58 Reviews for Hoot Media

Multi. Locations (1)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
41 Hoot Media Reviews

We found Stephanie through her Curvy White Dress brand at a wedding show, and couldn't be happier with her work. Thanks for capturing our special day!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Stephanie is a rock star! My husband and I hired her to be our wedding photographer and also to do our engagement session. I met Stephanie at a wedding show in Richmond and immediately felt at ease with her. I was extremely impressed with her work and what she is all about--making people feel comfortable in front of the camera. She is very professional and talented. After seeing the engagement photos she took of us, we knew she would do a great job for the wedding day but she far surpassed our expectations! My entire family and my husband's family all said these are the best wedding photos they have ever seen. She and her assistant were like ninjas that day--everywhere and catching everything! Stephanie had our pictures back to us within a week which was incredible and she was able to perfectly capture the essence and feel of the day, the laughter, and love. Funny story: At one point while I was on the dance floor, I said out loud, "I want a drink!" and the next thing I know, Stephanie is back in a flash with a glass of wine in her hand for me. I felt like a celebrity! I highly recommend Stephanie for your photography needs, for any event!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We won an engagement session with Stephanie thru a Bridal Expo and I am beyond grateful for the opportunity!!! Stephanie did an amazing job on our engagement session. She has the most beautiful spirit, which shows thru her photography. She has a great eye for locations and really allows your personality to shine in your photos. We are so appreciative of Stephanie sharing her talent with us!!!

Profile Picture User7370041, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Not only did Stephanie photograph my wedding, she has also done pictures of my son. She is one of the best photographers I know. She has great prices, excellent service, and such a sweet individual. I would recommend her to any and everyone that I know.

Profile Picture Brittany , 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie is not only an amazing photographer but she is an amazing person. I feel so blessed to have her apart of my wedding. My wedding was suppose to be on 1/7/17 but the snow moved it to Friday. She assured me several times that no matter what she will be at my wedding. She also offered to help run errands in order to get my wedding moved to a different day. She is awesome and you will have the best experience!!

Jamie :)

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours

Loved every aspect of having Stephanie apart of our wedding. Not only is she talented but she is an amazing person. My wedding was scheduled for January 7, 2017 when the biggest snow storm the area has seen in awhile so we had to move our entire wedding plan to the night before. When I called her to tell her this news, she reassured me that she would be there no matter what!! When she arrived, not only was she our photographer but she offered multiple times to help with other aspects since again we had to move our entire wedding the the Friday night before. Love Stephanie!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie is amazing! She helped guide us through the session to give us the best photos! Lord knows we aren't the best models! The pictures turned out amazing and I'd never have pictures done elsewhere ever again!

Profile Picture Manijehk, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie is the best! Jon and I wanted our wedding to have a "Game of Thrones" theme, and when we met Stephanie at the Greater Richmond Bridal show, we knew she was the one! Stephanie had never seen an episode of GOT before she met us, but once we explained our concept, she enthusiastically dove in! She even started watching the show, and it really gave her an appreciation for what we were trying to do. We always felt like Stephanie put our wedding foremost, and she really made us feel like friends, not clients.

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer- Stephanie really is the whole package.

Profile Picture Rishonda, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie was the best! She made our day stress free. She pitched in and was very helpful. My and My husband feel that she is the best decision that we made in our entire wedding planning process! Stephanie thanks for all your help the day would not have been as special without you!

Profile Picture Cathy, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Stephanie with Hoot Media is amazing! She was a blast to work with, and was so laid back and fun to be around! My husband isn't great with pictures, so she agreed to meeting with us a second time to make sure we loved our engagement pictures! She did a beautiful job on our wedding pictures, and even busted a move with us on the dance floor. I LOVE her work, and will be sure to use her again if/when I need a photographer!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

For me, one of the most important vendors was photography. Stephanie was such a great find, not only was she extremely professional, but she was very easy going and fun to work with! She blended in the crowd and took natural shots. She is very patient and did an awesome job of capturing our wedding from beginning to end and all the special moments in between. Our pictures are more than we ever dreamed of having and the quality of them is simply superb.

Profile Picture Michaela, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

The pictures from my wedding are beautiful. Looking at them reminds me of what a fantastic day we had, which is what I think wedding pictures are supposed to do! Stephanie Slatner was always very quick to respond to my questions and emails. She was very professional at the wedding, and brought along a fantastic second shooter too! I couldn't be more pleased!

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Stephanie! From our engagement session to our wedding day, we have the most amazing pictures. On our big day Stephanie and Sarah took better pictures than we could have imagined! We have our favorite memories captures in pictures and couldn't be happier! We could not recommend hoot media higher! Thanks!

Profile Picture User3826154, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We LOVE Stephanie! You know how some people just love there job and you can tell? She is one of them. We had her do our engagement session, a boudoir session (gift for my husband), and our wedding. When she says that she can get your family photos quick she can! She also has a way of just making you feel comfortable as your getting your photos taking which is sometimes difficult for me. We love the photos! She also has a way of catching who you are on film and not looking posed. When we were choosing a photographer this was one of the first things we noticed in her albums and what we have in all our photos! She also went above and beyond on our wedding day and helped keep us on track when the person we thought was going to act as our day of was not to be seen. Definitely check her out you won't regret it and she will make your day a joy!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Stephanie did such an amazing job taking engagement photos with my fiance and I. We were a little nervous about it, but she made us feel really comfortable and got some AMAZING shots! Everything was very natural and easy, and she definitely guided us along to get pictures that we would have never thought to take! She is super talented and professional, and she got amazing lighting on some of the shots - her editing skills really made everything perfect! I definitely would like to hire her for our wedding - she was sooo awesome!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie and Hoot Media are amazing to work with! Stephanie and Sarah shot our wedding this past August in Fairfax, VA. They did a great job of not only catching all of the formal photos we wanted but they also got some great candids of everyone having a great time. They were organized, responsive to suggestions, professional and a great addition to the fun. Not only that, the use of social media and the sneak peaks of the pictures almost instantly after the wedding were beyond expectation. Stephanie and Sarah were so great I had friends soliciting their services for their own wedding right there on the dance floor! Highly reccomended!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are SO HAPPY with the beautiful pictures that Stephanie took for our wedding! She was so professional from start to finish and really LISTENED to the styles/types of pictures we desired for our wedding. She did an AMAZING job capturing so many moments, all so naturally with the best light and backdrops…just perfect! Her pictures were also incredibly flattering and we can’t stop smiling at the wonderful night she captured for us! Thank you Stephanie for your generosity and giving us such a wonderful gift with your photography!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/3/14, 1 Review

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

I have nothing but good things to say about Stephanie. The pictures she shot at our wedding were amazing! I could not believe she snapped as many pictures as she did considering we ended up with 1247. It was super hard getting that down to 150 for the album, because she did such a wonderful job. I'm recommending her to anyone who needs a photographer and we will be doing repeat business with her.

We're so thankful that you were able to share our special moment with us Stephanie.

Big Props to Sarah 2 :)

Profile Picture Dane, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie is AWESOME!! A co-worker shared her name with us after she had used Hoot Media for her wedding. My partner and I scheduled an appointment with Stephanie to talk about what we wanted and if it was possible for her to do two separate dates (we had our ceremony if February and our celebration with family and friends is in April). She was totally on board with it. Before we drove away from her studio we knew she was the photographer for us! Our wedding day was perfect and Stephanie and Sarah helped to make it even more perfect! They traveled to D.C. for the ceremony and rode around in the limo with our crazy friends so that we could jump out and get some pictures at different locations around the city. Stephanie’s laid back style made us feel comfortable which helped make the entire day more enjoyable. I can’t say enough good things about our experience with her!!

Profile Picture User4025830, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We actually used a different photographer for our wedding and the pictures turned out HORRIBLE. People were cut in half, you couldn’t see everyone’s face in the group photos, and not to mention he only took 3 photos of me and my husband together alone! So I decided that we should do a day after shoot and get some good pictures of me and my husband. So I contacted Stephanie and she was all over it. She fit us in her schedule in no time and had a hair and make-up contact which I used and I must say I think I looked better at the after shoot then the day of. It rained on the wedding day so my hair didn’t last very long. Stephanie knew what positions we should stand in to make the picture turn out the best ever it if felt a little awkward doing it. She knew what places would make the best backdrops. And all the photos turned out amazing so I am so thankful we decided to hire her!!

Profile Picture User3715652, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I met Stephanie at the bridal showcase in Richmond and instantly clicked with her. It was like talking to a best friend. After meeting other great photographers in the area my fiance and I knew that Stephanie and Hoot Media was the right choice for us. She has been so professional throughout the whole process. We loved our engagement session with her. She made us feel so comfortable and gave us amazing pictures that will last a lifetime. We could not be happier with our choice and I can't wait for her to shoot our big day and many more important moments to come!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hoot Media was the way to go!!! Stephanie and her staff did a fantastic job capturing our special day!!!! Couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Very professional!!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie is a very talented and amazing photographer. The photos she and her crew took on our wedding day are absolutely stunning and I couldn't ask for better pictures. We also asked for a videopgrapher last minute and Stephanie was able to provide us with a very gifted gentleman who does phenomenal work! Because of him we were able to share our special day with those who couldn't attend. Hoot Media is a very affordable option for wedding photography especially when you take into account all that is provided. There are only two negatives I have to share in regards to Hoot Media. One, I don't feel things were always addressed in a timely manner and that the responsiveness was very aggressive. Second, when working with a couple you should make it your business to learn their names. On more than one occasion on my wedding day I was called my husband's name....to the point that my bridal party started to notice and correct her. After the wedding, I received a package in the mail with photos and my USB, there was a card inside, addressed to my husband....I believe she meant to address it to me. Even with the slight mishaps I would still recommend Hoot Media as the quality of work is undeniable and you truly do get your moneys worth.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Stephanie and her team are wonderful!!! I picked her as a potential photographer based off the portfolio of pictures she has on her website. After my first meeting with her, I felt comfortable that she would do a good job. Once I got the pictures back, I saw that Stephanie did much more than a good job, she did a SPECTACULAR job of capturing every single moment of my wedding day. Looking through the picture album that was included in the wedding package she offered, you can see the personalities of everyone in front of her camera. I am so thankful to have had her as my photographer and I would recommed her to another bride any day! I even went back to her after my wedding to get my family pictures taken and those came out just as spectacular. YOU ARE AWESOME STEPHANIE!!!! :)

Profile Picture Shante, 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Stephanie and her crew were great and a real treat to have as our photographers. She made the engagement photos enjoyable and the wedding day photos were fun for everyone. We were so pleased with the shots and everyone enjoyed the photo booth. It was all perfect and we couldn't ask for anything more.

Profile Picture Berkeley, 6/22/13, 1 Review