Hotel Monaco Chicago Reviews

9 | Chicago, IL

9 Reviews for Hotel Monaco Chicago

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Where do I even start? I would select this venue again in a heartbeat. This company knows how to do business! Their wedding coordinator Rebecca was one of the two major reasons we booked this venue. She was adorable, prompt, on top of everything and so accommodating. So many places in Chicago have huge turnover and it was so nice to work with the same person the entire time who clearly knows the company and the venue. From the private phone line for our guests to book their rooms to the boutique feel of the hotel and fantastic room rates for the center of downtown everything was perfect. Hotel Monaco should give Rebecca a raise she is a crown jewel and made our event so wonderful. The nice part is, you are the only event in their hotel that evening and get the entire 3rd floor with a gorgeous room just for cocktails that overlooks the Chicago river. Their is a room to prep all your decorations in on that floor and Glen the engineer would promptly let us in anytime we needed in the days prior to leading up to the wedding to get anything we needed.
    Now the second major thing, the food. My husband and I are huge foodies and we didn't want your typical "wedding food". We trialed the food first at south water kitchen (the restaurant in the hotel) and instantly fell in love! Our waiter Sean actually served us several times including our wedding during the year of planning and was wonderful and just seemed to completely love his job which made things so much fun. We choose the beef braised short ribs and white fish with quinoa that was incredible and all of our guests raved about it. The appetizers during cocktail hour with mini grill cheese and delicious goat cheese tartlets to just name a few. Our signature cocktail was a hit and designed by the bartender that won the Chicago Reader cocktail competition last year. Most of all everything was so easy, in a single package including our cake. Of the 20 places we looked at it was by far the best value. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/27/2016

diana · Married on 07/18/2015

Hotel Monaco Chicago was the PERFECT wedding venue. My husband and I were married at Hotel Monaco Chicago on July 18, 2015. We had the pleasure of working with Rebecca Lachman throughout the planning process. She is absolutely wonderful! She was so organized and attentive towards every detail. Throughout the planning, Rebecca and I exchanged many emails. She was always so responsive and patient with each and every question I had. She allowed us to come in several times to walk through everything. Rebecca took the time to really know what we wanted for our wedding day and she certainly delivered on the day of. She went as far as to give out her cell phone number to communicate with me, my mom, and sister throughout the weekend's events. Because of her, I was so calm on the day of my wedding because I knew I had absolutely nothing to be worried about with Rebecca

Sent on 08/07/2015

David · Married on 08/30/2014

From the initial phone call to Lisa Danno about booking our wedding at Hotel Monaco until the time we checked out the experience was simply amazing. The attention to detailed paid by the staff was welcoming along with the over the top customer service. The hotel rooms were spacious and comfortable and the window seats are the perfect place to catch an afternoon nap or to gaze at the Chicago nighttime skyline. The ceremony and dinner were held in the private dining room of South Water Kitchen. Our dinner was amazing and like the staff of Hotel Monaco, the staff of SWK was top notch. I highly recommend considering Hotel Monaco to host your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/01/2014

The Hotel Monaco was remarkable! From our first call through the entire experience, Lisa Danno was highly professional, relatable and exceeded our expectations.

We had our wedding and reception at the hotel over Labor Day weekend and it was the perfect venue for our 75 person black tie wedding. From the stellar venues for pictures, to the quaint Kimpton touches, everything was special.

The hotel offers a wedding coordinator to help you with your event and Lisa was closer to a wedding planner for us. Providing us with recommended vendors, suggestions on linens and high touch service, we received well more than what we paid for.

The food from the South Water kitchen was not your typical wedding food with top quality restaurant dishes and service. The cake, that is provided in the cost of the wedding, from Alliance Bakery was delicious and beautiful!

The staff was amazing! They seem to enjoy our reception as much as our guests and they appeared to truly enjoy working our event.

I hope our friends choose this venue so I can enjoy a wedding as great as ours!

Shannon & Yvette

Sent on 10/28/2014

This was a perfect venue for a small wedding for about 30 people. The food was wonderful. The staff were welcoming and accommodating from the planning to the actual day and beyond. The location was perfect and allowed out of town guests to experience Chicago with no hassles. We highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Theresa · Married on 10/13/2007

My husband and I received many compliments about how nice our reception was, not to mention the food being quite good. It is because of Hotel Monaco and Kerry Craig, their Catering Sales Manager, that I could truly enjoy my wedding day. Everything was taken care of as we wanted. For the money, Hotel Monaco is a great value and I would argue just as nice, if not nicer, than some of the more expensive recpetion venues we saw.

Sent on 11/07/2007
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 03/14/2015

The staff at the Hotel Monaco was terrific. Everyone from the doorman to the wait staff during the reception took great care of us, and really made our day special. The event coordinator was amazing - she just handled any issues/changes as they came up during the event, she even took our dog out for us during the reception (Hotel Monaco is a pet-friendly hotel so we were able to keep our little guy with us for the weekend.) The food was fantastic - the chef is wonderful. We felt it was a good value for everything we got - and the view of the Chicago River from the suites and the event spaces is nothing short of spectacular.

We did sometimes have to call/email a couple times to get a reply on a few things - but we also understand that was due to some staffing changes that left our coordinator covering way more than she normally has to. That's the only reason for the 4 star in one category.

I would totally recommend the Hotel Monaco to anyone looking for a really beautiful venue, with great food, and a staff that knows what they're doing.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Julie · Married on 05/09/2009

Everyone at Hotel Monaco from the front desk staff to the restauarant staff to the housekeeping and back office made our special day amazing! Our wedding reception was exceptional thanks to the banquet Manager, Mitchell Ray and his attentive staff. The room looked amazing, the food was delicious and the atmosphere joyful! The staff at the hotel worked with us in getting our rooms at a rate that would be reasonable for everyone. There was not one complaint from anyone - not even the bride!!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Amber · Married on 08/11/2007

3.8
      3.5
      2.0

The Hotel Monaco provided all that we needed and then some. However, the room rates for our guests were very high and that left many people searching for rooms in our area. this was difficult logistically for many people. All in all we had a lovely time at the monaco.

Sent on 01/21/2008