House on the Hill Reviews

House on the Hill 7
  • Mayra

Mayra · Getting married on 11/28/2020

The place of my Dream

Beautiful and perfect for us. We are having a destination wedding and house on the hill allows us to have a place for our family to stay at. Also I love that they have a place for the ceremony and the reception.

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Vanessa

Jeffry · Married on 10/10/2019

Beautiful Venue

This venue is gorgeous. Every time we went out to plan I was reminded how lovely it is. In my opinion, you dont need a lot of decorations, if any, for this place to be gorgeous for a wedding. The photos attached speak for themselves. This place was perfect for my husband and I. Plus, they have lodging at venue which is amazing!

Sent on 10/18/2019
    House on the Hill 14
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2019

Hidden Gem!

There are not enough words to express how amazing and beautiful this venue is. We were able to book Thursday through Monday and all our guests had the most wonderful time. The outside is breathtaking and the cottages and rooms have a warm, homey feel to them.
    We had our ceremony in front of the waterfall, dinner in the main house and dance-offs outside at the pavilion. I am so happy we found this place and will always remember the time we spent here. You must visit the property to fully experience how tranquil and beautiful it is. Do not pass this venue up.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Latoosa

Latoosa · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Venue Out there!

Stunning view, Responsive manager, sleeping for 20+, oh and you can have it for the ENTIRE WEEKEND! There was not a thing we did not LOVE about this venue! It was a perfect fit for us and what we had planned! Getting it Friday allowed us to casually set up everything with friends and family then and have Saturday be casual and relaxed with just more friends and family as well as some other vendors showing up. Then leaving on Monday made a slow starting Sunday still able to get things casually cleaned up and put away. Lynn was always extremely prompt with her email replies and with me planning this from overseas this was highly important. They were extremely flexible in all vendor services which made it possible for us to have a very customized wedding. I recommend them to anyone who wants a stress free, customizable wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2019

House on the Hill's reply:

You are so welcome! We do our best to make planning weddings from out of town (or in your case out of the country) as easy as possible. Pandora & I wish you and Josh the very best! - Lynn
  • Penny

Penny Schmatjen · Married on 08/24/2019

More than just a place to get married!

This was the "one last place" we went to look at before making our choice. WOW, so glad we did. We had the entire venue from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We we able to have 20 family members stay with us for an amazing weekend. All of this for basically the same price we'd pay for part of one day at other venues! We were able to visit and relax and decorate without the major stress and time constraints. We had an outdoor ceremony, indoor dinner and dancing out under the pavilion. I would say the comfortable max guest count is around 75 but can do 100 if you plan well. We had around 90. Highly recommend that you go take a look!!

Sent on 09/27/2019
    House on the Hill 21
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/06/2019

July 6, 2019 Wedding

We got married here last weekend and I truly can't imagine a better space for our wedding. The layout was absolutely wonderful....we got so many compliments on it! Both of our families are from out of town so it was awesome to have the on-site lodging. We also booked it for an extra day just so we could hang around and swim! There is so much freedom and room for creativity to make the space your own. I had to swing by to pick up something I left at the venue and was pretty sad that the wedding was over and that we weren't hanging out at the venue anymore. It was such a blast. =)

Some things I wish I knew beforehand:

The separate areas at the venue (lawn, dining room, pavilion, etc.) caused no issue whatsoever. I was a bit nervous about moving people around the venue and it ended up being a complete non-issue.

The sunroom doesn't heat up as much as I thought it would from having the buffet line on the back porch. Something I also freaked out about for months that ended up being a non-issue.

The lawn by the fountain is pretty shady in the evening. We visited at around 5PM in October and the wedding was 6PM in July and the lawn had a good amount of shade, so people didn't melt.

I highly recommend this to anybody who wants a laid-back, super fun wedding. The space is perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth chana · Married on 06/23/2019

This place it’s absolutely gorgeous

All my guests loved this place
    I’m glad I choose it for my special day!
    The rent price was fair and I really liked that It comes with chairs and tables.
    Thank you house in the hill...

Sent on 06/29/2019
    House on the Hill 22
    House on the Hill 23
    House on the Hill 24
    House on the Hill 25
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 06/08/2019

House on the Hill was PERFECT!

I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else! My hubby and I wanted a venue: 1. In Austin, 2. Where we could accommodate out of town guests to stay, 3. No noise restrictions or curfew. We found everything we wanted in this venue. The views are spectacular, the house and entire venue is beautiful, and it was the most affordable option for exactly what we wanted! Lynn, the coordinator was fantastic to work with. She was very helpful with any questions we had! If you want a space where you can DIY, choose your vendors, and party all night with guests who can stay on sight, this is the place. But don't judge a book by its cover...the website does not do this place justice! Go check it out for yourself!

Sent on 06/16/2019

House on the Hill's reply:

Thank you so much and we are glad y'all had a fantastic long weekend! I'm sure you and your guests got plenty of fun pool time in too. Best wishes to you and Brent!

Tracie Kronmiller · Married on 03/31/2019

Absolutely amazing!

House on the Hill is absolutely amazing! I wish I could go back and re live the day all over again. The property is beautiful and very well kept. Lynn is amazing and super helpful. I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue, it made our special day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 04/04/2019
    House on the Hill 32
    House on the Hill 33
  • Whitney

Whitney Butler · Married on 03/03/2019

Beautiful in pictures, even better in person

Lynn and Pandora were a dream to work with. This venue comes with a beautiful view and space for your out of town guests. My wedding wouldn't have been the same without it.

Sent on 03/10/2019
    House on the Hill 34
    House on the Hill 35
  • Chad

Chad Blockley · Married on 03/02/2019

Loved this place!

Incredible venue. Everyone was excited and happy to have a wedding at this venue. I loved the variety of locations to photograph the wedding party!

Sent on 09/24/2019
    House on the Hill 36
  • Mariah

Mariah Sokol · Married on 02/23/2019

Fantastic!

Wonderful venue and wonderful people. Was easy to contact and communicate with Lynn and Pandora the venue is well kept and my guests loved it. For the price there really is no better. Highly recommend house on the hill!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Michael Sokol · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful venue

The venue was beautiful. Renting for the weekend made it super stress free having extra time to set up and take down. They even provide tables and chairs so that's one less thing to worry about. The lodging suited 16 of us staying there comfortably. It was an amazing weekend. Lynn was flexible and accommodating and was super helpful.

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Marcus

Marcus · Married on 11/15/2018

The perfect space

The House on the Hill was the perfect wedding venue and a great overall value. I can't recommend them enough. The fountain and outdoor areas was a beautiful ceremony spot. The indoor room was perfect for the reception. Family and friends staying at the venue loved their rooms. Lynn was very helpful from beginning to end, and as a same-sex couple we felt 100% welcomed and appreciated. Perfect venue for our needs!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Jami

Jami Tiffin · Married on 10/31/2018

The best experience ever!

My husband and I had our wedding here on Halloween. It was gorgeous! The venue is just perfect. We stayed there the night before, the day of the ceremony, and the day after. The lodging is so quaint and has such a special twist to it. Our wedding started to get rained out and the inside made a perfect reception area. We would definitely recommend this venue to ANYBODY for any event, Not just a wedding!

-The Tiffins

Sent on 11/16/2018

Joanna · Married on 10/21/2018

Joanna & Brandon Provost dream come true wedding!

House on the Hill holds a special place in my heart! I am the 4th person of my very tight group of friends to be married at this gorgeous venue. Accommodations are fantastic, the location is magical and the indoor/outdoor option for ceremony and reception make this venue incredibly special. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    House on the Hill 37
    House on the Hill 38
    House on the Hill 39

House on the Hill's reply:

Now you can ask your friends who aren't married, who will be bride #5?? Ha! We were happy to host your wedding! Best wishes to you both.
  • Alice

Alice Olvera-Murray · Married on 10/17/2018

Perfect- even after being rained out!

We never expected it to be cold and rainy on our wedding day. We had chosen House on the Hill because of the beautiful garden/waterfall and we ended up having to move the ceremony and reception inside. In spite of this, we had an amazing time and set up a romantic, beautiful altar by the big window in the main room. It turned out perfectly! Our guests had a great time and those who stayed the night, loved it. Thank you for helping make our day extra special!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kristin Epp · Married on 10/14/2018

House On the Hill

This venue is gorgeous, so easy to work and make plans, as well as, offers the perfect amount of open space for socializing and people to gather! We could not have been happier having our wedding at House On the Hill!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

We recently had our wedding at House On The Hill. We couldn’t have been more happy and excited to have had it at this beautiful venue. All of our guests were blown away at how perfect the location was, the vibes of the venue and how homie if felt. Lynn was great she was very attentive to detail, readily available for any questions we’ve had and very accommodating. We stayed on site from Friday until Sunday which definitely helped lighten the load when it came to setting up and cleaning everything up afterwards. My wife and I jokingly said on our way home, “Soo can we do it here again!?”

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kasey · Married on 07/26/2018

I recently had my wedding at House on the Hill and I am so glad that I chose this venue. After a lot of searching, I found this place and it seemed too good to be true. When I visited the venue, I fell in love. This place is gorgeous!! All of my family and friends loved it. Lynn was so nice and helpful with all of my questions and concerns. She was available and professional. I really can't thank her enough. They are also very flexible and allow you to bring in your own food and beverages (which helps a ton when you are trying to plan a wedding on a budget). Definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

Amazing experience! We could not ask for a better venue, price, and service. I highly highly recommend checking them out. We loved getting married there and our guests had only positive things to say.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Mia · Married on 04/07/2018

The perfect space for a big group with out of towners and a DIY spirit. Flexibility to use all your own vendors a plus!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Taylor · Married on 10/31/2017

This venue was perfect! We booked our date two years in advance and loved it more and more as time went on. The staff was very helpful in answering any questions I had in a timely manner, and Lynn made sure we were comfortable with the property and made sure we knew where everything was located. Plus the property is gorgeous! It was usable whether it was rain or shine.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Alana · Married on 10/21/2017

We loved having our intimate wedding at House on the Hill. Lynn and Pandora were so easy to work with, and it was great having family sleeping in one place for the weekend. The venue is still very green and floral in October, and the spaces are very versatile and able to accommodate many different guest counts without seeming overly cramped or cavernous. Highly recommmend.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Amy · Married on 08/20/2017

I could not have been happier! The venue was amazing and our guests had a blast! We had a family friendly wedding and the pool was perfect for the kids. It was the perfect size for our wedding of 80 guests. The staff at the venue was very communicative and great at answering all of my questions. They even let me know about he person who cancelled before my event so I could get more time! Price is great and loved being able to stay on sight! I would definetly recommend for smaller events of all kinds! We also liked that the venue did not have specific vendor list, we could bring in anyone we wanted and that helped us have the wedding we wanted!

Sent on 09/04/2017