Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism Reviews

Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 5
Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 6
Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 7

Steve · Married on 07/18/2015

Ian Martin was chosen to photograph our Carmel wedding after evaluating many photographers online. After one interview we were satisfied with the decision finding Ian to be relaxed, friendly, responsive, inquisitive, and professional. His work during the wedding went fluently and he took us to an amazing location to do beach photos for an hour after the wedding. We were very satisfied with the quality and style of the wedding photos after they were delivered to us. All in all, we are exceptionally satisfied with Ian Marting Wedding Photojournalism and would recommend him highly.

Sent on 09/12/2015

I chose Ian Martin to photograph my daughter's wedding on June 12, 2015 at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park (Berkeley, CA) and am so glad I did! Since the bride's father could not attend the wedding it was so important to hire a photographer that could capture the people and emotions of this blessed day. Ian did not disappoint! Out of several photographers I reviewed and interviewed, Ian was an obvious choice. His style of photography and his gentle and easy going manner made him so easy to work with and the finished photos are gorgeous! Several different people told me separately that they actually felt they attended the wedding after looking at the pictures. You could just feel the emotions pouring out of the photos. This just confirmed what I hired him for! Ian was very professional throughout the entire process. He arrived early and even stayed a bit longer to capture some important moments that got pushed out to later in the day. Thank you so much Ian! If you hire Ian Martin, you will be so glad you did.

Sent on 08/05/2015

We could not have been more pleased with Ian! We flew into Carmel from out of town and I just happened to stumble upon his website. I had a different photographer lined up already, but once I saw Ian's website, I knew he was the one for us! Due to rain, we had to scramble at the last minute to find an alternative location and Ian could not have been more calm and flexible. Once the rain let up, I really wanted to go to the beach to get some shots by the water (the origional plan was to get married on Carmel city beach). I had asked about going there and instead Ian recommended a secluded, rocky beach with huge crashing waves. I trusted his judgement and I am SO glad that I did!! The pictures were AMAZING. You will not regret using Ian!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Sabine · Married on 04/25/2015

We were looking for a wedding photojournalism type of photographers. We did some extensive research and could not quite find the photographer we wanted. A friend of ours mentioned Ian - and it was clearly a great fit for us. We looked at Ian's portfolio and we knew instantly he was the one. Ian is extremely professional, responsive, flexible and discreet: our wedding photos are gorgeous, fun and beyond our expectations. Thanks to him we are able to relive our epic day (because it does go in a blink!). We have no hesitation in recommending him. Two words: HIRE HIM!.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kathy · Married on 04/18/2015

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. That depends on the photographer. Some pictures are worth four words: here is my friend, here is the ocean. Ian Martin writes poems with his photos. As our wedding photographer, he managed to both document our special day and capture and highlight all the emotions of the day. He also managed to get almost all 85 guests in pictures and very efficiently wrangled all the wandering relatives for the posed group shots. In all the festivity, we somehow managed to not get a picture of our wedding rings on our hands, and he scheduled an additional session in his studio to add those shots.

Sent on 06/18/2015

We were married at Holman Ranch on 4/11/15, and Ian was our photographer. This was one of our biggest decisions when planning; we met with 6 different photographers! I was instantly comfortable with Ian. Before meeting him, I had myself convinced that I needed two photographers to get the coverage I was looking for, however Ian changed my mind on this and I couldn't be happier. He did such a wonderful job and captured the day perfectly! He was very quick and responsive during the planning process and explained everything. We also wanted to actually attend our cocktail hour, and Ian made this happen! He got us through the formal photos and we had 30 minutes to mingle with our guests. My favorite thing about Ian is his photojournalistic style. I believe our photos came out so much more natural because he was able to catch the essence of our day with the 'in the moment' photos. We loved all of the photos! We are having a hard time selecting the photos for the album since they are all perfect! Can't recommend him enough! If you are planning your wedding from afar as we did, he is perfect in this regard also - very reachable!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Liesl · Married on 11/17/2014

When shopping for a photographer for our wedding - we were particular in capturing the essence of the day - not simple a series of staged moments. The additional challenge of planning a wedding from a distance made the decision all the more intricate.
    Just viewing Ian's website demonstrated that he provided a photo journalistic quality to his work - just what we were looking for. Ian was incredibly friendly and easy going from the very beginning. When expressing my concern to find time to meet prior to the wedding, he eased my mind by addressing the fact that many of his photographs are of people he's only just met moments before - yet his photography appears he's known them a lifetime.

In the weeks and days leading up to the wedding Ian was very professional and very organized. We covered details shortly before the big day. On the wedding day, he rolled with plans that continued to shift as different parts of the wedding party were more ready than others. He even delivered the tux to the groom!!!! His demeanor and relaxed nature were just what we all needed.

THEN! The final result! The photos themselves! Words cannot define how amazing they are. Truthfully, we're a bit paralyzed about putting an order together, because we love them all. The glances, the holding of hands, the physical emotions, the touching family togetherness, the energy of the day are all captured in cherished photos. What Ian did with color, with framing, with daylight, with movement, are beyond what we had even dared to hope for.

If you want a wedding album full of staged photos, don't use Ian.
    If, on the other hand, you prefer an album filled with the loving story of your wedding day, by all means, hurry up and book Ian as your photographer.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Sonia · Married on 10/24/2014

I am so, so happy that my husband and I chose Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism for our wedding photos. Ian was incredibly easy to work with, friendly, and, most importantly, super talented. I'm normally not a fan of having my photo taken, and he took the stress out of it all.

On to the photos: they were even better than what I was hoping for, and I had set a pretty high bar. Ian does no't overly photoshop anything, does not over-stage pictures, and has the ability to capture simply stunning shots. If we had to do our wedding all over again, we'd rebook him in a heartbeat - simple as that.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Deborah · Married on 10/07/2014

It was a big decision to choose a photographer for our wedding and I am so happy we went with Ian Martin. First of all, he was so easy going and accommodating with all our questions and worries. It was great that he was a photojournalist which we felt he really told a story rather than just taking pictures. What a story he told with the fantastic results! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND him for your wedding or any event you may be planning! YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY YOU DID!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

B · Married on 09/07/2014

We had a great experience with Ian. He did a great job of really capturing the fun and the happiness of our special day, and the photos are beautiful. I love the way he can capture the unplanned, unposed moments of the day that were so special. Plus, he got photos of pretty much everyone at our wedding so I can also send our guests lovely photos of themselves as well! Thanks so much Ian!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Margaret · Married on 08/12/2014

I couldn't be happier with our photos. Ian is wonderful. His work is incredible. We are so glad he shot our wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Cory · Married on 08/02/2014

Ian was an extremely professional, talented and FUN photographer to work with. He was accommodating and attentive. We LOVE our photos and really feel that Ian added to the fun of our day.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2014

I cannot say enough about Ian! I had a small wedding in Big Sur, CA. When I started planning, I wasn't sure I wanted a photographer. I wanted the day to be as "natural" as possible and didn't want a photographer ruining that atmosphere. As I was talking to a friend, she referred me to Ian, as she attended a wedding he was shooting. From the moment I contacted him and met him, I knew he was the perfect guy! He understood my concerns and assured me he would capture every moment and I wouldn't even know he was around. He held true to his word. The pictures are breathtaking. He was amazing from his personality to professionalism. He is amendable to any requests. Truly, you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not hire him. He will not disappoint!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Lara · Married on 05/24/2014

Ian is a very talented, professional, and courteous photographer! We were absolutely thrilled with the quality of the photographs by Ian Martin, and when I received the photos (early I might add!), I had a smile from ear to ear. Ian has a natural talent, and he makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera that you forget the camera is there. I am a fairly camera shy person, and Ian made me feel so "myself" in front of the camera that he was able to capture very natural shots with ease! There are so many beautiful photos from my Wedding Day that I am having trouble picking which one to frame the biggest! He has a very unobtrusive style, which helps a Bride and Groom to remain "in the moment" while they enjoy their Wedding Day. Ian always responded quickly to any of my questions and was very courteous. He is a true professional!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Meg · Married on 05/16/2014

Ian Martin was a true professional--he made us feel comfortable, made us laugh, and was super easy to be around. The photographs turned out so beautifully. He really captured the spirit of the day, as well as the beautiful environment of Pfeiffer Beach/Big Sur. We are having a VERY hard time choosing which photos to frame. We could have an entire wall of them, they're all so stunning!!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Megan · Married on 04/26/2014

Working with Ian was absolutely fabulous. As a former wedding photographer myself, finding the perfect person to photograph my own wedding was very important. He was great at communicating with us during the planning process which really put our mind at ease since we were planning the wedding from across the world. Day of he had great energy and knew exactly where to be at the right moments. I could not be happier with my photos and my experience with Ian and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Lisa · Married on 04/14/2014

Such a fantastic photographer. We are delighted with the photos. Ian was a fantastic presence at our wedding. Would recommend him unreservedly.

Sent on 05/19/2014
  • JulieV

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

Ian is incredible at capturing moments in incredible ways that can touch you back and really allow you to relive your special weekend. In addition to capturing moments as they happen, he also has great ideas for staging a shot that looks natural. He listens to what is important to you and delivers.

He provides every shot in black&white and color, all in 3 different resolutions and identifies his favorites which allows prompt use until you have time to look through all of the shots yourself. He was very responsive - would typically get a reply or call back within 24 hours if not same day.

Lastly, we really liked him as a person and enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 11/21/2013

stephanie · Married on 09/22/2013

Ian is an amazing Photojournalist. We didn't see him most of the time and somehow he captured the moment beautifully. I don't know how he does it! After seeing Ian's work we booked him right away. We loved his style and the natural ease in his photos. We are so happy that we can relive our wedding with these incredible photographs.

Aside from being talented, Ian is very pleasant and fun to work with.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Ian is beyond wonderful!! His work speaks for itself. beautifully lit. thoughtfully framed and heaven only knows how he manages to get to know you just well enough to capture special and intimate moments throughout your celebrations. If you want your photos to be marvelous while you get to have a wonderful time. Leave the thinking and shooting to Ian Martin. We loved his work and his personality! I would and will hire him again in the future.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Ian did a great job for our wedding in Monterey at The Perry House. He really stuck with taking photos that represented what we asked for. For example, we requested to NOT have any cheesy poses or photos of rings and shoes and really to focus on candid shots of the two of us and our guests. He did a great job with our request. Ian was also great at keeping people on task when it came to getting the group photos taken after the ceremony! He got us through all the photos AND we still had a little time to enjoy the appetizers and cocktails with our guests prior to dinner. I highly recommend spending a little bit more on photography for your wedding so that you can have Ian preserve your memories just exactly the way you want it done!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Dawn · Married on 09/13/2013

We had picked three photographers to choose from and interview, and knew from the very first phone call that Ian was "the one". The other two we contacted either did not return the call at the time they promised and/or we just did not "mesh" with them nearly as much as Ian. I was a little worried signing a contract with a photographer we had never met in person, but have no regrets whatsoever.
    Ian was open to all questions and requests - he was very patient throughout the process and extremely professional. He answered any inquiry the same day. He was willing and ready to do whatever shots we wanted. From what I hear, brides usually have a list of photos at specific times with certain groups of people, etc. We, on the other hand, wanted more impromptu shots, and less posed ones. Ian was fine with that (and absolutely exceeded our expectations) - again, I'm sure he would be a superstar with any setting or requirements.
    Ian captured moments of the wedding that I missed - it's been very entertaining filling in the missing pieces of the day and night. His mannerisms are so noninvasive and easygoing - I still have guests that thought he was a long-lost cousin or uncle with a camera dancing in the crowd. Everybody loved him!
    My only concern at the beginning that I had asked Ian upfront is his ability to capture all the different angles of the ceremony since it is just him without any other assistants. He assured me both through his word and viewing the wedding pics on his website - he can do it. Again, I trusted in him, and again, he surpassed every expectation.
    He sends his photos out as promised about a month after the wedding, both online and via mail with a CD. The CD is organized with three different formats and all three viewable in color or B&W. And he's available for questions even months after the wedding as well. Top-notch customer service!
    I would definitely recommend Ian, and in fact I already have. I would work with him again in a heartbeat! ;-)

Sent on 12/11/2013

I would absolutely recommend Ian to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding. I researched about 4 different companies and my first phone call with Ian was so relaxed and conversational. He made us feel comfortable right off the bat.
    I had a destination wedding so we didn't officially meet until the wedding day. As soon as he came into the room he had my bridesmaids and nephew smiling and laughing. Ian is so easy to work with we're very happy we chose him for our wedding day.
    The pictures are so great as well. We really liked that his style is more 'photojournalism' and not a ton of overly posed pictures. We did do some group photos and bride/groom posed photos which came out beautifully but some of my favorites are those that he captured in the moment.
    Great photographer!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Erin · Married on 08/10/2013

Working with Ian was one of the easiest and most rewarding parts of wedding planning. Ian has a great personality and was easygoing yet very organized. We got exactly what we wanted from our wedding photography: full-resolution digital photos downloaded from Ian's website exactly 1 month after our wedding. There were no hidden costs or complicated packages. We spent so little time with Ian on the day of our wedding, but he managed to capture the entire event with great candid shots. Our posed pictures were fast, fun and turned out great. Do yourself a favor and guarantee hassle-free and beautiful photos -- book Ian as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/16/2013

We first chose Ian because we were impressed by his online portfolio. After meeting him, he put us at ease, and we knew he was the right fit for our wedding day - a true pro.

Upon receiving our photos, we were blown away. Ian provided a link to an online gallery, in addition to a CD containing all high-resolution photos in color and black & white. The photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined. We are so happy with how he captured the moments throughout our wedding day. Ian's the best!

Sent on 09/22/2013