House of Treasures Reviews

12 | Endicott, NY

12 Reviews for House of Treasures

I highly recommend House of Treasures for wedding decor! Barb and Brian are amazingly friendly and are extremely creative with their decor. They listen to what you're interested in, and execute perfectly. The draping and integration of paper lanterns was the most gorgeous decor that I have ever seen. Their skills are breathtaking, and they truly made our wedding reception venue gorgeous. Our pictures are amazing. Thank you to House of Treasures for your beautiful decor that truly was a highlight of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Barb did such a great job with our decorations. She did exactly what I showed her that I wanted. She was very nice and I never had an issue getting ahold of her.

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • User3721938 · 2+ years ago

The decorations and lighting that we asked for was 100% what we asked for and then more! I would recommend them for any occasion. We received many compliments on the decor of our wedding and its all because of them!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Couldn't have asked for more--Love the spider legs for my ceiling. Thank you sooooo much :) Would recommend this place to anyone. Prices are great, and that was a major plus!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/23/2016

Barb from House of Treasures is amazing. She took my pictures from Pinterest and made them come to life for my wedding. She was able to decorate multiple locations for our event on time, on budget and was able to give feedback throughout the entire process. I would say that Barb is a master at her craft and as such has a large demand for her talent locally. You may have to be patient waiting for a response to an email, but she will always get back to you. However, your patience will pay off as she will do anything to make your day special. We had everything from backdrops at the ceremony and reception, pillars, candle arrangements, lights... you name it, we had it.

Sent on 08/20/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/26/2015

3.5

Barb from House of Treasures was wonderful. She has been in the business for a long time and really knows what she is doing. However, she is also not afraid to try new things. I booked my wedding venue at The Links at Hiawatha and wanted something a little different than usually done there to decorate the ceiling. She understood what I wanted and executed it BEAUTIFULLY! She found the perfect color fabric with the perfect lighting. It was exactly what I wanted.
    Barb is also so reasonable with her pricing and she never even asked for a deposit. It was a pleasure working with her and I am so glad that I did. The tent really made a statement when our guests entered - it was breath taking.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Caela · Married on 12/13/2014

Our wedding was beautiful. They did an awesome job. Barb was not the easiest person to get ahold of but our venue helped us out with that. We loved how our venue looked

Sent on 12/21/2014
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 10/06/2018

2.0

Barb from House of Treasures is hard to reach, but it's worth the effort! The lights and draping she put together made my dream reception come to life. I am so glad we were able to work with her, and I definitely recommend her for your wedding too!

Sent on 10/14/2018

3.8
      2.5
      2.0

Barb from the House of Treasures was an interesting lady to work with. We received numerous recommendations for her from different venues and friends so we decided to meet with her. First, her shop is the on the second floor of a building in Endicott, but isn't labeled at all! She isn't very professional - she doesn't have you put a down payment for her services or sign any kind of contract. After our initial meeting I did not hear from her until I called her the week of my wedding to be sure she was still available to decorate for us. She was difficult to get ahold of, but her prices are great and she does a BEAUTIFUL job! I would highly recommend her services, just be prepared for an unconventional bride/vendor relationship.

Sent on 08/23/2012

3.4
      3.5

The venue was decorated and beautiful for our big day, however, it was very difficult to communicate with them while planning. At first I could not reach them or leave a voicemail. I was not entirely sure what they offered and did not have a clear picture in mind of what I wanted so I had suggested a meeting hoping they could show us pictures or give examples of what they could/could not do. We were supposed to meet on several occasions but something always happened on their end that prevented us from meeting. In the end, we made a plan for decorations over the phone and it was beautiful, BUT we wasted a lot of time with them during the planning process.

Sent on 11/01/2015

1.4
      0.0
      3.0
      2.5
      0.0

VERY difficult to get a hold of. Called multiple times during business hours and left multiple messages but no one ever got back to me. Tried going to the address listed on google and there was nothing there. My mother had the same experience trying to get a hold f them. Eventually called when someone was able to pick up and the prices for services are very reasonable, it's just tricky to get a hold of anyone.

Sent on 05/04/2015

0.4
      0.5

Please be very careful if you utilize Barb or her husband. I would never recommend them. They are extremely hard to get in touch with and do not return phone calls in a timely manner. They do not provide much detail and then you have to try to speak with them frequently to attempt to get reception information accurate (and again you can not get in contact with them). My friend took pictures of the venue where she was to have her reception and sent them to Barb. All was a go after multiple conversations. Barb reassured the bride she could provide the services she requested and when barb decided she couldn't complete the room as requested the bride even asked for Barbs opinion as to what she could do. Barb and her husband dropped the brides contract 1 WEEK BEORE HER WEDDING with no notice and no reason other than the drive to the venue was to far. Barb and her husband knew 6 months in advance where the venue was and stated it would not be a problem. They are unprofessional, unethical, and negligent. They had no excuse for treating a sweet, good natured bride this way.

Sent on 06/08/2015