Icona Avalon Reviews

Icona Avalon 6
Icona Avalon 7

Danielle O'Neill · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful Venue with Great Service & Food

I had my wedding at the ICONA Avalon this past March and everything was exceptional. The service and responsiveness from the employees, especially Alyssa (DOS) & Ashley (Wedding Planner) was great. The quality of food, decor, accommodations, etc. were wonderful. They even renovated the outside patio to make it enclosed which was great because our wedding was in March and guests could enjoy the outside atmosphere for cocktail hour without being outside. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Lisa · Married on 07/14/2018

We are stil early in the planning phase but they have been nothing but accommodating and informative and are helping us make our dream wedding a reality :)

Sent on 03/10/2017

Anna · Married on 11/11/2017

We had our wedding on 11-11-17 at 1130am at the Golden INN . We planned our wedding through emails and phone calls due to we live in Tampa , Fl and wanted to have our wedding close to our family in New Jersey. So Avalon was perfect and the Golden INN even more perfect. Staff and location was on point . Communicating was easy and reliable from afar no matter what time of day. I would get emails back at all hours of the night it seemed like. I was impressed. The day of our wedding it was seamless. Food was great. Decorations perfect. Entertainment was contagious . Our guest were having a blast and so were we. Thank you for helping us make our memories so beautiful .

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Icona Avalon 15
    Icona Avalon 16
    Icona Avalon 17

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2017

My husband Owen and I got married on September 17, 2017. I have to say hands down the best wedding ever! The staff was absolutely amazing and Alyssa Jones and Pattie Stites made our dream wedding come true! Everyone was super friendly and bent over backwards to make sure that we were comfortable and had everything that we needed. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have the most amazing wedding!!! Thank you all so much and it was a pleasure meeting you all!! I will be recommending this venue to anyone who wants the best of the best for there special day! Thanks again Alyssa and Patti!!! - Jenny and Owen

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Icona Avalon 18
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 05/20/2017

Alyssa & Elizabeth were both amazing to work with! Our event went off so effortlessly! Our guests were raving about the food, cocktails, and atmosphere ever since the wedding on 5/20/17. We we're so happy we choose The Golden Inn! We even had our after party in the back beach bar with the fire pits, everything went so perfectly! I would highly recommend this venue to future couples!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Chrissy · Married on 05/13/2017

I can't speak highly enough of everyone at Icona Golden Inn! Our wedding was just incredible, despite the rain plan we needed to put into play. We haven't stopped hearing rave reviews from our guests about the food, service and newly renovated surroundings! Everyone has been asking us if we can do it all over again!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Kerry · Married on 09/27/2014

The Golden Inn was a great hotel for our family and friends to stay at for our wedding. They were so accommodating and took care of everyone. The food, service, and views were great. Jen, our wedding coordinator was so professional, easy to work with, and helpful. She made our day perfect. All of our family and friends raved about the wedding and hotel. We had the time of our lives here.

Sent on 10/29/2014

marsha · Married on 09/20/2014

The food was excellent! Jen Quiq, our wedding coordinator set up everything the way we wanted, she was always there when we needed her, any questions, phone calls and emails were always taken care of. most importantly, the whole weekend was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/29/2014

I loved my venue! Perfect setting for my dream beach wedding! The venue is beautiful to start! Jenn, wedding coordinator, was perfect, she even found my lost grand mom who go on a bus and went to a different wedding. She took care of everything, I never had a worry. All my guests commented on how pleasant and polite every staff member was! Even the girl that helped me prepare was awesome and helped me prepare for the beach audience I did not expect. Awesome experience!!!! Thank you everyone at the Golden Inn!!!! You made all my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2013

We stayed here for our wedding and also held our rehearsal dinner here. The service was amazing and the staff was very attentive! I cannot wait to vacation there again

Sent on 05/25/2013

Kristina · Married on 07/16/2011

Mike did an amazing job organizing and coordinating our wedding. The ceremony site was beautiful and everything turned out perfect! Thanks!

Sent on 08/06/2011

jennifer · Married on 08/08/2009

We recently had our wedding here at The Golden Inn and everything was fabulous.The wedding manager (Ron),was very helpful in planning our wedding. He was with us every step of the way and made sure everything ran smoothly. He provided us with names of great vendors he works with and they truly made our day perfect. The food was delicious.Our seashell cake was beautiful.Our flowers from Coventry Crossing Florist were spectacular and made the day. I would recommend this to everyone who is planning a wedding in South Jersey and wants to have their wedding on the beach.We plan on going back on our First Anniversary.

Sent on 10/19/2009
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience!

Great experience. We had a great experience working with Avalon. They were extremely helpful throughout the process. They were receptive to any concerns we had and answered all questions. It is expensive but competitive for the area and the most beautiful site in my opinion. Our guests had a great experience and had nothing but positive things to say.

The only issue we had was getting rooms booked for guests and the overall cost of the rooms— some had to call back several times during the off season, possibly because there is not as much staff there at reception answering phones. Also it is expensive to stay there even if you are having a wedding there but again costs are comparable with other venues in the area.

Sent on 09/17/2019
    Icona Avalon 19
    Icona Avalon 20
    Icona Avalon 21

We had our ceremony out on the beach and reception inside the Sea Glass room and every single guest raved about the entire day!! The staff was easy going and professional. We had a big bridal party and a lot of guests to accommodate so the staff worked their butt off to make it as wonderful as possible. Great time and great place to have such a special day!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

The golden inn was great. We started with one planner but ended up with another. We were worried about the quality but Jen is absolutely amazing. I recommend her 100 times. Our guests loved our wedding so much that they wish we could do it again.

Sent on 09/01/2014

We did our ceremony, reception and our guests stayed here. The food was amazing and they were very accommodating and helpful. They went out of their way to make us happy. Sometimes email responses took awhile but when they responded they were always kind and courteous. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a beautiful, stress free wedding :)

Sent on 09/30/2015

We held our ceremony and reception at the Golden Inn. The ceremony was on the beach off of 78th street. The only problem we had with this is that there were sand burs all over the walkway between the dunes. People that had planned to go barefoot had to either deal with sand burs in their feet or wear their shoes. I also had to spend about 15 minutes picking all of the sand burs off of the train of my dress. But, there is not much that can be done about that: you can't control nature. Michael had set up enough chairs so that all of our guests could be seated for the ceremony and he faced them all perfectly so that the ocean was in the background, but the wind wasn't blowing at our backs. The Golden Inn also supplied us with a sound system for the ceremony music and microphone for the officiant, which helped our guests be able to hear what was being said. The cocktail hour was on the pool deck, which was awesome and you don't need to decorate your cocktail hour site because it is beautiful already by itself. I really wish I could have attended the entire cocktail hour, but we wewre getting photos taken for half it. The reception took place in the seaglass restaurant, and all the guests said that the food was awesome and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Michael worked with us on our seating arrangement because we didn't want any long tables. We wanted all 60" and 70" round tables and we wanted them set up a certain way. Michael didn't argue, he just did it. Michael was very helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. He did whatever he could do, within his power, to make us happy and make our wedding go as planned. He truly is THERE for his couples and wants to help.

Sent on 10/08/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2011

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

I used the Golden Inn for a room block for my wedding that was being held in Avalon. All my guests loved the location and everything went smoothly. We also had a breakfast in their restaurant Luigi's the day after the wedding which was great!

Sent on 10/11/2011

3.6
      3.0

We had a few communication issues in the beginning with the staff at the Golden Inn. In the end everything was worked out and the day was amazing. It rained the entire day- I still wanted to get married on the beach, Jen and her group worked with us to make sure that I was able to have the ceremony on the beach still. Our drinks were cold and the food was great. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was.

It was a great time!