Icedgems Baking Reviews

Icedgems Baking 3
Icedgems Baking 4
Icedgems Baking 5
Icedgems Baking 6

Iced Gems provided a cake and cupcakes for my son's wedding on the day of the Taste of Three Cities. They knew it would be a busy weekend for them but still agreed to be our sweet "provider". Everything was great and the cupcakes were delicious!! Everyone enjoyed them. CHEERS to you!!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Brittany · Married on 03/29/2014

My bridesmaid's ordered cupcakes for my bridal shower and they were delish! I also ordered for a friend's wedding and had a great experience tasting and selecting flavors. They have a variety of flavors - the cookies & cream and raspberry lemonade are my favorite.

The store/shop is small but there is some outside seating.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Stephanie · Married on 02/22/2014

Absolutely the best choice for our wedding!! We are "Cupcake" people, so there was no doubt going with cupcakes at our wedding on 2/22! A) cupcakes offer more of an option b) they can be taken home if your guests don't want to eat it at the reception and c) its cheaper than stupid dry wedding cake (by the slice!) .
    We had a great meeting at the shop and tried a dozen different cupcakes to narrow down our selection. They sent the left overs home with us so we could be sure we chose the ones we liked the best for our wedding. Christine and her staff worked with us to design the "look" of the cupcakes on the stand so it looked uniform, even though we really had 6 different flavors to offer our wedding guests. She used edible silver dusting and little fondant flowers in our wedding colors to spruce up the already gorgeous cupcakes. we had the use of an amazing black stand for our wedding at no charge (deposit made incase it got lost) . On my wedding day, I couldn't have been happier and neither could my guests. My advice, order the " Apple Maple Bacon" (comes with real bacon on top!) for the men coming to your wedding (I renamed it the Man Cave cupcake) and carrott cake & strawberry cheesecake for your ladies. Both are to die for with their cream cheese icing! Thanks to everyone at IcedGems for the best wedding (cup)cake I could have every dreamed of!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2013

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a "cupcake" wedding cake for our reception. We did tastings at several bakeries, many of which specialized in cupcakes or had even been featured on the Food Network, but none of them wowed us - either the icing was too whipped and tasteless or the cake and fillings were too simple.

Not only did Icedgems have the largest variety of the most creative and flavorful cupcakes, but they were visually gorgeous - these were WEDDING cupcakes! The tasting was reasonably priced and we were given so many kinds to try. Everything is made daily, in-house and from scratch, which you can taste in every bite. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful and delicious they were! Also, Christine and her team are so professional and responsive.

Whether you're looking for cupcakes or a traditional cake ( we also had a cutting cake), I highly recommend Icedgems Baking!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

Working with Iced Gems was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! They were so professional, Christine answered all of my questions right away and was so easy to work with, the cupcakes were DELICIOUS, and everyone enjoyed getting them from the cupcake truck too! They even offer to make you a mini version of your wedding cake on your first anniversary so you don't have to worry about keeping the top tier in your freezer for a year!

Sent on 09/19/2014

From the moment we got engaged we knew that we wanted to do cupcakes in place of traditional cake. We had our first tasting at iced gems and fell in love with them, not only were the cupcakes to die for, but Christine took the time to go into details with us. We were able to select 5 different flavors so that our guests were able to pick something that they enjoyed. They were a huge hit at our wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Angie · Married on 09/17/2011

We chose to have cupcakes for our reception and were so happy with the customer service and quality at Iced Gems. We went for a couple of tastings and every time the cupcakes were amazing. We were even sent home with cupcakes for our friends and family to try. Our guests loved being able to try so many flavors and loved the presentation. IcedGems offers cupcakes at a great value for weddings - I found their pricing to be more competitive than other venues.

Sent on 11/14/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2011

Best cupcakes I have ever tasted and the best price in town! I would highly recommend for wedding cupcakes!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Terri · event on 08/27/2015

The custom cakes (carrot and keylime), PIna Colada and Mexican chocolate cupcakes were decorated perfectly for my vision of a "Fiesta-themed" Birthday party. All were a raving success at the party. The staff is outstanding, very creative.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Susan · Married on 12/13/2014

Christine is an amazing baker and the number of flavors that you can choose from is incredible! My daughter had a cupcake tower with a small cutting cake and it’s impossible to say which of the five flavors of cupcakes people enjoyed the most. The mint chocolate sundae was a big hit as was the hot chocolate!

Our guests were delighted and surprised when the cupcake truck appeared at the end of the evening serving up the most incredible chocolate chip cookies that you can possibly imagine!

It was a pleasure to work with Iced Gems Baking – and all I can say is that you need to come hungry to the tasting, because it will be hard to resist trying everything!

Sent on 12/20/2014

kara · Married on 10/23/2010

With the help of my caterer, we came across IcedGems and were lucky enough to be able to use them for my wedding. They provided us with cupcakes and a top tier cake for my wedding and everything looked and tasted fantastic! I had a few tastings at other cupcake bakeries in the area and these were by far the best.

My guests raved about the delicious flavors (we had an assortment of smores, pumpkin, apple and red velvet cupcakes to chose from). I actually live near the bakery and have been back a few times since the wedding to order cupcakes, every one I have tried is delicious.

You will not be disappointed if using them for your wedding or event.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Leeha · Married on 08/28/2010

Christine at Iced Gems was willing to do whatever we wanted to make sure we were happy. The guests loved having the various varieties of flavors and several admitted to eating more than one :). This was a great option that was less expensive than a cake.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Shalane · Married on 02/28/2018

Wonderful service from Brittany! Plenty of variety and flavors to choose from! She listened to all my needs and is creating my dream cake! Delicious flavors and beautifully created! Can't wait to see the finished product! Super excited bride-to-be!!!!

Sent on 02/27/2018
    Icedgems Baking 7
    Icedgems Baking 8
    Icedgems Baking 9

Iced Gems Baking provided our wedding cupcakes and cutting cake and our experience was wonderful!

We waited until the last minute to select a bakery for our wedding desert and very close to our date IcedGems was able to accommodate us. Although my fiance wasn't able to make the tasting I paid for two tastings, tasted a handful of options in store, and took a bunch of cupcakes home for us to try together.

We were very open minded as to whether I wanted a cake vs. cupcakes. With Iced Gems it seemed most cake options were more expensive per slice than per cup cake. We went with Cupcakes because their flavors were unique and there were way too many to choose from, so having cupcakes allowed us to have up to 5 flavors! Plus their diligence to provide gluten free options and use responsible baking ingredients and methods.

Looking back I would have appreciated more responsiveness through E-mail, because it was hard for me to find time during the work day to call, but everything went off without a hitch. I had to place my final order over the phone which went smoothly. I communicated my aesthetic requirements over the phone and they understood down to every last detail! I needed delivery, set up, and last minute decided I needed tear down too... and they were nothing but happy to accommodate for a small fee for having to come back out on a Saturday evening!

Our cupcakes and cutting cake were beautiful and tasted great, we had so many flavors, Guests were happy, and the brides were happy too!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Please note: I ordered a birthday cake from Iced Gems. NOT a wedding cake. It was so great, I really wanted to make sure I provided a good review for them.

They were able to get a cake for 40 guests, decorated with an "art-deco" theme, pulled together in just a few days. It was beautiful, elegant and just delicious. I used a caterer for the party (but ordered the cake from Iced Gems myself). The caterer's chef commented that the cake was the best he's had in years!

I know it was one of the best cakes I've ever had. We had 2 layers, one was lemon with lemon filling the second was chocolate with chocolate filling (both with buttercream icing). I swear the icing with the chocolate cake tasted something like high end Oreo! Yum!

Sent on 02/24/2014

April · Married on 08/24/2012

3.5

We had a tasting with iced gems the February before our August wedding. We had done a couple of other tastings and were surprised to find that they give whole entire cupcakes for the tasting. We were not prepared for so many sweets all at once and were not able to taste too many flavors all at once. Over the phone they said you could bring as many people as you like to the tasting, but when we arrived with one extra person they seemed annoyed even though you pay per person for the tasting. It was not made clear we had to give a specific number of people over the phone. Because we were not able to taste very many flavors at the tasting we visited their food truck and sampled other flavors over the next few months and just called them a few days before to give them our final decision of the flavors.

The cupcakes are amazing and the pricing is fair. The icing on the cake is that the cupcake tower comes with a cake topper and they will bake a fresh topper for free on your first anniversary.

When we arrived on our wedding day the cupcake tower was beautiful and our guest were so excited to try the delicious cupcakes that they made. I have been to weddings where no one really eats the cake. We ordered more cupcakes than guests and they were almost all gone. I really felt like i got my money's worth going the cupcake route.

they were very flexible with the returning of their cupcake stand. the policy says they need it back within 24 hours but i called and they let me bring it back a few days after without penalty.

My only complaint about this business is that the person that does the tastings was not very friendly. Especially in comparison to the other places we did tastings. the owner of the business made up for the non friendliness of her employee though.

we will most likely be lifetime customers of iced gems. we love their desserts.

Sent on 09/13/2012
  • User4516651 · event on 10/22/2014

0.8
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5

Very disappointed in the quality of this company. The customer service is incredibly bad and rude...
    The cupcakes lacked of freshness and taste.
    Wouldn't recommend this...

Sent on 10/31/2014

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Dear Customer, we are very sorry that you have been so disappointed. Our goal is always to provide our customers with a great product and a great experience. Since you have had no direct communication with us we have had no opportunity to rectify the situation. We believe in giving our customers 110% .Please contact us so we can put things right.