Icing On The Ring Reviews

Icing On The Ring 5
Icing On The Ring 6
Icing On The Ring 7
  • User2091873 · 2+ years ago

Icing on the Ring. What can I say? I feel so incredibly blessed to be living so close to such an incredible jeweler!!!

Right in our own back yard, located in the jewelry district of Downtown Los Angeles, this vendor has customers from all over the country fly in to finds that perfect ring. Celebrities proudly show their gorgeous custom made pieces on a message board in this upscale, beautifully designed, family owned and run, jewelry store. But don't let all of that fool you, This family has a ring to fit every budget, has bi-yearly sales, and will remember your names every time you walk in the front door. It's been over a year since my now husband went in to create my ring, and as of two days ago, we were both greeted with smiles, and everyone called us by our first names without having to ask us to remind them;-)

They pay incredible attention to detail. For instance, we went in this week looking for a second band for my set, and Ani, the sister of the two brothers there, and daughter to the owner, immediately noticed a tiny, tiny ship in one of the diamonds that surround my engagement band. Something I never even noticed. She quickly let us know that this diamond would be replaced without cost to us, and I left the store with sparking rings as if I'd bought them that very day.

I would never recommend another jeweler to anyone in the Los Angeles area, and even those out of state should seriously consider looking at their website and seeing for yourself how beautiful their collection is. And if they don't have a style that you want, they will create it for you! It's absolutely the loveliest place a girl could ever lay eyes on!!! Go, you won't be disappointed!

Sincerely,

David + Hope

Sent on 09/29/2012

mina · Married on 06/02/2012

I am not a jewelry type of gal, so finding the perfect wedding band for my fiancee was a daunting task at first. He gave me a general idea of what he wanted, and left the rest up to me, wanting to be surprised on our wedding day.

Icing on the ring was the first place I ventured to. My first visit was a great experience and Ani was very helpful and knowledgeable. I told her I wanted a two-toned ring (white gold/rose gold) and a 6.5mm band width. I picked out 6mm white gold ring I liked, and she said they can custom make it to tailor to all my specifications (with no extra charge). She even offered me $50 discount for attending a bridal convention they participated in. Awesome!

After that initial visit, I shopped around a bit more, but ended up back here due to the great pricing & customization options. I dealt with Raffi & Vic on other occasions, and they were very courteous as well. I LOVE the way his ring turned out, my now husband loves it as well :)

Sent on 07/03/2012

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2012

My fiance bought my engagement ring at Icing on the Ring, and he was very impressed with their service--basically, he showed up 6 days before he planned to propose, with diamonds to incorporate into a custom ring. He had no idea that rings normally take weeks to create, but they were able to get everything done in such a short turnaround time--and my ring is gorgeous!! We went back for our wedding rings, which was a lovely experience. They are family-owned, and each staff member is friendly and not pushy. We never felt any pressure to buy, and we didn't feel any judgment for not picking The Most Expensive, Fancy Rings ever. :)

Tip: they offer fabulous deals around Black Friday! We got 35% off our whole purchase, which is a lot of money when you're talking diamond rings! They also will clean your ring for free--perfect for getting your engagement ring looking its best for the wedding day!

I highly recommend them, and can see us using them for any jewelry needs in the future. Great service, great prices--what else can you ask for?

Sent on 04/19/2012

Brandon · Married on 03/24/2012

It's taken a long time to write this but Vic and Raffi were excellent. Not only were they patient and willing to spend the time to show us multiple sets of diamonds but their pricing was great too! We stopped by a couple of other jewelers during our trip to the jewelry district and they tried to close the sale using tactics like - this is the best ring we have so you need to get it - or because I came with my fiance they told me oh yes she's gonna love this one (and she was standing right beside me!). Obviously this was not the case with Icing on the Ring. Vic and Raffi showed us the diamonds and rings and let us decide for ourselves which one we liked.

Their store is very clean and well lit and they have a good selection of rings and styles to choose from. Although I've used Yelp for a long time to look up reviews Icing on the Ring is the first business that I've actually wanted to take the time to write a review for.

Thanks again Vic, Raffi and family for the excellent service and ring. We couldn't be happier about our choice!

Sent on 04/06/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

I'm so in love with the custom wedding band that they made to fit with my antique art deco sapphire ring. The owner and his daughter spent a lot of time confirming exactly what we wanted and did such an amazing job crafting the ring to fit so perfectly with our family heirloom. I also couldn't believe the prices. They were affordable, they give you personal attention, they're a family run business, and they're extremely knowledgeable. I'll never go to a chain jewelry store ever again... including Tiffany's. I will always go here first!

Sent on 02/28/2012

Trucker · Married on 09/03/2011

What a wonderful experience we had at Icing on the Ring. We traveled to the LA Jewelry District just to buy a ring. We spend hours online trying to do our homework and research, and one place that we had circled was Icing on the Ring. After spending a few hours in one of the Marts, we both felt over whelmed. We then went into two different independent jewelers and another mart, but nothing got our attention, in fact most places just had a cheap vibe to them. We both kept saying that we needed to find Icing on the Ring, and when we found it and walked in; we both looked at each other and said this is the place! The staff was very knowledgeable and courteous, and the store itself had a very calm and soothing atmosphere. With that, we found the band of her dream and a wonderful diamond for a great price.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Jamila · Married on 08/06/2011

We went to this place because we got a coupon in the mail and heard that the LA jewelry district had great prices. We got a GREAT deal on our wedding bands and the staff there was great! She was patient (as I took forever to decide) and was honest with the items we were looking at. I would definitely go back here for future jewelry purchases!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Emberly · Married on 06/01/2011

My husband designed a ring from scratch for me and we had it made at Icing on the Ring. They provided wax cast versions until we were completely happy. My ring looked great in the final version, and I have been nothing but happy with it.
    A few weeks ago, I dropped my ring when getting out of the car. Then ran over it. No joke.
    I brought the smooshed ring along with the diamond to IOTR and they completely remade it, for a VERY reasonable price. I am very happy. Great family owned business.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Rocio · Married on 05/29/2011

This place got fantastic reviews on Yelp, so we went to check it out. We were not disappointed. They have a wide selection of settings and stones, and they'll customize whatever you want to create your perfect rings. We worked mainly with Ani, but her brothers and father were all equally friendly. Their workmanship is high quality. As part of their ongoing service they'll clean your ring once a year for free. Three times a year their wedding bands go on sale so you can wait to buy your bands when they're discounted.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Stacie · Married on 10/24/2010

Icing on the Ring is a family owned, operated and run store in the Jewelry District of Downtown Los Angeles. My husband and I found them to be VERY reasonable, knowledgeable and fair. My husband selected his wedding band and upon arrival, he was unhappy with it. they returned it, allowed him to select another and made it all possible within a very short turn around. They have a vast array of wedding bands, engagement rings and fashion jewelry. I will be a loyal customer of theirs for life....as you should be too!

If you are looking for quality and service without high sales pressure...this is the place for you!

Sent on 12/16/2010
  • F

Jenny · Married on 10/23/2010

This is the first and only jewelwer my then fiance and I went to to shop for our wedding bands. If you are on the email chain through any wedding website such as theknot.com or weddingwire.com, you will occasionally receive a 20% off coupon from this vendor. I received one by email several months before my wedding and decided to check them out. I was not disappointed. The staff was very attentive and helped find a matching wedding band for my engagement ring. On the first try, he got it right on the nail. They have a pretty large selection of bands for men as well - my husband was able to find one that he liked rather quickly. Since he got a titanium ring, they offer lifetime resizing (not that he'll ever need it but it's nice to know it's there). After the 20% discount, both our rings came out to $1K plus some change. It was a fantastic deal and I highly recommend them! The one downside is that they are located in the jewelry district in LA which has very limited parking. If you park in Pershing Square, they will validate for you so that's another plus. Definitely a must for all future brides and grooms shopping for rings!

Sent on 11/23/2010

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2010

great prices for custom wedding bands. they are easy to work with, professional, high quality, and have a large selection. we were looking for the longest time at many jewelers and our wedding coordinator recommended them (rafi and vic, brothers). she said they were an affordable place to custom make the ring we were envisioning but couldn't find anywhere else. wish we knew about them in the beginning and could have saved a lot time searching around. at least we saved a lot of money and still got the wedding bands we wanted.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Vikki · Married on 09/10/2010

I really can not say enough about Icing On the Ring. The service is very attentive and more important to me, they base their sales around your budget, needs, and their expertise. They never tried to sell us the biggest and most expensive ring. Instead they focused on finding the best value and finding the best fit. This truly was something that I was not expecting from a jewelry store. My husband ended up spending under his original budget and getting more ring then I expected. A great combo in my book. Do yourself a favor and stop by their store if you are in the market for an engagement ring or wedding band, you truly will not regret it.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Marlissa · Married on 08/14/2010

We initially heard of Icing on the Ring at a Bridal Show. We kept their information because we still needed to get DH's ring. We went there month's before the wedding and they took very good care of us. His ring was fabulous and we are so happy we went there. Thanks you Icing.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Nita · Married on 08/08/2010

Nita and I loved Icing on the Ring! Our rings came out exactly what we wanted and they provided many options to help us out with our budget. They validate parking, so its really convenient. When you go in, ask for Ahni or Vic. They are great to work with.

Thanks for a great experience!

Sent on 02/20/2011

Kristen · Married on 06/19/2010

We used Icing on the Ring to make my engagement ring. They have a wide selection of lovely designs, but I wanted something unique and customized, so I brought them some design ideas that I had for my ring. Vic, our rep, was fantastic to work with; he took my designs and found a way to make them work with the (gorgeous!) diamond we selected through them. The final ring is lovelier than I'd imagined! They do one free resizing as well. Incredibly professional and low-pressure, yet they help you focus and make a decision (even when presented with dozens of beautiful diamonds to choose from, they helped me narrow down to the perfect one). Highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/06/2010

Mayank · Married on 06/15/2010

This Vendor is just awesome! They had great ability and paid much attention towards the contracts , they responded to each and everything that I wanted, they showed a whole lot of professionalism and fulfilled their duties properly , they also helped me solving many of my problems which I faced and most importantly for all the people my advice is that they provide you VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY.

Sent on 06/23/2010

Lishya · Married on 05/23/2010

We were searching for a good jewelry in downtown LA who provide great selections and great customer service. We are very satisfied with Icing On The Ring. Their price are very reasonable, and affordable. The customer service is wonderful, and they don't rip you off. I told my husband, next time he's thinking of upgrading my diamond, should come back here :)

Sent on 06/17/2010
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/10/2010

This place was a great find. We purchased both of our wedding bands here. We had the problem of finding a wedding band to match my engagement ring (it has an ornate design on the band). When we came to Icing on the Ring we were fortunate to have the same jeweler make a matching wedding band for my engagement ring. They look great together.

Sent on 04/18/2010

Darice · Married on 03/13/2010

My husband got my engagement ring here and we ended up also getting our wedding bands here. They have a bi-annual 20% off sale, thru a coupon via email. The customer service is impeccable, and they offered to clean my ring every time I visited. My engagement diamond became loose because I have to wear gloves at work, but they tightened it free of charge, and I've had no problems since then(don't wear gloves over the ring anymore).

They even offered to clean my engagement ring right before the wedding so it would look new! My husband got me one of their engraved engagement rings, and they do a beautiful job with the design. I get compliments on my ring all the time! They use quality diamonds, and it really shows- my rings are very sparkly- even the small diamonds on the pave setting portion of my rings.

Remember to ask for parking validation for the lot nearby.

Sent on 04/05/2010

maria · Married on 12/04/2009

My husband bought both my e-ring and wedding band from the lovely family at Icing on the Ring... Anni and Rafi were a complete pleasure to work with - completely honest and reliable.

They have a ton of options, as far as design and we were able to get my ring as perfectly sized as possible b/c they do their own work and dont send it out to a 3rd party.

Without all the pretense and stuffiness of overpriced retailers, Icing on the Ring is the perfect jeweler for couples who don't want to sacrifice on quality, but don't want to spend more for a "name". After all, dont most diamonds come from the same place anyway? ;-)

Before deciding on a band from a retailer - check out Icing on the Ring - Anni and Rafi are sure to show you something that will knock your socks off and for less than most retailers!

Sent on 12/15/2009

Elaine · Married on 11/10/2009

We were very happy with our Icing on the ring purchases. Although my fiance did not purchase my engagement ring there (he didn't know about the place when he was shopping), we bought both of our wedding bands at IOTR. Vic was able to make a custom band to match my e-ring, even though I did not leave it with them. The service was great. Ani was always super helpful and friendly and everyone is extremely knowledgeable. Since this is a family business, everyone takes pride in what they do and they want everyone to be satisfied with their purchase and their experience.

Sent on 12/16/2010

Darren · Married on 10/03/2009

Icing On The Ring is absolutely the best place to buy your jewelry. They are really professional and it's family owned. You get a very personalized experience and a unique piece every time.

Sent on 12/18/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2009

Icing on the ring was recommended to me by many people. They did not disappoint with variety. They had many designs of rings and what they did not have they can make. I recommend them to anyone in the la area.

Sent on 02/12/2010

Trang · Married on 07/17/2009

I learned alot about diamonds during my meeting with Raffi. He was very helpful and honest about everything. I love my ring!

Sent on 03/30/2010