Hope Valley Country Club Reviews

1 User photo

• Lala
    La'dasia Married on 07/26/2020

Amazing wedding venue

My fiance & I enjoyed touring this facility. The staff were professional. It had such beautiful views & the packages were affordable.
  • User2444780 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Beautiful open ceremony room with high metal beams for a vintage wedding
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Courtney Married on 09/05/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I recently had my wedding at Hope Valley Country Club which was directed by Kelly and Ashley, the event coordinators. From the very beginning, these ladies were professional and willing to accommodate every request. They made the entire planning process so pleasant and the day-of coordination stress-free for me and my family. The food served was the best I've ever had at a large event. We continue to get multiple compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and food. I would highly, highly recommend using Hope Valley Country Club for any event.
    Lydia Married on 11/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue and amazing staff!

Hope Valley Country Club was an amazing venue and one of the most affordable in the Durham area for a 100+ person wedding. There are several room options for different sizes of events. We rented the two main rooms, plus bridal and groom ready rooms. All of the rooms are beautiful and have wonderful architectural touches from faulted ceilings with dark beams, fireplaces, and iron chandeliers to walls of windows and large built-in bookshelves.

Room rental includes 60" round tables and nice chairs (no folding chairs for this venue!), plus the option of using the venue's centerpiece decor (silver or gold tea light votives and flat rectangular mirrors). Greta is the catering manager and acts as a wedding planner and day-of-coordinator. Hope Valley does require you use their catering, but that was one less vendor to book and their food was great!

Greta was awesome. She took over about 6 months before my wedding (I booked the venue over a year in advance) and did a great job familiarizing herself with what had already been decided and what still needed to be done. She communicated with a few of my vendors directly leading up to the wedding, and ran the rehearsal and wedding day flawlessly! My husband and I were so impressed and didn't have to worry about anything!

The other staff at Hope Valley was also great! The bartenders especially stood out because they made a point to keep my husband and bridal party supplied with drinks (I was too busy dancing). They even got out on the dance floor with one of the groomsmen! Set-up and take-down are included as well.

On to the food. Like I mentioned, you are required to use Hope Valley's catering. They have a wide variety of food options, so I'm sure everyone can find something they like. They were also very accommodating of dietary needs. We had pecan-crusted chicken, braised short ribs, and butternut squash risotto. I will say that my Dad was not impressed with the wine selection, but I thought the wines were fine. You can also provide your own alcohol and pay a corkage fee.

Overall, we had an amazing wedding and Greta and Hope Valley's team did a wonderful job. The venue is beautiful, the food is good, and the staff knows how to pull off a great event!
    Tonia Married on 09/29/2018
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Chelsea is awesome. She responds to emails within reasonable timing and when we met she was very informative. During my tasting she even ended up reminding me of things I was missing and was very concerned with making sure I do not miss one detail.
    Jill Married on 10/07/2017
    4.2 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding day was beautiful and the staff was very helpful in helping us prepare for this day. I especially loved having our ceremony outside, and having 2 separate spaces for guests to dine and dance inside. Our guests loved it too and we are still hearing about what a great time everyone had!