Hurricane Productions Reviews

64 | Red Bank, NJ

64 Reviews for Hurricane Productions

Amy · Married on 07/10/2015

We used Hurricane Productions for our DJ/entertainment, lighting, photos, and video, and they were nothing short of spectacular. Using Hurricane for all three of their major services made planning our wedding a breeze, and took a ton of stress out of the event. We received the highest quality service and attention from Vincent and Strato, which was noticed and appreciated not only by us, but also by our guests. We had Mike and Kara, our photographers, following us all day as we got ready, and they even came along with us to the Point Pleasant boardwalk for some great shots of us playing games with our bridal party. Mike and Kara took some beautiful artistic shots of all of our details, and captured all of our important moments throughout the day – from giving gifts to our moms, to our “first reveal,” and spending a few moments together before the ceremony. Our videographer, Corinne, was so creative and took a beautiful shot of us walking down the pier outside of our venue, as well as some really awesome shots of our personalized Converse when we were dancing. Our DJ, Strato, provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and he was “on point” with everything. Strato worked really hard to customize all of our playlists to my exact specificities, from the “must” plays, to the “maybe” plays and the “don’t at all” plays. Vincent was our MC, and he had SO much energy and enthusiasm, and made our event so personal for us. We are still getting complements on how Hurricane was the best entertainment provider any of our guests had ever seen, and I would highly recommend them for ANY event!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Julie · Married on 06/20/2015

Vincent, Strato, and their team are the best! We used them for three services: DJ & MC, lighting, and video. They provided the music for a friend's wedding three years ago and we knew then that we would have to have them at ours. Our guests did not sit down unless they were eating, which is exactly what we wanted. They played a variety of music all night which got everyone on the dance floor no matter what music you prefer. Their online planning tool makes it super easy to let them know what kind of music you would like played and what kind of music you do not want played (ie. line dances, particular genres, specific songs). They outline your whole reception from the bridal party entrances, first dances, dinner music, cake cutting, bouquet/garter tosses, the last song, and anything else you want to include or exclude! From our first meeting with the Hurricane team we knew they were the right fit for our wedding. We also used them for lighting and videography and they were very flexible with pricing when we booked them for all of those services. Even just their music packages are reasonable. They have a ton of add-on's you can book as well like using Instagram to print photos, screens throughout the room, monograms, etc. They have a vimeo channel if you want to see their videos too. We could not have been happier with Hurricane Productions. Anyone looking for a team to keep your guests happy and on the dance floor - this is your vendor!

Sent on 07/07/2015

David · Married on 06/14/2015

Hurrican Productions was great. Vincent was excellent to work with as was his partner Strato. They did an amazing job making our day memorable. My partner picked out all the music he wanted and Vincent was very accomodating in making sure it was arranged the way we wanted. Music is the best part of any wedding and judging by everyone on the dance floor, I would say it was a success.

Thanks VIncent, you guys are great!!!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Erica · Married on 05/31/2015

Vinny and his crew did an amazing job for our wedding! They had everyone dancing all night long.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/17/2015

Hurricane Productions is an absolute PLEASURE to work with!! They are incredibly talented, flexible, professional, knowledgeable and all over AMAZING, wonderful people to work with! Hurricane has DJ'd at a charitable event for many years, and when it was time to book a DJ for our wedding, we knew it had to be Hurricane! They became friends throughout the entire process! They helped guide us through everything, answered my crazy questions at all hours, were incredibly reasonable in price, and incredibly attentive to detail! Vincent and Strato were amazing at the event! The whole party danced the entire time! There was not a song we didn't like! They played my eclectic list of songs, and never was there a "cliche wedding song" moment. They also designed lighting with our theme and our names on the TV screens which also showed photos - it was SPECTACULAR! they have soo many innovative and different options, but do not pressure you into anything. The lighting in the room was soft but PERFECT!! Everyone loved them and we hated for the event to be over! The professionalism, dedication and superiority of this business is above any other!! I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 11/08/2014

If I could give Hurricane Productions more than 5 stars I would! Their professionalism, creativity, and ability to get everyone up out of their seats to have a good time cannot be matched. Vinny and Strato were easy to work with and kept the party going at our wedding from the first song to the very last dance. We also used Hurricane for our videography and Kara was there all day with us (in the cold!!)making sure everthing was captured. My husband and I cannot recommend them enough and are so happy we had Hurricane with us throughout our big day :)

Sent on 11/21/2014

Val · Married on 10/11/2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Hurricane Productions, their work as well as the staff! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and made our planning process so easy through their online system that was personalized to us with our own log in and planning tools. We were a destination couple coming from Texas to our wedding in New Jersey and they made the process very smooth, reminded us when we needed to add certain information to our planning tools, and even skyped with us when we couldn't meet in person. Julia was wonderful with us through our whole process! Dan was a great emcee and really paid attention to details and checked in with us throughout the night to make sure everything was going as we wanted. I couldn't be happier with our music the night of! Our DJ Strato kept people on the floor all night and played the perfect music at the perfect time and made sure to include everything we wanted! We are absolutely thrilled with our experience and would recommend Hurricane Productions to everyone!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I first saw Hurricane Productions at a friend's wedding back in October. By the end of the night, we were sold and knew that we needed them for our wedding. The staff was wonderful to work with during the whole planning process. We originally were only looking for music, but they also offered a videographer package as well. Their pricing was extremely reasonable! They met with us at our convenience and their online planning website made it all super easy. Julia was wonderful and responded to my emails and questions so quickly. At the wedding, Vincent and Strato did an amazing job on the night of our wedding. The dance floor was packed the whole night, playing a mix of everything we asked for. They were extremely flexible during all of the speeches throughout the night. Everyone had a great time! I would definitely recommend to anyone! We can't wait to see all of our video footage :)

Sent on 07/28/2014

Amy · Married on 02/28/2014

We can't say enough good things about Hurricane Productions. Every aspect of our experience with them was 100% positive. Leading up to our wedding we had a couple of consultations with them and they were very attentive and guided us through the process. Any time we had questions or comments we sent an email and Julia responded almost immediately. They were really easy to work with throughout, and we felt confident that we had nothing to worry about leading up to the wedding. When the time came, they were even better than we ever could have imagined. Strato's mix was UNBELIEVABLE. We had only given him a sampling of some songs we liked but he totally understood the vibe we were going for and put together an amazing set of music. Our dance floor was literally packed all night--we never knew our families could party that hard! Vincent was of course excellent in MCing as well, getting the crowd pumped up without being too in-your-face.

Overall, we truly couldn't have been happier with our experience with Hurricane and we can't recommend them highly enough. They're a big enough company to do a very professional job, but they're a small enough company that they still really care about each individual customer and it shows. Thank you to Strato, Vincent and Julia for helping to make our wedding so special!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Alyssa · Married on 11/09/2013

My husband & I signed on to work with Hurricane Productions in September 2012. From the very beginning they were extremely accommodating and easy to work with. For the next 14 months they were attentive, easy to reach, & knowledgeable. They helped us plan out the perfect timeline for our reception, making sure that everything ran as smoothly as possible. It is extremely evident how much experience they have by the way they guided us through our meetings, always offering their advice and suggests but always, ultimately, letting us make the final decisions.
    One Saturday, everyone was punctual and right on time. The photographers were extremely professional but also a lot of fun to work with. The videographers were always rolling, catching all our big and little moments. And our guests were on their feet dancing the entire night!
    The uplighting was absolutely gorgeous and took the ballroom to a completely different level. We also went with their "Instagram to Screen" package, complete with our own instagram hashtag. We all had a ton of fun watching everyone's pictures pop up on the screens through out the night. Definitely a big hit!
    Finally, I loved the way their online website works. We were able to customize our entire wedding (timeline, requests, key events) right from home which made it much easier to go over everything in our meetings. Also, with the option to pay and view your invoice online, we were always on top of our payments. It is an extremely organize system that I LOVED using during the planning process.
    Overall, Hurricane Productions is a fantastic company to work that loves what they do. Every step of the way I could tell that they genuinely cared about us and the turn out of our wedding. I'm going to miss working with them and would recommend them to every couple out there. They're a pleasure to work with and make this entire process, which can often become stressful and overwhelming, so much easier and fun.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Ryan · Married on 11/09/2013

Hurricane Productions has been with us since the beginning. They graciously helped me set up my proposal over 2 and a half years ago at Rutgers Dance Marathon, and we stuck with them for our wedding using their DJ and photography services. If they can keep a crowd going nonstop for 32 hours during the Rutgers Dance Marathon Event, a wedding is a cakewalk for them. The energy they exude is unrivaled. Our guests cannot stop talking about how incredible and entertaining our wedding was thanks to the DJs. The photographers and videographers were incredibly friendly, talented, and fun to work with and we cannot wait to see the end results of the shots and videos. The Instagram feature was brilliant and everyone used it. We're very pleased that we added that feature to our package. We couldn't be happier with Hurricane Productions and are so thankful for all that they've done, especially with last-minute requests we made. They were able to accommodate with no issues. Everything was absolutely perfect thanks to them, and we'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Tara · Married on 10/26/2013

Hurricane Productions and it's entire staff provided a stellar wedding for us! Everyone was so helpful and genuine. They personalized the experience so much for us and really contributed to making our wedding such a beautiful night.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2013

Hurricane Productions made the process so easy and enjoyable, which is difficult when planning a wedding. Everything down to the very last details were perfect and people are still complimenting! We have friends who will be using them for their upcoming wedding as well and I can't wait to see the crew again!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Erin · Married on 10/13/2013

Working with Hurricane was a dream. From start to finish they provided everything I wanted and more. Julia was great to work with by email in planning because I was always able to get in touch with her even when I wasn't expecting to hear from her quickly because I would think of something randomly late at night, she would still answer me to let me know she got the email and would work on whatever it was the next day. It was so great. It felt like such a personalized experience because of how closely she worked with us through the whole thing. As it got closer we worked with our whole team so much that because Strato knew that my husband is a graphic designer he worked with him directly to include his ideas and opinions through the whole planning of our name in lights monogram. Our planning meetings with everyone to go over things were great. We got things done but it didn't feel rushed or anything. Clearly they cared about us and what we wanted so they wanted to make sure they spent the time necessary to go over everything we needed to. Most importantly they understood our overall idea for what we wanted for our day. We just wanted a fun party that would keep people dancing and they def provided that atmosphere. They kept our dance floor completely full the ENTIRE night. Vince was great with keeping the energy up with our guests and with just making some guests feel special. They had done my sweet sixteen so he went and made sure he talked to my mom at one point and she really appreciated that he took the time to do that.
    Kara and Nick were great with the pictures they kept everyone comfortable while posing and got great shots. They also worked extra hard to get a sparkler shot that I wanted extremely bad and seeing it the next day made me so happy I almost cried.
    All in all through the whole process I knew that I was in good hands with the guys at Hurricane and would be taken care of because they really care about the people they do events for.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2013

Vincent, Strato and Julia were all amazing. They helped us through every step of the planning process and always making sure there wasn't anything extra we needed. When we weren't sure about something they offered great advice. We had Vincent and Strato at our wedding and they really helped to create the party atmosphere we were hoping for. Everyone was out on the dance floor having an amazing time!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Dan · Married on 10/05/2013

Vinnie, Strato, and Julia were very easy to work with. They were on top of everything. They were the ones that were reaching out to us to keep us on schedule with everything. That was a relief to have them keeping us on schedule and relieving the stress of the wedding planning process. They were very flexible with our meetings, as well as doing what we wanted to do with the music for the reception/ceremony. They gave us valuable information which helped us to decide song length, and times to play certain songs. Their online system makes it very easy to keep track of the music that we wanted played at the wedding. They made a beautiful wedding logo design that was displayed. The best part of working with Hurricane Productions, is that aside from the songs that we requested to be played, they provided other great music that got everyone up on the dance floor dancing all night long. This made the entire reception amazing to see everyone up having a great time. They also did the ceremony and cocktail hour music which also went perfectly. Knowing Vinnie from high school, made my decision to go with Hurricane Productions the easiest wedding decision that we had to make. There was no doubt in my mind that he would do an amazing job with the music at our wedding. I will be referring friends and family to Hurricane Productions for any events that require DJ services. A+ Rating! Great Staff!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Matt A. · Married on 10/04/2013

The service from Hurricane Production was amazing. The owners and general manager Julia went above and beyond all of our expectations. Everyone at the wedding had a blast with the entertainment that was provided especially with the instragram which we loved as well :) We will def will be using them for future parties.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Christopher A. · Married on 09/28/2013

Working with Hurricane productions was amazing from start to finish. They helped us all the way through, it was stress free dealing with them. The online site was awesome and they always stayed in touch. The music was great and the MC kept everyone dancing all night. Very professional.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Michael · Married on 07/26/2013

Halfway through our wedding, I walked over to Vincent and hugged him, telling him how much I appreciate all he and his crew had done in the year leading up to our big day. I told him it felt more as if we were dealing with friends than a typical 'DJ' company. During meetings Vincent, Strato, and Julia were incredibly laid back, offering advice or suggestions when needed, or simply telling my wife and I that we were ahead of the game and we were in good shape to be 3 months away, 6 months away, etc. It truly calmed our nerves. I cannot say enough about the promptness of Julia's responses. Being able to email her at any time of the day, knowing I'd receive a response back within minutes alleviated any stresses.

As far as the music is concerned, Strato actually sent us a sample mix that I requested before we signed our contract and I loved every second of it. At our wedding, EVERYONE was dancing. We had close to 200 guests and grandparents, older aunts and uncles, and of course, our friends were on the dance floor from moment 1 until the last song. A good friend of ours came over to us while dancing and told us how incredible our DJ was.

My personal favorite part of using Hurricane Productions was being able to sit down with my wife and pick songs we wanted to cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc and put them all online on their website, making us be able to do this at home and have them have instant access to it.

Having searched around a while for DJs and them all giving the same seller points, working with Hurricane was a pleasure. No gimmicks, no pressure, no sales points, just people who love to entertain and have your best interests at heart. I will be recommending Hurricane to everyone.

A million times over, thank you Vince, Strato, and Julia from the bottom of our hearts. You helped make our day just incredible. YOU are definitley the champs!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Krista · Married on 05/31/2013

Working with Julia, Vinny, and Strato has been an all-around FUN experience. From the first time I set foot in their office and was greeted with more hospitality than I could even ask for, I knew I had made the best decision possible in working with Hurricane. They even welcomed my entire family into the office one night when we were meeting. They are innovative, provide completely customizable services, and really allowed me to have a one-of-a-kind wedding which was hailed by my guests as the time of their lives! Much thanks to Vinny and Strato for understanding my quirky music tastes and making everything come alive. Now that my wedding is over, I will for sure be stopping by the office just to say hi and hang out with them - nothing but the BEST.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2013

Hurricane Productions rocked at our wedding! The dance floor was never empty, all the music was spot on, I couldn't have asked for a better night! And working with them all the months before the big day couldn't have been easier! I had no idea what I was doing or what was suppose to happen when/where etc... they walked me through everything and really listened to what I wanted. A joy to work with and super professional! Whatever your event USE HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/24/2013

Hurricane Productions was a pleasure to work with. All of our guests had an amazing time and danced the night away. Easy to navigate web page for our event and with no issues. Would deffinately use Hurricane Productions again in the future!!!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Great great super super wonderful wonderful no words would explain super great!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Carolyn · Married on 04/27/2013

Hurricane Productions were awesome! We constantly got feedback throughout the wedding night from our guests that the DJ was fantastic, and they really kept us on a good schedule for all of the events. The uplighting that they provided worked very well in the room, and their planning tool made everything very easy. Thanks again!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/07/2012

Hurricane productions is AMAZING! They did such a great job for our wedding!!! I recommend them to everyone!!!!! They were so much fun and had everyone dancing the whole night!!! We never left the dance floor!!! Great job hurricane productions!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2012