Hudson Manor Reviews

106 | Louisburg, NC

106 Reviews for Hudson Manor

Melissa · Married on 05/11/2013

There was a "feeling" that I got when I saw the grounds and met the owner, Melissa. We didn't have a chance to think too long since dates were filling up so we booked the same day as our visit. For the next 11 months, Melissa was excellent and very responsive. I always told her I was sure we were her most difficult but she was always calm, helpful, and patient. She did all she could to make us happy and we so greatly appreciated her flexibility to do so. She went out of her way to keep me smiling, from making sure I got the gorgeous upgraded linens from CE Rentals to working with my florist, Kyle Overby with Donovan's Dish to make the chapel and room come alive with flowers. She even worked with my Mom on the menu items and most special to me was her calming conversations when she could tell I was frantic! And even though the weather wasn't what I wanted the day of, she had a back up plan and made it stress-free. And, although we were running late, her husband did an amazing job with the buffet and all the guests raved about the food. Melissa's vendor list is truly compiled of great and respected businesses. DJ Richie did a fantastic job keeping us dancing and Red Carpet Events had everyone laughing & smiling in the photo booth so the entertainment was a big hit! Swank Cake made my dream Princess cake and I can't say enough about Greg with Image Mill! He and his wife have tons of patience and their professionalism was outstanding! We even had an elegant ride send us off from Classy Transportation. It was a magical and wonderful evening under the stars.

Sent on 06/01/2013

Katie · Married on 06/19/2010

2.5

Melissa works very hard to meet your every need as a bride.

Sent on 06/30/2010

Rachel · Married on 03/08/2014

3.0

Working with Melissa was wonderful! She was so responsive and always answered any questions that I had, no matter how silly they were! Our wedding was beautiful and everything came together seamlessly. I highly recommend working with the preferred vendors as well. Because they already have a relationship with Melissa and they know the venue it just made everything go that much more smoothly. Not to mention everyone that I worked with was AWESOME. We had our ceremony in the chapel which was lovely and a great choice because I never liked the uncertainty of an outdoor ceremony. The food was great and the venue itself is an amazing backdrop for pictures. I highly recommend the Hudson Manor!!

Sent on 04/05/2014

4.2
      3.0

Overall our experience with Melissa and The Hudson Manor was great! Melissa is very professional and it's clear that she really knows what she's doing! She also knows a lot of vendors in the area, which really helped because almost all of our vendors had worked with her before. Everything went so smoothly on the day, and I think a large part of that was thanks to Melissa. Not to mention that the grounds and reception hall are beautiful! The only negative for me was that they have a very specific way of doing things and our wedding day was scheduled to the minute, so there wasn't much flexibility. But overall we would DEFINITELY recommend The Hudson Manor to other couples!

Sent on 10/19/2012
  • Kyrie

Kyrie · Married on 05/03/2014

3.5

Our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hudson Manor were absolutely beautiful and went off without a hitch. The property is gorgeous and there are several locations for a ceremony to take place; indoor, outdoor, and indoor/outdoor options are available. The owners seem really invested in the upkeep and betterment of the property which I was impressed with. The owner, Melissa, acts as your day-of coordinator which adds value to the wedding day package you purchase. The food (provided by the on-site caterer, the owner's husband) was really good and we received compliments on it at the wedding. She provided a preferred vendor list when I signed on which was helpful in selecting a few of my vendors who all turned out to be great. On the wedding day and rehearsal she was a little harsher with my family and friends than I would have liked but I suppose someone has to be the enforcer.. Overall enjoyed my experience at the Hudson Manor very much - it's definitely worth the hour-drive from Raleigh.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Tyler and Angela · Married on 08/12/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

I would say the venue was very beautiful. We received a good price from Melissa. The only thing that bothered me was the hospitality my wedding party and I received. I felt as if she wanted me to leave as soon as I got there. Doors were being locked behind me so I could not go back into the dressing room. While taking pictures my grandmother was not allowed to go inside the house to wait in the AC because the door had been locked as soon as we walked out. My grandmother was stuck outside in the heat waiting for her turn to take pictures with my wife and I. She allowed our dog to be apart of the ceremony but afterwards my dog was made to stay in a crate outside as if she was a pest. My dog was very unhappy and growling at people in the crate (Never seen my dog this way). I wish she would have let me put her crate inside where she had AC. I understand she gave us a deal on the price but I figured she would have saved money in other areas then time and attitude. I would have rather her served PB&Js on paper plates and been nice and hospitable. our photographer was awesome and was able to make such a short rushed wedding seem like it lasted forever. Long story short, she made me feel like I didn't deserve to be there paying the price SHE offered us. Very disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Hudson Manor's reply:

Dear Tyler & Angela, I am sorry you felt in any way rushed. This of course was not my intention. As we discussed at length prior to booking, to accommodate your limited budget and time constraints we offered a slightly shorter package. We also discussed that you would not be allowed to bring your dog in any building beside the chapel. This has always been our policy (trained and certified service dogs are welcome). Although we did our best to make her comfortable, providing a shaded cooler area and a fan, a better solution would have been to make arrangements to have her taken home after ceremony as most others have done when their pets are included in their ceremony. Your photographer should have suggested a shaded area, perhaps under the pavilion with it's gorgeous greenery for a backdrop. This would have been more comfortable for all of you, especially your Grandmother. Again, my sincerest apologies that you were disappointed in any way. Best wishes!