Hutson and the FX Project Reviews

18 | Schaumburg, IL

18 Reviews for Hutson and the FX Project

Meghan · Married on 05/27/2017

Hiring Hutson and the FX Project was the best wedding decision we could have made! Not only are they a knowledgeable band, but they are EXTREMELY talented, and play a wide variety of genres! They will even learn new songs and execute them perfectly! EVERY ONE of our guests raved about how amazing and FUN the band is. From the acoustics pre ceremony, cocktail hour, and a jam packed dance floor, Hutson and the FX Project made our wedding day absolutely incredible and so much fun! I can not say enough good things about this band, please do yourself a favor, stop searching, and hire this band! From beyonce to stevie wonder, they do it all! Thank you so so much for the best party we could have imagined! You guys ROCK!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/24/2016

Booking Hutson and the FX Project as our wedding band is the best decision we could have made for our entertainment. The dance floor was packed all night, the setlist was perfect, they were flexible with our schedule, learned new songs for us, and they even let us sing a tune with them! We received compliments all night from our guests about how wonderful they were. Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Blake · Married on 09/24/2016

Words cannot describe how impressed my wife and I were with Hutson and the FX Project! To this day, our friends and family that attended the wedding have raved about how great they were. They did a great job of emceeing and played an amazing playlist that we worked together with the band on. The songs they learned for our wedding were phenomenal as well. I'm still thinking of ways that I can get them to play an event for me because it was so enjoyable working with this group!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Caleb · Married on 08/27/2016

These guys are incredible! Highly suggested for anyone's wedding. They can do it all! They are incredible musicians, and MC'd the night perfectly!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Bridget · Married on 08/27/2016

Hutson and the FX Project made our wedding day so special. They truly were amazing. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how awesome they were. 10/10!!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Megan · Married on 12/31/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about this group! I'm a classically trained singer and was nervous about finding a band that would be good and play a huge variety of music. I found it in Hutson and the FX Project! They can play EVERYTHING, but more importantly, they can play everything well. I really appreciated the sound files on their website - that's truly what they sound like! They learned some first dance songs for me at no charge, and they were incredibly easy to work with and very responsive. My friends and family are still talking about how good they were. They made my wedding an incredible experience, and I would encourage anyone considering booking them to do so.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Lance · Married on 10/23/2015

We were extremely concerned about hiring "the right entertainment" for not only is, but our guests. With our wedding being a destination wedding we wanted to make sure our guests were impressed from start to finish. We had contacted a few other bands but none were like Hutson & the FX Project. My wife was the one to make first contact and they responded to her immediately and took care of everything she wanted. After that happened, I had zero doubts about hiring any other band. I wish I could hire this band every weekend. Every single guest made a comment about what an awesome time they had and how wonderful the band was. Those two things go hand in hand. It was definitely money well spent.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Chris · Married on 06/06/2015

Best possible addition to our wedding. HIRE THEM!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Kayce · Married on 06/05/2015

Thank you Hutson and the FX Project for playing at our wedding! We cannot believe how incredibly talented you all were and EVERYONE at the wedding talked about your amazingness!!! Thank you especially to Kevin, who met with us several times and also gave us a great deal! We could not picture our wedding day without you guys there!! ROCK ON!

Sent on 07/08/2015

The band was professional and kept the event moving. The music was very well rehearsed and sounded great! Everyone I spoke with complimented the band. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/30/2015
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 05/15/2015

We absolutely loved working with Hutson and the FX Project! The band was incredibly helpful and flexible throughout all of the planning and day of coordination of our wedding. They helped us so much with choosing a set list, setting up playlists of songs to play during the ceremony, dinner, and band breaks, and mc'ing all of the entrances, speeches, and first dances. We didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding, and to us, that was amazing! We have received nothing but compliments from guests about how much fun they had and how amazing the band was. Many of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, and I know my husband and I barely left it ourselves. If we had to plan our wedding all over, we would definitely choose Hutson and the FX Project again and again!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Angie · Married on 05/15/2015

Hutson and the FX Project played at my daughter's wedding, and they were phenomenal! The wedding party and guests were on the dance floor the entire time. The selection of music was outstanding, and covered every genre of music. Every guest commented how great the music was as they were leaving the wedding, and 3 weeks later I am still receiving compliments on the band! I would definitely want to choose this band again...if only we had another wedding to plan! They were amazing.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Keith · Married on 10/05/2014

We have been to many weddings but the quality of this band from voice to instrumentalists was outstanding. The mix of music had the dance floor full all night. So professional and easy to work with, great musicisions all.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Brad · Married on 10/05/2014

The level of talent this group has is incredible. They are flexible and provide entertainment that everyone will enjoy. We couldn't get people off the dance floor at our wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Glenn · Married on 07/14/2014

If you are deciding between hiring a DJ and hiring a band for your wedding, then stop pondering and hire this band! Hutston and the FX Project were the perfect wedding band. They had great energy, picked just the right tunes, and kept the party going all night. We got married months ago, but friends and family still talk to us about how phenomenal the band was. On top of their superb musicianship, they were all extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them to make your wedding reception especially memorable and fun.

Sent on 09/16/2014

My first encounter with Hutson and the FX Project was at one of my best friend’s weddings in July 2014. I’m always a little nervous seeing a live band at a wedding, because while they are usually good with the classics, they just aren’t able keep up with current music the way a DJ can. However, this band was different: they were able to flawlessly play everything from Journey to the Black Keys and even Pharrell! Everyone agrees there is nothing quite like live music, and with a band as versatile and talented as Hutson and the FX Project you won’t have to choose between the classics or new hit music, while still getting the energy that comes with a great live band."
    - Alex, July 2014, Chicago, IL

Sent on 09/30/2014

Kim · Married on 07/05/2014

Hutson and the FX Project played at my daughter's wedding reception and they were awesome. The band had the dance floor packed all night. Family and friends are still commenting on how much fun the band was. We couldn't have asked for a better band. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/12/2014

tc · Married on 06/16/2018

They were an incredible and FUN band at our Fundraising Gala in June, 2018. Highly recommended! Your guests will be dancing! They were also professional and efficient from a business standpoint and easy to work with :)

Sent on 06/22/2018