34 Reviews for Hudson Valley BBQ Co.

User Photos
House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)

From the initial planning conversations to our tasting, we've had the best experience making our menu with Brandon! And let me just tell you about our tasting...FANTASTIC! We are going with a taco bar and pig roast, as well as vegetarian options. Professional, quick to respond, great prices, great sense of humor—and for your caterer to be genuinely excited about your event is the best! We can't wait to get hitched in Hudson!

Profile Picture Carson, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

You wouldn't think of a BBQ company for a vegan wedding - but we honestly can't think of any vendor we would have rather had for our wedding! As vegetarian/vegan, our goal was to show our friends and family how awesome meat free food can be. Brandon and his team seriously nailed it. The food was simply incredible. Tofu and waffles were some of the favorites, along with a make your own taco bar, and bibimbap! All of our guests absolutely loved the food, and are still telling us a week later how delicious everything was.

Some of our most meat-eater family members told us it was the best food they've had at a wedding. After the ceremony, Brandon's team made a platter of food for me and my husband to share when we had a moment alone. We got to enjoy a few minutes together and the food before the rest of the reception, which was a highlight for us. The beer and wine selection was perfect. The service and transitions were seamless.

Thank you Brandon and HV BBQ, we couldn't be happier with how amazing the food and service was.

Profile Picture Gabby, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

It's hard to be absolutely sure of something so important as the food and catering team for your wedding day, especially when that's one of the biggest moving pieces and one of the things guests will remember the most. However, after actually meeting Brandon and doing the tasting right at his home, we were nothing but excited for our wedding day. Everything about the tasting and even the custom menu we were able to create was very different from what we've ever experienced for a wedding, but it was exactly what we wanted. Brandon, his family, and his team are all extremely friendly and down to earth, and helped to make our wedding day memorable and stress-free. Most importantly, the food was delicious and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests (many of whom originally questioned our "un-traditional" menu choices). If you're bored of typical wedding food and want your own menu with amazing and creative ideas that are made from scratch, definitely check out Hudson Valley BBQ!

Profile Picture Vincent, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Brandon Snooks is an expert chef. He and his entourage at Hudson Valley BBQ prepared the food and desserts for our daughter and son in laws wedding this past weekend. It was beyond exceptional and keep in mind there was a heatwave!! But wait there’s more...as our daughter waited to take her walk to her new husband she’s was presented with a skewer of delectable food to calm her nerves! Don’t know how much better you can get from being a rock star!!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Brandon's service was affordable while being so deeply catered to our tastes and all done with a smile and such a calm demeanor. Brandon put me at ease the whole time that we worked together on our wedding, but more than that... he delivered. The food was mouth watering. I don't know how you feed that many people that well, but my guests were in awe. My family friend, a Tony winning costume designer, said it was the best food she'd ever had at a wedding... and she has TASTE. On top of the food, the people who served it were so kind, and were so thoughtful to make sure that the bride and groom were always fed! I can't tell you which food was my favorite... maybe the mini chicken and waffles. Brandon's team brought the ambiance, diligence and taste that my rustic wedding needed. He was a perfect choice.

Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - My guests were thrilled they could see "behind the scenes"
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - These are pictures from guests! More to come!
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - HVBBQ is a performance and a feast!
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - mini chicken and waffles
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - Our beautiful harvest plates!
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - Great and friendly service!
Photos
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - My guests loved the food so much they snapped pix!
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - Strawberry rhubarb mini pies with fried plantain sundaes
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - Sacrificial salmon
Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - The carrots were bomb.
Profile Picture Lisa, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Last weekend I attended a magical wedding in Woodland Valley, NY. Along with the gorgeous surroundings, the food was fantastic! Brandon and his crew made the process look effortless and the food taste delicious. Everyone was friendly and a pleasure to interact with. Each bite was perfect and the attention to detail was apparent. The ribs (omg), the tuna poke, the chicken, salmon, corn bread...where do I begin?! Hats off to them. As an event planner, I would love to work with them in the future! I only have good things to say.

Profile Picture Jannah, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I'm going to be a hundred percent honest: this food was incredible and the chef will put in one hundred percent effort to make your wedding day amazing. Homemade, from scratch, wholesome goodness. Cocktail hour was a gorgeous spread of crudite, cheeses, and dips. The prizes at cocktail hour were the hot wings (I risked my dress and makup multiple times to go back for seconds and thirds on these) mini pork tacos with an excellently balanced avocado lime crema and a grilled cheese and tomato soup shooter. It was 90 degrees but the soup was worth it. Dinner was pulled pork, chicken, herbed mashed potatoes, creamy and perfect Mac and cheese. The whole party was raving about it, and I don't think I saw a single uncleaned plate. Dessert was cakes and waffles!!!

Overall, Brandon brought a beautiful, homemade, personal touch to all the food. His passion and dedication to his craft was evident in all parts of the process, and he went above and beyond to make my sister's wedding the most delicious I have been too.

Profile Picture Lauren , 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I come from a huge family, so I have helped plan a bunch of weddings, and finding the right food for your special day can turn into a nightmare. If you want the opposite of that, work with Brandon...he's a dream to work with! Jake and I have a farm to table theme for our wedding. We were worried that we wouldn't find the type of food experience we were looking for within the price range we wanted, and we did just that with Brandon. We had such fun customizing our menu...it's a shame we have to wait until our big day to finally eat it. Seriously can't recommend working with him enough!

Profile Picture Marnie, 6/2/18, 1 Review

Where do I begin?!

Hudson Valley BBQ Co. was incredible to work with. Brandon is thoughtful, creative and most importantly he CARES about his work and his clients. We did not feel like we were just another date on his calendar this wedding season. He took our laid back yet classy wedding catering vision to a whole new level. The open fire grilling stations and buffet presentation were done in such good taste.

We were in constant communication with Brandon and his team from the minute we got on our first call, to the last call at the bar the night of our wedding. Across the board, our guests were raving about how good the food was, and how easy and welcoming the flow of dinner was. Brandon really set the bar high, he is an incredible chef and I could not recommend HVBBQCo for all of your wedding catering needs.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Brandon was a gem throughout the entire planning process. We had to do a bit of a sales job to convince our parents that bbq ribs were a good idea for a wedding, but Brandon hosted all of us and we were sold from the first bite, ending up with ribs you could cut off the bone, prime rib, chicken, roasted vegetables, mac'n'cheese, corn bread and a great dessert station. He was super easy to work with and was always about finding a solution, and doing so with a smile and sense of humor. We had a fairly significant challenge with our original bar plan, and he came in last minute to help save the day. One of the favorite memories of the bridal party was getting a rib with sauce that he let us bring in from Alabama right off the smoker before walking down the aisle. Reasonably priced, small business owner, super easy to work with - it wouldn't have been the same without him. The only comment we have is that the wait staff should have come around a 2nd or 3rd time to refill wine during dinner. They only came by once so people had to go up to the bar, which wasn't really the plan but again our bar situation was a challenge across the board and people had plenty to drink so it all worked out. Really he is outstanding to work with and couldn't recommend him more. Here's the blog our photographer created that shows some photos of his work: https://ytkphotography.com/peter-and-nans-lakota-farm-wedding/

Profile Picture Nan, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I was the Mother of Bride , but with this title comes wanting the Best for your daughters day!! Hv BBQ was just that! Best BBQ food, prompt service and such lovely people to work with... My daughters theme was Country Rustic so Brandon set up a great menu of locally sourced food to highlight her day! This was not your usual wedding food... I'm in love with the pork belly on waffle appetizer , as was everyone else but the HV BBQ team made sure there was plenty of food so our guests could enjoy multiple servings... They arrived early and stayed through the wedding...
I'm so impressed with them!
I 100% recommend them for your wedding!

Profile Picture Victoria , 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery

From the moment I met Brandon before our wedding started, he put me at ease. He was professional and obviously had control of everything food related. He could see that I was stressed and offered to help with anything else I needed, and did. On top of being awesome people, he and his staff went above and beyond all night.
And the food was AMAZING, I was not expecting that. I've only ever had mediocre food at weddings and this was not your typical wedding bulls**t! If you're trying to think outside the box and want excellent food and service, you should definitely call him.

Profile Picture Nelson, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, BBQ, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Server(s), Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

Don't hesitate to hire Brandon and his team at HVBBQ for your wedding!!! In short, he was a pleasure to work with, the food was amazing and they went above and beyond to help make our wedding (especially the reception) a really fun party. When I came across the company, there weren't any reviews but the food looked delicious and I liked what Brandon was about after looking into his site. It took us a long time to decide on the type of food so after that, we didn't want to have to create a whole menu. After having a phone conversation with Brandon, (we talked about food and lots of other things, he's very easy to talk to) he emailed me a sample menu complete with price per person, taking everything we talked about and turning it into a cohesive menu. Since my husband and I were paying for everything ourselves, our budget was very limited. Brandon was so great in working with us, never pressuring us into more than we could afford. His prices are in general, much more affordable than all the other companies I researched...just fyi! On the day of our (very DIY) wedding, there were so many moving parts and Brandon and his team really stepped in to help make things run smoothly, without anybody asking! We had a buffet style reception and guests were shamelessly getting up for seconds and thirds. 2 weeks later, our family and friends are still talking about how much they loved the food. If great food, and a fun party are high on your list of wedding priorities, definitely give Brandon a call!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, BBQ, Local, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

After hearing so many great things from our venue owner, I had to check them out. Brandon was a blessing to work with. His energy and enthusiasm towards customizing a menu for us was fantastic. Having some BBQ, some grilled meats, and a family style pasta made everyone in our group happy. We did 3 tastings and the food was better and a little less money than the other two. My mom is a chef and insisted the food be authentic and made from scratch. She loved it all. I cannot recommend Brandon and his food enough.

Profile Picture User7741323, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Brandon was great! Very responsive and could easily accommodate any needs (food allergies, water station for the ceremony, providing bartenders). His staff the day of was truly the best, very friendly and did whatever was needed to make the day a success. We had the grilled salmon and pulled pork with grilled vegetables and farro salad- all was delicious and the guests were raving! We did apple cider donuts and mini pies for dessert and LOVED them. Highly suggest this company for your wedding or event!

Profile Picture MICHELLE, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, BBQ, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free

We had such a great experience! I would definitely recommend Hudson Valley BBQ to anyone planning any kind of party. Great Food, Great responsiveness, Great Service. Great Job!!!!!

Profile Picture Kyle, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Hudson Valley BBQ really made our food truck wedding come to life! A chicken and waffle bar- with sausage gravy and a fried egg on it?? Sign me up! Along with a taco bar, street corn, and salad. They had all of our guests raving about the food all night. It was a unique idea, a bit risky, and they really nailed it. I’m obsessed with tacos, and was even eating one on the dance floor at some point. Brandon was responsive and open to all of our requests during planning. He made it so easy and worry-free.

Photo for Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Review - The delicious menu!
Profile Picture Angela, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

My husband and I simply could NOT have imagined a more flawless, perfect, wonderful catering experience for our September barn wedding in the Catskills.
-FOOD: food was #2 on the list of things my husband and I cared about for our wedding (#1 was getting married!), so to say we cared about the quality of our caterer would be an understatement. We lucked out – the food quite honestly blew us away. Every appetizer we chose was delicious – pear and gorgonzola flatbread, truffle arancini, caprese skewers, shrimp ceviche and a harvest tray of cheeses and meats. People were repeatedly coming up to us during the cocktail hour asking us if we had tried all of the apps because they were so damn good. For our main dinner we had chicken, pulled pork and beef brisket cooked outside over an open fire, along with a tater tot bar/three sauces, drunken Brussel sprouts (ridiculously good), and tangy coleslaw. The mini pies we had for dessert were to die for! Not one thing on our plates was anything short of divine. I was always skeptical of the ability for wedding food to be top-notch, but Brandon and his staff totally proved that you can get the meal of your dreams cooked for over 100 people.
-SERVICE: great food somehow doesn’t taste as great if your caterer is hard to work with – Brandon could NOT have the made the process more pleasant and easy from start to finish. From our first phone call with Brandon, we were totally at ease and taken care of. He was incredibly responsive to our emails and always as friendly as could be. The day of the wedding he sent a plate of pork as well as some pie holes up to the room where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready, which was the sweetest touch and is indicative of how he is always thinking about how he can make the experience more special for everybody involved.
If you aren’t using HV BBQ Co. for your event...you are just doing it wrong. Top-notch food, served with love and passion – doesn’t get any better than that! Thanks guys!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Brandon's calm demeanor coupled with his extensive culinary expertise helped make the task of planning the meal at our wedding both easy and fun.

Our guests were made up of a bunch of foodies so we couldn't settle for typical "wedding food." Brandon didn't let us down! Virtually everything is made from scratch - including the 3 customized BBQ sauces we chose. Even the grills he uses are homemade custom cooking machines! He is a true culinary artist!

Brandon helped my wife and I choose a menu to meet our tastes and wow our guests! His staff was professional and bent over backwards to do whatever they could to make our day special. We hope to use them again to cater future events for us!

They made amazing on site milkshakes, pies that could make Betty Crocker blush, and beef that makes you wonder if you've really ever had BBQ before then. The only mistake Brandon made was showing me where he lives...now I can randomly stop by during dinner time haha

Profile Picture Benal, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Brandon and his team were a pleasure to work with. Brandon was great at crafting a menu to suit us and made the whole process very easy and straightforward. We opted for a very classic American Summer BBQ and everything was delicious. Many of our guests commented on how great the food was and how nice the team was. Everyone really enjoyed the experience, the set up, and the nice change from a typical 'wedding meal'.

Profile Picture avril, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Where to start with this guy? He's the BEST. Our wedding planner recommended him and his crew, and she wasn't overselling when she said that she internally cheers every time he's working one of her weddings. I'm from Texas and had many proud Texans in attendance, so I really wanted someone who knew what to do with high quality meat...and my wife doesn't eat meat, so we also needed someone who could make a vegetarian entree that she would be excited to eat. Brandon nailed it, guys. Entrees (best fried chicken I've ever had, pulled pork, beet burnt ends), sides (street corn, skillet mac and cheese, drunken brussels sprouts), and a GOSH DARN MILKSHAKE BAR. I could even spend time talking about the hors d'oeuvres. It's a month later, and we still have people telling us how good the food was...even our snobbiest friends, which is saying something because we live in Brooklyn. Add that to the fact that he's an extremely responsive, inventive, and all-around warm, cool, dude? He even made my wife her own personal cheese pizza because it was her favorite food and didn't fit the overall menu. He's a hero. Hire him.

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Brandon and his team were so great. The first thing that impressed me was his responsiveness. He responded to all of our emails and texts in record time. He was so nice, so easy to talk to about what we wanted, so professional, and really made us feel at ease that everything would be taken care of (and it was). He had great ideas for food when we asked, and seemed really excited about our ideas too. Most importantly, the food was delicious. We got so so many compliments on it. The milkshake bar was my personal favorite, and the late night grilled cheeses were brilliant. Basically we felt really lucky to have found him.

Profile Picture Anca, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, BBQ, Southern, Vegan, Vegetarian

As a wedding photographer, I eat a lot of catered food... some good, some not-so-good. So when I had to choose who was going to cater my daughter's graduation party, I went straight to HVBBQ Co. Hands down some of the best BBQ I've ever had (and my family lived in the south for half our lives). My family is filled with picky eaters and there was not a complaint in the house. Thanks for helping to make my daughter's day just a touch more special!

Profile Picture Yesenia, 9/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Brandon and his staff were absolutely amazing!!! He catered a backyard wedding where I was helping the bride out so I interacted with him and his team a lot. Brandon and his team are absolutely amazing- I should think of another word but they are awesome people, super friendly, caring, helpful and went above and beyond what they needed to do. The only negative I have to say is that after they were done and wrapped up, we wanted them to stay and enjoy themselves but they had to get back home and prep for the rest of the weekend. Super cool people, and valuable, really rare to find in the catering industry. More importantly, let's talk about the food! I live in NYC and I would say I'm a bit of a food snob (but eat anything with a smile on my face out of respect) ummm...this is by far one of the best chicken and pork BBQ I've ever had! You must must have the pig and chicken at any of your events. I don't normally eat chicken at events because that's what I cook mostly at home, but I couldn't stop going back from more! Everyone was obsessed with the food. I would highly recommend them, and wished they lived closer so I can use them more often! Everyone at the party (picky Greeks) couldn't stop raving about the food. Hands down. Use them! Decision made easy for you :)

Profile Picture Peggy, 6/17/17, 1 Review