55 Reviews for Hourglass Lighting

Event Design (2)
Monograms (1)
Pinspotting (1)
Drapery (1)

Steve and his son were very good. They had good ideas, and were punctual.

Profile Picture Michael, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Hourglass Lighting was a phenomenal addition to our beautiful fall wedding. Steve was there from the very beginning to answer any/all questions we had and he helped light up our ballroom and make our night that much more special. We highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for your special event, they’re awesome! Thanks guys :)

Profile Picture Danica, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We have used Hourglass Lighting for our past two annual fundraising events. Each event had a specific theme and Hourglass Lighting was able to provide lighting that matched each theme perfectly! The first event was a winter theme. Hourglass Lighting used blue lighting with white snowflakes. The lighting made the room and the guests loved the ambiance the lighting created! The second event’s theme was “Havana Nights”. Again, Hourglass Lighting picked out a perfect lighting scheme! The lighting pulled together all of the decorations and made the room feel like you were in a tropical paradise in the middle of the Fall. Thank you Hourglass Lighting!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Flowers are important but the proper lighting makes the wedding! The uplighting gave the room warmth and depth. The pin lighting showcased the beautiful arrangements we had on the tables along with the wedding cake. The room was totally transformed and beautiful! This is the second wedding we have used Steve because he is flexible, creative, and reliable. Thank you for making the wedding so special!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

By the time our wedding arrived, Steve truly felt like family!! He and his crew were so easy to work with and the lighting pulled our entire venue together. Steve provided suggestions and worked with us to turn our tented reception into a dream come true. We received compliments all night and even our venue commented they had never seen their tent look so beautiful! Would highly recommend!!

Photo for Hourglass Lighting Review - Spot lights on our sweetheart table.
Profile Picture Nicole, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Event Design, Accent, Dance Floor, Outdoor, Pinspotting, String, Uplighting

The first word that came to mind when I saw the lighting at my daughter's wedding venue, the Pavilion at Mohonk Mountain House, was SPECTACULAR! Steve Fernandez of Hourglass Lighting did an outstanding job of creating a "magical" ambiance that was in perfect balance with the overall beauty of the outdoor pavilion and its natural surroundings.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The lights Steve put up at our venue made all the difference in transforming the location! He was great to work with and took the time so talk with us over the phone to make sure we got exactly what we were looking for.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

So glad we used Hourglass Lighting. Steve was a pleasure to work with, and he truly transformed the ambiance of the ballroom to be JUST what we wanted it to be. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Profile Picture User7540592, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Steve could not have been more accommodating in working with us to provide an exceptional lighting experience. We were very specific as to what we wanted and had to overcome some technical challenges within the venue. Steve was creative, and at the same time pragmatic as to what we were able to accomplish. The wedding was spectacular - and since flowers and lighting are what create the atmosphere, Steve and his team gave us an incredibly memorable day. From a logistics point of view, the team was reliable, communicative and overall fantastic. I could not be more enthusiastic about recommending Steve and endorsing him and his company.

Profile Picture nancy, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

After many visits to our venue, we knew we needed Uplighting on our big day (truly - see your venue with and without it!!). Hourglass was so easy to work with, and really one of the most behind the scenes parts of our day. I've never met them in person, I didn't see them the day of, but in the end, they made our space look perfect and it was one less thing to worry about!

Profile Picture Martha, 9/17/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

THE BEST OF THE BEST! Steve of hourglass lighting is absolutely phenomenal to work with! I wanted the lighting to look a specific and unique way and I had many questions during the process. Steve was right there answering all of my questions with lightening fast speed. I had never felt so confident in booking a vendor before. He was even answering my questions during nights and weekends! He was such a great help during the whole process and even assisted me with areas that was beyond his call of duty. I wanted to rent wine barrels for our ceremony and didn't know who to ask and where to get them. Steve recommended where I could find them in the area - this was truly above and beyond. The day of I was so excited to see the lighting and let me tell you the lighting was beyond our wildest expectations it was so so so completely gorgeous, it made the entire venue come alive !!! We were on a tight budget and at first debating if we should add the lighting since lets face it lighting is not as important as the food on your plate but wow what a phenomenal decision it was. The lighting really made the entire party and I can't imagine my wedding would have been half as good without it. This is an investment SO well worth it, if you are at all considering lighting for your wedding, do yourself a favor and hire Steve! Regardless of whatever venue you picked he will make it 100 times more beautiful. We couldn't have been any happier, Steve you are a super star! A million thanks from a very happy bride and groom!

Profile Picture Alyse, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Drapery, Event Design, Accent, Dance Floor, Monograms, Uplighting

I chose Hourglass Lighting to provide services for both my ceremony and reception at The Doral Arrowwood. Hourglass Lighting provided pipe & drape for my (a white backdrop) and blush lighting for my ceremony, which helped to create the romantic setting I was looking for. For the reception, they provided purple uplighting which illuminated the room and provided a party atmosphere (my guests raved about how beautiful the room looked)! Hourglass lighting was extremely easy to work with creating less stress for me on the day of. I communicated via e-mail with Steve who was very helpful in my decision making process and always timely in his responses. The cost was reasonable compared to other vendors. The process was seamless and the lighting helped make our day perfect! Steve was great to work with and we highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for any lighting services.

Profile Picture Kyra, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Steve did a great job with the lighting at our Roundhouse wedding. He was significantly less expensive than the other vendors we considered, and we were very happy with how everything turned out. He was responsive and helpful by email leading up to the wedding. Definitely recommended!

Profile Picture User5188334, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Outdoor, String, Uplighting

We chose to work with Hourglass Lighting for our wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on memorial day weekend 2016. The results were absolutely stunning and blew away our expectations.

The lighting designer Steve Fernandez was familiar with the Mohonk and had designed there before many times. The dinner was at the Pavilion, a large, stone-pillared roofed open area the size of a barn. Our vision was for stringed festoon lights to create a fairy-tale like wedding. Steve worked closely with us on our site visit and through many calls to talk through how to enact our vision. Steve was very knowledgeable, creative and hard-working. He was also mindful of the electricity output and worked directly with the other vendors.

When we arrived at the dinner after the cocktail hour, we were stunned with how beautiful the lights were. It was the perfect amount of light; a romantic atmosphere and not too dark or light. The stringed lights were truly dream-like and incredibly beautiful. Steve had said there was a generator running but we didn’t hear anything. It was also good value based on the cost of similar lighting arrangements, and well worth the cost. We are so pleased with Hourglass Lighting and strongly recommend them.

Profile Picture Ferve, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Steve was amazing! We told him we wanted an autumn theme with orange and reds and he even incorporated leaves on the ceiling of our tent! It was amazing all our guests thought it fit the thee perfectly. Steve was also extremely easy to work with and also quickly answered my questions! My husband and I would highly recommend him to any for up lighting he is a true professional!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Accent, Uplighting

Steve brought to life the wedding of our dreams! My husband and I got married at the grandview in Poughkeepsie, NY overlooking the beautiful Hudson Riiver this past August. With the sunset being later in the evening I wanted to create the sunset experience in the ballroom for my guests. Steve was very helpful in picking the right candlelight color and feel we wanted. When I walked into the ballroom the day of the wedding I was blown away. I was definitely nervous because of course you want it to be perfect and Steve made it incredible simple and easy and of course perfect! Thank you Steve your the best!

Profile Picture Taryn, 8/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

It was a pleasure working with Hourglass Lighting. They were very accommodating, professional, responsive and they delivered a beautiful product. I would recommend them to enhance any venue!

Profile Picture Andy, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Steve at Hourglass Lighting was a pleasure to work with. He made our wedding look amazing! Very professional and fast response time. We had no worries when it came to working with Steve! Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Adanna, 7/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Steve was a pleasure to work with!!! We were skeptical about using lighting since our wedding was in the prime of summer but we are so glad that went through with working with Hourglass Lighting. The lighting at our wedding was AMAZING and really made our reception look different and beautiful. The lighting truly helps to create a different atmosphere! Steve was very friendly and quick to respond to any of our questions. I would definitely recommend Hourglass Lighting to anyone who wants to make their wedding look that much more Amazing!!!!!!

Profile Picture Adanna, 7/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Steve was wonderful to work with. He and his crew were prompt and did a beautiful job. They were also incredibly reasonable; they really worked with me to fit our budget. I highly recommend their services to anyone looking!

Profile Picture Alexsandra, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Lighting is one of those things that is so subtle, but makes such a big difference. Hourglass Lighting was great to work with. We were looking for something simple yet tasteful, and they had plenty to choose from.

Profile Picture User5463586, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Hourglass lighting was incredible! When I contacted the company, the owner replied quickly and offered to work out a payment plan because we booked him late in the planning process. We used this vendor because our venue has worked with them repeatedly and we know why! Amazing! Lighting is a must have at your wedding! It transforms the entire evening. Our big day was absolutely stunning and everyone is still talking about how magical the room was. I would highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Steve was great! He was so easy to talk to and made it all very simple. He was very fast to respond with any and all thoughts and questions I had. He was a pleasure to work with. He came in on the day of set everything up as it needed to be and after the event he came back and took it down. I received a lot of compliments on his work - the uplighting pulled the room together. With the colors of the linens, the candles and the glow from the uplighting the room had such an elegant warmness to it. It was beautiful! Hourglass Lighting was great!!

Profile Picture BIANCA, 10/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Steve did an awesome job with the lighting for our wedding. It created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. Not only was the lighting exquisite, but Steve could not have been more accommodating or helpful throughout the whole process. He went above and beyond to help us have the perfect day.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews