101 Reviews for Hotel El Convento

Event Planning (7)
Covered Outdoor (6)
Uncovered Outdoor (5)
Outside Cake (4)

We planned our wedding at El Convento from abroad. Tary and the rest of the team at El Convento provided excellent service. From our visit to the venue a year earlier, even through the recovery of Hurricane Maria, the team was always responsive and attentive to our wishes. They accommodated us to hold the ceremony in the courtyard and it was absolutely stunning. The food during the cocktail hour and reception was excellent. There was more than enough space in the reception hall for our 130 guests to have a wonderful time with ample space for a dance floor. Diane, our shadow provided by the hotel, was excellent and made sure that all of our needs were met during the event. The experience was everything we wanted and I would recommend others to book this venue as well.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning

We were delighted with our experience at El Convento. From the customer service to the food, everything was perfect! When we visited 6 months before our wedding, Ely showed us around and made our tasting experience amazing. We had no reservations about the food or service our guests would receive. During the week of our wedding, they were extremely accommodating. They even upgraded us to the Presidential Suite, which was an amazing experience and facilitated some exceptional getting-ready photos. The Martorell Room, which we used for our reception, is a one of a kind masterpiece. Painted and decorated by a renowned Puerto Rican artist, the room needs only minimal décor and every photo looked amazing.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amelia, 1/13/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Indoor

What a service! Hotel el Convento is simply the perfect venue for weddings.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 1/5/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

We recently had our wedding at Hotel El Convento and I am so thrilled with our decision. Having toured numerous wedding venues, I was disappointed to not be finding exactly what I was looking for. After our first visit we knew right away this is where we wanted to have our wedding. Throughout the process MariOlga Martinez were so incredibly accommodating, super quick with responses, and overall fun/friendly people to work with. Anything we wanted done she figured out a way to make it work. Making selections at our tasting was very difficult because everything was so delicious. We had a ton of guests from out of town and everyone absolutely loved their stay at the hotel. My wedding day could not have been more perfect! Everything ran so smoothly, food was absolutely amazing. So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Hotel el Convento is truly a treasure with excellent service, delicious food & incredible atmosphere. Trust me, you will not regret having your wedding there! Big Thanks to Gabriel Gualdi, Iwete Santiago, Orville Rodriguez, and off course Mariolga Martinez. I wish I had the names of all the employees that worked the night of my wedding to thank them for such an amazing job they all did! Thanks again to all the employees that make that night awesome.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jenny, 5/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ely is so wonderful!! The entire staff at Hotel El Convento is incredible! First Class!! They are all so friendly and attentive. The attention to detail and beautiful presentation made our wedding even more beautiful and special than we ever imagined. Plus, the food is amazing!!! Our guests loved it!! We are so grateful to Hotel El Convento for making our wedding day extra special!!!

Profile Picture Katrina, 2/24/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Linens

This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Since we first stepped into the El Convento, my now husband and I were in love with everything about it, the architecture, the history, the rooms, the food, the surrounding, the staff. We had a cocktail party at El Convento to welcome all of our guests before our destination wedding. The ambiance and food were Amazing! The paella was the best I have ever had and all our guests agreed! So many people said they want to come back to Puerto Rico and stay at the hotel. There is something so mesmorizong about this place! And thank you to Ely who made it turn out perfect!! She was wonderful!

Profile Picture Amanda , 7/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted both our wedding reception and the farewell brunch for our destination wedding at Hotel El Convento and both were a great success! The reception was in the incredible Salon Campeche and the brunch was in Salon Oller the next day. The venue is so beautiful and in the best location for a romantic and elegant destination wedding that is sure to run smoothly because the staff at Hotel El Convento are so professional. I was very worried about my July 2016 wedding due to weather and Zika concerns but in the end, we had more than a 60% attendance rate and we realized just how overblown these concerns are in the media. The property was patient, took all the required precautions, and helped us execute the most beautiful wedding. We are so happy we decided to have a destination wedding here and could not be more grateful for our experience. Throughout the planning process the catering manager was responsive and quickly addressed all our concerns, questions, and requests. We had a backup plan in case of rain and even though it rained heavily until noon the day of the wedding, I was never stressed. Thank you a million times!

Profile Picture User6992842, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations

I think it would be hard to find a better place in Old San Juan to hold a wedding reception than El Convento. Everything was perfect and guests can't stop talking about it. Ely and her team did an outstanding job helping put our special day together. Ely was very responsive, professional, and great to work with. I highly recommend holding you wedding reception at El Convento.

Profile Picture Clark, 2/13/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Stephanie Gonzales helped me from the beginning, she was very accessible and accommodating. I was able to get all the answers I need it before booking the venue. The Paoli room was cozy and private perfect for the 50 guest we had in our wedding, we decide it to go with the food stations and allow our guest to eat as much food as they prefer. Everyone loved it, the paella was hands down everyone favorite dish. the hotel is a beautiful building rich with details and beautiful Spanish architecture i was very pleased with our decision.

Profile Picture User5077462, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Cake, Indoor, Linens, Accommodations

Ely was an amazing help throughout the planning process and day of. Our initial plan was to have ~30 family/friends attend our small intimate wedding at EC. Just days after we sent our deposit, we found out that my sister and SIL were BOTH expecting and due around our date 4/2/16 and there was no way I was getting married with everyone but them there. Our options were to push the wedding back a year, lose the deposit and get married at home (Chicago), or elope. After much thought, we decided to scrap the full wedding, move the date up and get married just the two of us. We couldn't be more happy with that decision. Ely was very accommodating and allowed us to apply our deposit to an elopement ceremony. The day went flawlessly and we were even invited by the governor to take photos at his mansion! A day we will truly never forget and wouldn't have been possible without Ely and El Convento.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

Having my wedding at El Convento! My guests also stayed at the hotel. The hotel was so luxurious! My guest were blown away. They hosted a wonderful cocktail for my guest and I did no planning for it! They had an amazing wine hour for guests, and always had ice cold water bottles and coffee! It was just such an amazing experience. There were no hidden fee with my wedding which I also did there. It was just an absolute pleasure to work with everyone there!

Profile Picture Natalia, 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Linens

Hotel El Convento was the perfect place for my wedding. BEAUTIFUL PLACE.
Ely was very professional and attentive to our specific needs and that made it all come as I wished..

Profile Picture Valerie, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding and reception at El Convento. Everything was absolutely perfect and I am so happy that we chose a destination wedding in Puerto Rico.

Ely is very helpful and was there to make sure every detail was perfect. I was pleasantly surprised by how much individual attention our wedding received since it was smaller and they had multiple events going on.

The food at my reception was one of the best meals I had in PR. The service staff was also so nice and went above expectations. I would say everything about El Convento exceeded any expectations I had. When we return to PR in the future we will definitely stay at El Convento again. I am so thankful for the wonderful experience we had and I truly couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Profile Picture Kristi, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We spent our wedding night here, this is such an amazing place to stay. It is beautiful and the service is fantastic. They also upgraded us to suite.

Profile Picture Matt, 5/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding was gorgeous and stress free because of the gorgeous grounds of the Hotel Covento and the helpful staff at the hotel. I have no regrets. My contact was Ely Rivera and she was very responsive, accommodating and professional through the planning and day of process. I received so many compliments from our guests regarding the food and the beverage services.

Profile Picture Mercedes, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

OH.MY.GOSH! Everything, and I mean EVERY LITTLE THING was superb. Ely is a blessing and the entire hotel staff is fabulous. My dream wedding came true and I wish I could go back in time to savor each second. The food...amazing! We splurged on the filet mignon and it was totally worth it. Most of guests ordered it and we heard only great comments. The hotel itself is a gem...I've stayed many times before and will continue to do so. You too can have your dream wedding. Visit Hotel el Convento for yourself and experience the charm.

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/10/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hotel El Convento was the PERFECT place to get married. We had a destination wedding (approximately 30 people) with everyone staying at the hotel for 3 nights. Throughout our stay, our guests were treated extremely well adding to the festivities of the wedding.

The main event took place on Saturday night. The terrace was perfect for the ceremony and Salon Martorell was beautiful for the reception. The hotel was picturesque as well as within walking distance to scenic locations to take additional photos.

We recommend this venue for several reasons. The food was incredible! We had a 4 course meal where each course was better than the last. The cocktails were also something to write home about- guests loved the passion fruit mimosa! The ambiance of Salon Martorell was perfect for a small wedding. The room was intimate and unique. The set up of the room made the party flow very well with space for 4 round tables, cake table, bar, dance floor and DJ. On top of the venue living up to our expectations, the price was very reasonable.

Working with the hotel was super easy. Emails were responded to promptly and whenever we called, we were greeted with excitement and recognition. When we arrived to the hotel, we mentioned that the best man was celebrating an anniversary and they brought champagne and chocolates to his room at no charge! The customer service was first class.

Profile Picture User3945358, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding reception at Hotel El Convento was truly the best decision we made. Besides being beautiful and full of history, every last person involved with our wedding and our stay at the hotel went above and beyond to make our day perfect. We had to make a last minute venue change (as in--the night before), and they could not have been more accommodating. The food was fantastic and there were so many choices! A special thank you to Ely Rivera--working with you was a true pleasure. And to the waiters Luis and Matteo---my family still talks about you! El Convento takes service to a new level. I cannot recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I fell in love with Hotel El Convento as a little girl and always knew that that's where my wedding reception would be. 20+ years later my dream came true! We had 80 guest in El Salon Paoli. Everything from our cocktail hour, to dinner and our stay was incredible!

If you want a Spanish feel to your wedding, El Convento is the place to choose. Our guest are still raving about the food and service.

Thank you, El Convento for making our experience memorable!

Profile Picture Debby, 6/8/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

BEAUTIFUL VENUE!!! Amazing staff, SO HELPFUL with scheduling and coordination. They were happy to work within our scheduling constraints and our tight budget. They even helped us coordinate a ceremony location outside of their hotel!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Profile Picture Mark, 3/29/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding and reception was held at Hotel El Convento. I cant say enough about how wonderful and easy they made the process of planning my wedding. Not only is the hotel beautiful and historic, the staff is very professional and easy to work with. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with on our special day! I 100% recommend this hotel for your special occasions!

Profile Picture Tabatha, 2/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

El Convento helped us coordinate and put together our dream wedding! We cannot put in words how grateful we are to have Ruben Alvarez and his staff help plan the wedding. Many guests thought the food was the best they've ever had at wedding. In addition to the wedding itself, our guests and ourselves really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Everyone from the front desk and valet are so helpful and carry a positive attitude. We look forward to our next visit to Puerto Rico and plan on staying at El Convento again!

Profile Picture Lucille, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

El Convento was absolutely wonderful! The food was EXCELLENT and I heard many praises throughout the night. The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the event. Roxana Vera was an amazing coordinator and made sure everything was perfect up to the day of my wedding. Big thank you to the F&B team for putting on a great event.

Profile Picture Lynnette, 10/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Hotel El Convento. This was our third trip there and our wedding. The event planning was excellent and very well communicated. Everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful. Every detail was taken care of for us and we had the time of our lives!!

Thank you so much El Convento!! You've provided quite an amazing memory for us!!

Profile Picture Kyle, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews