Hourglass Lighting Reviews

68 | Wakefield, RI

68 Reviews for Hourglass Lighting

Michele · Married on 08/03/2013

Steve was a great person to work with for our uplighting and floor monogram. He came to our reception site to show us how our room would look and test out different colors to pick what fit best. He was easy to work with and personable. Everytime I called he always said "Hi Paul" which made it nice cause I always felt like he paid attention and knew who I was. You don't get a lot of that from a lot of vendors. The lighting was wonderful & made our room look beautiful. Our floor monogram came out great, as well. He also uplit our sweetheart table. Steve himself came & set up our room which was a nice touch. I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/07/2013

This company is fantastic! The lighting at my wedding reception was absolutely amazing! Steve made my imagination come to life in the ballroom! It was gorgeous, well worth the price. He was very easy to work with and did everything I asked for. AMAZING!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

My husband thought I was crazy when I said I wanted lighting at our reception and that it was an unnecessary cost, but after seeing our reception room he couldn't have imagined it any different. Our lighting pretty much made the look and feel of our wedding. We are beyond impressed with the services provided by Steve at Hourglass. It truly transformed the room. It was so beautiful it is hard to describe. David Tutera himself couldn't have made that room any better. The lighting took the room from a nice pretty banquet hall room to making you feel like you were in a celebrity wedding. I would definitely recommend this service to every single bride, ever.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Anna · Married on 02/23/2013

Professional, punctual, and awesome results!! Doing uplighting made the biggest, most dramatic difference for our reception. We also did a tree light in the background, almost in the ceiling area. This was an incredible value for the difference it makes in decor & ambiance. A common concern must be that uplights, since theyre on the floor, may not look so great. No worries here! Steve set up the uplights behind the baffels (little white stands that cover the uplights)-this happens to be how he typically sets them up. Steve was terrific to deal with from a customer service perspective and for the results!! We highly recommend using this company for lighting!!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Kate · Married on 02/16/2013

Lighting made all the difference!

Thank you so much to Steve for transforming our wedding venue with his beautiful lighting. We used the bistro strands at the Mohonk Mountain House outdoor pavilion and we were thrilled with Steve's work. The lighting completed the venue atmosphere. Steve was very easy to work with, responsive, and took care of business without you even knowing he was there. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Micah · Married on 11/17/2012

Hourglass lighting is a top notch organization!

Steve, the owner of the company, was very accommodating and easy to work with. He listened to our requests for lighting and made sure we got the exact colors that we wanted for our room. He was nice enough to allow me to come to one of his other events prior to my wedding so he could show me in person how our color would look - this was much appreciated.

The pricing is competitive and our my opinion, you get great value for what you pay. The amber uplighting we chose was a perfect compliment to our fall color theme and really brought the room to life for the reception.

It was an absolute pleasure working with Steve and we highly recommend him and his services for weddings and/or any other special events.

-Micah and Jenna

Sent on 12/03/2012
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/20/2012

Steve was great and did a fantastic job lighting Locust Grove for my wedding reception. I even booked him last moment and he was able and willing to squeeze in my wedding. His equipment is top notch and he can do just about anything you want. Thank you Steve! You helped make our wedding great!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Steve from Hourglass Lighting was fantastic! He still did our lighting even though he had another wedding. He came and set up early. The pricing was great and the quality was excellent. He was very easy to get in touch with while planning and gave me some great ideas since I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted with the lighting. We received so many compliments on how the lighting really changed the atmosphere at the wedding. It was beautiful! Highly recommend using Steve for lighting.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Brittany · Married on 02/11/2011

Steve, of Hourglass Lighting, was a complete joy to work with and so incredibly accommodating. I can be rather indecisive and he was more than willing to work with every single change that I made. In the end, we opted for pink uplighting in the ballroom of our wedding reception and are so incredibly happy that we did. We had a vision and without Hourglass Lighting, it would not have been realized. I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been the same without Steve's gorgeous lighting. Everyone was in awe of how stunning the entire room looked and that was because of the amazing quality of work and expertise at Hourglass Lighting. We wanted our reception room to look different and because of Hourglass Lighting we were able to accomplish that and so much more! What a wonderful vendor to have worked with!!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Amanda · Married on 01/01/2011

I am so glad I "splurged" & hired Steve!! The lighting he did for us was worth every penny!! He took our gorgeous venue & made it look spectacular! I cannot tell you enough how thrilled we were with how the lighting looked. I had the perfect winter wonderland wedding!

Sent on 02/02/2011

Laura · Married on 09/21/2013

Steve was really awesome to work with. We had our wedding in a barn on the heels of two other events in the same space. Steve was incredible in working with us to recycle a lot of what was already up in the barn for a great price, while ensuring that the rustic space still looked elegant and classy. He was easy to work with, prompt and reliable.

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • Jordan

Jordan S. · Married on 08/11/2018

Responsive. Professional. Easy to Work With.

Steve from Hourglass was great! The lighting looked wonderful and set the tone for our whole evening. Everything was set up as described and the team was very responsive to any questions we had leading up to the day.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Hi Jordan it was a pleasure being part of your wedding. I’m glad we were able to offer more strands of bistro lighting at no charge.

Liz · Married on 04/23/2016

Steve and the team at Hourglass Lighting were such a pleasure to work with! We originally weren't sure if we wanted uplighting but decided the space needed it and I'm so glad we did! As a last minute vendor of ours they were extremely responsive and on their game. They're a preferred vendor of The Grandview where we got married and rightfully so - they do a fantastic job! Steve was extremely knowledgable when it came to our space and what colors were most popular - I would definitely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks very much Liz! All the Best!

We were on the fence about adding the bistro lights at our venue but we were so so glad we did! They looked fantastic and really added to the feel of the wedding. And the photos look great with them in the background! Honestly, we felt like it was one of the better decisions we made! And Hourglass was really great to work with--very flexible and fair.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Savitri · Married on 05/10/2014

It's a father & son team. They were very nice, the father did not try to rip you - he was very honest. The son was very quiet, but helpful. Overall, I love the lighting they provided for my special night.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2016

Hourglass lightening was able to make the massive space for my wedding intimate with a warm glow. The venue would not have had the same feel without. The lightening was my highest priority and came out beautifully. In my opinion it can make or break a venue and is well worth the investment.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

3.5

Hourglass Lighting provided additional lighting for my barn-style wedding. Steve and his team did an amazing job with the lighting set up in the barn and gave it the exact feel we were looking for. His lighting setup helped create a warm, comfortable environment for us and our guests. He worked closely with us to make sure the setup was exactly the style we were looking for. He was very responsive in his replies and made us feel comfortable with the process. He was also great in coordinating the setup with the venue. Would highly recommend this vendor and their services.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jude · Married on 08/15/2015

3.0

My wedding was in the tent at West Hills. Being that it is a large white tent, it really did need some accent lighting. Steve helped advised me on the color and it fit in great. My only complaint is that it didn't look as full is it did in the photos where it appeared like there was more lighting.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Hi Jude,

Thank you again for choosing Hourglass Lighting and for your review. I'm sorry it didn't look as full as you expected. We only have one photo of our lighting in that tent which the client paid to have the entire tent lit. Your contract was to light only the reception side of the tent. You and I never spoke but i did not intend to misrepresent what we would do in the tent to your mom. All the best to you both. -steve