il Tulipano Reviews

151 | Cedar Grove, NJ

151 Reviews for il Tulipano

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2017

Where can I possibly begin?! Il Tulipano was the perfect wedding venue for my husband and I. From the very first time I walked in I could imagine having our wedding there. The grounds and ballroom are so beautiful. But most importantly the food was amazing !! We worked with Chris and to be honest his down to earth personality had sealed the deal with us. He answered every question I had and was always available to us. I can't express how much we appreciated the staff especially our maitre d as well. ALL OF OUR DREAMS CAME TRUE. IL Tulipano was a perfect choice !!!!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Deana · Married on 06/30/2017

Everything from start to finish was wonderful! The staff, including Chris and Donald catered to my every need. Guests are still talking about the cocktail hour, dinner, and Viennese hour. It was amazing! The beautiful terrace made my pictures even more beautiful, and having the outside available for guests to enjoy cocktail hour made the night even more enjoyable. Also, I cannot forget about my cake that was custom made by the pastry chef, it was exactly what I wanted! I cant say enough about Il Tulipano, and how they helped make my wedding one of the best days of my life!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Anthony · Married on 05/20/2017

Throughout all the potential issues and pitfalls of our wedding planning, we never had a single doubt that Chris from il Tulipano would make sure absolutely every detail was perfect. True to his word, our night was incredible. The space was beautiful and our guests are STILL talking about the food. We never wanted for anything during the night. It's the best decision we made!
    -Anthony and Erin 5/20/2017

Sent on 06/10/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

I honestly can't say enough about il Tulipano. Just that we knew this venue was perfect and the place we wanted to get married. Chris was awesome to work with during the process and made sure that anything and everything was just perfect. Our wedding consultants were fabulous and made us feel so comfortable that day. The food was out of this world and all of our guest complemented on it all night long! The martini bar was a hit even for an 11:30-5pm wedding. The venease hour was so much fun especially for the kids. If I could do it again we would book again. Our guests were so pleased and so were we. Thank you Chris and il tulipano again for such an amazing day that will never be forgotten.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Nancy · Married on 04/29/2017

My son and daughter-in-law just had their wedding reception here and it was fantastic! The food at the cocktail hour included everything that you could possibly imagine and was so delicious.The weather was nice, so many of the guests were out on the patio.
    The reception upstairs was wonderful. Veronica, the bridal attendant, was amazing and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I personally had the filet mignon and it was to die for. Really, every aspect of the evening was exceptional. Everyone at the reception thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
    I also have to mention that the bride and groom live out of state and Donald from Il Tulipano made making the arrangements so easy. He made sure that he was available to meet with them on the occasions that they came East and was also willing to make decisions over the phone.
    I highly recommend Il Tulipano.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2017

Il Tulipano was the second venue we visited out of 10 and I knew we would be back. From when we first met with Chris I knew it would be a smooth process and he would be on top of everything. Our wedding day was everything we imagined it would be! From perfect weather to perfect service it was great! Chris was so helpful with everything and so were our maître d and bridal attendant... they kept us moving and made sure we ate! Everyone is still raving about the food and most people were from Staten Island and Brooklyn where they are used to great Italian food!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Jamie · Married on 12/31/2016

Booking Il Tulipano was the best decision we ever made. After going to several venues we met with Donald and knew without a doubt that we needed to book. Everything you could want in a wedding is included in the price they quote you. From the minute we booked, all their staff was extremely accommodating and passionate about their work. Donald would answer all e-mails at any time of the day and made you feel completely comfortable. Chris and staff made our NYE wedding exactly what we pictured. Every single one of our guests was amazed with the amount of food and how it tasted. They truly put personal touches into everything. The chef, Mario, is outstanding and he makes sure everything is perfect! Our bridal attendant, Veronica, was extremely attentive and made the day easy for us. You will not regret booking with Il Tulipano, they truly gave us the best day of our lives!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Jess · Married on 11/19/2016

It has been a week and my family and friends are still talking about this gorgeous venue, the amount of food and how good it was, and how intimate it felt because it was only one wedding at a time. From the moment we booked, Chris worked hard to make our dream wedding come to life including changing the menu up to include food from our Polish culture. The bridal attendant that I had day of was a lifesaver especially when a guest popped one of my buttons by stepping on my train during a dance. She was next to me within seconds with safety pins. Everything was incredible and I could not be a happier bride.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Alexandra · Married on 11/12/2016

From start to finish Il Tulipano made our 11/12/16 wedding spectacular. From our first meeting to picking up my stuff the morning after, they we're truely top notch. Chris and Greg always went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted to make our day perfect, and I have to say it was flawless. My bridal assistant Veronica was behind me every step of the way and went above and beyond all my expectations. The food from the cocktail hour to the Viennese hour was outstanding. There was not a single person that left hungry and no one had anything but amazing things to say about it all. Any requests or concerns they we're able to accommodate immediately and communication was always key- I never had to chase anyone down when I had a question or concern during the planning process. The staff worked flawlessly to keep everything moving the way it needed to be. The staff at Il Tulipano really puts the bride and groom first and does not go through the motions as if its "just another wedding".

Thank you Il Tulipano for making everything about our day perfect!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Katie · Married on 10/28/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about il Tulipano. Our wedding consultant was Jessi and she made us feel comfortable from the day we met her!! After our initial meeting with her, We walked out of our appointment knowing that il Tulipano was the place we wanted to get married! Jessi made sure our night was perfect!! Chris was also extremely helpful and great to work with!!

What I loved about the venue was that there is one wedding at a time, the incredible food and beautiful outdoor and indoor space!! We got married at the end of October and we opted to have our ceremony outdoors despite the cooler temps (if you choose indoors, the space is very nice as well!). The outdoor piazza and mums all around were absolutely perfect! The food....what can I say....AWESOME!! Our guests are still raving about the quantity and quality of the food!! Nobody went home hungry. The Viennese room was a huge hit with people going back for seconds and thirds!!

Special thanks to Carol and Thea, both whom were so incredibly amazing that I can't stop telling people about them both! They made sure that my husband and I got what we needed, were where we needed to be, ate, had drinks and most importantly that we were enjoying our night!! From the minute I arrived until the minute I left, I knew with those two that nothing would go wrong!! All the staff were such a pleasure to work with throughout our entire planning process and our wedding night, no question or request was too big or too small.

Our family and friends are still talking about our wedding and how wonderful and how much fun everything was the entire night!!! We thank il Tulipano for helping to make our night perfect and one we will remember forever!!!! My advice...if you are considering choosing it for your venue.....DO IT!!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Jenn · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't not say enough wonderful things about Il Tulipano! We just had our wedding there this past weekend and it was spectacular. Donald helped us through the whole process. The food was excellent , the staff was speedy and everyone had a great time. We are all still getting phone calls about how great of a time our guests had! Our bridal attendant went above our expectations and we never wanted for anything! We would love to book another even here or be invited to one just to enjoy it all over again!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Ashlee · Married on 09/18/2016

Il Tulipano was by far the best decision we have ever made! We had our wedding there on 9/18/16 and they blew us away! Donald Longo was our coordinator, he helped us every step of the way and was so caring. The food was excellent! Every time we mentioned our wedding was going to be at Tulipano's we always heard that the food was great but we never excepted what they delivered... it was amazing! From the cocktail displays to the sit down.. absolutely fantastic!! The staff was kind and professional they did a wonderful job catering to us and our guests. I must have heard "Best Wedding" about 20 times in the last 3 weeks from our family and friends. Even our bridal attendant, Sundea and our maître d', Carol were extraordinary!! We cannot thank Il Tulipano enough for providing us with the most amazing night of our new lives together!! I highly highly highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Giovanna A. · Married on 08/19/2016

We had our wedding reception at il Tulipano two weeks ago and we were completely blown away!! We saw an ad in a magazine for il Tulipano and the Italian charm caught my eye, being from a large Italian family. My husband was skeptical based on the ad, but when we went to the venue to see it, we both fell in love with it. Chris Ryter was great throughout the whole process. He answered my daily e-mails and truly cared about giving us the best experience possible. Il Tulipano is a one wedding at a time venue, which was important to us. We had the entire premises to ourselves!! Our guests are still raving about our wedding. The food was incredible and bountiful, and the staff treated us like royalty. I had a bridal attendant who attended to our every need, which was incredibly helpful. We could not have asked for a better reception! We highly recommend il Tulipano!!

Sent on 09/03/2016

L · Married on 08/07/2016

Simply the Best!! When I started our wedding research a year ago, Il Tulipano was the first wedding venue that I looked at and nothing else compared. I could not have been more pleased with the way that our special day turned out and we have the excellent staff at Il Tulipano to thank for that. We worked closely with Chris and from the moment the planning process began, he was honest, upfront, and extremely meticulous about meeting our needs. His assurance and dedication to providing quality service made me feel confident and allowed me to trust that my most important day would turn out to be a success, and it was just that…The best day of my life! My bridal attendant, Sunday greeted me as soon as I got off our party bus and stayed by my side the entire night assisting me with everything and anything I needed (i.e., she even changed my shoes). The grounds were immaculate and the perfect setting for the most breathe taking wedding photographs. Now as an Italian-American Jersey girl marrying a Portuguese man the most important aspect besides our loved ones at a wedding is FOOD. Let me tell you Il Tulipano, did not disappoint. Our family and friends are still raving about the abundance of food displayed at the cocktail hour and Viennese hour. Also, I used many of Il Tulipano’s preferred vendors (e.g., Gabelli Studio; ESP Entertainment; and Hampton Inn) who will equally get rave reviews from us as they all helped to create our most perfect day. If you haven’t decided on a wedding venue or are looking for the full package: a privately owned venue, dedicated to the highest quality of hospitality (One wedding a night) and offering the best array of food…Then this is the spot for you. It was the perfect decision for us, and it turned out to be a dream come true!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lusi · Married on 07/31/2016

My husband and i got married at il Tulipano on July 31, 2016. I could not tell how much compliments we got from our guests on food and service. Everything was so great. As soon as I walked in from the door on the day of my wedding everyone was extra helpful especially my bridal attendant Sunday , She was amazing whenever i turned my back she was there. When my feet hurt she brought me flip flops, she made sure i tasted every food that was available my husband and i did not even have to go to the bar whenever our drinks were low Sunday was there to get them refilled. Service was basically amazing. I recommend il Tulipano to everyone who is in need of a place to have their reception. Also , if you are big with wedding pictures as well this place have picture perfect outdoors. Our pictures came out amazing with all the flowers in the background.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2016

We got married there July 2016 and every little detail was incredible. It was more than we ever could have imagined. The whole process was a pleasure, very unstressful, they walk you through everything. The staff is wonderful and super attentive and friendly and the food is delicious. I have never been to a wedding with food as good. The dessert hour was over the top, it had anything you could think of. Our whole experience with Greg and his team made our wedding the most incredible day ever.

Sent on 08/04/2016
  • Belinda

Belinda · Married on 06/17/2016

il Tulipano is by far one of the best places to have your wedding!!! We had our ceremony in the garden and it was stunning. The flowers had bloomed around the garden and were draped over the arch, which ended up looking perfect in our wedding photos. The reception was to follow and it was out of this world! They set up everything just how we had imagined. The food was amazing! All of our guest were blown away and were complimenting us the whole night on the venue. We were in awe. Althea assisted me the entire night and she was a doll. She made sure I had everything I needed and ensured that the ceremony went smoothly. Jessi was our assistant when it came time to plan our wedding she listened to all of our ideas and was so easy to talk to because of her outgoing and bubbly personality. She explained everything to us and made sure we didnt have any questions. We could not have chosen a better place for our wedding. We were married in June and now two months laters, people are still telling us we had one of the best weddings and they absolutely loved all of the food. I cant wait to have an anniversary party there so we can do it again! LOL I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a wedding or even a sweet sixteen. They deserve every star possible! Thank you so much to il Tulipano and there team for making our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 08/25/2016

You can't go wrong at il Tulipano! The food is AMAZING! The staff is also very dedicated to making your day stress free. We had a blast at our wedding because of the food and the staff. They go over everything with you about a week before which is great because then the week leading up to your wedding you don't have anything to worry about because it's all done! Did I mention how amazing the food is there? So good!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

The place is absolutely beautiful, breathtaking! Everyone who works there is very nice and helpful. There is not one thing that I don't like. Jessie has been helping my fiancé and I and she is so helpful, very mindful, she takes he time to make sure we are alright and she knows her stuff! She knows every detail and pays close attention! The whole place and everything about it is amazing and worth it!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/24/2016

I don't even know where to begin- from the second we walked into Il Tulipano to see the venue- the people there went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable- we worked closely with Chris and he was truly amazing- we had an absolutely perfect wedding day from start to finish because of everyone at this venue- they went above and beyond- the food was amazing, the rooms were beautiful, and everyone who attended our wedding had nothing but amazing things to say! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Bernard · Married on 02/26/2016

I cannot be happier with the food, location and service IL Tulipano provided, truly the best in this area. People are still talking about our wedding on 2/26/ 16. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Kelsey · Married on 12/31/2015

My wedding day was perfect. Food is amazing, service is outstanding! Anything I needed was taken care of immediately.

Sent on 01/19/2016
  • F

Francesca · Married on 12/05/2015

Unbelievable! Delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, wonderful staff. I have a big Italian family (some actually grew up in Italy), and EVERYONE loved the food. The grounds and actual catering hall were gorgeous. Ste staff there was more than helpful. They were amazing.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Trisha · Married on 09/12/2015

I could not be happier that we chose Il Tulipano as our wedding venue. My wedding was absolutely amazing and I loved my experience with Il Tulipano. The entire process was fantastic. Chris made the process smooth and effortless. He knew exactly how to deal with an extremely nervous bride and was always responsive to any questions or concerns. Chris, Jessie, and Donald were all wonderful, gave me guidance, and made me feel like they had everything under control. The day of our wedding everything went perfectly. Even when clouds started to roll in, they were prepared to start my outdoor ceremony 15 minutes early to beat the rain. It was also no problem or extra cost when they had to start my cocktail hour 20 minutes earlier then expected. Thea and Carol were truly great. No matter what we needed they were there. From helping me get dressed, to having our favorite foods already on our table during the cocktail hour, to reminding me to eat...I could honestly go on and on about how fantastic our day was made by the team at Il Tulipano. Our guests were raving over the food. We saw a friend a week later and he said he was still full from our cocktail hour. My husband and I are blessed to have had such a beautiful wedding made special by this unbelievable team. So many family and friends have told us that it was the best wedding reception they had ever attended. The food was so delicious. The dessert hour was so incredible I didn't know where to look first. Also, the pastry chef made our wedding cake exactly how I pictured it. It was not only beautiful, it tasted amazing. Their attention to detail and their charming demeanors are wonderful examples of why the staff at Il Tulipano is so impressive. We truly loved our day and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Trisha and Wayne Bishop

Sent on 10/03/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2015

My husband and I couldn't be happier that we choose Il Tulipano as our wedding venue! Greg took over as our point of contact (after I had a little mini panic attack after learning our original coordinator was no longer with the venue) and was amazing, hands on and helpful throughout every appointment and follow up. Everything from the ceremony down to the Viennese hour was perfect! The cocktail hour was above and beyond expectations with so much food and drinks. The food all night was beyond amazing! Our guests are still raving about the food and the venue. All the staff were very helpful and did a great job. My two bridal attendants were such angels, helping me throughout the night with my every need and being so wonderful. We had such an amazing wedding and could not thank Greg and his staff enough! We would highly recommend Il Tulipano to anyone planning a wedding!!!

Sent on 11/20/2015