Hotel Palomar San Diego Reviews

6 | San Diego, CA

6 Reviews for Hotel Palomar San Diego

David · Married on 09/05/2015

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel! From start to finish it was the easiest experience ever! Special shout out to Angie (Catering Manager) who was a huge help both through the entire planning process and the day of! The staff was very professional and attentive on the day of, made me feel relaxed and taken care of.

I got so many compliments on the food so shout out to the kitchen, keep it up!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Palomar was amazing. We felt so accommodated our entire time there, and Andrea was fabulous.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2012

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Hotel Palomar. When we first started planning our wedding, we really wanted a destination feel for our guests, so we picked Hotel Palomar because of its boutique style and cozy atmosphere. If you haven't been there, you should stop by for a drink or dinner. It's a gem in the heart of downtown San Diego.

Although the hotel was undergoing a management transition and we worked with a few different reps while planning the big day, the staff at HP made the process seamless. Nothing fell through the cracks. The staff was incredibly flexible when nailing down the details for the event and we felt like everyone was genuinely excited to host our wedding. When we checked-in to the hotel the day before the wedding, we were treated like family, and by the time the big day arrived, we felt like we knew the whole staff. Each of our guests commented on how beautiful their rooms were and complemented the staff attention to detail.

If that wasn't enough, the space itself was magnificent. Both our photographer and videographers raved about how lovely the details throughout the venue were and we were given free-reign of the hotel to stage our shots. It's such a unique space and unlike anything in San Diego.

The day was perfect and we can't thank Lynn, Britney, Chuy, Steve or the countless other HP staff members enough for all of their amazing work.

Sent on 10/03/2012

We held our wedding ceremony and reception on the 4th floor pool deck on June 30th and had a terrific experience. Kristen Stevenson did a wonderful job on the details and remained flexible to meet all of our needs. Great downtown location and the pool deck and attached lounge worked beautifully for all of 70 guests.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2011

I got married at the Hotel Palomar on 10.01.11. and it was the best decision I could have made. The entire staff was absolutely wonderful- very professional and friendly. And the catering manager, Jen Mendes, who you will work with as a bride, could not have done a better job. She worked with me the entire year of my engagement to ensure that my wedding was exactly what I had envisioned.

The rooftop ceremony was modern yet romantic and very urban chic. The ballroom for the reception was perfect because of the high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, and beautiful wood paneling. The food was amazing and definitely worth the money- a lot of my guests commented on it. I would also recommend having your guests stay on property because the rooms are very swanky and the proximity to fun restaurants, shops, and bars in the gaslamp district is built-in entertainment for your guests.

I would definitely recommend the Hotel Palomar to anyone who wants a modern feel for their wedding day.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Liz · Married on 08/19/2011

I had my wedding here 8.19 and couldn't have imagined it ANYWHERE else. The hotel had EVERYTHING and the guests loved not having to travel all over San Diego. I can't say enough nice things about Jen Mendes- I probably emailed her over 150 times with questions, suggestions, ideas, etc, etc...she made planning this wedding a BREEZE! The hotel had fantastic service, the rooms were great, the food was AMAZING, the ambiance is just what we were looking for. THIS is the place for a wedding- we had the ceremony in the lounge, enjoyed drinks on the pool deck, dinner in the AMAZING restaurant, and then back to the pool deck for dancing. I loved hearing all my guests talking about how great the hotel was, loving their rooms, talking about the food, etc....definitely what a bride wants to hear. I wish I could do it all again just to be able to deal with the Se staff! Can't wait to celebrate anniversaries at this FANTASTIC spot. The hotel will not disappoint. :) :)

Sent on 09/07/2011