Hudson Manor Reviews

106 | Louisburg, NC

106 Reviews for Hudson Manor

Danny · Married on 09/29/2012

It was amazing getting to work with Melissa and the staff at Hudson Manor. They were extremely responsive with all of our questions (and there were a TON of them), had great ideas, and maintained flexibility for the day of. We cannot speak highly enough of the professionalism and courtesy in making our wedding the most memorable event of our lives.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2012

Wonderful - just wonderful! The Hudson Manor was the first venue we looked at after we got engaged and we knew from the moment we saw it that we had to get married there. It's absolutely beautiful and was so incredibly convenient to have the all inclusive package. We had catering, wedding coordinator, all the furniture (chairs, tables, etc), a cake table, cake cutting - everything was included and all in one place. We even had the option to pay the owner and coordinator for all the services and then have her pay the other individual vendors. We got a preferred vendor list from the start and a lot of awesome advice throughout all of the wedding planning. Our wedding day was simply amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Chastity · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not have chosen a better place for our wedding and reception! The manor was absolutely beautiful and Melissa made sure everything went perfect. I highly recommend the Hudson Manor!!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2012

Melissa and the staff were awesome! We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Donna · Married on 05/12/2012

Melissa and the staff of The Hudson Manor are AMAZING! When my only daughter became engaged in October 2011, we knew we had our work cut out for us since she lived in North Carolina and I lived in Indiana. The first item on the list was to find a venue. Melissa was prompt to answer our calls and emails whenever we had questions. As soon as my daughter visited the Manor, she knew it was the place to have her spring wedding. The day of the wedding everything was beautiful. The outside gardens were breathtaking. The outdoor patio was a wonderful setting for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. The indoor ballroom was very elegant. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. To complete a great venue there has to be great food and that is what we had….GREAT food. Everything was delicious. Melissa also has a complete list of vendors that are needed to make a perfect day. We selected all our wedding professionals from her list and each of them were a joy to work with. Melissa is a true professional. She worked closely with us during the entire planning process, and was very hands on the day of the wedding ensuring that everything went smoothly. Thank you Melissa for making my daughter’s wedding day so special. You were a true blessing not only to the very happy bride but also to the very happy mother-of-the bride!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Monica · Married on 12/03/2011

working with Melissa was a true pleasure,she took alot of the pressure off us and made planning and having the wedding stree free. If you want a beautiful venue, with delicous food,friendly and helpful personal,and a list of vendors you can trust and count on. then The Hudson Manor is where you should have your wedding. WE highly recommend it, you will not be disapointed..

Sent on 12/14/2011

Pat · Married on 11/26/2011

We can't say enough kind words about Melissa and The Hudson Manor. Melissa was so kind and gracious. She treated us like friends. She was so flexible and accommodating. Our daughter wanted a Christmas themed reception. Melissa not only agreed, but provided a beautiful Christmas tree for us to use. The Hudson Manor is so beautiful and the entire staff is wonderful. Everybody worked together to make the day perfect.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2011

My daughter wanted to get married in a barn but we could not find one that suited our needs and price. I found the Hudson Manor by doing an internet search. We paid a deposit site unseen at a bridal show to secure our date. We attended two taste testings prior to her wedding so we were able to determine what foods we wanted to serve. The wedding was outside and the reception was indoors in their pavillion. They added a covered area that can be used to weddings due to inclement weather or as a spill over to the outside for the reception. The wedding party was able to dress inside the house. Melissa was very responsive to our request. My only complaint ( which is not a big deal) was that the staff cleaned up the plates too quickly and it was not made know to the guest that they could go back for seconds.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Kip · Married on 08/06/2011

MELLISSA IS DA BOMB! She was all over the details. She made excellent suggestions when we were trying to find vendors for various components to our wedding. She made it so easy. She works with a select group of vendors that she trusts and respects. We followed her suggested vendors and never had a regret - they all did a superb job. Using Melissa and the Hudson Manor was an absolute homerun. THANK YOU MELISSA!!! YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/02/2011

We absolutely loved everything about our ceremony and reception at the Hudson Manor! Melissa was great from beginning to end, and made everything very easy, smooth and simple. She was very accommodating with any "special" issues that we had, and had good resources for other vendors. The manor house, grounds, ballroom, and gardens/patio were gorgeous and were well-maintained, making for a beautiful ceremony and reception. I would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Megan · Married on 06/18/2011

The owner of the vendor acts as a mini wedding coordinator helping to tie up loose ends, check to make sure easily forgotten things are taken care of, and handles everything with no hassle on the day of. The Hudson Manor is beautiful, and a great place to get married!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2011

JG and I had a wonderful wedding experience! We could not have asked for a smoother ceremony and reception. All of our guests have complemented the food and how organized everything was. Melissa was such a pleasure to work with and made the whole process stress free. She is very honest and knowledgeable, especially about other wedding vendors and I am so glad we went with her advice for the cake and DJ. You can tell Melissa and her staff take a lot of pride in what they do.
    Stephanie

Sent on 07/08/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/28/2011

The Hudson Manor was an EXCELLENT choice for my wedding and I would choose it again! Melissa was extremely knowledgeable about the entire process and immediately set my mind at ease. She was straightforward and fun at the same time. The venue was gorgeous and was exactly what I wanted out of an outdoor ceremony. They put a lot of time, consideration, and effort into maintaining the grounds. Everything was -easy- and when wedding day came, I didn't have to worry about anything. It came as a package to include her planning expertise, rentals, venue, catering, and set up/clean up. Melissa and her team had backup plans for the backup plans. She used her charm to please both sides of the family and made sure everyone had a great time. She has amazing recommendations for other services like cake, photographer, and dj that she trusts. I loved every minute I was there!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Monica · Married on 05/21/2011

The Hudson Manor is hands down the best wedding venue in North Carolina! The owners, Melissa and Glenn Cogliati, are professional, fair, and accommodating. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and with the climate controlled ballroom, covered patio, and outdoor reception site, Hudson Manor is the best choice for people who would like an outdoor ceremony with not only one but two back up plans :) Our guests cannot stop talking about how fantastic ALL the food was. Aside from the groom, this was my favorite and most memorable part of my May 21st wedding!!! Hats off to Melissa and Glenn and keep up the awesome work!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Beth · Married on 05/14/2011

We visited The Hudson Manor first after viewing several venues online. Our daughter and son-in-law found it to be exactly what they wanted and there happened to be an opening on a Sat. in May, so we booked it that night. We found Melissa to be warm, friendly, professional and very helpful. My son-in-law made the comment that she seemed to be as excited about their wedding as we were! You can tell that she enjoys her job and really is so helpful in every aspect of the event! The cost was very reasonable and I have had so many people comment on how beautiful the wedding and reception were! The weather was questionable so we had the ceremony under the terrace. Melissa suggested that it was the only way to be fairly sure of an outdoor ceremony. So glad we followed her advice because we would've had a wet and very unhappy bride as it started to storm at the very end of the ceremony. The ballroom looked amazing and the food was delicious!! When I asked our daughter at the end of the evening if it was everything she dreamed of, she replied, "and so much more"!! Thank you so much Melissa, Glenn and the staff for helping to make our daughter's special day a dream come true!!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2011

Great Service! Melissa was very organized and detail oriented and kept me on track every step of the way. She gave wonderful suggestions and was willing to help out in any way possible. My phone calls and emails were always returned very promptly. Melissa achieved her goal of making the bride feel as stress free as possible. The Hudson Manor is a beautiful place inside and out and we could not have asked for a better venue to have our wedding at. We have had several people tell us that our wedding was one of the best and most beautiful wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Lindsey · Married on 10/16/2010

A beautiful wedding for the bride on a budget!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Lyla · Married on 10/10/2010

The Hudson Manor made everything so easy for me and my fiance. From the decorations to the food, everything was exactly the way I wanted it to be. Everyone who attended thought it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to and they assumed it to be very expensive but that was not the case. It was very affordable compared to other places without any of the perks that come with the Hudson Manor. I absolutely love my wedding and can't wait to renew my vows because I'm definitely booking it the Hudson Manor!!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2010

Melissa and the staff at The Hudson Manor are so much more than FABULOUS! They are the BEST! We could not have asked for anything more perfect! Thanks Melissa for your role in making our wedding day so wonderful!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Pamela · Married on 09/18/2010

The ceremony and reception sites were beautiful! Every staff member was helpful, friendly, and professional. We were given great tips and ideas. The reception hall is wonderful, and the food was outstanding. From beginning to end we were more than pleased, and would recommend Hudson Manor for anyone who wants an elegant and fun wedding and reception!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Jan · Married on 09/11/2010

I would definitely trust Melissa with the details of another wedding!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Kenisea · Married on 09/04/2010

Selecting The Hudson Manor was one of the best moves we've made in the planning process. Melissa was always will to assist with any and every concerne I had. Living abroad and having limited availability to just stop by the venue would have been very stressful, but it wasn't at all. The grounds are beautiful and having the reception hall on the premises was ideal. Melissa even help bustle my dress...; that's how dedicated Melissa and her staff are; taking care of all the little things so that you can enjoy your day.

Sent on 10/09/2010

Linda · Married on 07/24/2010

Melissa and the staff at Hudson Manor helped to turn my daughter's fantasy into reality. Melissa was so helpful, and full of advice, and the staff was superb. The food was excellent, with many guests commenting to me on how delicious it was, and on the kindness and friendliness of the staff. Throughout the long day, Melissa kept smiling and directing, making it almost effortless for me.
    Thank you Melissa for making Stephanie and Jarrod's wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 07/25/2010

Angela · Married on 05/29/2010

My fiancée and I visited a few venues in person and it seems like hundreds online. After only 15 minutes at the Hudson Manor, chatting with the owner Melissa and touring its gorgeous grounds, we exchanged a ‘this is the one’ look.

I wanted to get married at a historic home but didn’t like the idea of the party being broken up in the house’s tiny rooms…or being relegated to a hot and bugy tent. The Manor was a perfect compromise.

The extraordinary home with its grand federal-style columns, gracious porch and breezy balcony imbue the property with a sense of history. While the new detached Grand Ballroom offers both a complementary air of grandeur and all the modern conveniences—such as air conditioning, plenty of open space, spacious bathrooms and a professional kitchen.

In the ballroom you’ll find gilded chairs, floor length mirrors, crystal-encrusted chandeliers and a breathtaking cake display table. It is a grand setting but also neutral enough to look fabulous with any number of themes and colors.

One attractive component for us was that the Hudson Manor offers a complete package. The catering, linen, table settings, ceremony location, reception location, parking attendants, wait staff and Melissa herself are all included. No contacting endless vendors. The Hudson Manor is a one stop shop. Jeff was smart enough to know if he wanted to walk down the aisle with a sane girl we needed an option like this.

Melissa’s husband Glenn is the chef and I’ve got to tell you our food was fabulous. The friendly wait staff even brought us full plates and helped make sure we ate, even in our dazed-with-happiness state.

The Manor also has agreements with all the other types of vendors you might need (cake, flower and DJ mavens to name a few). She has weeded through the dross and found the best in the business—most are award winning and they all deserve to be.

But I think the thing that ultimately sold us on the Hudson Manor was Melissa herself. She is down to earth, professional and as nice as the day is long. Having her experience at our fingertips was invaluable.

On our wedding day she was the quiet shadow, the woman behind the curtain that made everything work. She sewed on buttons, pinned on boutonnières and even did an emergency dress bustleing for me with enormous safety pins. So far above and beyond, I felt teary. Her level headedness made it possible for us to do the Rumba we spent about $400 learning to dance. I’m not sure how in the world I forgot that detail. I’m sure I was not her first befuddled bride.

The day was perfect. Not without hiccups. But the hiccups give you memories. So, perfect. Surrounded by our family and friends in a simply lovely location for the most splendid occasion imaginable. The Hudson Manor and Melissa made that possible.

Thanks for everything, Melissa.
    --Angela

P.S. Here is a link to a selection of images of our special day on our photographer’s blog: http://melissakayphoto.com/blog/angela-jeffs-hudson-manor-wedding.html

Sent on 07/01/2010

Mark · Married on 04/24/2010

Melissa and the entire staff at the Hudson Manor were absoultly awesome, from the set up to the very end everything was perfect. I would highly recommend the Hudson Manor for any Bride looking for a wedding venue. If your looking for a beautiful venue with great gourmet food, elegent ballroom, and a staff second to none, then the Hudson Manor is your best bet. The Hudson Manor made a very special day for my Daughter and Son-in law even that much more special. We will always be so appreciative to Melissa and the staff.

Sent on 04/29/2010