il Tulipano Reviews

151 | Cedar Grove, NJ

151 Reviews for il Tulipano

Lenny · Married on 12/06/2013

Great staff and overall service. They made our day everything we were looking for and more. We fell in love and chose Il Tulipano after seeing it for the first time. Wouldn't of changed a thing!

Sent on 02/12/2014
  • Anjelle

Anjelle · Married on 11/23/2013

Il Tulipano made our wedding dream become a reality. Gregorio was wonderful. He answered all of our questions and gave us everything we wanted and more. He was very focused on the bride. He also takes the time to go over all of the details. The grounds at il Tulipano are absolutely gorgeous and quite picturesque. The inside is just as beautiful! The food is out of this world! They provide an elaborate cocktail hour and everything is delicious, including their dinner. Their Viennese hour has so many options for dessert. They have an on-sight baker who was able to duplicate a picture of a cake that I found and it came out great. In addition to the amazing food, the staff there is so friendly and the bridal attendant Thea is so sweet and got us everything we needed. Our guests are still talking about the service and the food at our wedding! My husband and I can not express enough about our experience there and wish we could do it all over again. It was the best day of our lives and everything about Il Tulipano was remarkable. We hope we get to experience another wedding there. Thank you Il Tulipano!! ~Anjelle and Joseph Rullis~

Sent on 06/10/2014

The venue was beautiful and everything came out perfect! We were originally concerned about the food since you don't have tasting before the wedding, and my in-laws are Portuguese so the amount of food is definitely important. The food is exceptional and even the Portuguese are still talking about it today! the maitre D and bridal assistant were both great and catered to my every need!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Stefania · Married on 10/20/2013

Our dream came true the day we walked into il Tulipano! Every step of the way was a breeze with all the help we had from Donald and Gregorio ! They are top notch ! The service the appearance. The food Ohh the food! How amazing ! I couldn't ever imagine spending our special day anywhere else ! My husband and I will never forget how beautiful our day was spending it at il Tulipano ! My bridal attendant , Sunday , was on point all night ! A pleasure and a beauty the venue!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2013

I LOVE IT HERE! I went into this wedding blind, Never been here ever and was just going on one persons recommendation. Alyssa worked with me during everything and was so great. The day of the wedding was perfect. The staff was great and made sure I had no worries. Each one of my 200 guest will never forget the wedding at this place. They are still talking about the cocktail hour. I couldnt have asked for a better venue

Sent on 10/14/2013

Gladys · Married on 10/03/2013

I still cannot believe I had the wedding of my dreams!!! I'm so happy we chose il Tulipano as our venue, it was a pleasure to deal with Donald and the rest of the staff at il tulipano. Our wedding was amazing! And every single guest LOVED the food and the venue :) thank you very much for everything!! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Audra · Married on 09/28/2013

Pure amazement! Loved every minute of the reception and cocktail hour. Amazing food, great atmosphere and overall total professionalism. Greg Jr is awesome and was so accommodating up until the last minute.

We had attended a wedding at il Tulipano 2 years ago and when we got engaged they were the first place we visited and the place we booked.

I wanted a venue where we would be the only wedding and where I knew the food was awesome.
    The grounds are beautiful, we took all of our pictures there. The bridal attendant was great.

Our guests are still bragging about the night. Tulipano did a great job and I highly recommend them for a wedding.

Would not change a thing - it was the perfect day ! Thank you Greg and everyone at il Tulipano!!

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • Sheyla

Sheyla · Married on 09/15/2013

On September 15, 2013 my husband and I had the most amazing Wedding. I want to thank Il Tulipano for not only making our reception a dream come true, but we had our ceremony at their new renovated garden and it was the perfect location for the perfect wedding on the perfect day!! For cocktail hour we also chose the BBQ option and it was a HIT!!!!a must do!!! The food was out of this world!!! My guest could not stop talking about it!!
    Alyssa was my personal contact, she was amazing!!! She is quick with Emails and will do anything to help your wishes come true.
    I will miss everyone at Ill Tulipano after a year coming and going they became part of my family

Before choosing your venue give Il Tulipano a view you will be amazed!!

Happily Married Mrs. Zepeda

Sent on 09/23/2013

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2013

I recently had my wedding reception at il Tulipano! The food was AMAZING.. the place inside was immaculate and the staff was professional! I am still getting compliments on how amazing the food was and how beautiful tulipano was! Thank you to everyone at tulipano for making my wedding reception truly a wonderful experience! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Tiffany · Married on 09/06/2013

ABSOLUTELY recommend Il Tulipano!! Amazing people to work with, amazing decor, and amazing food!!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Victoria · Married on 08/09/2013

Oh my goodness. My wedding was the easiest most amazing thing that has ever occurred for me. Alyssa and the staff at il Tulipano were all so helpful and amazing. When we had a question, they had an answer. If we had a problem, they fixed it immediately. Working with them, there was absolutely no reason for a bride to turn into bridezilla. The ceremony spot was gorgeous, however it rained so we had to do it inside but it was still beautiful!!!! If I could get married over and over I would choose il Tulipano for everything. The food? holy cow, you have never seen so much food in your life!!! and it was all delicious. the service was amazing and the reception hall was GORGEOUS!!!! We found out that we had a bridal attendant and thank God we did, because she helped us understand what we needed to do and where we needed to be. We did our rehearsal dinner at Rare The Steakhouse, which is owned by the same family, and that was amazing as well. They also did our cake and i gave them a picture and replicated it, it was beautiful!! And it tasted AMAZING. everyone said it was the best wedding cake they have ever had. All of my family and my husbands family said that this was the wedding of a century and that it was the best wedding they have ever been too. It was truly the most amazing experience of my life and part of that goes to il Tulipano. If you are having a hard time deciding where to have your wedding, have it at il Tulipano, you cannot go wrong and I PROMISE, it will be the most stress free time of your life!! I guarentee it!

Sent on 08/21/2013

If you are looking for somewhere to have your wedding we would highly recommend il Tulipano. They were professional, accommodating and we couldn't have asked for more for our wedding. The food was out of this world, it has beautiful grounds and the service is beyond great!!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband and I had our reception at Il Tulipano in June and had the most amazing time! We are still talking about it, and so are all our friends and family. From the amazing food, beautiful atmosphere, and the amazing service - it was all perfect and everyone is still raving about Il Tulipano. We can't wait to go back there as a guest for someone else's wedding, to enjoy it all over again. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone because you know you will get the best service possible and will completely enjoy your wedding day to the fullest. Everyone at Il Tulipano was so attentive to us and our family and friends, we truly had nothing to worry about and were able to just enjoy the night with everyone we love. A special thanks to everyone at Il Tulipano for making our wedding day one that is unforgettable!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I got married in April, EVERYTHING was exactly the way I imagined my wedding day to be. I loved the service, I loved how my needs were met. Due to my mom having chemo prior in the month of our wedding she was sick during our event. They packed me up beautiful dessert tray to give to her since she missed us cutting the cake on. It was truly a wonderful venue with everything in place that I had asked for. I couldnt have wished for anything else.

Sent on 01/09/2014

They are very flexible with choices for food and what you want to exclude, which reduces the price.

Sent on 04/12/2013

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2012

Il Tulipano made our wedding day perfect. Everyone LOVED the food and everything went better then expected. The staff was so attentive! Our wedding day was amazing because of everything they did!

Sent on 01/28/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/29/2012

ok,first ill start off by saying this is the groom not the bride! i wanted to make this day really special and as beautiful as i could for my bride! I wanted it as easy as possible so i was looking to have wedding ceremony and reception at venue!! Well I can tell you, Il Tulipano was amazing in all aspects!! Only one wedding at a time not multiple weddings!! This was important to me! the precious gardens and waterfall made ceremony that much more beautiful! The venue is beautufl inside! , the menu and the food was GREAT , the staff was very attentive and helpful!! Very roomy for good size croud!! It exceeded all my high expextations!! I will recommemd this venue to any new couples tying the KNOT!! Thank you Il Tulipano!!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Robert · Married on 09/23/2012

Il Tulipano is a premier facility with the absolute best value, their food is top quality and their staff is always courteous and professional. The bridal attendant took care of every detail and stayed by our side the entire night. I had my daughters wedding as well as my 2nd wedding at Il Tulipano and would suggest them to anyone thinking of getting married or having a corporate affair. We have also utilized their in house preferred vendors and they are also as professional and couteous as the staff at Il Tulipano. In my opinion the best in North Jersey!!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Alyssa · Married on 07/27/2012

Selecting a wedding venue to host your wedding celebration has to be one of the most difficult decisons to make when getting married. From the moment my husband and I visited Il Tulipano for the first time, we knew it was the place for us. Vincent made us feel comfortable and didn't try to give us a sales pitch like other venues we visited. He was gracious and made us feel like family. I truly believe that the value far exceeds the investment we made. The food was outrageous and abundant, the service was spectacular, and anything I asked for leading up to the wedding, any special request I made the reply was "Anything you want." My in-laws asked if we could request sugar-free desserts for the diabetics attending. We thought there would be a sugar-free cake and a few cookies, but there was an entire table of sugar-free desserts at our reception! Thea, my bridal attendant was amazing. She reminded my husband to put his jacket on for pictures, kept my slippers under the table for me during dinner so I could slip them on between courses, she bustled my dress, searched high and low for my bracelet that fell off and found it in the parking lot, reminded me to put lip gloss on, helped my bridemaid get a stain out of her dress, and so much more. Every detail was executed perfectly, and the owner introduced himself and thanked us for hosting our special day with them. I cannot recommend them enough. I am still being complimented by my family and friends. They tell me it was the most amazing wedding they've been to. We will absolutely be using them again the future.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/14/2012

The moment my husband and I walked into il Tulipano we were sold. The place has this magical way of making you feel like you are at home. It is so warming and welcoming. It is gorgeous inside and out and their outdoor patio and garden make for great pictures! The staff is AMAZING. Greg Jr. was always available to help with any questions and he flexibly catered to all of our requests to make it truly our day. We were always nicely greeted by staff whenever we walked in. On our wedding day, service was impeccable! The second our limo pulled up, my husband and I were treated like royalty! They even brought food to us at cocktail hour so we could mingle with guests. Speaking of the food....it lived up to its reputation...delicious! Same goes for the cake...best I've ever had! Three weeks later our guests are still raving about it, as well as the food! Overall, il Tulipano makes the planning easy (as easy as it can be!) and your reception perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2012

Jeannine · Married on 07/06/2012

i've been to over 20 venues in my lifetime .,but il tulipano is by far the most elegant and the service is outstanding.They do only one wedding which makes th service impeccable.they are fully staffed and the outside gardens are fabulous..You will not be disappointed...

Sent on 07/17/2012

Jeannine · Married on 06/02/2012

I don't have one negative thing to say about il Tulipano. I had my wedding there on June 2, 2012. Every single thing was absolutely perfect. The place its self was immaculate. The gardens in the back were breath taking. They catered to every single wants and need of mine and my husband. They staff was there for us every step of the way and aimed to please us and they did! If I could give them an actual star rating of my own it would be 100. The food, oh my goodness, the food was fantastic. My guest are STILL talking about how delicious everything was. The cocktail hour was amazing, dinner was amazing, and the viennese hour was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to celebrate the most important day of our lives. Thank you all, especially Greg Jr., for all of your hard work and care for our wedding. Expect to see us in the future. We love you guys!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2012

We had our wedding reception at Il Tulipano on May 19, 2012, and everything was ABSOLUTELY perfect!!!!!! We can't thank Donald, Jason, and the whole staff enough for making sure literally every stop of the way was flawless. I would recommend Il Tulipano to anyone.
    A few things that made it stick out to me in our wedding venue search (and it was EXTENSIVE!) - the food at Il Tulipano was notoriously awesome, there was tons of food from the cocktail hour to the venetian hour - our guests were amazed, and it was all delicious. The outside piazza was lovely, so nice to be able to go outside during the cocktail hour and a great place for photos. There was enough seating for everyone of our guests during cocktail hour - I hate the awkwardness of walking around trying to hold everything during cocktail hour, and very few venues offer this. I really liked that we had the whole venue to ourselves - it really made our event feel special. They are constantly updating and making sure everything is pristine. Also, I had a bridal attendant from the moment I stepped out of the car, and she bustled me and got us plates of food from the cocktail hour and venetian hour and made sure we ate, she also made sure everything flowed perfectly, and was there to deal with any issue that came up so my parents or I didn't have to.
    Overall - I wholeheartedly recommend :)

Sent on 07/19/2012

Jennifer A. · Married on 05/05/2012

There is not enough that I can say about our experience at Il Tulipano...from start to finish! From the moment we decided to have our wedding at this venue, it became the only aspect that I never needed to worry about. The staff is accommodating, professional, helpful and above else, interested in creating the perfect wedding memories. Greg Jr. was reassuring, capable, helpful and accommodating to my many requests and questions. Carol was truly a life saver and at times I think she could even read my mind anticipating what I needed. I can't say enough about the staff!
    Since it was our second wedding, we decided to go with a full cocktail/buffet style wedding and have received nothing but raves from family and friends. Comments from the beautiful outdoor ceremony to the delicacies for both dinner and dessert have been forthcoming ever since! cinco de mayo will never be the same as the one we celebrated here!!! Thank you for the greatest wedding memories!

Sent on 05/07/2012
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/20/2012

il Tulipano helped us achieve our dream wedding! Vincent was fantastic and helped my dream wedding become a reality! Still two weeks later family and friends are commenting how wonderful our wedding was. Many guests commented that our red velvet wedding cake was the best wedding cake they have ever had! Cocktail hour impressed our guests as did the main course! The food was incredible and the professionalism and care shown by Vincent and the rest of the staff at il Tulipano was outstanding. I would highly recommend this venue to host your dream wedding. I had many personalized items that I had made and they made sure that every item was how I wanted it. il Tulipano, Thank you for helping make our wedding unforgettable!!!
    Melissa and Patrick