genuine personality. I'm so glad you guys felt the same way!!

Bridgette · Married on 05/14/2016

We had our engagement and wedding photos done with Mitch. They provided a second photographer, Hope, and a bridal assistant, Ally, (who literally sowed me into my wedding gown an hour before the ceremony because the top bottom on the back of my backless gown had fallen off!) I can not rave enough about how wonderful these three people were! The helped the day run smoothly and captured some really beautiful shoots. I am beyond pleased with our wedding photos and want to print all 600 out!
    They provided us with a flash drive copy of 600 images and 100 special edit photos, which we are allowed to do with what we want. This is my favorite part - that the photos are actually ours. The turn around time was about 5 weeks (during peak wedding season, May).
    This company is a little pricey but over all it was well worth the cost - you pay for the quality you receive. I personally believe it is worth paying for a photographer you are confident will provide exactly what you want, and I know Daniel Michael's can do that.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You have no idea how much our photographers love reading these. Thank you!

Bridgette · Married on 05/14/2016

My wedding photos are phenomenal. The service and product I received from Daniel Micheal photography was outstanding. They two photographers and the bridal assistant were fantastic. They got all the shots I wanted and then some. Also they were quick to respond to any messages or email, prior to and after the wedding. Received my photos within a month of the event,

Sent on 08/21/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Yay! I'm not sure what else to say but thank you!

Kelli · Married on 04/16/2016

Daniel Michael did a fabulous job shooting my daughter's wedding and reception. The photos are absolutely beautiful and we have gotten so many wonderful compliments on them. He was easy to work with and very timely in delivery. I would highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael.

Sent on 04/30/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

It didn't make it difficult on me that half the room looked like they could be modeling, especially that girl in the white dress! Thanks so much for trusting me. It was a blast!!

Amanda · Married on 04/01/2016

Lauren was our photographer and oh my gosh she was absolutely amazing!! She was worth every penny. She did our engagement and wedding pictures and she also did my boudoir shoot. She was so flexible she drove all the way to our house twice, which is probably a hour away, to take pictures for us. And I could not have been more happy with all of the pictures that she took. I loved literally all of them and I got compliments from so many people on how awesome our pictures were! I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Let's face it, She LOVED you guys! I don't think she felt it was an inconvenience! Thank you!

Adrian · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an incredible experience with Images by Daniel Michael. We were blown away from the beginning. We felt that Daniel Michael was very honest with us in our first meeting and really helped us make an informed decision on a wedding photographer. We of course went with them and had Don Schvart be our lead photographer.
    My husband and I felt super awkward in front of the camera during our engagement pictures, but after just 10 minutes Don made us feel comfortable and have fun with it. The engagement pictures were beautiful and we knew that we had no worries for the big day. The day of the wedding, Don and his team were professional, on time, and so helpful! I loved that there were assistants there simply for whatever random need came up. They carried my dress, my shoes, and even brought hand warmers and blankets (we had a January wedding). One of his assistants even helped make me a bustle last minute! They were awesome. The day went so smoothly thanks to their attention to every detail. My husband and I chose not to do a first look. However, unlike most photographers, Don did not pressure us to change our mind. Instead he worked with us and was able to get all our pictures done after the ceremony in less than an hour! I couldn't believe Don was able to keep the wedding party on schedule. He came early and stayed all day until the wedding ended at 12:30am!
    We got our pictures back a week later and they were AMAZING!!! I have had countless people tell me how beautiful our pictures are. Its only been a month since the wedding and I have had 3 couples ask me who my photographer was, so that they can get the same one. Don and his team are so talented and hard working. I have absolutely no complaints or criticisms. I would highly suggest that any couple looking for a wedding photographer to use Images by Daniel Michael. Ask for Don Schvart, he's the best!!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Don is amazing. I wish I could explain to people just how special he is. I'm glad you enjoyed working with him!

Liz · Married on 09/26/2015

We chose Beth Verdon as our wedding photographer, and she was absolutely incredible! We had an engagement shoot with her in January, and we were so happy with how the pictures turned out. On our wedding day in September, Beth exceeded all of our expectations! She and her team worked incredibly hard all day long, and they were able to perfectly capture every important moment throughout the day. They were also very efficient and stayed almost perfectly within our timeline, which did so much to keep me relaxed before the ceremony. Our pictures look wonderful, and we could not be more happy with them! We were shocked with how many little moments Beth and her team were able to capture. We are in love with every single picture! Thank you so much to Beth and the entire Images by Daniel Michael team! You truly made my wedding day so special and memorable!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

That's what I love hearing! Thank you!

We are a same sex couple and we were treated with the utmost respect by Daniel Michael. His abilities as a photographer are outstanding. He made us feel at ease through the whole process.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Now let's be fair, you really made this pretty easy on me! You were both so full of positive energy and love that it's really easy not just to photograph but to become a part of. Knowing I've become part of your day is what makes it truly enjoyable to me so thank you for that!

Lauren Schoenfeld and her team were wonderful for my sister's wedding! They were so helpful and understanding. They provided great suggestions and support throughout the day. Great photos from getting ready to dancing the night away!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Lauren really is a special person. Not only is she a great talent, she's a quality person and I've gotten to the point of expecting to hear things like this. It makes me so happy to know she was there for you on your wedding day.

All I have to say is, there is a reason they have received all of these awards! I had truly an excellent experience with Daniel Michael. I chose to use Daniel for my wedding day, although they offer four different levels of photographers for those who don’t want to spend as much money. The engagement photos really turned out wonderful. And, I cannot even begin to describe how beautiful our wedding photos are! Not only is he very personable, but also he is truly a talented person and very experienced with wedding photography. On the day of the wedding, he brought two additional photographers and one bridal assistant (who came in handy many times!) They were all extremely professional, and most importantly the pictures turned out absolutely amazing! He was really able to capture our emotions and all of our guests and family members as well. He was even able to get some really good photos of my autistic brother, which is saying a lot because he does not pose for photos. I would definitely recommend him 1000 times over to anyone. It was a truly wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I know we were all a little unsure of how long your brother would be patient with having his photograph taken. And he lasted just long enough to get everything we needed! My favorite part though was your expression when you saw him in a tux for the first time. It was a pretty special moment for us as well as we captured it. What an amazing day!

Kristyn · Married on 07/25/2015

EVERYONE at Daniel Michael is amazing!! I did a lot of research to decide on my photographer- all my research suggested Daniel Michael. My experience with them proves the research was correct. They were SO friendly, helpful, caring, and easy going. They took a lot of fantastic photos and got them to us in a timely fashion. They truly cared about our day and wanted capture it as best as possible. LOVE THEM!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm taking a guess here because there were 4 weddings that day, but I'm pretty sure you had Lauren as your photographer! You lucked out! She's really awesome. I loved all the little things we did for your wedding. It really turned out to be an amazing day!

Michelle · Married on 07/10/2015

Dan and his staff are absolutely amazing! Dan is the real deal. His work is amazing and he did everything to make sure we got every photo we requested at our wedding (I had a list of Pinterest ideas! LOL). I have had more compliments on my photos and I am so happy we decided on Daniel Michael Photography. Dan worked with us personally and he worked with us on payments and was extremely quick to return our photos. His work is art and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Your list of Pinterest ideas wasn't too bad! What I liked was that you were open to my interpretation of some of the ideas and willing to go with the flow of the day. Which in the case of your day was a little crazy. But everyone helped get it together and make it work! I'm so glad things worked out for you and know I'll see you again soon!

Nirupa · Married on 06/28/2015

We absolutely loved working with Daniel Michael Photography for our wedding day photos. They were extremely flexible working with us since my now husband and I were planning our wedding from Texas. Communication was quick whenever we had questions and they were super willing and friendly to work with us. We had a traditional Indian wedding which lasted essentially a whole day and they were willing to be there the whole day starting from getting ready all the way to the end of the reception. Brian, our photographer was great to work with! When our day ended up falling behind from our timeline he was very go with the flow and was still able to get everything that we wanted done in our shortened time frame. He was also super energetic and helpful with anything we needed even if it wasn't related to photography. I would definitely recommend them to anyone for pictures!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad everything was so easy. We try so hard to make sure the entire process is that way so hearing that really makes me happy! Thank you.

Emily · Married on 06/20/2015

WOW, we hit the jackpot with our photographer choice! Dan made the day SO much fun and his whole team was incredibly helpful. He went way above and beyond, not just perfecting the photos but even helping with jewelry choices and pinning my bustle when it ripped just to name a few. Worth every penny!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

It really makes you feel good not only as a photographer but just as a person when a bride reviews you without seeing any photos but what I showed them on the camera when they are or should be on their honeymoon! You are too sweet. Go have fun! I'll have your sneak peek done by the time you are home!