Icing On The Ring Reviews

Icing On The Ring 6
Icing On The Ring 7
  • Agatha

Agatha · Married on 09/19/2009

Ravi and his family are so nice to work with. His dad talked with us about the rings we selected, didn't push us towards anything expensive and only showed us what we came in and asked to see. Their prices are higher than what you find on the internet, but having a brick and mortar store felt more secure and the service is top notch. We got a personal touch, and a guarantee that I know they will stand behind. I would recommend them to any of our friends for sure.

Sent on 09/28/2009

Tique · Married on 05/05/2012

Loved my experience getting my engagement ring here so much, went back for the bands. Had a ring and band custom-made. Vic was a doll, very attentive and no pressure. He was open to any suggestions and did his best to get us the fairest price. Wonderful professional who makes you feel like you're the only customer he has. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Wendy · Married on 10/02/2010

3.5

I abdolutely loved my experience at Icing on the Ring!! Ania the young women there was more than helpful and the PRICE for what we got... OMG! Blew where we got my engagement ring from (robbin bros). Before your fiance's ring (man or women) and are doing research, this jeweler is worth the trip! I came accross them on mailer and took a chance, drove to downtown l.a. which i hate doing, but after the trip, was totally satisfieD!!! :)

Sent on 10/21/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2008

This family owned business in LA is top notch. They designed our ring to look exactly like a very expensive designer ring and it was perfection not to mention the amazing service. When picking out your center stone, they sit down with you with your choices and look at it under all of these lights and microscopes so you are 100% comfortable with the stone you select. They are creative and artistic and we plan to use them again. Plus you can't beat their prices compared to the other stores that sell jewelry. At least stop by and meet them... you'll see how wonderful they are with zero pressure to purchase!

Sent on 04/29/2009

S. Brooks · Married on 08/18/2019

High Quality Design & Excellent Service

I'm a repeat customer because Vic and his staff provide excellent service and have a gifted eye for high quality designs. My wife is very happy with her customize wedding band and I am equally pleased with my customized ring. Thanks to Icing On The Ring for another job well done.
    Spencer Brooks

Sent on 08/28/2019

Joyce Chun · Married on 10/05/2013

Convenient, positive, value

Very positive experience! Ani was very helpful and the process was seamless!

Sent on 12/11/2018

lola · Married on 02/11/2012

No pressure, friendly staff. They have a beautiful selection and were able to rush our order. So happy with their service. We highly recommend!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Icing on the Ring has BEAUTIFUL rings and a nice selection. My hubbie and I purchased our wedding bands there. The staff is very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend! :)

Sent on 08/31/2011

Grace · Married on 05/21/2011

I got my wedding and engagement ring from icing on the ring and am very happy with both. They have good customer service but can be busy at times. They won't really negotiate prices but still get a good deal compared to most jewelers.

Sent on 07/04/2011

J · Married on 11/20/2010

Icing on the Ring is definitely the place to go for your wedding rings! I made the trip out there in Downtown LA and I'm happy I did with their great staff that made the shopping so easy. Thanks again and I highly recommended checking them out!

Sent on 12/17/2010

Mark · Married on 06/04/2017

Book and turn up early, always a great place to browse.
    A pleasure, helpful and felt as though were a long time friend. I know a friend now for a long time.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Ruby · Married on 05/29/2010

3.5

Ana and the rest of the staff were extremely informative on the type of metals we were buying. We ended up buying white gold rings, for our 15th wedding anniversary, and I love them!

Sent on 07/08/2010

3.5

We bought our wedding bands from here, wish I'd gotten my engagement ring from here. Hubby had his fully designed personally. I was looking at the exact same ring in 3 different stores, all with the same price tag, prong type, and diamond size. well, after calling corporate at all 3 stores, turns out icing on the ring had the best quality diamonds in the band, but was the same cost. And actually, I got a discount because my ring size is so small, which I did not get from Kay's for my engagement ring. There's a tall dude there, bald(ing?) who doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on in the store but seems to be the first person who reaches out whether you call over the phone or walk into the store, but our consultant (I forgot her name, I"m sorry!) was amazing! Loved her. Love their quality. My band is so sparkly, I look forward to upgrading my engagement ring band in a few years with Icing on the Ring.

Sent on 09/05/2012
  • I

Isable · Married on 04/17/2010

We got our engagement rings and I love them! It's beautiful and very reasonably priced.

Sent on 07/17/2010

Vanessa · Married on 06/02/2011

4.2

When we began looking for our bands, we had only three requirements 1) quality, 2) service and 3) price.

Shopping for bands are a piece of cake compared to searching for an engagement ring setting. When you see one one eternity band or semi band, you've seen them all. For the ladies, there's only that or a solid band to choose from. For the guys, you're looking at either a shiny or matte finish in a variety of metals that vary in price, weight and alleged "prestige."

The most useful thing I can share with you is what I learned from Raffi at Icing on the Ring. Platinum as a ring metal is not all that. It sounds fancy and desirable, but like many 5 star restaurants and their mini-portions, it leaves a lot to be desired. Being a very soft metal, it's the quickest to scratch and dull. Per Raffi, it really only looks great when you first buy it. For men, getting a platinum band is a big no-no unless the thought of paying 30% for an inferior looking ring floats your boat, go with the white gold.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, one of the biggest flaws about IOTR (for buyers) is their reluctance to negotiate -- even a little bit. They're busy, they're hot and they know it. This is like the perfect storm for any consumer.

Even though I'm half Chinese, I was only able to haggle my way to 15% off -- a feat considering that others could not force Raffi's hand beyond the 10% mark. Though we love our bands, I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled with the customer service after they made the sale with us.

They not only failed to deliver on the promised due date, they did it in a blaze of glory. Since we ultimately got the rings that we wanted at the price we wanted, I won't go into extreme detail about how IOTR dropped the ball. I'll just say that being uber-busy has major disadvantages in terms of providing customers with an excellent customer experience. Unfortunately, we were one of the few that slipped through the cracks. I would definitely work with them again, especially since they apologized, but I'd be more cognizant about the perils of being really busy and follow up on my order sooner rather than later.

Sent on 07/13/2011

jenny · Married on 03/12/2011

3.5

I did not purchase my wedding band from this location, however they were very knowledgeable about their metals and it helped me grealty in finding my perfect band.
    I would go back or recommended to family and freinds for their service

Sent on 06/07/2011

Jonathan · Married on 01/21/2017

3.0

Vic and his team are extremely flexible in getting you what you want and need. They can create anything you want and more.

Sent on 02/27/2017

David · Married on 10/16/2010

3.4
      1.0

Icing is one of the most popular engagement ring shops in LA. We had a tough customer service experience with them, but in the end they made it right. Take our experience into account with all the other reviews and get the big picture.

We bought an engagement ring for a four-figure price, not including the diamond (which we provided). But shortly after buying and starting to wear the ring, a large stain appeared on the band. At first we figured it was just a superficial stain and didn't worry about it. But then it started to turn into a corroded patch, and then into a full-on pit in the metal.

We took the ring back and showed the problem to one of the staffers. He buffed it out once, but the chipping and pitting became obvious again just a week or two after he buffed it. We ended up with a very large and visible pit in the metal on the band, which we could see and feel.

It turns out that the alloys didn't properly mix with the gold when the ring was being made. (Most rings are 14-18 carat gold, which means they are a mix of gold and stronger metals. The metals are mixed separately for each ring, and ours just never mixed properly).

We ended up having to get the ring remade in its entirety. It took time that we never wanted to spend on it, but Vic (the owner at Icing) made it right when we brought up our concerns.

I might not go back to Icing, but from the other reviews it looks like they do well most of the time. Our experience wasn't up to standards, but Vic was willing to make it right. They seem to care about customer service in the end.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Julia · Married on 10/04/2014

3.0

They were super nice when we purchased my $18,000 engagement ring. We figured we would definitely come back to purchase my wedding band when it was time. Obviously it was a smaller purchase. Ani told my husband that she would help us out with a $150 discount off my band, but when we got there she offered $150 off HIS band only - and only if his band was over $400. I felt like they were not upfront with us, why even offer a discount if there was a string attached?

Anyways the vibe was completely different when we went in to buy the wedding band only, definitely less accommodating. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this vendor to my friends.

Sent on 10/08/2014