Hornblower Classic Cable Cars Reviews

Hornblower Classic Cable Cars 1
Hornblower Classic Cable Cars 2
  • Minerva

Minerva · Married on 07/03/2017

We had a blast! We surprised our wedding guests with a cable car tour of SF. Hornblower picked us up at Fisherman's Wharf where we had our brunch and whisked us away to the most iconic landmarks of SF. Our energetic driver, Nicole, pumped music, tooted the cable car horn and got us all in the mood to celebrate. We were partying so hard down the street, folks passed by waved and danced and took pictures of us! When we hit the Golden Gate Bridge and the wind whipped through us, Nicole gave us blankets! And the party kept rolling. Treat yourself and your guests to this fun filled ride.

• Erica

Erica · Married on 11/05/2016

Hornblower was a PLEASURE to work with! The cost of renting a cable car is definitely offset by the fact that 1. You can fill it up with people and make the transportation worth it, 2. The drivers and their flexibility with your needs for your day are WONDERFUL and so personable, and 3. You're in a CABLE CAR in San Francisco for goodness sake and you have it all to yourself! We used it as transportation from our hotel to ceremony, and ceremony to reception venue (amazing views on the way, by the way), and kept it for an extra hour after arriving at our reception to guests could get an eyeful and pictures if they'd like - and most of them took advantage of that. They were quick to respond and wonderful to work with and while my SO was initially hesitant to book something so seemingly cheesy, he quickly agreed that it was a GREAT choice, especially for all of our out of town guests for the weekend!

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2016

We had so much fun driving around in style! Everything was perfect! I highly reccommend Hornblower classic cable cars! Our driver was awesome! He knew the route, and was very accommodating! My wedding wouldn't have been complete without them!

Terri · Married on 06/25/2016

Jonathan and the team at Hornblower Classic Cable Cards were great! They were quick to respond, and super helpful in getting our itinerary organized. We had some changes to make throughout the booking process, and Jonathan was friendly and flexible in getting everything updated. The ride was great as well - our guests had a great time, and the driver made sure to help us avoid traffic and get to each stop on time. Such a great experience working with these guys!

Evelyn · Married on 05/28/2016

We got three cars for our wedding. Two were to take the guests on a tour to kill time between the ceremony and reception. The other was for the wedding party to go around the city and take pictures. Our guests absolutely LOVED this! I have received many compliments and how fun and awesome the tour was. It made the day that more special for us and our guests. I would definitely recommend Hornblower to anyone who would like an extra special touch for their special day.

Great stuff! On time and professional. Thanks so much!

Michaela · Married on 11/29/2014

Jonathan was fantastic. He was very responsive and had great ideas to coordinate my small wedding events. We had 18 people, so tons of room on the cable car. It was a splurge for us, but so well worth it to see the faces of our family when it pulled up. Skye was our driver. He was amazing giving a personal tour to those who sat near him. He became quick buds with my nephews who got to ring the bell at every stop just about.

It really made our event special and very memorable. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Marissa · Married on 11/15/2014

Classic Cable Car Charters is a must for a SF wedding. My bridal party had so much fun riding around the city in the amazing cable car. It was clean, fun, and the perfect mode of transportation. Jonathan was great to work with, prompt with returning emails and flexible. Our driver was also amazing! I would definitely love to use Classic Cable Cars for a future events!

Marjorie · Married on 11/08/2014

Working with Jonathan Adams was a pleasure and a treat! Very responsive, highly professional, sensible, flexible and overall great customer service. The one thing I would advise, however-- anyone who has a strict time schedule for stops along the way (such as I did with my wedding party from photo location to photo location) -- I would do my own research just in case for preferred routes, especially with special events in the city that may cause blockages and delays. The driver is attentive to the passengers, but unless you speak up to go around traffic, he will probably stay on route. Otherwise, the Classic Cable Car Charter was very unique and such a fun way to get around with a group of friends for a special occasion without being overly cheesy. The champagne was flowing and we were even allowed to put up a banner / signage / decorations that made our ride look ultra festive. Loved every minute of it!

Excellent service and very responsive and accommodating in the booking process.

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2014

It was very fun. We chose the 4-7 three hour tour and it was perfect. It was a great time to choose because we had mostly daylight and hit sunset right at the end when we went to Fort Point.

Jonathan answered all my many questions and made the whole process seamless for renting a Cable Car for our San Francisco wedding!

laura · Married on 10/18/2014

The trolley buses were great and added a bit of urban fun for the guests who came from all over the country. Being Mother of the Bride, 30 of us were on the last bus with the bride and groom and wedding party. We created quite a stir as we drove past people who noticed the beautiful bride. Lots of whistles and bravos!!!! The wedding photographer also took some pictures of the bride and groom with the trolley in the background but I haven't seen them yet. The weekend of San Fran festivities was great and the trolleys added a lot of cool SF personality to our events for the guests.
    Thanks Jonathan for taking care of us and communicating so well with me prior to the event, it went without a hitch, perfect! Couldn't be happier!
    Laura Dickey

Lillian · Married on 10/18/2014

Jonathan and the staff at Classic Cablecars are amazing. They are very responsive and always punctual. I have used them multiple times for weddings and will continue to recommend them.

Vanessa · Married on 10/14/2014

Chris Leschinger was our driver on 10/14/14 for our wedding. Not only was he on time, friendly, and professional, but he saved our wedding day!

Unbeknownst to us, there was a convention right in front of our venue. This caused certain roads to be closed, and major traffic jams. He managed to weave through traffic and drop us off as close as humanly possible in front.

He obliged maneuvering the cable car around for photos with a can-do attitude.

My wedding photographer ,Amanda from Blueberry Photography, was so impressed with him, she said she will now recommend him to all of her future brides.

They allow alcohol, food, and your own music on board, which really enhanced the experience. Everyone was able to celebrate and dance in comfort.

It was a cold windy day, but it was warm inside the cable car, and no one complained about the cold.

All paperwork and information was done through Jonathan Adams who was always responsive and funny.

If you want unique vehicle transportation and an unforgettable experience, book them!

Kinley · Married on 10/10/2014

We are so happy that we included a cable car tour of San Francisco on our wedding day. They picked us up from City Hall after we wed and the driver was very funny and knowledgeable about the city. Our family had a wonderful time.

Thirty characters is a lot to ask. Just a lot of fun for all! ...................................................................

Jon Adams did a great job at accommodating our wedding needs while we were in the planning stage. I would try and speak to the driver that is going to be at the event, so their personality matches with the type of event.

Reggie · Married on 09/20/2014

Classic Cable Car Charters showed nothing but professionalism and understanding throughout my entire interactions with them. It was a pleasure to feel reassured prior to our event and satisfaction after. Cheers!

Working with Jonathan was a pleasure. He and his team of drivers were responsive and professional.

Jenny · Married on 09/13/2014

LOVED this for our wedding day transportation! Spacious and beautiful! Clean! Our driver was punctual and navigated the route well; avoiding traffic and took into consideration the wind-blowing into our hairs so avoided the highway as well! The cable car fit our entire wedding party (B+G along with 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsman) and 2 photographers and 4 videographers! Made for great pictures while being super comfortable in transporting our entourage!

I used Classic Cable Car Charters to entertain out of town family for my son's wedding in San Francisco. We took everyone on a tour of San Francisco as part of our rehearsal party. Everyone who came with us that day had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed riding on the cable car. Our driver (sorry I can't remember her name) was terrific. She asked us where we were interested in touring throughout the city and made sure we saw all the highlights. We stopped at different vistas along the way to take pictures and have our snack. It was a most successful day and really helped our family get an overview of this beautiful city.
    Jonathan Adams was very helpful in setting up our tour and was prompt in returning my emails and phone calls when I had questions. I would highly recommend Classic Cable Charters to anyone who is holding a group or wedding event. Thanks!

Steve · Married on 09/04/2014

Jon was wonderful I would do business with him again.

Cynthia · Married on 08/31/2014

Seamless booking experience! Jonathan is very nice and responsive. I had a plan to visit many sites, but with his input I narrowed it down to a reasonable number. Our driver , Skye, was also exceptional and made sure we got great views and smooth rides. They are flexible on the day of, and will play it by ear. Classic sf transportation that my guests loved.