Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa Reviews

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 5
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 6
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 7

R · Married on 04/01/2011

Love Love Loved this venue. The hotel is beautiful! The staff is accommodating. The food is quality and the overall experience from start to finish was amazing. My friends and family could not believe how beautiful our wedding was and how professional and helpful the staff at Hyatt were. I highly recommend this venue for a beach wedding in Florida.

Sent on 04/19/2011

Mark · Married on 10/09/2010

From the very initial planning stages of our wedding to the big day, everything was top notch. Jennifer Payne is amazing to work with and the property is beautiful. We had the fairy tale wedding that everyone dreams about!

Catering-absolutely blew us away. We looked forward to dinner through the entire planning process. Chef Brad pulled it off perfectly. Many, many compliments from our guests on the food.

Sent on 11/24/2010
  • Cyndy

Cyndy Murphy · Married on 05/18/2019

Happy with the Hyatt

I am six weeks away from my wedding and working with the ladies at the Hyatt has been great. They have been very helpful and accommodating. Everyone has been so nice and easy to work with. They are very responsive and willing to spend the time with you that is needed. Can't wait to enjoy my special day here!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Lori Pineiro · Married on 01/26/2019

Oceanview wedding at sunset

My daughter wanted a beach wedding near home in St. Petersburg. We visited hotels up and down the coast from Sarasota to Tarpon Springs. Every hotel had its own charm, but inevitably there would be some issue that prevented it from being the one. After months of searching, we finally ended up at the Clearwater Hyatt. And finally, we found the perfect place that met all of our needs. Meeting our wedding planner, Roseli, was the icing on the cake. I had many misgivings about arranging the wedding all on my own. Roseli guided us every step of the way. She answered my emails promptly and gave us valuable advice and suggestions. She took care of hundreds of small details so I didn’t have to.
    The ceremony was on the Sky Terrace. Words cannot describe how beautiful the ocean looked from the 16th floor at sunset. My daughter had the beauty of the beach without the disadvantages of being on a public beach, i.e. walking through the sand and uninvited guests. The reception was held in the Bellaire ballroom. It has a private balcony for the cocktail hour with sea breezes and a view of the ocean. The food was amazing and everyone complimented us on it. But most importantly to me, was that Roseli made sure that everything was perfect so I could relax and enjoy it.
    So save yourself some time looking for the venue. The Hyatt has it all.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 12
    Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 13
    Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 14
    Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 15

So far, the planning has been going well. My big concern is that the coordinator I originally had has left the hotel and now I have a new coordinator for my July wedding. I sent her an email covering all of the details and I just pray that everything goes as planned.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Julie · Married on 10/17/2015

The staff was very efficient and caring! Very professional. They helped us with every need and want!

Sent on 10/18/2015

The hotel was amazing in accommodating myself and my fiancé's needs and desires for our special day. It really put me at ease, since we were planning everything from a different state!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding coordinator at the Hyatt was Lindsey and I can not say enough good things about her. From the day I became interested in the property Lindsey worked with us in picking our date, the location of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, the food/drink packages, and even hotel accommodations for our guests. Lindsey ran the rehearsal and on the day of the event made sure the ballroom was set up the way we had talked about. There is no need to hire another day of coordinator at this property- Lindsey and her team does it all! This hotel is truly a 5-star resort and you will receive 5-star service is you decide to book here.

Our ceremony was on the 16th floor- they sky terrace, which was absolutely beautiful. The cocktail hour was in the caladesi room, which has a small indoor area, but a nice large balcony for guests to enjoy the breath taking views. The reception was in the Aquaela Ballroom, which was large enough for walking space, a large dance floor, 14 tables, and 2 bars! The Hyatt is a bit pricey, but in the wedding industry you sometimes pay for what you get. However, they will work with you by cutting food out to reduce cost, so explore your options.

Finally, the service at the reception lead by captain, Erin, was second to none. They honestly did a phenomenal job ensuring the food buffet was set up correctly, tables were called to get their food, drinks were full, and guests were happy. They fully catered to us, the bride and groom, by bringing us food to eat and drinks from the bar. I would recommend this venue to anyone! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Keith · Married on 10/19/2013

The Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach is a magnificent venue for a wedding! We could not have asked for anything more! Our experience with the staff was a tale of two vastly different experiences. The event staff are trained to take your money. Once we figured this out, we changed tactics. We planned our own event, rented out a gorgeous suite with roof-top patio and had our ceremony out there. The Concierge and hotel staff accomodated our every need! They were fantastic! This is not an inexpensive venue, no matter how you do your wedding. But you cannot ask for a more beautiful beach side venue or a more gracious staff! We highly recommend!

Rita & Keith

Sent on 10/24/2013

Candy · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Clearwater Beach in May 2013. The ceremony was on the Sky Terrace and the views and set up were beautiful. We had the cocktail hour in the Beach Club and reception in the Belleaire Room. Everything was set up how we imagined.
    I cannot say enough nice things about Mallori and the entire staff with the exception of our bartender. Mallori always made herself available to answer all of our questions and to make sure we had everything we needed. She is just fabulous!
    The food was amazing - we are still hearing how much everyone enjoyed the food. We were told by more than one person that it was the best filet mignon they ever had.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/11/2012

The food tasted great, the view is beautiful and everyone was awesome.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Tom · Married on 10/10/2015

We used the smaller Bellair Room for our reception. It was a nice venue with separate space for cocktails and dinner, with access to the outdoor patio to view the sunset. Lindsey was great to work with and very accommodating. Their prices are a little high but the quality of the food was excellent.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Dayna · Married on 11/21/2010

the staff was unbelievably helpful. Our wedding on the rooftop terrace was (unbiased) one of the most beautiful weddings we have ever seen! The views, the grounds, everything was perfect! I would recommend this Hyatt to anyone planning a wedding or vacation. From the food, to the hospitality, we were never let down.

Sent on 01/09/2011

Lindsey and Megan were fantastic! They were very attentive and made sure our big day happened without any issues. We would recommend this venue based on the beautiful location as well as great food and service we received. Thank you!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 03/13/2011

Beautiful location and a great staff

Sent on 01/07/2012

Aleshia · Married on 10/02/2010

The catering manager, Jennifer Payne, is truly a bride's Godsend. She is amazing and so extremely helpful! She helped me in a very timely manner, every step of the way. The customer service and beauty of the resort is like none-other. Walking into this resort compared to other venues is like a breath of fresh air!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Rhea · Married on 10/17/2015

3.5

Overall the wedding experience was amazing. We were disappointed in the audio portion of the ceremony, but nothing could ruin a perfect day anointed by God! Thanks Capri and Megan for everything. You all were great!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Erica · Married on 05/29/2011

We got married on the Sky Terrace, which was ridiculous. The views were insane and gorgeous. It was quite hot, though we had no guests complaints, but you are on a roof that has been in the sun for hours before you get there, so it's a little understandable :)

Very beautiful, needed very little decoration, which is awesome for an out of town bride!

It is hard not to feel like a little fish in a big sea at the Hyatt though. Our wedding was only 75 people and we were only using the space for the ceremony, so sometimes you felt like your party wasn't as significant as maybe another party was when it came to early check in for the bride and groom, and special treament, there was no complimentary meal or anything for being the bride and groom and paying for the the room for our wedding night. You were just treated like any other guest. I guess if someone were paying me to host their wedding ceremony, I would try to make them feel a little more special.

During the ceremony, they were very flexible, we had to push the wedding back 30 minutes due to traffic and they were perfectly fine with that. Jennifer Payne was a wonderful help always wanting to accomidate me prior to the wedding.

Beautiful resort! Wonderful venue! Highly recommend the 16th floor Sky Terrace, I might recommend using their reception services as well so that your guests don't have to park there for the ceremony and then move for the reception. A beautiful one stop shop!

Sent on 06/14/2011
  • User2619608 · 2+ years ago

Rooms are overpriced, make sure you bring your own wedding planner, and get everything in writing. Otherwise, this is a spectacular venue for a wedding...best in the area as far as location and beauty. Make sure Raphael and Nickolas (managers) are involved, and request Erin (server) for any of your functions with food/beverage. They are outstanding!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Steph · Married on 04/28/2012

3.5

We originally signed our contract with Jennifer Payne and were really excited about working with her. When we heard she was leaving, we were a little nervous. We shouldn't have been. Ashley Succow and her team are fabulous and did a wonderful job with our event. Ashley was incredibly organized and on the ball. She worked a lot with us to make sure our whole weekend went smoothly, from welcome bags to the day after brunch. The most important thing was that though things didn't go as we had planned thanks to an unexpected thunderstorm, Ashley handled everything behind the scenes so that the guests who didn't know the original plan, had no idea anything had been changed. All of our guests raved about the service at the Hyatt, and how much fun they had at the event, and Ashley was a huge part of making sure that all of that happened. She was incredible and I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful and memorable event on Clearwater Beach.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Alicia · Married on 06/14/2017

4.2

Beautiful reception site. My outside venue had to be moved inside. More beautiful than I could have imagined it out doors. The storm rolled by and we still were married outside between two palms with a perfect sunset! The staff was amazing and pulled it all together in the end!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa's reply:

We are so glad to hear that even though your event had to be moved due to mother nature, it was still a success. Our team is proud we could be a part of your beautiful wedding!

Stephanie · Married on 07/23/2011

4.2
      3.5

Overall, our wedding was beautiful. The staff was very nice. Unfortunately, we had to stay on top of the details more than we should have or they would have been forgotten. We received a few bills before it reflected what our bill was supposed to be (and then still we got another), our Hyatt gold points still hasn’t been credited correctly, and during the planning, we had to keep reminding of the details, some of which were still missed. But I must reiterate, the day of was beautiful, the staff was very nice, and they did make some gestures to make up for our troubles. We would have loved to have given them 5 on everything but didn’t feel we could.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Tiffani · Married on 11/04/2011

3.4
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

As my husband and I searched the beaches for our perfect location we must of been to 10+ places, when our search finally stopped at the Hyatt Clearwater Beach. When I first took glance of the sky terrace I knew right away that was were I wanted to be married.
    I went home and started doing my research.... I saw review after review after review of how great Jennifer Payne was, and that ultimately made my decision final. We chose to go with the Hyatt, and I was so excited to work with Jennifer.
    The reason this review is so low(which I feel terrible about) is MAINLY because of the fact that I barely got to work with Jennifer at all... I kept asking my husband, why in the word were the reviews so good for her, she would take her time getting back to me, and I had to continuously contact her. She never made an attempt to contact me about anything! So finally it was a few weeks out from my wedding and I had my husband call, because I was just so frustrated that I was not being contacted. I was so lost at what still needed done... My husband called me back, with that oh my gosh im so scared voice... and he said "baby please don't freak out, but tomorrow is Jennifers last day". Yup last day. How would I had found out if he wouldn't have called? Who knows. I understand people make changes and move on, just turned out to be bad timing for me....
    Andrea ended up taking the place of Jennifer and helping with our wedding. She was a great help and it would have been nice to work with her the whole time. You could tell weddings wasn't really her favorite thing to do, but regardless she was still a great help and very apologetic about what happened.

I want to reiterate the fact that the only reason I gave a 3.4 was because of what we went through, and im sure that was all just the timing. Other than that the Hyatt location was great, the people we did get to work with were great, and the food was amazing.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Jamie · Married on 05/26/2017

0.4
      0.5

I had the worse experience, first they bait in switch people. They also don't care about your wedding after they received your money. The night prior to my weeding my finance was suppose to have a regular room for 249 a night at a check out at 4pm the day of our wedding. They decided to upgrade him to a suite that was 599 and kick him out at noon the day of the wedding. The upgrade was free supposedly however I still got charged. Friday my husband had no wear to get ready they stuck him a cabana by the pool with no shower. Meanwhile charged my card 6,900 that weekend when I already paid 14,000 for the wedding

Sent on 06/26/2017