16 Reviews for Hornblower Cruises & Events

China (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)

Attended a wedding on the zambrotta on 8/18/18 and it was the best wedding experience ever. Highly recommend this venue. The staff was extraordinary from day one. Loved it. ♥️♥️

Profile Picture Carol, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I recently got married aboard the Zumbrota yacht and the experience was better than I could have ever expected! Jane and Elizabeth were extremely helpful, and Christina (the on-board coordinator) was extraordinary! We also had Captain Vic on the ship- he was super fun! We planned this wedding in about two months and Hornblower managed to accommodate all last minute needs and provided all the best vendors for cake, florals, etc. Our guests said the food and endless mimosas were absolutely amazing and everyone had a BLAST. So pleased with Hornblower!

Profile Picture Tayler, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a awesome time! It was so perfect! They let us decorate it and it was awesome! Everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Connie, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was perfect and everything went smoothly. Our family and friends are still talking about it. My wife and I had a very beautiful wedding.

Profile Picture gregory, 3/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nita from Hornblower was a godsend. She helped with every aspect of our wedding and was so prompt with all of her resposnes, even to my most ridiculous questions. I was planning our event for a dinner cruise in Newport, although I was living in Sacramento, and my husband was living in Sweden. Nita helped me to customize my event to accomodate both American and Swedish traditions, and she was able to do everything with only meeting me in person once before the actual event. As every bride knows, wedding planning can be a nightmare, but Hornblower took care of EVERYTHING. I cannot even begin to describe how detail-oriented they were and how AMAZING the whole event turned out. The boat was gorgeous, the serving staff was INCREDIBLE, the food was PERFECT and DELICIOUS (seriously, my husband and I still talk about it every time we go to another wedding... nothing has been better than the Hornblower catered menu). The vendors they set us up with (like our DJ, the bakery, and the florists) were all incredible. Nita even helped me find suggestions for people to do my hair and makeup. I cannot say enough good things about how incredible our wedding on Hornblower was. It has been 2 months since our wedding and I still get guests telling me how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. EVERYTHING was PERFECT.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Chairs, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast

I was initially skeptical to have my wedding on board a Hornblower vessel, believing I would feel like a "number."

Nothing could've been further from the truth. From my initial call with Kaitlyn, to my further assistance with Elizabeth; they made me, my fiance (at the time:)) and our wedding seem important to them, and they truly CARED.

They provided us with a vendor list and the vendors we used were amazing. Planning a wedding is difficult, but with the Hornblower team, next to me, I felt they navigated me through a lot of the landscape. They provided me with a lot of hand holding, education and suggestions.

Captain Corelli, who officiated our wedding, was so warm and sincere. Melissa, was on Zumbrota and guided the entire wedding day. Kelli Kel - our DJ - was TERRIFIC. Bianca, our florist, was amazingly creative and our flowers were breathtaking!

My husband and I would not change a thing.

I feel so lucky that I went with my gut and chose to use this venue!!!!

Profile Picture Terry, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We chose Hornblower Cruises for our daughter's wedding venue. Hornblower Cruises was an absolute pleasure to work with. If I could award bonus stars, I would! Most of our daughter's wedding party and guests were from Europe. The Bride and Groom live in BVI. Thus the wedding planning process fell on me. Jennifer and Karen were aware of this and helped make our daughter's wedding the dream day she was hoping for.

Hornblower is an all inclusive type of venue. They make it very easy to choose what you want in the most cost effective way. They have a wide variety of types and sizes of yachts as well as a substantial assortment of packages to choose from that fit varying budgets.

Karen, our event coordinator, was exceptionally patient and helpful. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and always remained professional. I'm certain this may have been quite difficult at times as my daughter made many changes on many occasions including up to and after date deadlines. In addition, Karen and the staff at Hornblower allowed for requests that were unusual that allowed for a very personalized experience. The level of service we experienced was exemplary!

Julia was our day of coordinator. I was worried about not having contact with the coordinator until the day before the wedding, but she did a fantastic job. Our groom managed to get lost the day of the rehearsal and Julia kept everyone calm and got us through a very difficult situation with ease and aplomb.

The staff for the event was fabulous as well! Julia, Lance, Samantha and Captain Mark, as well as DJ Rob, all helped make the wedding truly special. They worked seamlessly to make sure guests were always tended to and that no one had to ask for anything. Glasses were continually topped up, hors d'oeuvres were passed discreetly, and the meal served efficiently. Service continued even after we returned to the dock. They helped me load everything (flowers, cake top, extra favors, etc.) into my vehicle far af

Profile Picture Susan, 10/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our Wedding Reception Celebration was amazing on the Zumbrota yacht this past September 2013.
The yacht is a historical beauty that is very special. We worked with Christina Domino and Megan Robbins throughout the wedding planning and they we're both helpful in making sure our wedding celebration had all the special touches we wanted.
The staff onboard was not only top notch they we're friendly and we had many compliments regarding the service.
Our Dj, "DJ Kelli Kel" is the best!! Super nice, really takes time to create the perfect musical journey that is perfectly timed and a lot of fun. :-)
The yacht looked gorgeous and Britica Designs, our floral company via Hornblower created gorgeous florals...and set up all my "designing creations", which was fairly extensive....with great flair!
It was a total "Labor of Love" that will always bring smiles to our faces for a lifetime!
We not only "rocked the boat" with a lot of joy and happiness, we created an amazing memory that will be one of the most special times of our lives!

Profile Picture User3715308, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Make category lists (flowers/bakery/food/drink/ etc.) and write down reminder words. Chck off when task completed!
Have a final check off list for dressing the bride. It's easy to forget things like jewelry.......
Ask your consultant questions..............they are the professionals!!
The "Entertainer" ship was just perfect for the wedding and our coordinator, Carolina ran it smoothly the entire evening. Everyone on board said it was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to.

Profile Picture ELAINE, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake

Amazing wedding for a reasonable cost. Everyone was so impressed and loved the venue. The staff was also so helpful, professional and fun. The food was top notch, the DJ was amazing and the service excellent!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 5/10/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.7

Adventures At Sea was wonderful to work with! For the majority of my engagement, I was out of state going to college. They were wonderful helping me plan from so far away, and very flexible in working with me when I was home from school on breaks or special trips specifically for the wedding. They were great!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/23/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience on Hornblower and Nita was extremely helpful in the planning and execution of the event. She was always easy to reach and quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had.

Profile Picture Sharon, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor
4.2

nkcxhj zckdsk fjdksljfckndafskcfi e uwiofu dinshfkdahfdknsalhfiuelhcn dhfjksdan dhjfhsajfkhdsjaklhflsj n

Profile Picture fdsaf, 5/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was a great time with family & close friends. Food was great! Time management could have been a little better but it was all worth it. We would definitely do it again but would have been a little more on top of timing stuff.

Profile Picture Anjel, 7/23/16, 1 Review
2.8

The DJ is good. The captain can be more professional by memorizing the ceremony speech.

Profile Picture shanshan, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews