209 Reviews for I Do Ceremonies

Single Religion (3)
Vow Renewal (2)
Baptist (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)

I cannot say enough good things about Stephen Simmons and our experience at Silo and Oak. The venue itself is so beautiful (the pictures really don't do it justice!!), and Stephen really went above and beyond our expectations. When meeting with Stephen, I could hear the joy in his voice every time he talked about other weddings, and shared ideas with us for our day. We were able to customize our ceremony to what we wanted and I couldn't be happier with how my wedding turned out. Even though ours was a small wedding, Stephen made my husband and I feel just as important as a big wedding party. To anyone getting married, please take the time to check out this venue. It is well worth the time, and you will be guaranteed an officiant who genuinely cares about his couples!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

As the Mother of the Bride starting the planning process of my only daughter's wedding a year ago was daunting. Choosing Stephen as the officiant was the easiest and best decision we made for the ceremony of our daughter's wedding. Amy and Ty met with Stephen and after that first meeting they loved him. He was patient and very reassuring that he would provide exactly the type of ceremony they wanted to match their personalities. He worked continually the whole year up until the moment they said "I Do. Stephen "I DO CEREMONIES" was amazing. He made the ceremony exactly what they wanted with the sense of humor to lighten things us and allowed everyone including the Bride and Groom to relax and enjoy the most beautiful part of their wedding. His process allows the Bride and Groom to have a say in exactly what they wanted said and done in their own ceremony. In my opinion he is the best there is out there.

Profile Picture Julie, 4/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We used Stephen to officiate our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we've made. My husband and I are two different faiths and that is no problem with Stephen because everything he says is completely customizable to what you want. Stephen was quick to answer any questions we had and the outline he provided was so helpful! The outline allowed us to pick everything we wanted said during the ceremony which just made it feel exactly like us. Our guests loved Stephen as well and we received many compliments on him after the wedding. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/15/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was an amazing officiant. His prep work with us made everything seamless and allowed us to customize it to fit our own love story. If you want to leave out certain aspects of the ceremony, you can. Want to select your own scripture readings? You can do that too! He wants you to make this your wedding without you having to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

His initial conversation with us was splendid and he explained small aspects of the ceremony that we didn’t even consider but were so grateful that he did. It was truly a blessed day and we received nothing but compliments on how our wedding was officiated. Our sincerest thanks for starting our marriage with such a wonderful memory.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/23/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I do ceremonies are extremely great! From the cost, to helping with the wedding outline, even right down to the vows, they have all the basis and MORE covered!! Stephen is extremely helpful and easy to work with, and also very fast with responsiveness! Loren Jones was our day of officiant and Loren was outstanding. He was punctual, helped ease the tension I had, and even made jokes in the ceremony, which everyone loved!! Very nice and down to earth gentleman, and we appreciated all the services provided.

Profile Picture Curtis, 3/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I would highly recommend Stephen to any of my friends or family tying the knot and I would hire him again! We originally chose I Do Ceremonies because we liked Stephen’s cadence and voice, and I really wanted a customized ceremony with personal vows, and his template made it SO easy to do that! I will admit that I procrastinated on the ceremony portion because it seems overwhelming but as soon as I sat down and got started with the template it was extremely easy. Everyone loved the customized ceremony and it felt perfect for our style.

We did all this via Skype and email- we got married in Austin but lived in San Francisco at the time. He made it all very easy and he seemed to be able to fit into any style of ceremony, religious or not.

Stephen also was fantastic during the ceremony- he knows when and how to lighten the mood and I noticed he even changed the pitch of his voice to account for some unfortunate traffic we could hear from the road, it all went very smoothly. There are many good reasons he’s been voted best multiple years in a row. You won’t regret hiring him and you should do so before his schedule books up!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was amazing. He brought a great mixture of love and humor to the ceremony. He was extremely patient and understanding. He was also very helpful in keeping the event organized. He really made our day special!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was very sincere and patient on the big day. I’ve had several of my guests say they loved his way of officiating. Even though he wasn’t there for the rehearsal he made sure it went beautifully when he arrived. He arranged the ceremony the way I wanted and definitely made my day so special. I recommend him again and again! Thank you!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was absolutely AMAZING! I know most are skeptical in reading reviews, especially regarding the most important day of their life, however rest easy. Stephen is worth his weight in gold. Stephen did a phenomenal job at easing our anxiety about the ceremony (if you don't have it yet, you will). In fact, my wife and I (that's sounds so cool to say now) waited all the way up until a week before our wedding to finally sit down and figure it out. There is so much involved in the ceremony that you only come realize as you're searching for an officiant; "Should we do this?", "Should we do that?", procession order, opening remarks, scriptures to be read, special thank yous/recognition, unity ceremony, and more. With Stephen it was effortless. After our first meeting with Stephen, in the car, my wife and I both agreed we knew within 15mins Stephen was a perfect fit. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Stephen helped make it exactly how we dreamed-it was perfect. Literally, perfect. Stephen is an incredible human being, which makes him an incredible officiant. We can't speak highly enough of him. You couldn't be happier with an other officiant.

Profile Picture Denzel, 12/8/17, 1 Review

Me. Jones was great!!! Steven was great as well!!!! Thanks

Profile Picture Nia, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Single Religion

Stephen with I DO Ceremonies did such an amazing job officiating our wedding! He also officiated my best friends wedding 2 years ago, which is where I originally met him. I am so glad I was able to use him! So many of my family and guests have commented on how much they LOVED him!! I couldn't have asked for a better officiant!!

Profile Picture coley, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen provided us with such a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony. Several of our guests commented on how much they liked Stephen and the outstanding job he did. He was extremely organized and responsive throughout the planning process. His infinite professionalism and flexibility made this part of our wedding planning process stress-free. He made it easy for us to plan a meaningful ceremony that was unique to our love story. I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Kristi, 12/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was hands down the best choice for our ceremony. Per our request, he provided a great balance of humor and seriousness that made our day great. He even lent me his handkerchief to wipe off the lipstick after the first kiss. There was not a detail he didn't think of that could have made our day better. Thank you Stephen for doing such great work.

Profile Picture Adam, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mitch was great! Very easy to work with, and he was very flexible in supporting the specifics and non-traditional aspects of our wedding. I (the groom) was running late the day of the wedding and didn't have time to hand write my vows that day as intended (and as I apparently promised my wife so we weren't tackily reading off our phones). Mitch offered to write them for me while I got dressed and had them done before we lined up to walk out. Mitch to the rescue! Mitch also provided some day-of guidance on how the process will flow, what a lot of common hiccups are and how to avoid them, and provided confidence that things would work out just fine.

I recommend I Do Ceremonies and Mitch to others needing an officiant.

Profile Picture Adrian, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen Simmons was amazing! I am so happy we chose him to officiate our wedding. He was able to work with us and customize our ceremony to the last detail. He is so easy going and a pleasure to work with. He had so many creative ideas for the ceremony that I had not seen before.

Profile Picture Caroline, 11/10/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we met with Stephen, we knew we wanted to hire these guys to be our officiant(s). Stephen was booked but his partner Loren was fantastic. They were easy to work with, answered all of our questions and provided great insights into timing, ideas for our vows, and more. They are friendly, professional and really take an interest in you as a couple. There was no doubt they would do a fantastic job. When the day came, we had absolutely zero issues. Loren was on time, wonderfully dressed and joking around with our guests. We were running a little late because my grandmother had not yet arrived but he just went with it. We got a lot of compliments from our guests. I highly recommend I Do Ceremonies! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen did a fantastic job officiating our wedding ceremony. He had some great ideas and suggestions and we are glad listened to him. Our ceremony was personal and special and we are so grateful to Stephen for listening to us and helping us get exactly what we wanted. Also, Stephen is extremely easy to work with and you can even give him guidance on what you want him to wear!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so lucky to have found Stephen for our officiant. He was so helpful from the very beginning, and he kept me on top of things by reminding me when to get the marriage license, and when to have my final outline done by. Everyone at our wedding talked about how he was funny and personable during the ceremony, and he helped my husband and I feel at ease. I can not say enough great things about him!

Profile Picture Taylor , 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was helpful throughout the process from beginning to end. On the actual day, my husband and I were so tense during the ceremony that we were genuinely scared when we were at the altar. But Stephen cracked a few jokes tying into our ceremony. Wonderful relief of tension during such an intense moment. Absolutely would recommend him to other engaged couples looking for an officiant. He is very personal and thorough with the ceremony timeline.

Profile Picture Georgette, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen with, I Do Ceremonies, made our wedding day absolutely perfect. He has one of those powerful voices that create excitement and emotion, making our ceremony full of laughter, emotion, and love. My husband and I do not live in the Austin area, so we were not able to meet with him in person. Stephen offered for us to meet over Skype and discuss our ceremony options. He provided an outline for the ceremony. We were able to customize every piece, and he offered several suggestions making it easier on us. Everything about Stephen’s service shows how much he cares about making your day special, and most importantly, what you want it to be. There is not one thing I would have changed about our wedding ceremony. Thank you again, Stephen!

Profile Picture Katy, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I met Stephen over 3 years ago while hoping to plan a home wedding for my youngest daughter. Although she decided to get married in Louisiana, Stephen had made such a great impression on me and my husband, that I saved his contact info in hopes of hiring him for my other daughter. That day came, and my daughter and her fiance' were extremely happy with Stephen and hired him on their first meeting. He will cater to your wedding needs and style. We loved how personable he is and the easy flow to the ceremony. We all felt like we had know Stephen for years. He was excellent in keeping in touch with the 'kids' and reminding them when it was time to apply for the license. We never had to worry if he remembered us or our date. I can't say enough about Stephen. He was the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Jan, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mr. Simmons was the absolute best choice for our wedding. We live out of town and our first time meeting him was on our wedding day. That can be scary...but it wasn’t. We spoke on the phone and by email leading up to the big day. He helped us tailor our vows and ceremony to fit our personalities. On the day of, he mingled with my fiancé and the family before the ceremony and came to check on me before we started. The ceremony was perfect. Everyone complimented his ceremony and stated that they felt it was a perfect mixture of having fun and upholding tradition. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen is truly one of a kind! His passion for marriage shines through him. We are so grateful that we chose I Do Ceremonies. We had a wonderful experience and loved every moment of it. Stephen is organized, supportive, prompt, hilarious and loving. He truly cares about your happiness and marriage. We hope years from now he will officiate our vowel renewal. THANK YOU I DO CEREMONIES!!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/22/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

An amazing ceremony. Super helpful and they did a great job. We were very happy.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/1/17, 1 Review