Hummingbird House Reviews

94 | Manchaca, TX

94 Reviews for Hummingbird House

Carmen Garrett · Married on 09/15/2012

As the mother-of-the-groom this past weekend, I was not directly involved with all of the venue details as were my lovely daughter-in-law and her family. I didn't know what to expect!! When we showed up for the rehearsal, HH literally had everything under control. The coordinators working with the wedding party were professional and personal exuding a warmth that went beyond their job. Then, the next day, as the rain stopped and the sun broke through the clouds HH again made the day easy, stress-less, and fun. The decor was just as we had all dreamed it would be -- from my vantage point, there was nothing left undone. From ensuring that our bride was out of sight from most early arriving guests and the groom, to gently making sure we were all where we were supposed be when we were supposed to be there, HH was there for us. Each one of the coordinators was discreetly present each step of the way gently moving us and reminding us of our time line while at the same time allowing the spirit to move us all toward an amazing celebration of marriage to be remembered. I highly recommend HH to all prospective brides and grooms!!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2012

What can I say about the Hummingbird House other than FABULOUS!!!! The grounds are absolutely beautiful, then you add in Courtney and Danny, and a fairy-tale inspiration comes alive! The whole experience with Hummingbird House was wonderful. As the MOB (mother of the bride), I highly recommend Hummingbird House for your venue...you will not have to stress over the wedding day because Courtney and Danny are there to make it memorable for the bride and you.

Hummingbird House definitely does deserve more than 5 stars.

Courtney and Danny, thank you for everything you did for us in planning and executing this wedding. I didn't realize that the day could be so wonderful and beautiful!

A Oates
    MOB

Sent on 03/21/2013
  • Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 06/09/2012

I just got married at the Hummingbird House on June 09, 2012 & it was beyond what I had ever dreamed of!!
    Danny, Lauren, & Courtney were so wonderful to work with & helped make our day so beautiful and run smoothly. They are each so personable, professional, and wanted us to be as stress free as possible.
    We know we made the right decision with them & we cannot thank them enough for everything they did throughout the planning process, on the wedding day, & even after!

We highly recommend a visit to the Hummingbird House & you will instantly fall in love with the venue and the employees- we know we did!

-Chris & Claire Lemke

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2012

Danny and his team could not have made my wedding day more perfect! I hired both the venue and day of coordination for my June 2 wedding. My fiancé and I had done quite a bit of DIY for our decorating, and they were happy to have us drop everything off on Friday and set it up for us. Danny, Lauren and Courtney all did a great job coordinating with vendors and made everything go smoothly. They even walked our dogs for us during our reception! I am so, so happy that we chose them as a venue.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2012

I honestly cannot imagine a more perfect day than the one the Hummingbird House gave us for our wedding in May.

My husband and I had two distinct Austin "visions" and experiences for our wedding - he the hill country and I the outdoor/garden setting - but when we visited the Hummingbird House back in October, we were immediately struck by the natural beauty of the site and friendliness of the team. The decision was clear from the start.

Even though we were originally working through a coordinator who left HH, we weren't worried; Danny and his co-coordinators Courtney and Lauren made the arrangements absolutely seamless. I think our laid-back approach matched each other's pretty well, but I'm convinced that even the highest maintenance bride would feel at ease in their hands. They know all the answers to all the questions, will take care of all the questions you never knew to ask, and know how to make a party last all night long.

You will not be disappointed. Getting a chance to work with this team is an experience in itself. They really made everything very intentional, special and unique, and work their tails off to make it so. Too many details to count. We love Hummingbird House!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Sara · Married on 05/20/2012

Hummingbird is the perfect venue for a wedding. Danny and the team helped guide and manage the whole process from recommendations of vendors to making sure the wedding was perfect.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Mary · Married on 05/05/2012

The team at the Hummingbird House is fantastic! They were incredibly accommodating leading up to our wedding and were very quick to respond to any questions. While we came armed with our own ideas, they also made wonderful suggestions. On the wedding day, we didn't need to worry about a single detail - they were well ahead of the ball. The venue itself is gorgeous. Using the preferred vendors list (which range in price for every budget) makes it a turn-key venue, making for a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 05/11/2012

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2012

Hummingbird house was PERFECT. They pulled everything together flawlessly, Danny & Lauren were absolutely amazing, and everyone commented on it being the most beautiful venue they've ever been to.

Sent on 04/11/2012
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 03/31/2012

I couldn't have picked a perfect place for my wedding. Listed are the top 5 reasons why Hummingbird is awesome! I had an amazing wedding and it was all that I dreamt and more...

1) Gorgeous place, perfect outside venue with great weather back up place. The beauty of this place speaks for itself especially if you are a bride that loves the outdoors and nature. I had tons of compliments during and after my wedding how beautiful the venue was.
    2) AMAZING staff! What's great about this place is the staff that comes with it. Danny and his team rock and have everything under control. I was able to enjoy my wedding and was so zen and carefree the day of because I knew I was in good hands and the day went perfectly! All the pieces fit together seamlessly.
    3) Price - for what you get you get the bang for your buck. Having a staff that helps execute for you makes all the difference to enjoying your wedding day.
    4) Location - south Austin but not too secluded and close enough downtown for people who wanted to keep the party going.
    5) Communication - Hummingbird House kept in touch with me even after my wedding. They are very responsive and knew who I was. Made it very personable for me. I felt like a special bride the whole time.

THANKS HUMMINGBIRD HOUSE! You gave me a wonderful experience and you were so great to work with. I am still getting compliments about my wedding. I even had one person say it was in the top 3 weddings they've ever attended. :)

Sent on 04/18/2012

Steph · Married on 03/03/2012

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
    Best day ever. Most beautiful place to be married, ever.
    Best folks to work with ever.
    People will talk about it forever.

You WILL NOT regret working with Danny and his wonderful friends and contacts at the Hummingbird House. He is fabulous, the venue is perfect, and the day will be the best day ever.

Would I recommend this vendor?? I DO. ;)

Sent on 04/22/2012

Shelley · Married on 10/22/2011

In a word, Amazing. I looked at 30+ venues in Austin and I was so glad that I stumbled upon this place. it is just beautiful. The grounds are amazing and kept perfect even through the summer heat, thanks to the fact that the venue is owned by the folks over at The Great Outdoors nursery. The ceremony site is already decorated with flowers and wrought iron pieces and the reception tent is draped in a beautiful fabric. When I booked my wedding day here, I also paid extra to have Lauren as my day of coordinator, and she was worth every penny! She is so amazing and really truly cares that your day goes as perfect as can be. She cares about all the little details and goes well above and beyond what I'm sure most day of planners do. I also recommend taking advantage of their lighting package for the tent after the sun goes down. I would recommend this venue and Lauren as your DOC to any bride in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Larissa · Married on 10/15/2011

Lauren and Danny are absolutely AMAZING to work with. Any and all questions I had, they had lots of suggestions (thank goodness) and were very responsive! I met with one or both of them at least 5+ times to look at the venue to get an idea of how to decorate or to get their help and input on things I had no clue about. And the day of the wedding was no exception, they were there every step of the way and just made the whole day stress-free for me. Everytime I turned around at the wedding, Lauren was there to hand me another drink, or pin my dress back up, or get me ready for the next thing on the agenda (first dance, cake cutting, etc). I mean all I did was have a BLAST. The venue itself is gorgeous and pretty much speaks for itself. Even without decoration, it's a beautiful place, but it was so special to see it with my little flair and it was absolutely PERFECT. It was exactly what I imagined and more. It really was everything that I wanted out of a wedding: fun, casual but glamorous and romantic. Danny and Lauren helped make my vision into reality, and with ease. I can't thank them enough for the perfect wedding. I loved every second of it!!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Mike · Married on 09/30/2011

Father of the bride here. I'm not going to comment on the looks, that will be something you need to see for yourselves, but if you like the outdoors you will not be disappointed. What I can assure you is a very high level of customer service. They may have equals but couldn't be better. Danny and his team were outstanding. If we were like most people, stress level builds as you come up on the date, and all we ever heard is "What can we do for you". Wedding was beautiful and even Mother Nature smiled on us. Thanks for a great effort. Special event made better and great memories for my daughter and new son-in-law.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Mikkayla · Married on 09/17/2011

The Hummingbird House was the first big decision we made in regards to our wedding. At the time they were relatively new when we booked so we got the benefit of booking them at a lower rate. In the 11 months that we booked them and waited for our wedding the place went from amazing to AHHMAZZING. Many of our guests were in complete awe of all the flowers in full bloom. It rained the morning of our ceremony causing us to get married under the tent and though I was upset about it at first after walking down the aisle I could not have been happier. If you are looking to get married outdoors with a romantic feel the Hummingbird House is the place to do it.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Rebecca · Married on 08/20/2011

Thank you so much! You went above and beyond to make this day perfect: your guidance through the process was great, we fully appreciated the romantic 10 minute dinner before the reception to eat and talk to each other before roaming around for the rest of the night with friends, and you were so sweet to make sure everything went well. I now know icing does not hold up outside in August - and you helped us get to the cake cutting before it melted :)

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • F

Mayra · Married on 08/13/2011

AMAZING!!!! The Hummingbird House is the BEST decision we made when looking for a venue. We knew this was THE place to have our ceremony and reception. The place is just breath taking! My guests are still talking about how beautiful the location was. Danny and Lauren are amazing people! I loved working with them. All of our questions were answered and no was not in their vocabulary. They made the wedding day run so smoothly! We recommend this area for any type of event :)

Sent on 10/23/2011
  • W

craig · Married on 06/11/2011

The Hummingbird House was gorgeous and they did a great job putting together an amazing wedding. I can only say good things about our entire experience there.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Morgan · Married on 06/11/2011

I honestly can not say enough good things about the Hummingbird House. I feel so fortunate that we were able to have our wedding there. People are still telling us, six weeks later, that the venue was absolutely gorgeous and we even had people at our wedding tell us that they want to have their wedding there. The place is gorgeous and perfectly landscaped, and the behind the scenes is what absolutely makes this place stand out from the rest. Danny is one of the most easy going, hardworking person you would want to deal during the wedding planning process. He was always available when I had questions, concerns, anything at all. He listened to what type of personality you wanted your wedding to have and made genuine suggestions, offered advice and made it happen. My dad made a special order THE DAY BEFORE the wedding to have about 300 white roses hanging from the trees around the venue to surprise my husband and I and Danny did not hesitate once or say it couldn't be done. He went out that day, bought the roses and was having them hung on Saturday morning.
    We also had the amazing opportunity to work with the go-to, get it done girl, Lauren. She was a new addition to the team after I had already booked the place, so it was an extra bonus. She is priceless. ANYTHING at all that I needed, had a question about, even had a brief thought about, she was there to get it done or make it happen all the way up to the wedding day. She has tons of contacts throughout the city so if you are stuck on something or need help with a vendor, she is on it. She saved me a lot of money on other vendors offering her advice from previous weddings. I was about to feed the whole city of Austin with my cake if she had not suggested that I cut back a bit because due to her past experiences, it was not necessary. And she was right. I cut way back and still had some left over. I needed two hair appointments SUPER last minute and she took care of it all. I was just mentioning it to her 3 days before because we were discussing the day of on the phone, not even thinking it was something she could take care of, and she immediately got on the phone with a couple girls at a salon she knew and booked me some appointments. I can't even explain how clutch she was the day of the wedding. Her and Danny were right there the whole time making sure everything was on time, getting done, and most of all that everyone was enjoying themselves. Multiple times, she came up and asked us if we needed anything and was all smiles. If something was wrong, we would have had no idea. They would have had it handled before we could even hear about it. Her and Danny both made our day incredibly stress free and special.
    One of the most important things I liked best about the Hummingbird House is that they made you feel special and unique and not just another wedding on a weekend. I visited the site multiple times before the actual wedding and Danny or Lauren were there every time talking things through with me and remembered things we had talked about previously. It's like getting married at one of your friends houses is how comfortable I felt working with them. I could not have asked for a better wedding day.

Sent on 07/19/2011

emily · Married on 06/05/2011

The Hummingbird House has an amazing staff! Even in the onslaught of rain, they were cool headed, professional and worked hard to transform our outdoor ceremony to an intimate tent setting. We had such a great time working with them and enjoying their gorgeous space. I recommend this venue for sure! Two thumbs way up!!!

Sent on 07/15/2011

R. Elton · Married on 05/01/2011

It was the first venue I checked out and the only one I looked at! I had seven others on my list that I didn't bother with looking at. I believe they have room for 200 guests. Which was perfect for us. They were affordable and provided everything that would have added to my budget. We got the tables, white table linens, and chairs for both the ceremony and reception. The grounds were immaculately landscaped and manicured throughout and Danny was flawless with assisting us the day of the big event. Danny was a dream to work with and accommodated us in just about everything. I did ask him if I could get a horse drawn carriage on the grounds and he said that it was not possible. It is by far the best deal in town! Danny and Tom have thought of everything at the Hummingbird House! Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Rebecca · Married on 04/09/2011

I was married at the Hummingbird House earlier this year, and everything about the venue was AMAZING.

My now-husband and I set out one day to look at several venues....and never made it past the Hummingbird House! We knew right away this was the place we wanted to get married. From the instant we got there, we were warmly welcomed by Danny, who followed us all the way to the wedding day (and after!). He made sure all of my questions were answered, all of my ideas were welcomed, and that no detail was left behind. He was quick to respond to every email, which was so very appreciated. As we got closer to the wedding day, Lauren joined the Hummingbird House, and she was just as amazing as he. Just a couple days before the wedding, she helped us secure an awesome classic getaway car! She kept everyone in order, and took so much stress off my back. She and Danny kept things running so smoothly on the big day, and if something went wrong... I never knew about it.

And the beauty of the venue?! Incredible. It is a hidden tropical oasis in Austin...with so many beautiful flowers, lush grass, a beautiful pool, and romantic sparkling lights. I can't say enough good things about this place, and Danny and Lauren!!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Naomi · Married on 02/26/2011

This was the most wonderful place to have a wedding! We did not want to leave it's so beautiful and peaceful. Loved that we got to stay overnight, we stayed up late with a few of our guest and enjoyed the night. Danny was so helpful with everything. We were well taken care of, which made for a stress free wedding day for me! Such a dream venue.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Jennifer · Married on 01/01/2011

The venue is gorgeous and spans roughly 6 acres with incredible landscaping. The manager of the Hummingbird House was incredibly warm and helpful. Their rates are pretty low considering that the prices include chair and tent rentals.

Sent on 01/11/2011
  • F

Heather · Married on 11/13/2010

Danny at the Hummingbird House is wonderful and so is the venue. It's beautiful, lush and green, the tent has beautiful drapery and lights, the staff is kind and easy to work with... I can go on and on. They don't nickel and dime you with extra charges or fees.

All of my guests were impressed. Several said they wanted to move in and live there. ...me too!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Kathleen · Married on 09/25/2010

The Hummingbird House is absolutely phenomenal! He made all of my daughters requests and dreams come through!

Sent on 09/28/2010