Ilio DiPaolo's Restaurant & Banquet Facility Reviews

6 | Buffalo, NY

6 Reviews for Ilio DiPaolo's Restaurant & Banquet Facility

Elissa · Married on 08/05/2018

Amazing Staff!

Ilio's catered our wedding at Woodlawn Beach. I worked with Dorothy on what type of food I wanted, how I wanted the room set up, linens, etc. She was amazing and truly knew what the best options would be for what we were looking for. She was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. The day of Heather and her staff were on point! They made some great quick decisions, since it was too hot to have the food and dance floor outside. The service they provided was impecible! The bartenders and wait staff were super nice and very attentive!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Ilio DiPaolo's Restaurant & Banquet Facility's reply:

Elissa,
    Thank you for your recent review! We're so glad we could be a part of your special day! We always try to make you feel right at home and stress free with our staff and guidance for your big event. Dorothy and Heather are our best managers who are always looking out for your best interest. Congratulations and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
    Sincerely,
    Dennis D.

Leah · Married on 10/09/2015

Ilio's was absolutely great. The staff was phenomenal and the food was fantastic. My husband and I had a less traditional wedding, we had our reception right there followed by hours devours and an open bar. The food was enough to basically act like a buffet dinner and the staff was so attentive. It was exactly the vibe my husband and I were looking for for our day.

Sent on 12/23/2015

The staff at Ilio's was extremely helpful and accommodating, as we planned our Buffalo wedding from the West Coast. Dorothy, in particular, was willing to play around with our menu, as our budget was a big concern for us, and she was very professional (even though I'm sure she was frustrated with us). We chose an unlimited appetizer package, as we opted for a cocktail reception. On the day of our wedding, Ilio's was just plain awesome -- thoughtful, professional -- doing everything to make our day amazing. And our guests loved the food, especially the coconut shrimp.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/02/2014

We had our wedding reception at Ilio's in August 2014. Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect. We worked with Dorothy throughout the entire planning process and she was so easy to work with. When we wanted to change a few things, she was absolutely accomodating. Guess are STILL raving about our food!! We went with the Primo Wedding package which included so much food that nobody could possibly leave hungry by the end of the night. They were also very accomodating to our guests who had food allergies. The bar stayed open through dinner and they allowed us to bring in a hot dog cart at the end of the night for late night snacks. I was worried about the space since we had 180 guests, but everyone fit comfortably!! It was absolutely the wedding of our dreams, yet it didn't break the bank! You get so much for the money!! I would recommend Ilio's to anyone looking for a perfect wedding with amazing food and service for a great price!!

Sent on 02/01/2015

Catherine · Married on 09/08/2018

3.5

Clio's provided catering services for us at our reception location (Woodlawn Beach State Park) in Hamburg on the lake. They are the preferred caterer for the venue and are officially our preferred caterer as well! The catering team was phenomenal at getting back to me quickly and with efficiency. Dorothy was fantastic in every aspect and her other teammates were just as wonderful on the day of on-site. Dinner was delicious and all of our guests raved about how good it was (200 guests to be exact)! Not to mention, they were the best priced caterer for buffet dining we could find in all of Buffalo. ....and they were so worth it. Would HIGHLY recommend to others! Thank you Ilio's catering team!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Overall great value for price! The food was amazing, served hot and the staff was great! Dennis DiPolo was so nice! Even taking to the mic to offer a toast to us! The only glitch was my place cards.......I wanted all my place cards AT THE TABLES my guests were to sit at. Several times I thought to have made this clear. I had a chart showing my guests what table they were seated at and I placed all place cards in ziplock bags labeled for the table they were to be placed at. I explained that to the girl setting up the day before. I came into the banquet room to find all my place cards on a big table near the chart in complete random order. That sucked, but that was the only thing....the girl felt awful! Even though I worked really hard on that aspect, I didn't let it ruin my day. I would still completely recommend Ilio's for ANY event!! Beautiful, neutral interior. Amazing, attentive, friendly staff! You're really treated like family there!

Sent on 08/29/2015