Humboldt & Jackson Reviews

2 | Brooklyn, NY

2 Reviews for Humboldt & Jackson

Lynsey · Married on 05/21/2016

As my fiance & I started planning our wedding, we scoured Brooklyn for a rehearsal dinner event space that was both warm and inviting but also affordable. We continued to come up empty handed until a friend and frequent customer of H&J recommended them. We absolutely loved that H&J is a one stop shop of sorts. They provided personalized printed menus, flowers, music, linens, etc. Pam worked with my in laws to get an idea of the type of food we were looking for and then paired them up with a chef that could build a customized menu. The food was AMAZING! Our meal started out with a salad topped with shrimp, the main meal consisted of gnocchi, fish, pork & asparagus. The whole meal was perfection. I can't say enough about the standard of service. Pam, Bill & Sam couldn't have been more hospitable. The space itself is so adorable and welcoming that you won't want to leave. It was such an incredible way to kick off our wedding weekend. I highly, highly recommend them for your event! If we were having a smaller wedding I would have absolutely chosen them for the occasion. Thank you to the entire H&J team for making our rehearsal dinner such a special and memorable event!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Cara · Married on 05/14/2016

When looking for a place to host our wedding in May my now Husband and I were looking for a place that could give our mostly out of state guests a real idea of why we love our Brooklyn neighborhood. We live a few blocks from Humboldt & Jackson and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and great aesthetics. Plus being able to walk to our wedding was a huge bonus!

From our first email to Pam to the rehearsal the night before, things were easy and stress free. Bill, Pam and Sam have definitely done this a time or two and knew exactly what to do and how to do it so that we could truly just relax and enjoy our wedding day.

The chef they brought in to cater a menu of our choice was spectacular! Having great food was high on our list and they totally got that. They even made menus for our dinner!

I didn't receive a single email, call or text the day of and walked into an awesome setting where our friends and family were already enjoying drinks and receiving friendly, welcoming service.

Our guests had a great evening and we had a wedding that was better that I could have imagined! If you're looking for a great place with owners who love and care about what they do, look no further!

Sent on 10/15/2016