il Tulipano Reviews

151 | Cedar Grove, NJ

151 Reviews for il Tulipano

• F

Francine · Married on 03/09/2012

Our wedding was March 9th 2012, and I could not wait to get home and write a review. I want to start by saying this place was perfect; the food, the atmosphere, and especially the service was unbelievable.
    We booked over a year in advance and had our doubts, stresses, and excitement throughout the year leading up to our wonderful night. We are from central NJ and when people asked where the venue we booked was, many had not heard of Il Tulipano. This added to our stress. However, the night of the wedding erased any doubt. This place is nothing short of superb! The night began with pictures starting at 5:30 in their gorgeous courtyard (even in March), in which the matradee (bridal attendant) made sure we had EVERYTHING we needed. Althea was with us the entire night making sure we never had to wait or even ask for anything. Food and drinks were served to us continuously throughout the night. She provided the most superior service my wife and I have ever received. We truly felt like royalty. Along with the unparalleled service provided by her, Vincent and the entire staff made the night run without a hitch. At no time did ourselves or our guests hear the word “NO”. Everything we wanted, and didn’t even know we wanted, we got.
    The upstairs reception room was breathtaking with the new track lighting, gorgeous table setups, and incredible service. Our night was just perfect. We had requested a special service for our entrance (shots provided to all guests to take when we were announced for Mr. & Mrs. The first time), and we were sure they would disagree to this, but we were wrong. They did this for us with smiles on their faces and it was awesome! We even got compliments from our guests afterward. I have never seen or attended an event like they put on for our wonderful night, and it is safe to say will never attend a wedding more fantastic or more incredible in our lives.
    The last thing I want to point out is that we tried the food in various halls across the state, and nothing even compares. Every one of my guests could not believe the amount and quality of delicious food. Our guests raved that everything they had was fantastic and people are still talking about it. If you decide to book Il Tulipano (which I would highly recommend), make sure you get the soft shell crab during the cocktail hour, and be sure to try the Filet Mignon as your main dish as I have never had a better cut of meat ‘EVER’. Finally, I just want to say that looking back on the night, there is absolutely nothing I would change. There is nothing more I could have asked for or wanted. They made our wedding an amazing event we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Heather · Married on 01/21/2012

I had my wedding at iL Tulipao on January 28th and they have exceeded my expectations in every way. They were professional in every way. The food was by far the best and the venitian hour is still being talked about by many of my guests. I highly recommend this amazing place. I am hoping that someone I know chooses this place so I can return for the food. Vincent was the greates to work with and the entire crew made my night amazing.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Dana · Married on 01/13/2012

Our wedding at il Tulipano was amazing. The staff was so helpful and friendly, and made the whole experience very seemless. The food was phenomenal, my family and friends are still raving about it. From the amazing cocktail hour to the special dinner for our vegan best man, il Tulipano went above and beyond to make our evening special. We appriciate all of the staff and they attention to detail they provide , we would recommend this place to everyone.. ... very happy bride and groom.. Dana and Matt 1/13/12

Sent on 02/08/2012

Andrea · Married on 10/22/2011

IL Tulipano has a great representation - everyone I know will not want to turn down a wedding invitation to Tulipano simply because you won't be disappointed with the amazing quality of food and services. I had 245 people at my wedding and everyone spoke highly about the food and the Venetian room. Even guests were surprised to taste delicious wedding cake that was made on the premise! Vincent and Gregorio Jr. were very accommodating and pleasure to work with. Gregorio Jr. was personable enough to come up to me during the cocktail hour and congratulated me. Also, i never knew how much helpful it was to have our bridal attendant Thea until that big day!! She was right there when I came out of the limo until the end of the night when I went in the shuttle van. She informed me when dinner was our table and asked for any of my belongings so she could hand them to me whenever I needed them like slippers and lipstick. Even though I was the bride, I totally trusted the Tulipano staff to do their job and enjoyed my own wedding!
    Thank you so much for an amazing night!! I hope to host future parties there!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Tracy · Married on 10/01/2011

Il Tulipano provided the most incredible wedding experience ever. Everything was absolutely perfect and the way we wanted it to be. They went above and beyond all our expectations and made our day feel like a true fairy tale!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Kathy · Married on 09/25/2011

We had our ceremony and reception at Il Tulipano last weekend and it was absolutely amazing! The food was incredible and my guests still can't stop talking about the elaborate cocktail hour/venetian hour. The staff was very attentive and organized. Vincent was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout the process. Whatever we asked for was accommodated without a problem. Thank you to Vincent and the Tulipano staff for a job well done!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Connie · Married on 07/31/2011

Our wedding ceremony and reception were wonderful. We were so pleased with everything. The outdoor piazza was lovely. The food at the reception was delicious (especially the cocktail hour)

Vincent was very professional and helpful throughout the planning process.
    Carol, our wedding attendant, was very organized and made sure everything ran on schedule. She even made sure that we ate.

We would definitely recommend il Tulipano.

Sent on 08/25/2011

Joyce · Married on 07/17/2011

My daughter's reception at Il Tulipano this past weekend was in one word AMAZING. I worked with Vincent throughout the preparation part and he was wonderful. He returned calls immediately and was very attentive throughout the planning. The day of the wedding he greeted me at the car when I arrived and made the evening effortless on my part. My attendant, Sunday, was always at the table asking what I needed and anticipating my every need. She even worried that I was so excited and wasn't eating so she made me a plate.
    These people made me feel like family.

The gardens were lovely. The dining room and cocktail rooms were beautiful. It was a lovely, lovely wedding! Thank you Il Tulipano!!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Silvia · Married on 07/10/2011

Il Tulipano was absolutely amazing! The entire staff truly went above and beyond for us. The food at the cocktail hour was delicious and plentiful. The service was fantastic. Our bridal attendant waited on us all and the bridal party all night!! The place is so beautiful and the outdoor piazza wowed everyone. Our guests couldn't stop talking about what a wonderful time they had.
    It was the perfect place for us. I worked with Donald who was so helpful throughout the planning process. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/29/2011

Il Tulipano made my wedding perfect. When initially looking for a venue, we knew Il Tulipano had a great reputation, but we saw it we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Our ceremony was going to be held there and their outside grounds are breathe taking. From the very beginning they made have my wedding there so easy. They were accommodating with every request we had. Everybody on their staff is incredible and I can't say enough about them. We initially dealt with Donald who was great and in the last two weeks before the wedding I spoke with Vincent and Gregori who were both awesome. They knew everything about my wedding even though I had been dealing with Donald. I was so impressed. The couple of days before the big day, they calmed my nerves and assured me everything would be perfect and it was!!!!! The food, the service, the bridal attendants were all great. My guests are just raving and raving about my wedding. I told Gregori before leaving that night that when I have my first child the Christening will be there! I want to have another party there; that is how much i loved them! Anyone who has their wedding there or any other event will not be disappointed. I promise.

Sent on 05/06/2011

Jesica · Married on 04/16/2011

I cannot begin to say enough about how fantastic the entire staff at Il Tulipano was. The array of food, the quality of the food, the atmosphere, everything about our venue was perfect. I could not have imagined anything better other than to have the reception last all night because it went so fast! From planning to execution, Il Tulipano was exceptional and far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wishing to have an extrodinary wedding receiption.

Sent on 05/03/2011

Joseph · Married on 11/26/2010

Denise and I experienced a phenomenal wedding celebration at il Tulipano in Cedar Grove, NJ. Our ceremony and reception exceeded our expectations. Donald Longo and Steve Meier patiently advised us in planning and preparing for our special day with professionalism and personality. We didn't have any stress. Carol Banda, the maitre d', Thea, our bridal attendant, and the entire staff treated us as if we were royalty.

The room where our ceremony was attended provided an intimate setting for us to proclaim our love before our families and friends. From the cocktail hour, and through the reception and the venetian hour, the food was fabulous and abundant. The presentation was impeccable! Our wedding cake was remarkably copied from a photo we had provided. It tasted as fine as it appeared.

Our guests raved about our wonderful wedding. We even received a communication from a friend thanking us for our invitation.

Gregorio Polimeni Jr., the proprietor, hosts a top-notch establishment. He possesses the class to congratulate us during our reception and to inquire if there was anything we needed.

If you want a wedding of a lifetime, il Tulipano definitely makes your special day a most memorable occasion.

Sincerely,

Joe and Denise

Sent on 12/02/2010

Stacy · Married on 10/03/2010

From the early stages of planning to the big day, the staff was absolutely wonderful. The food was fantastic, the grounds were beautiful and the guests are still talking about all the things they enjoyed from the day. The only complaint I had was that the people who cleaned up the ceremony threw away the glass my husband stomped on at the end of the ceremony. After all was said and done, I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their wedding in a beautiful space with terrific food, helpful staff,etc.

Sent on 10/23/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2010

Tulipano was so beautiful and made our wedding amazing. We couldn't ask for anything more and we are still getting compliments on such a beautiful wedding we had. It was all we could imagine and more.

Sent on 02/11/2011

Noelle · Married on 08/27/2010

Vincent was amazing to work with. He was so nice and accommodating. He went above and beyond for us. The food was amazing, the entire event there was flawless. Vincent put so much time into our wedding and making it special.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Christina · Married on 06/26/2010

Absolutely amazing! I can't find one terrible thing to say about il Tulipano. They made sure our wedding ran smoothly and exactly how we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious from the cocktail hour through dessert. We looked at a lot of places in Bergen County and il Tulipano gave us a lot for the least amount of $$. Our bridal attendant was amazing, she made sure we had everything we needed and we actually got to eat! I highly recommend il Tulipano.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Dominick · Married on 05/29/2010

First off let me say that the staff at il Tulipano managed to blow the minds of every single guest at my wedding! The food can't be described and I have yet to cease hearing the rave reviews from my friends and family. I worked with much of their staff, from Gregorio Jr, Vincent, Donald and others whse names I can't remember. Each and every member of their staff treated us as if we were their only function on their calendar. They were patient, we didn't get the seating done until the day before and then I changed the layout of the room, Professional, and just a pure pleasure to work with. On the day of the service and facility were beyond compare. Our Bridal attendant was amazing and was the only reason I got to eat and enjoy most if not all the gourmet, made in-house delights that seemed to never end. I am a hospitality management professional by education and trade so I'm very picky about service and quality of food and Il Tulipano melted my brain they were so good. This was the first and only place we really considered and it was the best decision we made. I am still speechless and struggle to find the words to communicate how I feel about the wonderful experience they provided my wife and I on our special day. My only regret is that the reception was so great I didn't want it to end! By far the best cocktail hour, dinner, and Venetian hour I have ever seen and I have been to many Weddings and have worked on many more. Now I hope I know someone who gets married there so I can return and enjoy all they have to offer without the distractions of being the Groom.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/14/2010

the place is beautiful!!! the food and service was also amazing!! everyone told us it was one of the best weddings they have been too!!!! definatly recommend it 100%

Sent on 01/03/2011
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/08/2010

WOW! I truly do not have words to express how WONDERFUL the venue of Il Tulipano is. They have truly mad emy weddign day better than I could have imagined. GREG Jr., DONALD, and ATHEIA are AMAZING. There wasn't one thing I had to ask for. They were able to accomdate me, my bridal party, my guests, etc. My guests left raving about how wonderful the food was, how clean and beautiful the location was and most of all how helpful and friendly the staff was.

This location is fantastic....ESPECIALLY for a wedding! Way to go guys!

Nicole and Anthony Messina
    May 8, 2010

Sent on 06/20/2010
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 03/20/2010

Il Tulipano was the first place we visited and the only place we visited. The grounds are beautiful. The food is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Everyone raved about the food and the service. They did everything we wanted. We gave them two pictures of two different cakes that we wanted. They incorporated both cakes EXACTLY to what we wanted. My fiance and I really could not have asked for more. Our bridal attendant was great! She made sure we ate and waited on up hand an foot. My glass was never empty!

I worked with Donald through the entire process. He is such a doll! Make sure you ask for him!! Love you Donald!!

Sent on 03/22/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2009

Best nite ever . I still have guest tell me was thebest wedding they have ever been to . The food was outstanding. No one compares . Beautiful venue inside and out . They truely took care of me and all my guest . Being that they service one wedding at a time unlike other place I felt like a princess . I felt like I owned the place . I can't wait to hold other functions there now . If u don't have your wedding here you will miss out on the best nite of your life

Sent on 03/09/2011

Marisa · Married on 07/17/2009

Il Tulipano was terrific! They helped us with our rehearsal, planned out every step and ran us through it two times. Carol and Thea were fantastic bridal attendants. They had my glass full, dress fluffed and food on our table. The food was out of this world and the service was impeccable. The waiters were polite and very quick when bringing drinks. Some tables didn�t need to get up at all to go to the bar. The outdoor ceremony was beautiful. The area by the waterfall was perfect for taking pictures. Our cake was my favorite part! They did exactly what we wanted and it also was delicious! The bar is almost ridiculous considering they have 14 different kinds of bottled beer and stock Kettle One as well as Grey Goose Vodka. Most weddings I have been to have about 4 different beers and one type of Vodka. I cannot say enough about the dessert! The zeppolis were delicious, the geloti was homemade and the pastries were plentiful. Our guests can�t stop raving about our wedding and I am so happy we chose il Tulipano.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Iris · Married on 06/13/2009

I can not express how wonderful my wedding day was because of the staff at il Tulipano. From the moment we pulled up when our venue search started we knew that il Tulipano was "it." Everyone says you get a feeling when you know it's right, and we had that feeling. The place was gorgeous, the grounds were beautiful and the kindness and experience of the staff was excellent. We signed our contract 20 minutes after walking through the doors. The entire planning process was wonderful. Greg and Steve were excellent to work with. The day of the wedding everything went so smooth, even though it was pouring out. I had someone by my side the entire time helping me with my dress, carrying my flowers, pulling out my chair and getting anything I needed. There really isnt words for how amazing the food is. Our guests are still raving about the selection, amount and quality of all the food. We had very happy and full guests at the end of the night. It's a great feeling when our guests are still talking about how beautiful and wonderful our wedding was, and I do have to thank il tulipano for making my wedding the most amazing day of my life. I highly highly highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Michele · Married on 06/12/2009

My wedding went off with out a hitch thanks to the staff at Il Tulipano. They were all so wonderful. The food and atmosphere were amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything more. The grounds are spectacular and the people are too. I would go there for another family event in a heart beat. And I love the sinks in the bathroom! :)

Sent on 07/05/2009

Helen · Married on 09/20/2008

The service and food at Il Tulipano are spectacular! We had our cocktail hour outside in the piazza, and it was absolutely beautiful. Everyone is still raving about the food! The owner and staff are extremely hospitable and professional. They made our day fabulous!

Sent on 11/11/2008