Hudson Manor Reviews

106 | Louisburg, NC

106 Reviews for Hudson Manor

Erin · Married on 06/13/2015

From the minute we drove onto the property, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married. Being very type A, I was looking for a venue that would make sure our day went off without a hitch. We booked at Hudson Manor more than a year before we got married and from the moment we told Melissa we wanted to get married there, she was WONDERFUL! She clearly knows what she is doing. She always made sure that our planning was on track. Via e-mails and phone calls she was very helpful and always happy to answer all questions, even if they weren’t venue related.
    The day of our wedding, she made sure everything happened on time. My husband and I did not have to worry about anything. She took charge of communicating with all the vendors so we didn’t have to worry about the details, set up, or arrival of anything to make sure our day was perfect. When the bridal party arrived, she made sure we had everything we needed. Our reception was perfect. While we had a buffet, she plated everything my husband and I wanted for dinner, including seconds if necessary. She kept us well hydrated and set everything up beautifully.
    We brought numerous things the day of our rehearsal that we needed her help setting up. We had seating cards, a centerpiece for the buffet table, crystals to jazz up the centerpieces, our champagne flutes, cake cutting/serving, etc. Not only did she make sure she knew exactly what our vision was, she made our vision become even better than we thought imaginable. Our wedding was perfect thanks to Melissa. We couldn’t recommend the Hudson Manor with more enthusiasm. Thank you so much for making our day perfect in every way!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Thank you so much for Melissa!!! She is soooo helpful throughout the way!! From the very beginning when we started planning the wedding all the way till the moment we exit Hudson Manor, Melissa is always there and ready to answer any questions we have. Booking this venue doesn't just mean you booked a place for ceremony and reception. It is far more than that! Melissa was almost taking care of everything during the wedding. She knows so well about when to do what so that I don't have to worry about anything on my wedding day. She even took care of every little details I wanted for the decorations and she did a PERFECT job!!! Without her, I even couldn't imagine how many things I should do and I should worry about!!! Thanks for this wonderful wedding and the Hudson Manor is definitely the place for my dream wedding!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Hudson Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for the kudos Jennifer & Milton! I so enjoyed working with you both. It was a thrill for me to host your wedding and meet your families from China. Everyone was so gracious and friendly even after such a long journey. I wish you all the best for your future together! Thanks again for choosing The Hudson Manor. Melissa Cogliati

Brenda · Married on 04/11/2015

Melissa was wonderful. She really kept everything organized and on schedule from the day we chose the venue. She kept in touch weekly to make sure plans were progressing as they should. The day of the wedding went so smooth. The food was wonderful and everyone had a great time. Thank you Melissa for all you did!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

We had a wonderful experience working with Melissa at The Hudson Manor. She was always helpful and made our wedding a perfect night!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Megan · Married on 12/27/2014

Our wedding at The Hudson Manor was absolutely perfect in every way imaginable! Melissa is a true pleasure to work with, and she knows how to make the day run as smooth as possible. She took care of everything the day of the wedding, which made our day so much more enjoyable. The prices are incredibly reasonable, the venue itself is absolutely beautiful, and it truly is the perfect, all-inclusive package! With several different locations for ceremonies (including an on-site, BEAUTIFUL chapel) I can honestly say that anyone's wedding will be absolutely stunning no matter what! The food was delicious, the service was phenomenal, everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful -- all of our guests had a wonderful time, and we couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. Highly, HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Diane · Married on 12/27/2014

I echo my daughter Megan's feedback. This was the most stress-free wedding from start to finish. As the MOB, I can tell you that Melissa, Glen and the staff are flexible and accommodating with every detail. Not only did we have a picture-perfect December day, we have wonderful memories of a once-in-a-lifetime event. It doesn't get any better. Thank you, Hudson Manor!

Sent on 01/22/2015

amy · Married on 08/16/2014

My Husband and I had the most amazing time at our wedding thanks to the venue we chose. The owner Melissa and attentive staff made it so I could relax on our big day and leave the details to them. Her husband handles the kitchen and the food was beyond belief. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the country setting and reception were. Our friends and family had an amazing time but more importantly my husband and I had a day that will remain with us for the rest of our lives. Thanks again Melissa and Glen!
    Amy Ridell

Sent on 09/29/2014

Emily · Married on 05/24/2014

I can't say enough about how amazing The Hudson Manor is! Melissa was always quick with a response to any questions I had and provided updates and reminders leading up to the wedding day. From the second we arrived, everything was taken care of and ran so smoothly, we were able to enjoy the day, stress free. The grounds and house are stunning, and we've been told multiple times by guests that the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend The Hudson Manor to anyone who wants a beautiful, stress free, fairy-tale wedding day!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Tanya · Married on 04/27/2014

Stunning, gorgeous and perfect in every way. Great place for a picturesque southern wedding.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Ruth · Married on 04/27/2014

Our son and his new wife could not have picked a more perfect place for their wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way!! I was sitting in my chair right before it started and looked out to see rolling green hills that led to a lake and beautiful horses in the pasture. You cannot get that just anywhere!!! Our deepest gratitude for making our family's day so special.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Dylan · Married on 04/27/2014

There was no question, we were going to get married at the Hudson Manor! Melissa was such a joy to work with, and exceeded all of our expectations. The venue is gorgeous! Being able to have our dream wedding and reception all in one location was perfect. We were fortunate that the weather was perfect for our outdoor wedding. However, had it taken a turn for the worse, she has a beautiful little chapel that we could have used as well. She's got it all! We will forever be grateful and thankful for all she did for us!!!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Rob · Married on 03/08/2014

I can honestly say our wedding was perfect. Everyone at Hudson Manor made it their mission to make sure we were comfortable and everything went according to plan. The all inclusiveness was a big factor in deciding on a venue and they delivered everything they said they would. Wonderful preferred vendor list.

Sent on 04/06/2014

Heather · Married on 11/09/2013

It was everything we wanted it to be and we had such a great time. I think it is the most beautiful venue not only for photos but for all of our special moments throughout the day. The rooms inside the house were perfect places for us to all get ready in with our friends and family, the garden was the perfect spot for our first look, the foyer was the perfect spot for us to exchange gifts, and the entire property allowed us amazing photo opportunities (the fall tress and leaves didn't hurt either!). I am so thankful we chose the Hudson Manor not only for the venue but for the direction and vendor information you provided us with too. Every vendor was wonderful and delivered exactly what I had in mind.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Krista · Married on 10/13/2013

Our wedding at The Hudson Manor was amazing and beautiful! Melissa was responsive and very helpful with anything we asked or needed. I had more guests show than RSVP'd and she was able to quickly get things situated and worked out before we even walked in. The food was delicious and the servers were friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my wedding was thanks to Melissa and her staff!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Carolena · Married on 05/18/2013

I would recommend The Hudson Manor to any bride wanting a southern, elegant, and beautiful venue! Melissa was so helpful and took care of everything so that I was able to be stress free for my wedding day. I love everything about this venue!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Courtney · Married on 05/04/2013

My wedding day was perfect and went off without a hitch thanks to Melissa and her awesome team!!! Everything flowed smoothly, the food was excellent, and everyone had an amazing time!! Cannot say enough good things about this place!! From start to finish, the whole planning process was easy and fun!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Dan · Married on 05/04/2013

The value and quality we received on our wedding was worth every penny at the Hudson Manor. We initially were interested in getting married in New Bern area but after checking out a few places and talking with venue owners we were dissatisfied. We met multiple times with Melissa before we committed. We were happy with her responsiveness through out the whole process. She will get back in touch with you unlike other venue owners. The Hudson Manor was also flexible with wedding ideas and things we wanted. We used all her recommended vendors and we were very happy with their prices and performance. If you are interested in the Hudson Manor give it a visit.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Kate · Married on 04/27/2013

I fell in love with the Hudson Manor the first time I ever saw it! I had looked at a lot of different venues but this one was PERFECT! It had every single accomodation you could think of! An amazing plantation house to get ready in, beautiful gardens, a stone chapel, and a stunning grand ball room for the reception! It was everything that I had wanted and more! The property that it was on is gorgeous and awesome for pictures! The owner, Melissa, was very attentive, flexible, and made sure everything was perfect for my special day! She went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with everything! The food was EXCELLENT! All of my guests told me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had and the cake was spectacular! I am extremely satisfied and incredibly happy about how everything turned out! I would highly recommend this venue! It is the perfect place for a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Amber · Married on 01/19/2013

I am absolutely speechless with how perfect my wedding was. Melissa was amazing to work with, I would email her at all times of the day and always get a response back immediately! Her staff was wonderful and very professional. Every single one of my guests just raved over how stunning the venue and grounds were. You can not go wrong having your wedding here! I almost wish I could get married again to relive the experience I had there!

Sent on 01/23/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

Had our reception at the Hudson manor everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Teresa · Married on 10/27/2012

Reception was awesome!!!!!!!!. Melissa was SO helpful and food was delicious, DJ (Marcus Ward) was GREAT, Cynda (cake) awesome, Lynn (fresh affairs) the flowers and decorations were breath taking!!!! Would not have changed one thing about the reception. Highly recommend Hudson Manor!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

Excellent! Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2012

Melissa was amazing from the moment we considered the Hudson Manor until we left as husband and wife. When looking for a venue, I called her last minute to see if we could see her venue on Christmas Eve. Not only did she take the time to let us come see the venue, but she sat down and discussed specifics with us. Throughout the entire planning process, Melissa called and emailed several times, asking if she could help in any way. Melissa offered amazing service at a price much more affordable than similar venues. The list of items included in the venue price definitely has many more needed items than other places. Her list of recommended vendors are also amazing. I would definitely recommend the Hudson Manor to any bride who is planning on a budget and who needs guidance through the entire planning process. Melissa was always there for us!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Erika · Married on 10/13/2012

The Hudson Manor is a beautiful venue to get married and have your reception at. The all inclusive package was very conveinent because it eliminated having to deal with alot of different vendors. Melissa and her staff were very attentive and very professional. The food was very tasty and well presented. Melissa was there throughout the whole process to answer any questions, provide referrals and/or to offer advice. All of our guests are still talking about how nice and beautiful everything was. :) Thanks Hudson Manor for providing us with everlasting, beautiful memories of our very special wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2012

jacqueline · Married on 10/07/2012

Beautiful venue and melissa is very helpful.

Sent on 10/21/2012