Hornblower Cruises & Events Reviews

Hornblower Cruises & Events 2
Hornblower Cruises & Events 3

Homer · Married on 08/03/2019

Incredible and amazing

Hornblower cruises really provided the greatest experience my wife and I had. I recommend them without a doubt, the food was delicious, the ambience was incredible and the hospitality was top notch.

It was inexpensive and just totally lovely

Sent on 08/05/2019

Ronnie Feder · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful Venue!

Our daughter’s wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks in large part to Tyler, Sales Manager. He was a pleasure to deal with, highly professional & very responsive. He took care of explaining and implementing every detail. Captain Aaron & the crew made sure all our guests were happy & safe. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Hornblower Cruises & Events 4
    Hornblower Cruises & Events 5
    Hornblower Cruises & Events 6
  • Jared

Jared · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing Experience That Won't Break the Bank

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception on the Hornblower Hybrid and it was everything we could have wanted!

First of all, Tyler in the sales office was a dream to work with. Super friendly and attentive without being pushy, he genuinely cared that we had an event we would love. He was super responsive to email inquiries and was great about giving us advice/guidance without forcing us in a direction we didn't like. He made us feel like we could have anything we wanted but also wasn't afraid to point out potential pitfalls for ideas we hadn't quite thought through. The ship itself was gorgeous, with floor to ceiling windows that let in a ton of natural light and priceless views of the NYC skyline.

You won't need much in the way of decorations to have a beautiful looking wedding (we just had some small floor centerpieces and photos of us). We had the ceremony outside on a sheltered deck so light rain - which we had on our wedding day - won't derail your plans or soak your guests. The main deck is entirely enclosed so once the reception started it could have started pouring and it wouldn't have mattered.

A big positive for us is that catering and the cake are included in the price so that took a couple of big decisions off the plate. We did the brunch buffet and it was absolutely delicious, with lots of different options for many palettes (the chicken and waffles are legit). The cake is from Magnolia Bakery with a good selection of options to choose from and the ability to upgrade to fancier decorative options. There was plenty of food and all of our guests commented on how delicious everything was. Also, the open bar that comes standard with all of their packages has a huge selection so no need to upgrade unless Top Shelf liquor is a major priority for you.

You don't really get a rehearsal on the ship because it is used for nightly cruises, but Hornblower provides you with a day of coordinator to keep everything on schedule. Ours was Gabriel and he was a blast, really adding to the festive atmosphere (multiple guests commented on how fun he was); we agreed on a timeline beforehand and he was great at keeping us on track without being intrusive or pushy so we could focus on enjoying our wedding and socializing with our guests.

Not only were we thrilled with everything, but our guests all raved about the food and the atmosphere. A lot of them said they never would have thought to get married on a boat and absolutely loved the vibe and the views (you will get a great view of the skyline and landmarks like the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty). Several of our married friends joked that they wanted to do a vow renewal ceremony just so they could do the same brunch cruise setup we did.

Overall we cannot recommend Hornblower enough. We weren't sure we'd be able to afford the kind of wedding we wanted in notoriously pricy NYC, but we were able to get a private charter for our 70-ish person wedding with everything we wanted for well under the $33k national average, to say nothing of the much higher NYC average. Going with Hornblower gave us a fun and different reception that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Ernest Carter · Married on 04/09/2019

Perfection!

Thank you for giving exceptional service!! Making sure that we and our guests were very comfortable! The evironment, the food, the music, and the drinks were perfect! Thank you for your amazing attention to detail and organization, as well! Made the best day of my life truly amazing!!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Marc · Married on 09/05/2018

We booked a wedding dinner cruise (private) with hornblower and we are so happy that we did this because it's awesome. Just awesome...perfect to be honest. they are so nice and they offer such a great service that we miss the cruise every single day.
    It's not cheap but on your special day it's totally worth it. they take care of everything. you and your company can have the time of your lives and party all night long while the hornblower crew takes care of everything else. Really great, very nice and funny staff, cool dj, and the food on board is seriously among the best you can get in new york. Try it! You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/05/2018

clair · Married on 09/12/2017

What a fantastic wedding reception, we had 20 guests joining us in NYC to celebrate our wedding and Tyler had been an absolute god send to deal with from another country. Not only was he responsive but offered information and suggestions that I hadn't considered. I never knew an overseas wedding could go so smoothly. Upon arriving at the cruise, Tyler met to greet me and left me in the capable hands of Gabriel. WHAT a superstar, Gabriel went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect for me, a hit with the children and went above and beyond to ensure the best evening was had, and it was. Breathtaking views, sensational food which were the talk amongst the guests for days.
    I cannot thank Hornblower cruises enough, a truly magical wedding reception. Thank you. X

Sent on 09/20/2017

taisha · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely loved everything! Tyler was absolutely wonderful with the whole booking/planning and answered all my many questions even after our ceremony. Gabriel was the best on our ceremony day. He knew exactly what do, how to keep us calm and kept it moving perfectly! For the reception our server Donette went above and beyond for all our guests. If you want a beautiful wedding that doesn't break the bank, this is your one stop shop. I would absolutely recommend Hornblower Cruises.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2017

Arranging our wedding couldn't have been any simpler! Everyone was so helpful and lovely and we had the most amazing day. It was totally value for money.

Sent on 09/15/2017

mike · Married on 11/05/2016

Magical Wedding, Katie Vinson was fantastic to deal with. The food and service were top notch. The views were amazing

Sent on 11/08/2016

Sonia · Married on 07/06/2015

My review is a couple of months over due, but still deserves the feedback!!!

Our wedding reception was held here on June 6th and It was absolutely perfect! We selected the ultimate dinner reception package which includes open premium bar. Everything went smoothly and every guest had nothing but nice things to say. From the moment we arrived and walked in, we were greeted by a song my girlfriends had requested from the d.j. It was an awesome moment! Food was delicious, Views were breathtaking, weather cooperated. The bartenders were great, Gabriel was a pleasure to work with that evening. We had such an amazing time! If there were any complaints, it might have been from your staff trying to kick some of the wedding party of the vessel. They had such a good time they didn't want to leave! But the staff did such a great job and politely got them off the vessel. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone!

Two months later, my guest are still talking about how much fun they had!! We all would love to do it all over again!!

I had the pleasure of working with John Barrall, Sales Manager. He was polite, patient and had great suggestions. Couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Sent on 08/04/2015

I had my wedding reception on Hornblower Hybrid in May 2015. The reception was beautiful, the staff were professional and friendly. I kept the decoration of the reception simple because I felt the yacht itself was gorgeous with floor-to-ceiling windows which would show the stunning NYC Skyline. Unfortunately, it was foggy and rainy on that day, so we didn't really get to enjoy the clear view, but it was still very nice and romantic. Actually, the rain helped keep the guests inside (since they couldn't go outdoor) and participate and dance. The sales manger John was a great great help in helping me plan the wedding reception and making it my special day. I would totally recommend Hornblower as a great place to hold a wedding or a special event!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Katrina · Married on 04/17/2015

I called Hornblower to inquire about at wedding reception and was connected with Mr. John Barrall, Hornblowers wedding and event coordinator who informed me that they do full weddings onboard and I was sold. John was amazing start to finish!He kept in constant contact with me, and even checked in every once in while to make sure that everything was to our liking and going as planned. He was also very understanding, had a professional and happy demeanor throughout and played a big part in making me feel like a special bride.I couldn’t wait to marry the man of my dreams. On the day once I arrived I was greeted by a member of the Hornblower staff. At 6pm
    she guided my fiance onto the yacht, then once in place she came to bring me on. Everything was setup like a mini chapel with our guests seated and Captain Enrique Gonzalez waiting to marry us. Captain Gonzalez was amazing, and very funny. After the ceremony we were greeted with a champagne toast by our Matrie’D Gabriel who led us downstairs for our first dance. We had the ship to ourselves this whole time, before they let on other guests. Gabriel was on point all night, constantly made sure everyone in our party was cared for with a smile on his face and a pleasant demeanor. He was awesome! The whole Infinity staff were smiling and made us feel special and cheery. DJ Kev was awesome as well, he incorporated songs I requested,&had us everyone out of their seats. This time on the Infinity felt special and different than our other times we've been onboard. Our tables were set-up different, and instead of one waiter taking good care of us we had a team of waiters. Everything was perfect and my husband, our guests and I had an amazing night! The drinks were strong,the food was delicious, the cake was so beautiful, and the DJ literally had everyone dancing all night. We are still getting compliments on our wedding. From planning on day one, to the end of the night on my big day I had a blast.

Sent on 04/28/2015

mercedes · Married on 04/12/2014

Hornblower has completely exceeded our expectations. The main room was breathtaking. The service was impeccable. The DJ was amazing. The food was delectable. I just can't say enough, our wedding day was perfect thanks to Mekina and staff. Our guests were well attended and we've only heard great things from them. Thank you Hornblower!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Candice · Married on 08/10/2013

We boarded the Hornblower Infinity for our rehearsal dinner. It was the best time ever. The boat was beautiful, clean and updated and the food was wonderful and plentiful. We were able to have a variety of food stations from Asian fusion to tex/mex. We had an entire lounge deck to ourselves, with our own bar and DJ. This could be a wonderful venue for a wedding reception as well. We had a number of children on the boat and the Captains even allowed them to steer the boat. It was so much fun. Many commented on how great this was. Our outdoor space allowed optimal night views of the New York Skyline, Statue of Liberty, and all of the Bridges. Simply beautiful!!! I would definitely do this again!

Sent on 08/13/2013

our guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Michael · Married on 05/10/2013

We choose to have our rehearsal dinner on an evening cruise in NYC as we had many guests in the US and NYC for the first time. We worked with Mekina, who was prompt in responses and easy to work with, and even showed up to send us off. The food was fabulous, as was the staff. The boats were spotless and elegant. We didn't know what to expect as this was a first time anyone we knew had done such an event for a rehearsal dinner, but the views, food and staff ran it as well as the staff did at our wedding the night after. We'd recommend it to others looking for a cool but elegant idea for their weddings. The layout of the boat is great for a drink with old friends and incredible skyline sights of NYC.
    - Michael Harhay, May 10, 2013

Sent on 06/27/2013

Greg · Married on 04/27/2013

Everyone was great at hornblower cruises. I planned a surprise proposal and they helped with everything from start to finish. People stil leant stop talking about that night and we have already booked other events with them. Thank you Mekina and everyone else there

Sent on 07/04/2013

Our wedding was a complete success, and we could not have done it without the help of Hornblower and especially thanks to Mekina! It was much more then we could have ever dreamed for, many of our guests kept commenting on how great the service was and that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Not to mention that the food was exceptionally delicious (three delectable choices of entrees) and served precisely at the same time by extremely professional waiters. The attention to every little detail from the setting of the flowers to the selection of our superb dj (that kept everyone dancing all night) helped make the wedding of our dreams! Thank you so much Hornblower and all it's staff and again especially thanks to Mekina!

Sent on 07/09/2013

daniella · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I had our wedding on the Hornblower hybrid. We wanted something different and this was definitely the right choice! The staff is wonderful! Mekina was our coordinator and she is spectacular! Elizabeth managed everything on the food end which was almost better than the views! If you are looking for a unique wedding experience then try the hybrid! The only reason I gave a 4.9 on value was because the price to rent the yacht for the night was pretty expensive. It was beautiful though and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/12/2014

We knew right away we wanted our reception on a boat. Luckily, we were able to have the whole boat.
    The booking of the date and the exact boat was a bit tricky, but once we got it, coordinating with Michelle Casciato was easy and fun. I'd highly recommend requesting Michelle as the wedding coordinator through Hornblower SF. She is on top of it, and seems to enjoy communicating along with planning. Plus she's such a kind person that it just seemed like planning with Hornblower was actually quite easy. : )
    I loved my wedding reception on Hornblower. Very classy with seriously great food. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I would, however, try to get at least 5 HOURS of cruising time rather than the 4. We got 4.5 hrs and that went by so quick (I had been warned about through reading reviews).
    PLUS, you can actually get a reasonable rate for a wedding on Hornblower if you don't do too much upgrading (linens, food, etc.) : )
    Good luck!

Sent on 09/18/2013

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding on the Hybrid from Hornblower: one word "fantastic"! From the professionalism of everybody to the special attentions (Sharon), the food, and of course, the boat! Brand new, state-of-the-art, one year-old vessel!!! Our guests were amazed and so were we!!! Since we were the ones planning it, we knew what to expect: but the employees made such a huge contribution to the success of our event, by being there every step of the way, that they managed to amaze us as well that day. The Captain was a great, genuine officiant and made our ceremony sweeter and more personalized than a "church" ceremony.

Mekina Saylor was a great planner, from beginning to end and made sure to address all of my inquiries and worries in a timely fashion!

Sent on 08/02/2013