71 Reviews for IK Catering

Cash Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Chairs (1)

I seriously wish I could've used Brian as a caterer and vendor. He was professional, kind, funny and extremely accomodating. I refer anyone I can his way!

Profile Picture Saran, 5/20/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, Chairs, Tables, American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Set Up

IK Catering is a company that's truly focused on the bride, the groom, and their families happiness on one of the most important days of their lives. I worked with IK Catering for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception dinner and the food, the staff, and the experience was top notch. We have several guests come up to us mid-wedding to rave about the food, and Carlton and his team were of superior professionalism and definitely answered the call. Would highly recommend them, and I'll be keeping them in mind for any future events.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Southern, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Nut Free, Vegan, Clean Up, Set Up

I cannot articulate the amazingness of Carlton and Brian here at IK. They swiftly answered any questions I had and provided solutions to any natural road bump that appeared. As a bride, I had ZERO stress come from them. Their brunch menu, which I chose for my wedding, was flawless. The individually made omelet station with garnishes galore, the fried chicken and waffle station, endless fruits and cheeses, yogurt and granola parfaits, mini quiche sliders, champagne with all the juices you can imagine and of course, bacon, bacon, bacon. I was sold at the tasting. We never even ventured to try another catering company because IK, their food, their staff was 100% since the first minute. I mean, even the tasting was an elaborate presentation that set the bar high and it never dropped. It stayed high, in terms of taste and professionalism. They were priced very affordably, especially since they worked in conjunction with the wedding venue I'd chosen. If they do THIS good with a big event like a wedding, I'm sure their smaller parties and events are amazing, too. They're organized, communicative, happy people. If you don't choose here, you're going to be disappointed anywhere else you go.

Profile Picture Felina, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We catered our food for our wedding with IK Catering. Brian and Carlton personally saw to the success of our event every step of the way. The food was delicious and their team was professional, fun and organized. Our guests raved about the food, and they offer packages for all budgets! Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/17, 1 Review
1.8

We hired IK catering for our wedding and they were the only vendor we regretted hiring. They came recommended by our venue and had fantastic reviews online. I remember being concerned when we first set up the initial tasting with them because of their lack of responsiveness. We brought up our concern and Brian said he had just lost his secretary, then assured us it wouldn't be a further problem. Brian and Carlton are very kind and the food is good, especially for the price. However, there were a few times prior to the wedding that it took them a while to get back to us. We wanted to add something to our contract prior to the "last day to make changes," but never heard back from them to give them the payment info. On our wedding day there was a HUGE mistake: they ran out of alcohol. Brian was supposed to attend our event (we confirmed it the week prior), but Carlton came instead. Brian had always handled our contract since day one; there was a lapse in communication about the "unlimited beer/wine" for 5 hours. They ran out of white wine during cocktail hour, then they ran out of everything. Carlton sent people out to go get more, they ran out of everything again by 8:30 PM. I asked why they weren't serving since we were supposed to have an unlimited bar until 9:45, he apologized saying he already sent someone out once. He later admitted that the contract wasn't looked at closely enough. They were very kind, apologizing for their mistake and assured the refund would be in the mail the following Monday. However, after many follow up emails and calls I FINALLY received the refund a month and a half later. Their lack of responsiveness and lack of making this a priority was very disheartening. They are in the process of opening their own business and seem to be distracted by this, as it was admitted in an email that they hope things settle down there soon so they can get back to normal business. I hope this was a fluke experience, but be wary.

Profile Picture Kelsi, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

IK Catering was a pleasure to have as our food vendor at our wedding. We had an extensive enjoyable tasting prior to our wedding and the experience we had at our wedding exceeded the expectations we had. Our food was delicious and there was more then enough food and drinks for our guests. We were unable to stick to our original timeline of the wedding and they were flexible and supportive throughout the entire night. Brian Thompson and his team even stepped up to support my family in cleaning up after the event.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

I.K. Catering catered my daughter's rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding reception, and the food was fantastic! We received so many compliments, the BBQ, corn bread and bourbon chicken were amazing! Brian Thompson was wonderful to work with, making time to meet with us during the busy Christmas season. The tasting presentation sold us, so many delicious choices. His staff was professional, accommodating and very efficient. I would highly recommend I. K. Catering!

Profile Picture Marybeth, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

IK Catering was a great decision for us!

They went out of their way to make our rehersal dinner & reception a great event. Everyone has been raving about their food and I couldn't be happier with their service. They helped us pack up after the reception so everyone could leave the venue quickly and continue the party back at the hotel.

Carlton was our on-site coordinator and him & his staff were wonderful!

I would recommend IK Catering to anyone looking for catering services

Profile Picture warren, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Southwestern, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

We used IK Catering for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. I knew when we went in for our taste test that Brian would be awesome to work with. The food for both evenings was absolutely delicious. All of our guests raved about the food! Not only is the food delicious, Brian's staff is very cheerful, helpful, and attentive. Staff members were checking on us regularly to see how everything was and if we needed anything. I would highly recommend IK Catering if you need a caterer for any event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Do not think twice!!! Hire Brian and IK Catering. They catered my rehearsal dinner AND my son's wedding the next day. Everything was PERFECT. The food was fabulous, servers always smiled and were professional, and Brian accommodated my gluten free guests without hesitation. This is the best in Richmond so look no further!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free

Our daughter was married last weekend and Brian and staff from IK Catering handled our Rehearsal Dinner and wedding reception. The presentation was absolutely beautiful and the food was unbelievable. The servers were very attentive to our needs and very friendly Never have I heard so many positive comments from guests attending the events. If you choose Brian and the staff at IK Catering, relax and enjoy your event!

Profile Picture Terry, 6/25/16, 1 Review

Dear Carlton & Staff,
We wanted to express our upmost appreciation for everything you did to help plan and make our wedding day so special!!! You were an absolute joy to work with. After having met with several other potential caterers, our first meeting with you set the tone for what a caterer should truly be! Your hospitality, generosity and attention to detail were remarkable! You were very patient and accommodating with us throughout the planning process. You, without a doubt, went out of your way to exceed all of our expectations. Your management of the “day of” was outstanding! Your staff was amazingly warm, friendly and attentive, making sure each of our guests felt welcome and well cared for! The food … not to mention the food … all we can say is WOW!! Everything was absolutely amazing, from the divine crab dip and shrimp appetizers to the beef tenderloin and chicken entrees and sides. When looking back on the day, our family and friends continue to rave about you, your staff and how “off the charts” exceptional the food was! Many have said it was “the party of the year”, and that of course, is greatly in part due to IK Catering. We couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out and we are beyond pleased that we chose you to partner with for our special day!! We will be keeping you in mind for any upcoming events, and highly recommending you to everyone we know in search of a phenomenal caterer.
With our deep appreciation,
Keri & Ty

Profile Picture Keri, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved IK! They catered an amazing BBQ meal for our wedding. It feels great to have your guests tell you repeatedly that the food at your wedding was delicious. Brian and his staff were so nice and friendly to all our guests. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

You can't go wrong with choosing IK Catering! We were totally impressed and so thrilled with the food and presentation -- family and friends are still telling us weeks after the wedding how wonderful the food was. One comment came from a groomsman who DJs weddings and so has tasted a lot of wedding food. He said it was the best he'd ever had. From the tasting (only difficult part was deciding what to choose from all of the delicious items) to the food packaged up for the bride and groom after the reception, it was a wonderful experience. They were on the preferred vendor list for our venue, Fairview Farm, and I'm so glad; we might not have known about them otherwise and would have missed out on this incredible vendor. The pricing was great. We always felt valued as a customer, and they worked with us to get everything just how we wanted it. We went with a buffet menu of barbecue, grilled chicken, and a mac 'n' cheese bar, along with many other delicious items. I'm wishing I had another event coming up soon so I could have them cater that too! The day of the wedding, Carlton was in charge of things at the event, and we were in good hands. Everything turned out perfectly! Brian and Carlton--thank you so much for everything!!

Profile Picture User6776600, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Nothing but great things to say! The food was incredible, and the place settings were beautiful. Our open bar was also through them, and we really enjoyed their quality and professionalism. Such a great company to work with! !

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our food was amazing and was a huge hit with our guests! The staff was also very professional and very helpful! I was very pleased with IK!

Profile Picture Rebekah, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Tastings, Bartender(s), Liquor License

We used IK Catering for both our Wedding Party Dinner and for our wedding reception. We were pleased with the services during both events. Our wedding party was placed in a private room during dinner and were provided with great service and sooooooo much food but not to worry because everyone was given takeout trays for leftovers. It was important to incorporate family foods during our cocktail hour after the ceremony and Brian let us know that we could drop the foods off and they would transport them to the venue the day of the wedding giving us one less thing to worry about. Sheila, Carlton and Brian had no issues with changes even those that were last minute and made great efforts to assist in providing all that we wanted. Everyone enjoyed the food and our signature drinks were made just how we want them. I can't wait to visit the restaurant for some Calamari, its amazing! Great service and affordable!

Profile Picture Tiffini, 9/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Family Style, Plated, American, Italian, Southern, No Pork, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Food was great and they were so easy to work with. Sheila was in charge of my wedding and she was a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Knowing Brian (the head of IK Catering) personally, I trusted him fully with my wedding food, and I was not let down. I didn’t think it possible to think more highly of Brian, but after my wedding, words cannot express how much I appreciated all he did. He went above and beyond to make our wedding experience the absolute best, far beyond the delicious food. Brian made the menu selection extremely easy, suggested things we hadn’t thought of to go with our theme, and even created things he had never made before just because I mentioned them (like our mouth-watering fried green tomato BLT sliders). At our tasting, he allowed 6 people to come with us, bringing everything on our extensive menu out one-by-one. He helped us stylize a southern menu with beef brisket, pork tenderloin, A MAC AND CHEESE BAR with different toppings, sweet cornbread, and much more. He stocked the bar with our selection of beers and wines, but even had a few extra types of beer much to our surprise to help us please all of our guests. I looked over at the buffet line during one of the dances, and almost cried at how beautiful he made all the signs and tables look to match our colors. On top of all this, the staff was always polite, extremely helpful, and so congratulatory. Brian came over to check on us so many times, serving us our plates with all of our favorites. He even brought a basket of my favorite sliders over to me so he was sure they didn’t all disappear before I had the chance to eat them. When we got in the get-away car, my husband’s favorite fried raviolis were sitting there waiting for him. He had also packed many to-go containers for us to munch on later that night, and when I went to my mother’s the next day, so much more food had been given to her at the end of the night to continue to feed guests and family from out of town. Brian is such a professional business owner, and an even kinder and sweeter soul! We are blessed to have had him as a caterer and to call him our friend.

Profile Picture Audra, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

IK Catering was absolutely amazing for our wedding. We received so many compliments on the food, some said it was the best wedding dinner they had ever had. Brian and his staff went above and beyond during our reception, taking on tasks that weren't their responsibility at all, such as picking up trash outside of the tent. They were all so kind and helpful to all of our guests and to my husband and I. I would honestly say this was our favorite wedding vendor. I would recommend IK catering to anyone. The prices are good and they are very flexible. Brian did everything I asked for and more. Thank you IK!

Profile Picture Hayley, 6/27/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

IK Catering is by far one of the best catering services in the Richmond area! From the minute that you meet with the IK Staff, Brian, or Sheila you will understand the meaning of excellent service! They went out of their way to really make our day special! From helping design the menu of our rehearsal dinner to our wedding night the entire experience was fantastic. The only thing I would do different is get Brian to open a restaurant in Richmond that serves the great food that he caters! All of the guests were very complimentary of the food and service as well! If I could make a recommendation, go with the sausage dip as an app during photos... But double to quantity on this dish because it is amazing and goes quick!

Profile Picture User5477650, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Once we locked down our venue, I.K. was our next stop on the vendor list. We had NO idea what we wanted for food and were struggling with where to begin, so Sheila helped us narrow some choices in our initial meeting. I knew I had picked the right vendor when they pointed out the cost-effectiveness of purchasing our own alcohol-most other vendors would have pushed for the opposite citing convenience. My mom, sister (MOH), and -then- fiance and I were able to do a tasting of our menu before deciding for certain whether we wanted to proceed and were thoroughly impressed. Brian and Sheila continued to be on the ball when another set of family members wanted to add more food on a separate contract, and continually updated information for me as I sent them new guest counts and wishes leading up to the big day. We knew we didn't want a cake, so Brian worked with me on a way to store and serve sorbet from Cold Stone. Ironically, we had both thought about serving the scoops in martini glasses for some added glam, and it was a HUGE hit alongside the candy bar and homemade Italian Wedding cookies made by the groom's mom and aunts. On top of the great tasting food, the service was above and beyond. I commented on my way into the venue that I wished I had a glass of champagne to calm my nerves, and the moment I walked in the door Brian had evidentially read my mind and was ready, flute in hand. My entire wedding party/parents were thankful for the same service. He checked in with us at our sweet-heart table and kept our glasses full, and when I realized we were having way to much fun dancing and had almost missed the sorbet, Brian delivered some to us. He even passed off a to-go bag full of food on our way out. Our guests were equally impressed and we are thrilled so have worked with such a quality vendor to help make our big day special!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/6/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

When I contacted Sheila, she asked me some questions and then used those answers to create a proposal. Once we set up an appointment, she asked me what my colors were and when we arrived the restaurant had a special table set up according the the theme and colors of my wedding!! It was gorgeous!! She is even providing all the linens that she used that night for the food tables. The food was amazing!! We wanted a pasta bar/Italian food themed reception. We were able to try different types of pasta and 5 different sauces. She served a full meal for us to taste test. Sheila is very professional, but easy going. She was so helpful and flexible. We were able to keep around our budget of $10/person.

Profile Picture User4428114, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Love Brian and IK Catering- they are catering our wedding reception this May and cant be more excited! They are a professional team & works with you on the menu and offers great advice. My advice is to try their crab dip...it is delicious!!

Profile Picture Bethany, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I highly recommend hiring IK Catering for a wedding rehearsal dinner and/or reception. The food quality is top notch and the staff is so friendly and attentive. Their service is impeccable. The manager is always on site to oversee his staff. They are very easy to work with during the menu planning phase, which eliminates a lot of stress that typically comes with planning a wedding. They are worth every penny and more that you spend for their service.

Profile Picture Lena, 3/21/15, 3 Reviews