Hotel Northampton Reviews

94 | Northampton, MA

94 Reviews for Hotel Northampton

Maryann · Married on 06/14/2014

The staff was attentive and especially wedding co-ordinator Brianne she was so helpful and she went out of her way to
    Make everything absolutely everything we could have wanted. The room was beautiful. The day was spectacular. The food was exceptional. It was served hot and guest really enjoyed themselves.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Christina · Married on 05/03/2014

Hotel Northampton has the most beautiful grand ballroom for a wedding and they turned our day into a real life fairy tale. We truly were so happy with how every detail was taken care of by Brianne (we went over a lot of details) and her team, Tori (head banquet manager) and Jonathan, in particular were excellent! It was nice to have the person you were speaking with throughout the entire process be there as you step out of the limo. It was actually a relief during the madness to see Brianne and literally stop worrying; and with a bridal party of 16 that can be challenging. As an Italian bride, I indulge in the pasta with vodka sauce (which was the best I had ever had) and the dessert. The table filled with desserts was amazing! Other guests said their meals were hot and delicious. I think our only minor hiccup would be with the front desk/hotel bookings, which is almost a separate entity, because Brianne handles the event itself. There was some confusion on the valet for guests, but my mom talked to them and it was resolved quickly. For room blocks, I would speak to Ruby (in charge of the hotel portion) at the beginning and let her know what you expect and get all your questions cleared up (price/room type). Our bridal suite was lovely! I was concerned that I may have wanted a double balcony, but I would stick with the one they offer with the package. We had champagne, fruit and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us at the end of the night. Brianne didn't need to do much reassuring, it would have been unnecessary. She was confident in her people and knew everything would be executed as planned. Brianne knew our reception would surpass our expectations without having to keep saying it, and she was right. We were more than pleased with the level of service and quality Hotel Northampton had shown our family and our guests. Thank you, Brianne and your event team for creating a wedding "dream come true" that we will never forget.

Sent on 05/20/2014

We just had our wedding at Hotel Northampton earlier this month. What a beautiful place, anyone who has visited will know this. Brianne and her staff were great throughout the whole experience. She was quick to respond, gave thoughtful suggestions and was able to really work with us to get what we wanted. Brianne is everything you need in a coordinator and more! The quality of the food was also excellent...as a "foodie" this was important to me and they delivered. There were a few mix ups day of, but the staff took care of them once they were brought to attention. Overall I would have my wedding there again in a heart beat and would recommend them to anyone looking for a historical romantic setting.

Sent on 10/22/2013

This place is just amazing. The ballroom is elegant and spacious, the hotel lobby is beautifully appointed (this is where cocktails are served), the food is outstanding, and the service is impeccable. We worked with Brianne Ebel, who make sure that every detail was perfect. She also acted as a weeding coordinator to make sure everything went on time and ran smoothly.

Having the hotel just upstairs was wonderful. That way, guests could stay late, drink, then just go upstairs to their rooms.

There were several wedding packages available for all budgets. The value of the Imperial Wedding, was excellent. This package included wedding cake, limo service, full bar, and a dessert table.

If i could give more stars for this venue, I would!

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • User4519528 · 2+ years ago

Really beautiful place, and they were great to work with. GORGEOUS!! Ruby is really good. Kelly is new but working with Ruby, so everything worked out well. Very responsive through the planning process. Food was great no complaints there. One thing that could be improved a little was the bar situation. We heard from guests that during cocktail hour it was really hard to get a drink. They had one bar and we had about 155 guests. During the reception I felt there was always a wait at the bar as well. The other thing to note was that it was HOT in the grand ballroom all night. Granted, it was a hot day in August, but the A/C really couldn't keep up with all the people/ dancing unfortunately. We had a lot of guests dancing the majority of the night, but in my opinion the dance floor is small and felt a bit crowded. As noted we had 155 guests and I would say that was plenty for that room as it felt a little tight. Would be hard to fit more people in without it feeling extremely packed. But as far as reception itself and the planning, we were very happy! Beautiful place and we got SO many compliments, especially from out of towners!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Eileen · Married on 10/05/2012

We had our wedding here, and it was perfect. Brianne, our coordinator, was fantastic.

Sent on 12/28/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2016

I stayed in the Hotel Northampton from 6/16-6/18 and also had my rehearsal dinner in one of their restaurants, Wiggins Tavern. Although I was getting married offsite, the hotel staff was very attentive & congratulatory to my husband and me, and our suite was very clean, with a nice balcony and view. Our guests loved their rooms and the service provided by the staff at the Hotel Northampton as well. Our rehearsal dinner at Wiggins Tavern was wonderful. I had been in contact with Courtney to set it up and they were very accommodating, making room for one of my bridesmaids' 2 year old twins at the last minute (adding on to our already large table of 17). They were also great with dietary restrictions. Everyone commented on the great ambience, with the fireplace, brick walls, etc. and the food and drinks were great. We also had breakfast the morning after our wedding at Coolidge Park Café and loved that as well. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you're having a local wedding & also booking Wiggins Tavern for your rehearsal dinner location.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Mike · Married on 06/06/2015

Overall our experience was great. Everyone at the hotel was very attentive to our needs and very helpful when we needed something. I would definitely recommend the Hotel Northampton to anyone looking for wedding venues in western Mass.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Margaret · Married on 05/25/2013

We used to live in Northampton so wanted to come back here for our wedding. We live over two hours away now so the wedding packages added some convenience to the process.We had a wonderful wedding day and the staff was very helpful and professional which was definitely recognized by the guests. Brianne and Ruby had everything under control as they told us what we had to do and where we had to be every step of the way.
    After our ceremony which was a block away, we had pictures done with the wedding party and got to relax for a few minutes in the board room. There were appetizers and drinks waiting for us and a friendly server who took orders for drinks too. The evening flowed very well and the ball room looked lovely. Another nice touch was having fruit and champagne in our room at the end of the night.
    One main issue we had initially and was very upsetting was our initial tasting. The food at the tasting was not good and was not cooked well. This definitely had a big impact initially as we were contemplating what to do next. We had another tasting (actually 2 because I wanted to try another dish) which went well and the food on the day was really good (hence the great review points). We didn't try everything (as happens for the bride and groom), but we had really good reviews from the guests. We did a buffet option which Brianne was flexible with and that worked out great. Brianne did reassure me through this entire process that everything would turn out well and she was right. She was well organized throughout this process and really does a good job at The Hotel.
    Another observation is that the boardroom us offered for brides to get ready, but my bridal part and I preferred to get ready in our actual hotel room there. Getting ready in the boardroom with the long conference table and chairs, just didn't feel comfortable, but at least it's there if needed.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Korie · Married on 08/05/2017

We have not said our "I do's" yet but after looking at many locations we chose Hotel Northampton as our reception venue. Kelly and the business manager are extremely flexible and willing to work with our needs. Due to what they offer in their packages, we don't have much to worry about.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Lynn · Married on 10/26/2013

Hotel Northampton was a great venue for our wedding. All of the guests are still talking about the great food and how beautiful everything was. The staff was helpful through the entire process and made it easy since we were planning the wedding on our own. The day went smoothly and we were able to enjoy every moment of our wedding.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

Brianne provided an exceptional experience at the hotel Northampton. She was flexible with my unique demands and questions. Brianne kept me on track and made me feel completely together at the same time. She is a true professional and an excellent person to work with. Hotel Northampton provides an all inclusive experience through the wedding process.

Sent on 12/12/2013

The Hotel Northampton was an absolutely amazing place to have my wedding. The wedding planner Brianne was very enthusiastic about her job, but extremely professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. The food on the day of the wedding was fantastic from start to finish. Every single guest that I spoke with at the wedding raved about everything that was put on their plates.
    I would highly recommend the Hotel Northampton for a wedding to anyone who asked because of the first class service, food, and overall experience my husband and I had with our wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/25/2016

Great package deals that are reasonably priced yet great value! Very professional and experienced staff. Classic, historic atmosphere in a very quaint small downtown.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Mariluz · Married on 09/14/2019

Awesome!!!

We had a great time but we were charged for kids food and there were none. Kids barely ate. Also we weren't told til the very last minute that guests had to pay for parking if they parked in the garage. The staff at the event was great. And the banquet manager was awesome. My 8 month daughter needed a bottle and he sent one from his staff to buy it at the closest store. No charge!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • 2beKiendzior

Danielle · Married on 01/08/2011

The Hotel Northampton is a beautiful venue both inside and out. I assumed we would never be able to afford it as I felt it would be very much out of our budget. I was estatic however when we found out how reasonably priced it really was. Discounts were offered when we married off season (January) and the ballroom and hotel were decorated beautifully. They listened to my wishes and made everything happen. The wait staff was wonderful and respectful. We also LOVE that we can go to the hotel for dinner or even spend a night to walk down memory lane.

My only criticism: speak with the staff regarding your cake choice. When attending the food tasting I was impressed by both of the bakers that were our choices since the cake is included in the cost. When meeting with Deb (our cake designer) she was late to the appointment, and on our wedding day my husband and I actually giggled at the decoration of our cake. Unfortunately, it was not what we expected and looked extremely amatour. It absolutely did not stand up to the quality of the hotel. Please review your options and maybe see if you can work with an outside vendor.

Sent on 07/11/2011

kristina · Married on 08/01/2009

4.2

I had my wedding there on August 1, 2010. The banquet coordinator I was orginally working with left and a new person was filling in. I didn't click with Ruby right away. I didn't feel like we were on the same page. But the venue itself was gorgeous. I had my ceremony in the small banquet room down stairs and the reception in the grand ball room. I had stations for food and I heard everyone loved it! I had a pasta station, carving station, potato station, and dessert station. People had 2 hours to eat and no one was rushed. No one went home hungry. Very expensive but totally worth it. The only small mishaps were because of Ruby not the venue.

Sent on 05/24/2010

heather · Married on 01/30/2010

I just love this place.
    It was pricey - but worth it.

Sent on 03/02/2010

Sara Ann · Married on 05/08/2004

2.2
      2.5
      2.0

Although the event turned out well, we had a lot of problems with the owner prior to our reception. The stairs were ripped out of the front of the hotel without our knowledge. (orange cones were in front of the hotel on our wedding day)
    There was hair in my food at the tasting and the room was supposed to be redecorated on the day and it was not.
    In the end, the food was great and they came around.

Sent on 09/09/2008