I Hotel and Conference Center Reviews

View more information

• Hannah
    Hannah Married on 06/08/2019

Exceeded Expectations!

We couldn't be happier with I Hotel! The sales, events, and catering staff were all phenomenal to work with, and went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely perfect. They were very responsive to all of our questions and made sure to have every detail before the big day so there were no surprises. Our overnight accommodations in the hotel were top notch, and the staff helped us load out all of our decorations the next morning!
    Amanda Married on 03/24/2018
    We had a wonderful experience with this hotel and their staff. During the planning process, they were always available as decisions were made. They were flexible with changes made and provided thoughtful suggestions. The day of the our wedding, an unexpected blizzard threw a wrench in our wedding timeline. They were hugely accommodating in changing the timeline for the order of events. The staff were so kind and flexible. I cannot say enough about their wonderful staff! I would also note that the food was amazing! It was the best food that I have ever had at a wedding or event by a huge margin.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 12/31/2017
    The I Hotel and Conference Center was a great choice for our wedding reception. They were professional, accommodating, and we felt the prices were fair. We received multiple compliments about the food, beverage, and event space.

I Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind review!
    Jennifer Married on 06/27/2015
    This place was top notch! The staff was so nice and helped me with everything.
    Excellent food, all guests complimented on that. Loved that you were able to provide the projectors and screens for my slideshow.
    You all catered to everything we needed and we appreciate it so very much!
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts

I Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Jennifer- Glad we could be a part of your special day. Best wishes to you both.
  • User2152679 2+ years ago
    Amazing to work with. They went above and beyond to do what was needed the day of our wedding!
    Valerie Married on 09/12/2014
    Absolutely amazing! They were extremely patient with my wife and I throughout the entire process. If we had any questions we were able to reach our even coordinator without problem. The room for the reception was stunning thanks to their hard work. Thanks so much for such a beautiful reception!
  • User1223615 2+ years ago
    THe I Hotel and Conference center held both our wedding and reception. We had planned on an outside ceremony but of course it poured. They were able to turn our reception ballroom into a perfect wedding venue. We only had to postpone the wedding 30 min but the guests were able to help themselves to a drink while they waited. I was so impressed with how quickly they were able to accommodate us.
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 05/25/2012
    We had our wedding and reception in the iHotel and Conference Center Chancellor Ballroom, and it was beautiful! Since we had a small-ish wedding (80 guests), it made more sense to us to have it on Friday because the University catering doesn't have a minimum for Friday weddings (and yes, you have to use the University catering). There is, however, a cash bar minimum you have to meet if you have a cash bar (which we didn't even come close to meeting). Catering also provides fresh flower centerpieces at no cost, which i thought was great! I had free range over the room, being able to set it up exactly how I wanted. We also stayed in the hotel, which is very classy!
    Kari Married on 10/29/2011
    The conference center and staff was AMAZING. They set everything up for me and took everything down. Centerpieces were provided through them for free and everyone I worked with through the conference center was great. Kiley, the event coordinator, was so nice, easy to work with and always got back to me quickly with any questions I had. Rich Millar who does the catering for them was amazing as well. He like Kiley was easy to get in touch with and easy to work with. The price was very reasonable as well.
  • Future Mrs. Brown
    Melissa Married on 11/06/2010
    The I Hotel and Conference Center is a great place to have your reception. Their hospitality was incredible, and I couldn't of asked for anything more than that. The staff was so nice and helped you out with anything that you needed. The media, technical staff did a great job of making sure that our slide show was going to work. And the servers did an amazing job making sure our meal for the reception got out in time. Thanks I Hotel for making our special day a memorable day!
    Katie Married on 08/01/2009
    My husband and I were so pleased with the staff at the I. Their event planning is second to none and they handle so many of the details that most venues require the bride to handle. Pricewise they are up there between the catering and reserving the space, but it was well worth it to have such professional service. Their catering is through the U of I's housing division and they do awesome work! I can't say enough good things about our experience with the Conference Center.
  • User1987326 2+ years ago
    I just recently booked our wedding at the ihotel. Megan was great to deal with and made the booking part very easy! I am excited to continue and hopefully it all runs smoothly!
  • Tim
    Tim Married on 05/18/2013
    Everything went smoothly until the end, there has been a slight mixup with our bar tab and we were charged for drinks that we were not hosting. We are hoping it will get ironed out and is just a mistake, but besides that it was a great experience.