Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa Reviews

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 5
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 6
Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa 7

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2012

The Hyatt was the first venue that I looked at in my search. Nothing else could compare to this hotel. The rooms are amazing with every single room being a mini suite and a beach/water view. Throughout the entire process the event coordinator was very helpful and informative. I love how there are no secrets. They told me everything up front that I would be responsible for. Everyone working there is very professional and had many years of experience. My family and friends are still talking about how great the food and service was at the wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Paige · Married on 06/22/2012

We just had our wedding on June 22 at the Hyatt in Clearwater, and it could not have been a better experience! We had a very small wedding of only 16 people, and they couldn't have treated us better. The food was amazing, the resort is beautiful, and Mallori Skipper couldn't have been nicer to work with! The rooms were a little high in price, but the resort was beautiful, and worth the cost. The cost of the wedding and reception dinner I thought was very reasonable, particularly for a very small wedding like we had. I do not have a single negative thing to say about this resort or its employees!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2012

I knew since we lived by the beach and that we both wanted to get married at the beach that as soon as we got engaged we needed to start looking. We weren't that impressed with many of the venues and some were just not quite right. However as soon as I met Mallori and she gave me a tour of the Hyatt I knew it was perfect. I had been looking for a venue for the ceremony portion that could be outside but then move inside for the reception with access to the outside. The Belleair room was perfect for us and was everything we had been searching for! The sky Terrace was great for our ceremony since you had nothing but ocean views without the mess of the sand. Everyone that we dealt with during our planning were amazing!! Ashley Succow and Cory Wilkerson made everything so simple and easy. They put up with my Fiance constantly questioning the money making sure he got the best value and wasn't over paying;0) Ashley was with us every step of the way and made sure that everything the day of went super smooth. She helped us plan a custom buffet for cocktail hour and dinner. She worked with us on the bar and the timeline of the evening making sure that everything flowed. Not a thing to my knowledge went wrong that evening. I did find out later from a friend that some people tried to sneak in to the reception, they had them quickly removed and placed another employee on guard outside. Everyone from the front guest staff, catering staff, to the pool and restaurant staff went above and beyond. My fiance and I have already decided that each year on our anniversary the Hyatt is where we will go back to think about our amazing day!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Brie · Married on 04/09/2011

The Hyatt Clearwater was AMAZING!!! We got married in a local church and used them as our reception spot. I cannot say enough about Jennifer Payne, the coordinator over there. We were originally on the fence about hiring a "day of" coordinator and Jennifer assured us that she would take care of everything. She went above and beyond for us and was fantastic. She knew every little detail of the wedding and made our day so stress-free. The staff there is phenomenal and they really strive to make it an enjoyable experience for you and your guests. The hotel itself is breathtaking and elegant and we received nothing but wonderful comments from our guests. We are so happy that we decided to use the Hyatt as our venue and we would not have changed one single thing. The atmosphere, service, food...everything was 100% perfect!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Jean · Married on 03/12/2011

There is nothing negative to say. Jennifer Payne is knowledgeable, professional and accomodating. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had planning a function. I would not hesitate to use this venue again.

Sent on 03/15/2011

Jeannette · Married on 03/06/2011

The Hyatt was amazing because of Jennifer Payne, if you are planning your wedding and want a beautiful place to have it. Than this is the place. Jennifer goes above and beyond her duties to make your day amazing. I also highly recomend using her list of vendors for your event.

Sent on 03/13/2011

Sokha · Married on 10/30/2010

Working with the management team and staff at the Hyatt was a wonderful experience. Their professionalism and kindness made for an enjoyable planning process for my myself and the bride/groom. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2010

The Hyatt was an amazing location for our wedding, which we wanted to have a beach vibe, but without being on the beach. We were able to get married on an outdoor terrace with views of the Gulf and the Harbor. The ceremony site was so beautiful. For our reception, we had a casual ballroom feel with availability to an outdoor terrace for our guests and ofcourse, gorgeous views of the Gulf. I can't say how beautiful the location was- perfect for a wedding. As far as the service went, we worked with a great team. I worked with Jennifer Payne for a year, and I fell in love with her. She is so sweet and wonderful and worked really hard to make our wedding amazing and work with in our budget, which was a huge feat. We really appreciated her attention to detail and for dealing with our constant emails and calls from both the bride and groom and parents all asking the same thing. On the night of, she helped to run everything perfectly and everything went off without a hitch! The food was amazing as well, and the wait staff was so attentive- they even knew our ring bearer by name and checked on him constantly!!! We also stayed there for 3 nights after, and the room was beautiful and the hotel staff was super nice. I couldn't be happier with the services at the Hyatt, and can not wait to stay there again soon! I would recommend them to everyone who wants the feel of a beach meets city trendy wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Peter · Married on 10/10/2010

Jennifer was the BEST!!! We will remember the entire week and especially Liz's wedding day forever thanks to Jen.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Brooke · Married on 10/08/2010

It was great working with Jennifer, We could not be any happier.. :)

Joel & Brooke Hatley

Sent on 10/17/2010

Adrienne · Married on 10/04/2010

Fantastic location, and all the guests were amazed with the views and roof top ceremony. Jennifer Payne was our co-ordinator and she was the absolute best. Would reccomend Jennifer at the Hyatt to anyone who wants the perfect wedding!!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Bridget · Married on 09/11/2010

Wonderful, perfect venue. Beautiful view from Belleair Room. Excellent staff across the board. I have no complaints! Completely satisfied!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Annie · Married on 08/21/2010

Jennifer Payne and her staff were just wonderful and highly recommended

Sent on 09/01/2010

Naomi · Married on 07/11/2010

Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach's 16th floor rooftop terrace was the perfect spot for us. It is already so beautiful and provides expansive views so you do not need to do much decoration at all (we opted to do party string lighting up above across the dance floor). The terraces and in-ground hot tub add so much character to this terrace also.

Jennifer Payne was our coordinator at the hotel and she was very warm and cheerful each time we met with her. She provided a list of select vendors that the hotel trusts will take care of the client well. Plus, upon contacting various vendors, they all know Jennifer from working with her before and they were very pleased to be working with her again.

Sent on 08/06/2010

James · Married on 07/04/2010

Jennifer and the Hyatt Clearwater Beach Resort did a top notch job from start till finish.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Gina · Married on 05/08/2010

The long and short of it is that Jennifer Payne is fantastic. There was a problem, the a/c broke and the staff didn’t communicate with Jennifer so it was pretty stressful as we found out 2 hours prior to the ceremony. It could have been horrible, but Jennifer turned a bad thing into something great. The hotel is beautiful, the food was amazing-we ended up changing a few things around because of the a/c issue, but all in all, would not have changed a thing-so glad we chose the Hyatt regency Clearwater Beach!

Sent on 05/24/2010

jeremy · Married on 03/07/2010

Jennifer Payne is the ultimate professional and is integral part of a fantastic team at the Clearwater Beach Hyatt. Jennifer not only made our wedding possible but her various connections in the local area made our wedding extra special. She put us in contact with the right photographers, event co-ordinators, caterers and DJ's and then helped us coordinate the wedding and the events before and after the ceremony. She is flexible, incredibly knowledgeable and a terrific woman to partner with. P.s - she also made the weather perfect on the day

Sent on 06/11/2010

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Hyatt Clearwater! We planned a destination wedding (from PA) and hosted a weekend of events all at the Hyatt for over 100 guests - we couldn't have been happier with the process and how everything turned out. We had a welcome reception for all the guests the day before the wedding on the Caledesi Terrace, our rehearsal dinner at the Shor restaurant, our wedding on the Sky Terrace with reception in the big ballroom, and brunch the next day at Shor. Lindsey was an amazing coordinator to work with. She was able to provide recommendations on vendors (who all turned out to be amazing), answered all of the questions I had promptly, and had a lot of good suggestions and ideas to make every little thing I wanted to do work. On the day of the wedding we also had no stress knowing that she was coordinating everything and didn't have to worry.

The Hyatt itself is a beautiful hotel with huge rooms with full kitchens. All of our guests were impressed with the accommodations and loved the hotel overall. All of the food we had from the Hyatt catering was SO GOOD! From the apps at the welcome reception and cocktail hour, to our plated dinners at Shor and at the reception, none of the food here is bad.

Planning a wedding from out of state couldn't have been any easier thanks to Lindsey. We actually booked our wedding here before even visiting in person, just on pictures/reviews/talking with Lindsey/etc, and then we did end up visiting twice. You wouldn't necessarily need to but since we had the ability to take weekend trips we did - once in the beginning to see all the spaces and explore the area, and then once 5 months before to do a tasting and meet with some other vendors.

All of the staff were so great in making the day perfect and making us feel like such a big deal. Our wedding ended up being the amazing party we knew it was going to be but somehow even better and more fun than we could have imagined.

Sent on 05/03/2016

I am beyond happy about choosing the Hyatt for my wedding. Lindsey Sikes the wedding coordinator was so helpful and made the planning process so easy for me. I didn't need a wedding planner because she guided me and helped me find all the best vendors to make my wedding go smoothly and with amazing expertise. The hotel staff was so helpful and attentive to anything we needed the whole night. The food was good, everyone loved their hotel rooms, just everything was perfect. I highly recommend the Hyatt for a wedding! I had my ceremony on the sky terrace and my cocktail hour/reception in the Belleair and beach club rooms. The views are breath-taking and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Leslie · Married on 01/05/2013

We were from MN and planned our whole wedding online. Everyone here was exceptional!!! Mallori and the staff were such a big help in making our day so very special:). It really was a fairytale wedding with their assistance.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2012

We planned a destination wedding, so much trust was placed in our vendors and venue. We were concerned initially when by wedding planner was switched halfway through, but ASHLEY WAS AWESOME!!! Very organized, easy going and easy to work with. Ashley and Mallori were phenomenal! I was continually impressed by the service and staff! The food was AWESOME. The wedding food was even better than the tasting. The Hyatt made the wedding weekend and wedding planning a relaxing and fun experience. Ashley is the best and we are so happy we had the opportunity to work with her. The Hyatt recommended our vendors and they were great as well. Nate in front desk management at the Hyatt is wonderful, and very personable The weekend of my wedding was flawless thanks to the hard work and organization of Ashley S. I have been to and helped with many weddings and this was by far the most organized and efficient venue to work with.

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 05/05/2012

We held both our ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort one month ago. Our ceremony was located on the 16th floor Sky Terrace which provided absolutely stunning views, and our reception followed later that evening in the Aqualea ballroom. I would HIGHLY recommended looking into the Hyatt Clearwater Beach as a wedding venue location. It's the perfect location for couples like us who want to get married near the beach, but not necessarily "on" the beach (though they do offer a beach ceremony location). The staff was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process and the wedding day ran very smoothly! Our guests raved about the hotel itself and really enjoyed the large, beautiful rooms and the pool (and incredible views!). We also were able to provide our guests with a Sunday Breakfast buffet the morning after the wedding which was again done beautifully and allowed us extra time to spend with guests after the wedding madness :) Also, the food was DELICIOUS and tasted just as good as it did during our tasting. The Hyatt blew away all of the other venue locations that we looked at and I would recommend them a million times over!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Estrella · Married on 04/21/2012

We had looked at so many venues before finding the Hyatt. It was exactly what we wanted for our destination wedding. Everything is so nice and updated, which can be difficult to find in Florida. And we wanted to have our cocktail hour and rehearsal dinner outside and they had the perfect location overlooking the water. The food was great, the staff was great (the prices were high) but totally worth it!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Leanne · Married on 07/16/2011

The overall experience was wonderful! Jennifer Payne and her staff did an outstanding job with all the details. The food and beverage service was top notch and my guests had an awesome time.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2011

Jennifer Payne is the "go to" gal at the Hyatt. She is amazing. I had a destination wedding and naturally was nervous since I had no choice other than to leave my wedding in the hands of other people that I had never met. However, Jennifer assured me everythign would be perfect and she didn't miss a beat. Everything was taken care of and was perfection! The food at my wedding was out of this world. My guests are still talking about it! The staff was great to both me and my guests. If I had to do it all over I would in a heartbeat and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 05/18/2011