Hoosier Mama Pie Company Reviews

View more information

• Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 06/15/2019

Pie bar success

We already loved Hoosier Mama, as we frequent their location in Chicago quite often, so we knew we wanted their pie at our wedding. We ordered 4 flavors and a total of 34 pies which the owner, Craig, graciously delivered to our venue that morning for an nominal charge (and our venue is nearly 90 miles from their shop!). Working with Luz, their wedding coordinator, was a dream. She's very prompt in her communication which I appreciate! People couldn't stop talking about how good the strawberry pie was, though my personal favorite is the Hoosier Sugar Cream. We loved having the pie bar at our wedding and I will definitely use Hoosier Mama to cater an event again!
    Melanie Married on 08/22/2015
    Instead of a wedding cake we had 3 pie options for our guests to choose from. THEY WERE AMAZING! Hoosier Mama was so incredibly easy to work with. They were incredibly responsive and they were great in advising us what to do for our big day!
    Adrian Married on 07/07/2012
    Best pies in the world! Paula was very accommodating and gave great suggestions as far as numbers and popularity of different flavors. We were able to change our order less than a week before the wedding without any complaints. They also worked with our venue to make sure there was adequate refirgeration and space for our wedding pies.
    Heather Married on 06/23/2018
    Hoosier Mama provided four different pie flavors for our wedding. We used them as table centerpieces, and we had a pie buffet. They were beautiful AND delicious!! Sadly, we were so busy we didn't even get a slice at our wedding (besides the cutting bite) -- our biggest wedding regret! Friends and family all said how awesome they were.
    Luz was really accommodating - she let me change the number of pies and offered a different seasonal flavor that was not available at our tasting. Speaking of the tasting....wow was that fun! We got to try a lot of different flavors and the shop is so cute. They also delivered the pies to our venue, which was really helpful.
    The price was so much less expensive than other pie places in the city. We are so happy we chose them!
    Andrea Married on 09/27/2014
    The pies were incredible. They had accidentally sold one of the ones I reserved, but they gave me an extra pie and a gift card to make up for it. They even gave us coffee for the road. I'm so glad I chose Hoosier Mama pies instead of a boring old cake. They were a huge hit!
    Shama Married on 10/10/2010
    Boy, do we like dessert, and Paula from Hoosier Mama Pie Co. knows her desserts!

We decided to go with a non-traditional wedding cake and opted for a "stacked wedding pie" which Paula had done a few times before. She met with us and discussed our pie options, explained how she planned to construct it, and helped us decide on decorating the pies (fruit, sugar, meringue, etc.)

The cost was fair for the amount of work and delivery, but we did have to supplement desserts with some extra pies -- which I understand is normal.

We were very happy with the taste, the look and the services from Hoosier Mama Pie Co. and so were our guests!
    Erica Married on 08/21/2015
    Working with Hoosier Mama Pie Company for pies for our wedding was a breeze. They were responsive to my constant questions about selections, delivery, etc., and made everything from our initial testing, to planning emails, to the day-of drop-off smooth and painless. Our guests loved the pies and I'm only disappointed I didn't get to try every one during the wedding! I highly recommend going with Hoosier Mama if you're interested in pie for your wedding.
    Abby Married on 08/27/2016
    We had Hoosier Mama cater our wedding. They were extremely flexible, allowing us to do a tasting before committing to them. Everything tasted so great, we had to book! There was a little concern on my end due to lack of a contract, but it didn't matter at all.

A few things to note: You don't need as much pie as you think you will! We had a piece per guest plus 10 and came home with 4 pies. It's also worth noting the pie was the only dessert we served!

My only concern working with this vendor was regarding flavor selection. We were promised flavors that were then unavailable and had to track communications to get what we originally requested. In the end, though, everything went off without a hitch.