Hope's Bridal Boutique Reviews

60 | Davenport, IA

60 Reviews for Hope's Bridal Boutique

Ariann · Married on 06/22/2013

This boutique was wonderful to work with when I went in to find my dress. They quality of service was great. They were always responsive to my phone calls and helping me figure out a good time to come in and try on my dress since I lived 2.5 hours away. All the women working there were professional and helpful. When I first found my dress, after I decided it was "the one," the women were very accommodating for me. Since my mom wasn't there, they let me take pictures even against "policy" and were very patient while I got ahold of my mom to tell her the good news! The value is undeniable. They have pieces and dresses there that aren't in other stores. You get what you pay for, and this boutique is one of a kind. The jewelry isn't cheap-looking or tacky. It's higher-end, but it's well worth it. No one wants to walk down the aisle in $5 jewelry that looks like it's from Walmart! They were always flexible with my times if I wasn't able to make it on time and let me come in when it worked for me. I loved my experience here!

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • User2171957 · 2+ years ago

They are fabulous to work with. Nice intimate setting for dress try-ons. Very helpful and knowledgeable sales reps. Found my perfect dress here!!!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Jo · Married on 07/21/2012

Hope's was amazing. I am so happy to know that this is a family business that is locally run and genuinely cares about its customers. It's so fun to shop there with the huge selection of all kinds of dresses and accessories, and you can find the most amazing gowns. I ended up getting a Martina Liana for my ceremony and an Essense of Australia for the reception. I wanted a tea-length reception gown, but fell in love with two dresses that were both full length. So, they found a way to have one beautifully transformed into tea-length, and they were able to make an adorable jacket from the train lace that I wore to my local reception a couple of weeks after the wedding. I got so many compliments! They also had outstanding service on my six bridesmaids, one jr. maid, one flowergirl, and tuxes. We were so thankful to have such a great experience!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Ana · Married on 09/10/2011

I was able to find my wedding dress the first day I went dress shopping. In fact, it was the first dress I even tried on! I did try on more though just to be sure, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how inexpensive my dress was. I had made an appointment to go in and the ladies working there were very helpful. I live out of state and wanted to get it steamed there a few days before my wedding. I was able to take it in on Wednesday and have it back the next day. They also have a nice selection of bridesmaids dresses. I did not get mine there since a few of the girls live out of town and it would just be easier for them to go to David's Bridal and find a less expensive dress. Either way, I was very pleased.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Great staff helped me find the perfect dress to make me feel beautiful!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Danielle · Married on 08/20/2010

I had a great experience with Hopes Bridal in Davenport Ia! The women were all so friendly and SO nice, a completely different experience than I had at David's. The other huge difference I noticed was they knew a lot about dresses and what would fit your style. There were a ton of beautiful dresses and we also were able to get our tuxes from the same place. I got my alterations done there in only a few weeks and they were able to make them perfect in very little time.

Sent on 12/09/2010

dawn · Married on 11/30/2008

We actually used the Atkins location, but I believe they are related.

Due to timing, we ended up getting married a bit quicker than most-- within just under 3 months. We went into Hope's cute pink barn and spent an hour or so looking over dresses. They talked with me beforehand and we determined that with my timetable (and the upcoming holiday- Thanksgiving), I would probably need to get something "off the rack." They also confirmed this via a few phone calls to their suppliers. As I didn't really know what I wanted, I tried on probably a dozen lovely dresses and was able to decide my needs and kept coming back to a particular dress. They made me a great deal and got it fully cleaned. Their seamstress did a phenomenal job as I am fairly trim-- several inches had to be taken in between both sides of the dress. The bottom hem was done beautifully as well. I'm so impressed with her work!

Overall, I don't have a single bad thing to say. The dress came out gorgeous, worked perfectly for my outdoor wedding and I'm thrilled!

Sent on 12/16/2008
  • User4288993 · event on 05/05/2007

Wonderful staff helped me find 3 unique prom dresses and gave me every reason to pick out my wedding gown there too!

Sent on 07/31/2014

melanie · Married on 05/24/2003

Excellent service, even cut me a deal on my wedding dress, and provided wonderful alterations.

Sent on 12/24/2014

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Melanie! Enjoy the holidays!

I absolutely loved my experience with this business! From the time I walked in, you could tell that the customer's satisfaction was the main priority. I thought I new what style of dress I wanted, but quickly found out that my consultant knew what would look best on me and make me the happiest! Although my dress was a little out of my price range, the service was well worth the extra spent!

Sent on 04/08/2014

After looking at several dresses on a couple visits, I finally found the perfect dress for my special day. The staff at Hope's went above and beyond to help me out finding my dress and showed me how I could complete my look with amazing Meg jewelry and a knock out belt from Kitty Chen! I have a unique situation with only 3 months to my wedding and wanted a brand new dress. They directed me at quick delivery dresses and it was perfect...I would recommend Hope's to every bride, bridesmaid, flower girl and mom. Five stars all around .....they made all of my wedding experience wonderful

Sent on 05/13/2014

Kellie · Married on 03/22/2014

Very awesome staff!! Helps you find the exact dress that you want. They also offer very good ideas to new brides that I wish I would like have done.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Kellie! Hope married life is treating you well, and happy holidays!!

I had a great experience at Hope's! I went to the Davenport store and it was such a different and much better experience than David's Bridal! The employees were very helpful and my dress is gorgeous. They listened to what I had in mind and also encouraged me to try a few dresses I didn't think I would like to make sure I viewed all my options. That is when I found my perfect dress. They are easy to work with and I cannot wait to wear the dress on my big day!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Matt · Married on 07/23/2016

I went to Hope's in Atkins first to try on wedding dresses. I didn't find anything but we did try on bridesmaids dresses while we were there and found a couple that we liked. A few months later, I went to Hope's in Davenport to look at their bridesmaids dresses. The saleswoman was very helpful and made a few suggestions based on the types of dresses I was picking. I knew I wanted short dresses since it was a summer wedding, but she pulled a long dress that she knew came in a short style. I asked if they could bring in one of the dresses I tried on at the Atkins location before I decided and it wasn't a problem for them at all. I ended up going with the short style of the long dress she suggested - I never would have taken it off the rack if it wasn't for her! They were a bit pricey, but all the other dresses I looked at were in the same price range. What surprised me the most was how long they took to come in - they took a month longer than my wedding dress! I ended up paying for a rush to make sure my girls got them in enough time to make alterations.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate you shopping with us. Congrats on your wedding!

Brianna · Married on 03/12/2016

I found my wedding dress a few weeks ago at Hope's in Atkins, and it was a great experience! I had been to several other bridal stores before visiting Hope's, but hadn't been able to find a dress I loved that fit my budget. I appreciated that my friends, family, and I got to look through the gowns and pull things that I liked. In the end, the first dress my consultant (Ariel) pulled ended up being "the one." I'm so grateful to have found such a beautiful dress that was perfectly in budget!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, Brianna! Ariel enjoyed working with you, and we are so happy you found the perfect dress. You will be a beautiful Hope's bride! See you soon!

I found my wedding dress from here. I was very unhappy with David's bridal. I love the fact that you go into a pink barn and it felt some home style. Everything went really well. They offer a really good gown preservation service. The only thing was that the alteration prices seemed a little high, but I hadn't gone to many other places, so the price may actually be very good.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2013

My advice at hopes bridal is if you want the whole experience of finding your dress, make an appointment! They will take you without an appointment but it can get hectic when they are busy- and they have to prioritize those who already had an appointment.

They will take care of you very well here. I worked with Katie for the most part (in alterations and she helped with getting a dress for my daughter on the day), and she was great! I got the dress of my dreams and had plenty of compliments- it was well worth the money!

The only thing I could complain about is I wish I got measured better when I bought the dress, my dress was to big by at least a full size. We were able to tighten it enough to stay on but my bust was still to big on the day as we were not able to get it tight enough- plus we lost the corset back because it was tied so tight. So make sure to go with your own gut when ordering size.

Overall my experience was great and I would recommend this location!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Nick and Kara · Married on 02/08/2013

After buying my prom gown with Hope's, I couldn't think of any other place I wanted to go. The staff at Hope's went above and beyond to help me find my perfect wedding dress (I ended up selecting Olivia by Maggie Sottero) after a couple visits. Their inventory is unique and different from the "big box" stores and I really liked that. After picking my gown, we selected bridesmaids dresses and they have a huge selection of designers (I picked Bill Levkoff). Our Moms and grandma even ended up getting their dresses there too! I never felt pressured or pushed, they were patient, honest and kind to me, my bridesmaids, groomsmen and Moms. We also decided to get the tuxes with Hope's too. Would definitely recommend Hope's to everyone.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Alyssa · Married on 09/21/2013

I had wonderful service from Hope's. They brought dresses in from their other location that I requested and I find my dream dress! Staff is extremely polite and helpful. Also had Deb for alterations and she was fantastic! After losing 30 pounds, my dress still was made to fit like a glove.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Aimee · Married on 10/03/2015

3.0

Amazing staff! Extremely helpful. They really want every bride to find of the dress of her dreams and work hard to help her.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/04/2015

The ladies at Hope's were very good at helping me find my Maggie dress. They had a dress sent over from their other store so I could try it on and they were very nice to my family while they were waiting. They also threw in the veil with the dress and hair piece purchase. I can't wait for our red,white and blue 4th of July I do's!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for taking time to review us, Kelsey! We are so happy you found your gown, and we are excited to see how your vision comes together!!

Jenny · Married on 04/06/2013

I was very pleased with my experience at Hopes Bridal. I read some reviews that were not the best so I was apprehensive but I have no complaints. The girls were always very pleasant to work with and very helpful. It was great customer service that they remembered me each time I went in after ordering the dress.
    I also liked the connection they had the the Hopes Bridal in Atkins. I originally went to Atkins first and they shipped a dress I thought I wanted to the Davenport store since it was closer to my home. I happened to come across THE DRESS when I went back to try on the dress from Atkins. It was great that they were willing to send the dress from one store to the other for my convenience.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/06/2015

The women at Hope's that help you through the dress shopping are so wonderful. They spend time with you without making you feel rushed with appointment times as in other stores, and make it a very personalized experience. The value is very competitive and certainly the most variety I found in the Eastern Iowa area.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We truly value your business and are honored to be able to help you find the perfect dress!

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2002

A few staff members were not overly friendly, but overall I as pleased with my dress and bridesmaid dresses.

Sent on 07/27/2008

Maria · Married on 06/09/2007

4.2
      3.5

They were great. The only complaint I have is they lacked organization. 2 days before my weeding I went to get my dress and shoes and when I arrived they told me they had lost my shoes!!! I ended up leaving without them and half way hope they called and said they were found. I turned around and got them immediately. Other than that they were very nice and their selection is amazing.

Sent on 03/27/2008