Il Villaggio Reviews

Il Villaggio 4
Il Villaggio 5
Il Villaggio 6
Il Villaggio 7

Even though it has been three months since our wedding at Il Villaggio, we still have to give the BIGGEST shout out to General Manager Patrick Lopez and his entire team for our fabulous wedding. Our friends and family are still raving about the intimate ceremony, delicious cocktail hour and exquisite reception. From the very beginning Patrick was very accommodating and professional. My husband and I visited four other venues before going to Il Villaggio and from the very first meeting with Patrick there was no doubt in our minds that Il Villaggio is where we wanted our wedding to be. Patrick even performed our wedding ceremony onsite.

Patrick made the entire planning process a total breeze. He was very easy to dialog with and always very responsive whenever we reached out to him. To be very honest I was totally calm on my wedding day which I know is not the norm for most brides. Elona was my bridal attendant for the day and she totally made me feel like a queen catering to my every need even when I didn’t realize I had one! She is that fantastic!! Patrick and Alex and the rest of the team ran the entire wedding like a smooth operation. We were very impressed with how every detail of the evening was handled. We will be FOREVER GRATEFUL to Patrick and his team at Il Villaggio for EXCEEDING OUR EXPECTATIONS on the biggest day of our lives!!! XOXOXO

If you are looking for a venue to have your wedding at, look no further. Prepare to be WOWED!!

Sent on 10/23/2015
  • I

IRCIA · Married on 07/25/2015

Patrick and the entire staff of IL Villaggio preformed above and beyond EXPECTATIONS. It has been 3 months since the wedding and I still get compliments of the place, service, food, décor of IL Villaggio. I could not have been HAPPIER ON MY WEDDING DAY. I highly recommend IL Villaggio for any event or just a night out with friends or family for great food and great ambiance. The food is unbelievable. I am so content my husband and I selected IL Villaggio for our special day. Rafael, Patrick and the entire staff of this superb place, I like to thank you again for a wonderful day.

Sent on 10/21/2015

LoriAnn · Married on 07/23/2015

My husband and I had our beautiful cocktail hour and dinner reception at Il Villaggio in Carlstadt on Thursday, July 23rd, 2015. The general managers, Patrick and Richard, were helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, even entertaining some of my somewhat strange requests. The maitre'd, Leo, saw to it that our cocktail hour and reception ran flawlessly. Our bridal attendant, Elona, literally treated me like a princess.

Because we hosted a Thursday evening wedding, we felt that we received an excellent value. We originally booked with a general manager that left the venue, but he worked with us on the price per guest, the price of lighting, and the price of our table centerpieces. Patrick and Richard honored these prices. We were supposed to guarantee 100 guests; we were slightly below this amount, and Patrick said that guaranteeing 95 was acceptable.

The food at Il Villaggio is to die for. We had an hour-and-a-half cocktail hour at my request. Every single one of my guests raved about the food.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Reema · Married on 07/17/2015

We chose Il Villaggio for our July 17, 2015 wedding. And don't regret a single Bing. From the moment we walked into the place, we just knew that this would be the place. Patrick is amazing to work with. He listened to all of our suggestions and made this as seemless and uncomplicated as it would be. Patrick was available to us and extremely accomodating. The place was beautiful. We could not have asked for anything better and we definitely would not have changed a thing. Il Villaggio not only is beautiful place to have as your venue, but the food is also amazing. That was very important to us. That we have a beautiful place and delicious food and not sacrifice on one or the other(like some of the places we went to). They are definitely reasonably priced and you would not regret it. There has not been one person who didn't rave about our wedding and they are still talking about it. The staff was amazing and so attentive. I had 2 bridal assistants and they were great. The staff definitely made my hectic day a little bit smoother. You will not regret your decision to choose Il Villaggio and we look forward to working with Patrick and his staff in the future.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Linda · Married on 06/27/2015

We had our wedding at il villaggio and I cannot tell you enough how they treated us like there family I couldn't believe how amazing the staff was towards us every single person went above and beyond for us and our guests the food was phenomenal it melted in your mouth the guests came up to us even at the wedding talking about how good the food is & how beautiful the place is when I first walked into the villaggio and I saw the venue I fell in love not only are you the only event there that day how they treat your guests was just amazing then when the food tasting came I booked it the same day I didn't want to risk them being unavailable for or wedding date because the food and place was that good they walked us through everything and we tasted alittle bit of everything Agnes my bridal attendant was so awesome as well as Alex we wouldn't have done it without them I definitely recommended the villaggio to my friends family and anyone who if thinking of having any events thanks again I loved every minute of and a special thanks to Patrick for helping me plan everything he was amazing also

Sent on 06/29/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/05/2015

We had our wedding reception at Il Villaggio on June 5, 2015. It was honestly the most beautiful and romantic venue we've ever seen. From day 1, Pat and his team were extremely helpful and friendly. They gave us unique individualized attention that can't be matched anywhere else. At our reception guests were raving about the delicious food, romantic ambiance and delightful service all night long. With all the exciting activities at our wedding, Pat and his team made sure we had time to ourselves to enjoy the food and special moments! He also helped us make our fairytale wedding theme a unique part of the reception! We couldn't have chosen a more perfect place to start our life together as husband and wife!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Y

yohanny and Nick · Married on 05/30/2015

IL VIllaggio made our wedding a dream come true. Patrick and his wonderful team went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and happy during the ceremony and reception. Food was excellent and Viennese hour was beautiful.. We are so satisfied and happy we choose this venue for our wedding. I would highly recommend using this venue!!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Our wedding was all that we imagined and more! The staff at Il Villaggio are phenomenal! Everything ran smoothly and our guests keep raving that it was the wedding of the decade! The food was amazing!!! Patrick was so much help every step of the way and really knows how to throw a fantastic wedding (so make sure to take his advice) !!! Thank you to everyone at Il Villaggio for making our day the wedding of our dreams! :)

Sent on 06/17/2015

Percy · Married on 05/16/2015

Mr. Lopez and the staff of Il Villaggio were outstanding. I wish to thank them for an awesome production. Mr. Lopez was most helpful and work with us with arrangements and color schemes. Communication was never a problem, if not available we received a return call. The room was stylish and colorful. The staff made our wedding coordinator's job easy. Our D.J. was happy with the many outlets and ability to setup his equipment early. I would recommend this establishment to everyone and would use them again. I was completely impressed with our outcome.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Alex · Married on 04/25/2015

From our first meeting with Rich to the last interaction we had with him the day after our wedding, everything was unbelievable. The attention to detail was over the top and anything we needed was taken care of efficiently and effectively. On our wedding day we were greeted by Rich, Patrick, Alex Rivas who was our maitre d' and Agnes our bridal attendant as soon as we stepped out of the party bus.

The food was absolutely fantastic from cocktail hour to our main course to the Viennese Hour. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about the quality of the food and the service that everyone received at the wedding.

I cannot stress enough the amazing people that we had the pleasure of working with on our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about a thing because we had so much faith and confidence in the staff. They make you feel extremely comfortable about everything so you are able to enjoy your wedding to the fullest.

Thank you so much to the staff, especially Rich, Patrick, Alex and Agnes. You all made our wedding one of the most memorable experiences of our lives. Thank you!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Dana · Married on 04/11/2015

It's been 3 weeks since our Wedding Day, and I honestly don't know where to begin……. If David and I could get married all over again, we would still choose IL Villagio every single time! From the first day we walked into IL Villagio we absolutely loved the venue. On top of loving the venue, we loved Patrick whom made our experience ten times better! Throughout the entire process, Patrick made us feel like we were the only couple in the world he was catering to. His professionalism, kindness, and hard work should not be overlooked. From start to finish everything was perfect, perfect, PERFECT! Never once did I doubt that IL Villagio, Patrick & his team would let us down. I had complete confidence that everything would be wonderful and it was more than we could have ever dreamed of. We are so sad now that it is over, but we promised to go back every single year to celebrate our special day, that IL Villagio so graciously mastered. Thank you for creating such a beautiful memory for us, that we will talk about and remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Matthew · Married on 04/10/2015

This is part 1 one of our review, part 2 will follow after the wedding. Our experience has been interestingly positive one, we initially found the venue because of 103.5 contest to win a free wedding at the IL Villaggio, sadly we did not win a free wedding. After attending the contest event, in which they made it like a mock wedding I was sold, we looked at a few more venues, but none compared. We initially met with and signed our contract with John. The negotiations I felt were fair John gave us a good package in turn we had to guarantee 175(While he said it was not a hard number he had to protect his bottom line so we did not only end up with a 125 people) The reason I mention this is because I have heard horror stories about people negotiating with venues and the venues basically having a take it or leave it attitude. That was not the case at all with IL Villaggio. After a few months went by, we started to email John with some questions, only to find out that John left his job with the IL Villaggio for personal reason. We were a bit annoyed that no one called to notify us, that Patrick would be in charge of our wedding. While the venue did not change the person in charge of the wedding has the ability to make or break the entire day. I was a bit nervous because John really sold us, and my fiancé family who was paying for a good portion of the wedding loved him as well. Now enter Patrick, at first I was bit skeptical, based off emails I was a bit apprehensive, but as soon as we met him everything went very smoothly. He apologized for the inconvenience of starting with John and then being handed off to him without anyone notifying us. He even offered us a some added perks onto our package because of the small mishap without us saying anything to him he offered, which to me showed he genuinely wanted us to feel comfortable and happy working with him. Patrick has been amazing and very accommodating and has done excellent work given our budget.

Sent on 03/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/10/2015

PART 2 of 2 ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WOW!!! Patrick and his team at the IL Villaggio far exceeded my expectations. Every guest even before the night ended could not believe what an amazing wedding they were attending. The cocktail hour was nothing short of incredible. Patrick made sure each station had food at it for the entire hour not just part of the hour. Every guest was treated like a VIP, each server was extremely attentive, when a guest drink was empty they were not far behind with another signature cocktail or signature shot. If you are thinking about booking this place let me be the first to tell you, that facility and this staff is worth every dollar and more it is top notch establishment. Alona the bridal attendant was amazing, we were so busy with talking to people we missed cocktail hour, but she packed up all kinds of food for us, which we appreciated very much. She also helped me clean some dirt stains out of the bottom of my dress I thought there was no way they were coming out and she got them out. Patrick was more then accommodating, very sincere, and very prepared. The day was magical because everything he told us about in the beginning and showed us on paper came alive on April 10, 2015 and looked as amazing as we had hoped. If you are still reading this review please go book with them you will not be sorry!!! We plan to come back next year on our anniversary for dinner because the food is simply incredible.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Birmania · Married on 03/29/2015

We had a wonderful ceremony-reception at Il Villagio. Since our first visit we received a warm welcome. Richard was a great help every time we had questions. Very flexible and receptive. We and our guests loved their customer service. My husband's aunt who lives in NY said at the wedding she couldn't wait to refer Il Villagio to more people. Food amazing and our guests were very pleased with the drinks served. They were on top of every detail of the ceremony-reception. They have perfect timing for everything. We had Shadow(our dog) at the wedding and the staff treated him as a royal guest just because they knew how much Shadow means to us.
    If you want a perfect wedding with everything under control by professionals then this is the perfect place.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Alana · Married on 03/22/2015

I was married on 3/22/2015.Sheesh,I don't even know where to begin,everything was perfection. My guests have not stopped calling or texting saying how wonderful everything was. The food is something that literally cannot be beat,it is not your average wedding venue food. Il Villaggio breaks the mold because everything that you put in your mouth is absolutely delicious. I am actually a little upset that I didn't eat more because the food was that good!I can go on & on about the food but I need to speak on the staff,this team is top notch! I don't know how they do it but boy oh boy with a million things going on,a 100 plus guests,they run this thing without skipping a beat! Patrick(gm),Alex(maitre'd),& Elona(bridal attendant)are superstars I cannot thank them enough for giving me the most absolutely perfect day! This whole planning process people kept telling me "oh things won't go as planned but just enjoy it anyway",WRONG!My wedding was a super success & everything exactly as planned thanks to Patrick & Alex. My mother who can be a major pain in the butt said to me the other day"I wasn't the bride but I felt just as important,I've never been to wedding where they treated the MOB so wonderfully" that says a lot coming from her.Everyone that asks me how was it,my reply is PERFECT each & every time. Il Villaggio is the best hands down,food, drinks,staff,decor all outstanding!You will feel amazing,like a star not like some other venues where you are just another number in a wedding factory. Our cake which was part of our package was from Palermo's,anyone that knows me knows I love my sweets,this cake was everything!!The cake went great with our venetian hour which we added,& seriously OMG you could die from deliciousness!Cotton candy,chocolate fountain,crepes,waffles,pastries,pies,cakes,I can't not even remember all the goodies.Again Patrick, Alex, & Elona were simply amazing they really made "our day" just that "our day"!

Sent on 04/08/2015

My wife and I are not Jersey natives but have lived here for nearly three years. I often speak with people that rave about the mansions in Newport, Rhode Island and I've been to several weddings in the state of Rhode Island but believe me when I say the weddings I've been to in the state of Rhode Island, could not touch the elegance, quality of service, professionalism, responsiveness or value offered by Il Villaggio in Carlstadt, New Jersey. I have been to several country club weddings in RI and Tampa, FL and I promise you Il Villaggio gave the "WOW" factor that made jaws of all our guest drop. From the elegant foyer to the stunning chandeliers, the food from the cocktail hour had our guest in awe and the main course had each of them approach me with stellar reviews and gratitude that they could have been invited to such a celebraction. The ice sculpture, the food, the lighting, ambiance, the bar, the valet, the bridal suite and balcony and the service were all PERFECT! My wife and I felt like Royalty with our own secret service staff. They ensure our glasses remained full and gave us enough space to enjoy our moment. If you are familiar with the butler character in the Adam Sandler film, Mr. Deeds, that was how efficient, professional and responsive the staff was at Il Villaggio. One of my buttons from my braces (suspenders) had popped off prior to entrances and they were equipped to handle the issue without breaking a sweat. My wife and her bridesmaids needed band-aids due to the shoes rubbing against their heels and without hesitation the staff was ready and they stayed within earshot. The vendors that Il Villaggio recommended were also beyond perfect. I did look elsewhere and my hunt was futile as there was no comparison plus the recommendations had better price points then all of my searches. I asked co-workers and listened to DJs via webpages, Facebook, Instagram, etc but they could not match up. Il Villaggio was perfect in every sense of the word.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Anna · Married on 02/07/2015

What a great party - my guests can't stop talking about how great all the food was and how much there was of everything! Patrick and team were more than accommodating with every detail, from my polish ice sculpture to the addition of our own polish food station that we were able to bring in. WOW - just overall best wedding venue in NJ and us polish people do weddings like its our job! Great place and great time - thank you!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Cara · Married on 12/28/2014

Thank You to everyone at Il Villaggio for making our day a perfect one! Patrick, Rich, Alex & Elona were absolutely AMAZING. Everything we needed was taken care of as well as all of our guests. Everyone raved about the food and service. We sincerely thank everyone for making our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 12/29/2014

After spending over a year looking at wedding venues all over the NY/NJ metro area my fiancée and I were getting tired of looking but after hearing about Il Villaggio from a family friend and looking at the reviews online we decided to give it a try. We met with Patrick and we loved his straight forward pitch – we were having a smaller wedding with a guest count around 125 and he had no problems taking a smaller wedding while at other venues we were told we’d have to take the smaller reception room or try to get closer to a 150 guest count. On our visit we fell in love with the huge ballroom with high ceilings and great new lighting and the food package looked like a great value. We loved that they told us everything up front and there were no hidden fees in the pricing – the price they give you is for everything all in and no extra charges – this was a welcomed change from the other venues we visited. On the day of the wedding we pulled up to Il Villaggio after our church ceremony and Patrick, Alex (maître d) and Agnes (bridal assistant) were waiting for us and had everything taken care of. Our florist was a little bit late with the centerpieces and we didn’t have to lift a finger, Patrick was on the phone right away getting a status. The service at Il Villaggio was nothing short of AMAZING, highly professional and everything is taken care of right away. Our guests were blown away by the quality and amount of food at the cocktail hour – even months later we are still getting comments it’s the best they’ve ever had. The dinner is just as good (Filet mignon and Salmon are fantastic) and the Venetian hour for dessert is even better (every possible item imaginable is there). Thank you to Patrick , Alex, Agnes and the rest of the staff for making it a perfect night. Highly recommended to all couples - 5 Stars +. Chris & Michelle Dec 2014

Sent on 03/13/2015

Alessandra · Married on 12/13/2014

My husband and I were married on Saturday, December 13, 2014 in the most beautiful ceremony. Not only did they comfortably accommodate 150 guests in the ceremony room, but they also managed to keep all of the wedding guests out of sight while we took our wedding pictures. Our cocktail hour and reception was nothing short of exquisite and tastefully done. The food was outstanding and our signature cocktail was a big hit. Patrick and Alex were also nothing short of amazing. They were beyond helpful and understanding throughout the entire planning process and the wedding itself. They have become extended family to us and we just love them to pieces! They made sure that we did not want for anything on our wedding day. Our bridal attendant made sure that we always had a drink in our hand and a smile on our faces the entire evening. Our black tie wedding was like a fairytale.... better than we ever imagined possible and it is all because of Patrick, Alex and the rest of the AMAZING staff!! If you have a vision or a dream... Patrick and his staff will make it a reality!! They really know how to throw a party!!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

We were extremely happy with the Villaggio and how special they made our wedding night for us! The service was outstanding, the food amazing, and the place is beautiful!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Karen · Married on 11/07/2014

il villaggio was better than I could've even imagined. First of all the food was AMAZING. Everyone raved about it. My father STILL raves about it to his friends and strangers & he is not easily or EVER impressed. My husband and I are also foodies so it isn't easy to impress us as well. il villaggio catered to my needs and my suggestions of what I wanted for my wedding. The night went by without a hitch. Special thanks to our maître d and my amazing bridal attendant nadya who was a lifesaver and made me feel like everything was taken care of at every moment. She bustled my dress, delivered every plate of every dish to our table at cocktail hour, and always made sure we had a drink on hand. She also sewed my husbands button on his jacket when it came off before our grand entrance. She was wonderful and an ASSET to the il villaggio team. Thank you so much for making me so comfortable and for being the best place possible for us to celebrate our special day. I would do it over again and I would always pick il villaggio. That is how happy we are with our decision. Thank you most of all to Richard who made sure that everything went off without a hitch. He constantly made sure everything was going well. Do yourself a favor and pick il villaggio. A gorgeous venue, delicious food, and staff that make it their prerogative to make your day a dream come true! They sure made ours one. We can't thank them enough.

Karen and john tomaszewski

Sent on 01/18/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/26/2014

I am going to be short and sweet since I could write pages on my positive experience with Il Villaggio. After being overwhelmed with the details that are involved with wedding planning, I was SURE something would go wrong the day of. I figured, "with my luck" something was going to happen. I came to accept that if something goes wrong, it is what it is as long as I enjoy myself. Well, all I have to say is that it was LITERALLY perfect. I have NOTHING bad to say. No critiques. Nothing I would have changed. I had a large wedding...there was not ONE compliant or issue that anyone could imagine. Actually, I had family members come up to me and say "none us of will be able to top this." Patrick was perfect. From the minute he took our wedding to the last minute of packing our cars as we left; he was perfect. He was eight steps ahead of me for EVERYTHING. It was almost like I spent thousands of dollars on a wedding planner. He was so personable and won over every single guest in attendance. ALL the staff were amazing. My bridal attendant Nadia was unbelievable. She was basically thinking for me since I was all over the place. She was fixing my hair after taking my veil off-- she even fixed my hair style! She later said that she used to work in a salon....go figure. How perfect? They seemed to LOVE my friends/family. We have a huge Irish family and have crazy traditions. The staff joined a few of our traditions which made everyone laugh and will never forget it. It's those little touches you will get from this venue. The food is so good. They have so much included in the package the deal is unreal. You get SO much for your money and literally every penny is worth it. I almost am waiting for another occasion so I can use them again for something! I will genuinely miss working with these people. How many people can say there was not ONE glitch on their day? Use Il Villaggio & will BET you'll have the same experience.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Doreen · Married on 10/11/2014

We had our daughters wedding at IlVillaggio on October 11, 2014. It was absolutely beautiful. It has been two weeks since the wedding and people are still coming up to my husband & I saying what a wonderful time they had at our daughters wedding. Richard, Patrick, and the entire staff at IlVillaggio went over and above to make my daughters wedding PERFECT!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2014

Il Villaggio was GREAT! Richard and Patrick was right there all night asking and doing anything we wanted. There was not one thing I could say bad about them, from food to service.

Sent on 01/01/2015