Hothouse Design Studio Reviews

Hothouse Design Studio 5
Hothouse Design Studio 6
Hothouse Design Studio 7

Danelle · Married on 12/28/2013

I loved working with Mandy. She was so responsive to my ideas about having a reception that looked a little different from other weddings. I told her I didn't want any formal flower arrangements on any of the guest tables. She has a warehouse full of cool stuff like candelabras, picture frames, couches- so much stuff I can't even name it all!! It was so great that she understood my vision and had the stuff to carry it out. The best part was that I knew I could leave the creative license with her and her team, and she made it all come together. I wish I could upload a picture with my review so you could see how awesome the work she did was!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Casey · Married on 12/14/2013

If you want to work with a florist/designer/artist who knows what's up, is 100% professional, creates real beauty, and is superbly fun, you need to get your butt to Hothouse! Jessica made our wedding day everything I never dreamed it could be. If you know exactly what you want or just have an idea of the vibe you want... or if you have no idea where to start, she can interpret the crazy workings of your mind and create absolutely stunning beauty. She worked with me in my moments of insanity, when my reception venue had to be changed halfway through the planning to change the scale of my arrangements and props to fit a completely different, much larger, space all while working with my original budget. We had such a great time, I kinda wish I had another wedding to plan!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Dare · Married on 10/12/2013

I worked primarily with Jessica Morris, who was excellent. I felt immediately at ease with her. She listened to what I had in mind and tolerated lots of Pinterest emails of examples from me. When we ended up with more people that we thought, she was great to help out with coordinating additional tablecloths etc. She helped with the set up and clean up, even though it was not all her responsibliity. She kept my things left over at her warehouse until we got back in town. Overall, just an excellent experience and great customer service.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Angela · Married on 06/29/2013

Many at Hothouse Design Studio was amazing! She was able to create exactly what I wanted while staying within my budget. My flowers were beautiful!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Linda · Married on 12/29/2012

Mandy and Jay Ross created a beautiful vintage reception that was beyond every expectation. They took my daughter's vision and turned it into reality. HotHouse Design Studio is fantastic, creative and a joy to behold!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Danyell · Married on 08/18/2012

I used J Ross for our wedding, and he was AMAZING! Let me first say that he is probably the nicest guy I have ever met. I told him what our budget was and what I was looking for, and he made it happen! All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the reception was. He made that happen. I was not very precise on wanting things EXACTLY a certain way. I just told him the colors and elements I wanted and gave him permission to use his creativity to design whatever he wanted. It was AMAZING! Choose J Ross. You won't be sorry. :)

Sent on 10/21/2012

Marta · Married on 12/04/2010

If you want something that isn't like everyone else's wedding flowers - go to Mandy at Hot House! She is amazing and I had total faith in her vision for our wedding. She gave us the romantic winter wedding that we were hoping for!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Casey · Married on 01/16/2010

HotHouse is THE florist in town! Finding a florist was the hardest part of my wedding planning and was getting very frustrating until I met with Mandy of HotHouse. She actually listened to me in order to create a design that would be my dream not hers. The final result was amazing!! It was everything I had ever dreamed!!!

Sent on 02/02/2010

Lori · Married on 04/24/2009

Was able to take my ideas and run with them. Was very flexible. Her work is beautiful. Very professional and creative.

Sent on 05/27/2009

Heidi · Married on 04/25/2015

I cannot say enough about Mandy and Hot House. The flowers at my wedding were absolutely gorgeous. We got so many compliments. Mandy originally did a proposal that was a bit high for my budget but worked with me to cut it down some when I needed her to. My wedding still looked like a million bucks. I was stunned at the size of arrangements at the reception. So beautiful. I told Mandy in our first meeting that I love dogwood flowers but know that they are hard to come by. I walked into my reception and saw the most beautiful dogwood arrangements I've ever seen. I found out later that Mandy specially ordered them for me. I know nothing about flowers except that I wanted all white. Mandy made it beautiful. My husband and I could not be happier with the way it turned out. Thank you Hot House!

Sent on 04/28/2015

HotHouse was very accommodating and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend them for wedding serviced.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Cindy · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful and professional

Florals and decor took up a large portion of my budget. I had been following Hothouse for a while on Instagram and after one visit to their warehouse I was sold. It was like a wedding planning dream! I had a fairly vague/indirect vision (pretty sure literally what I said to my designer, Jess, was "Wildflowers, but formal?"), and they totally delivered. Everything was so elegant and classy looking, I have had multiple guests tell me how wonderful the decor looked. Also I think it's important to note, I did not have a wedding planner or even a professional day of coordinator. My designer definitely guided me through a lot of the process and Hothouse is such a professional team they executed everything beautifully day of with little input from me. Loved them!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Linda · Married on 06/10/2017

Everyone was blown away by what Hot House/Prop House created to make our daughter's wedding reception beautiful. Below are some comments from our guests:
    "Breathtaking in every detail"
    "Absolutely amazing"
    "The flowers and lounge area were incredible"
    "There aren't enough words - the beauty of the reception left me speechless"
    "The decor was magical"
    "That flower ring.... wow... just wow"
    "The reception was stunning"
    "Even the rose petals for the bride & groom send off were fabulous"
    "The most beautiful, elegant wedding I've ever been to"

Sent on 06/26/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/10/2017

Mandy and her team at HotHouse was able to take my endless pictures, comments, and particular details for my "vision" and execute flawlessly! Everything turned out even better than what I was picturing, and Mandy was so flexible with last minute changes. Countless guests commented on the perfection of the flowers, lounge furniture, and centerpieces. Thank you, Mandy and the HotHouse team! There is a reason they are the top vendor in this category in Birmingham!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Norma · Married on 02/27/2016

Oh my gosh- my flowers were perfect, my brooch bouquet was perfect, everything was absolute perfection.
    hot house/prop house is THE florist/ rental house to use. They have an extensive collection of rental items and make unique and beautiful flower arrangements.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

I am SO happy that my wedding planner suggested HotHouse as a "must meet" during our vendor selection process. When my paths crossed with Mandy, I knew that the stars has aligned and I had to have her and her talented and hard-working team be a part of our wedding! Mandy was such a sweetheart and a joy to work with from start to finish! Mandy and her team captured my floral vision perfectly and creating such beautiful bouquets (mine was a masterpiece!!), ceremony and reception arrangements, and throwing in a few GORGEOUS surprises, too! The arrangements on the welcome table and bar garland were TO DIE!! She literally brought me to tears with all of her floral goodness and I appreciated all of her genuine efforts to ensure that our wedding beamed with floral elegance! Mandy and her HotHouse team are amazing and we will continue to recommend them to all of our family and friends!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

I worked with Jessica for our wedding and absolutely loved her! She was so easy to work with and extremely helpful. She was willing to meet with me several times and was very patient with my indecisiveness. There were a couple of details I should have been more specific on, but I was overall extremely happy with the way everything turned out and would have used them again. The team at HH is so fun and I was thankful to have them as a part of my day!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Brittney · Married on 10/07/2017

Jessica was seriously the best! She and I became very close throughout the planning process, I can only say that about one other vendor, my photographers (AL Weddings). My flowers and decor turned out so beautifully!!! There was a slight misunderstanding with the mantle piece that I wanted, but Jessica was sure to fix the problem and made exactly what I wanted! Love, love, love Jessica and HotHouse!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/03/2017

Hothouse brings vision to life! I still can't get over how absolutely perfect (and STUNNING) our reception was & so much of that is due to Mandy and her team. Other than my vision for the reception (white + colored floral explosion, modern, chic), I gave Mandy no direction other than to let her creative juices flow. She did exactly that & WOW. Totally knocked it out of the park. Best floral design team in Birmingham without a doubt. Choose them & you and your guests will be raving about your wedding for all of the years to come!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Carissa · Married on 08/22/2014

Jessica did a great job! She went above and beyond and braved the heat to make sure our day was beautiful!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Carissa · Married on 08/22/2014

Jessica was great! She braved the heat and went above and beyond to make our wedding beautiful.

Sent on 09/16/2014

As a designer, I had a good idea of what I wanted to achieve aesthetically. Jessica was very patient in listening to my ideas, flexible as I made last minute changes, and executed the concept beautifully adding her own professional expression.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Jessica was so wonderful to work with! Her studio has really so many lovely options to choose from for any type of event, from small cute glass bottles to unique cake stands to gorgeous settees and sofas and so much more! Not only did she have great ideas on what to offer me for my wedding reception, but she was great at knowing how many and what kind of items I really needed to be tasteful and without being too overcrowded or 'too much.' I loved working with her and enjoyed her personality and professionalism. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/11/2014

4.2
      3.0

Hothouse design studio did the most AMAZING job at my wedding and especially the reception. I couldn't have dreamed it up any better. At times, they took a little to long to respond but it was never a problem and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/08/2013

3.0
      3.5
      3.5

I was very pleased with the flowers and candles for my rehearsal dinner and my son's wedding and reception. Mandy is a pro!!!

Sent on 12/07/2015