Honored Occasions Reviews

110 | Brea, CA

110 Reviews for Honored Occasions

Eva · Married on 11/17/2011

We used Steve from Honored Occasions who was amazing! He met with us at his office and asked us questions about how we met and what we wanted for the wedding. They had so many great ideas for us to make sure we had all the information. This was the best money we could have ever spent because not only did he MC and DJ he also helped us plan the wedding reception. We met several times to go over the timeline but on the wedding day, Tim and I had no stress whatsoever. Things were perfect. I can't recommend Steve and the entire team at Honored Occasions. In fact, we just went to a wedding in December where another one of the partners was the DJ (Mike) and he did an equally good job.

Sent on 01/11/2012

claudia · Married on 10/21/2011

We had Honored Occasions do our lighting and DJ it couldn't have been any better. Our guests danced all night long thanks to the DJ. We had a mix of people from 5 years old to my 85 year old grandparents who danced (and stayed to the very end). Steve was our DJ (I think he is one of the owners) and we knew from the get go this was going to be a party. He is worth EVERY PENNY! My advice to any brides, don't go cheap on the DJ, they will make or break your wedding. They have a nice office, friendly staff and even a room where they do color demos for our lighting (which made my parents appreciate the lighting) A+ -- 5 Stars all the way!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Scott · Married on 10/15/2011

My wife and I got married on October 15th this year. Steve Shanahan with Honored Occasions was the DJ at our reception. He did an impeccable job!! The music selection and song layout was exactly what we wanted and our guests had a great time dancing the night away. He even provided the mood lighting that made the reception room look stunning. Steve was very nice and professional from start to finish and was extremely easy to work with. Lisa and I highly recommend Honored Occasions and we will definitley use Steve again in the future.

Scott and Lisa McLain

Sent on 10/31/2011

Jack · Married on 10/01/2011

Steve was very professional in everything he did. He knew exactly what to do throughout the wedding. We were very happy with him.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Daniel · Married on 09/24/2011

outstanding job. would refer him to anybody

Sent on 10/26/2011
  • O

Erin · Married on 09/23/2011

Honored Occasions was amazing! I felt confident in this company from our first phone consultation. I planned a wedding from out of state, and I never had a moment of concern. Jim was very professional, courteous and FUN! At our reception he was great at 'reading the crowd' and kept the party going strong until the end. Everyone was raving about what a wonderful evening they had! Honored Occassions exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend this company for your next function. Thanks Jim!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Greg · Married on 09/17/2011

Steve did an excellent job before and during our celebration. He kept the crowed on the dance floor all evening long.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Caitlin · Married on 09/16/2011

My husband and I knew we were in the best of hands with Jim! Our wedding ceremony and reception were beatiful and beyond our expectations. Jim gave us a night of laughs, fun dancing and loving memories. Thank you Jim!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Katie · Married on 09/10/2011

Steve was the DJ at our wedding and he was worth every penny. He took the time to get to know my husband and I , was fun and professional during the wedding and kept the party on a perfect time schedule. WOW- I can not say enough good things about Steve and Honored Occasions. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Casey · Married on 07/16/2011

For our wedding, we wanted an old-time feel so we were looking for a place that offered a good variety of big band music, my wife and I are such big fans of that era. We met with Steve Shanahan and he was the right fit - very outgoing and energetic, just the kind of guy you want to keep the party rolling. It was wonderful to see my parents and even some of the older aunts and uncles out on the dancefloor. Everybody had a blast - since the music was classic and the dances were fun, it helped keep the younger crowd in check!
    Steve was the 4th DJ we met with, but he was the ideal fit - great DJ, easy to work with, excellent selection of music, it really helped make it a wonderful night.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Chad · Married on 07/09/2011

Jim was fantastic. He helped us plan and pace all the events and special moments throughout our reception. He knew exactly when to cool things down when guests wanted to take a breather, and how to pump things up and get everyone out on the dance floor. Everyone had a great time. Without hesitation I would recommend Jim to my closest friends and family.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2011

Jim was amazing! He even called me the day before to go over last minute detail and to make sure how I was doing. When I told him I was freaking out about not having enough time, he assured me everything would work out and it did! I had a groomsmen tell me to look around at one point in the night to point out to me that all, but like 4 people were sitting in their seats. Diffrent family memebers from both sides have made a point to tell me how great out DJ was. Jim even got out on the dance floor for a bit to teach people how to do the hustle! haha! He had a few surprises up his sleeve, to keep the party alive and the entertainment going. Our night was perfect and Jim was a huge part in making that happen!

Lauren and Ryan McDonald

Sent on 06/29/2011

TAMARA · Married on 06/24/2011

It was so professional and amazing !! Everyone loved the games to get the crowd out on the dance floor..IT WAS THE BEST EVER !!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Alissa · Married on 06/17/2011

We came to Honored Occasions after attending a wedding that Steve was the DJ and emcee for - and we requested him specifically. Why? Because Steve Shanahan was the best DJ ever! We were excited to meet with him, and he was very accommodating at helping us achieve our vision.
    We blended a few music styles together for our reception, but Steve helped us make it flawless. There was truly something for everyone to enjoy (no Macarena here!) and nearly everyone was out on the dancefloor at some point during the evening.
    Steve made a fabulous emcee - very personable, very engaging. He really helped create the atmosphere we were looking for and made the reception fun and exciting.
    After the wedding, the two things everyone kept commenting on were the food and the music. People are still talking about how much fun the reception was - thanks for helping make this a perfect day!

Sent on 08/10/2011

anne · Married on 03/26/2011

Everyone at Honored Occasions was very nice and easy to work with. Returned our calls quickly and emails as well. The DJ we used for our California reception and celebration was named Steve Shanahan and he was just an absolute pleasure to work with. Very helpful and experienced, and we really appreciated that Steve offered suggestions, and had great ideas about things we had not thought of. Steve was full of energy and really knew how to get people moving and dancing. I was a little worried it would be cheesy but that was completely unfounded. Everyone loved Steve and we had some great compliments from guests. Loved watching everyone dancing and having such a wonderful time! So very pleased with my choice in choosing Honored Occasions and our DJ Steve Shanahan. When calling this company in regards to a DJ, make sure you ask for the DJ that we used. I give him my full recommendation. I knew we had made the right decision from the very beginning as I watched him motivate and instill energy into our reception . Steve Shanahan is just the best DJ I have seen and I can not thank him enough for the wonderful memories that he helped create.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Alice · Married on 08/14/2010

Steve was the DJ for our August 2010 wedding, and he really rocked the party! He was very professional in the planning process, and was sensitive to cultural and family matters. I would highly recommend Honored Occasions (and have already)!

Sent on 08/18/2011

marlynn · Married on 10/10/2009

By far, best vendor at our wedding. Steve was very professional and accommodating. We were very happy with the lighting and music played at the reception. We wanted everyone up and dancing, and that is exactly what our guests was doing.

Sent on 11/23/2009

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2009

Jim was the DJ for our wedding and he was the best! He had everyone out on the dance floor from the moment our wedding reception started and it was a packed floor until the very end. A ton of our guests commented to us how great he was. The best part was though during the planning process he really made us feel comfortable and got my husband really excited about the big day! The lighting they did in the room as well was a perfect touch.

Sent on 12/11/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2009

Steve was the DJ/MC at our wedding and we couldn't be more satisfied with his work. From the start he was very friendly and made sure that our vision of the wedding was top priority and that it would be reflected at the reception. He helped us with our song selections and we instantly felt a connection with him. He was referred to us by our wedding coordinator, Ruth Wang, and she only had positive feedback from her other clients on Honored Occasions. After our wedding, we had nothing but compliments about Steve from our guests - several of my friends asked for his contact information for their weddings. I have already referred Steve at Honored Occasions to several other friends. My husband and I were very happy with the outcome of our reception and we thank Steve for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Amber · Married on 04/25/2009

Steve Shanahan from Honored Occasions was the BEST EVER! Very Energetic, everything ran smoothly and perfectly. From start to beginning he had everything under control. The lighting was magnificent, it set the mood for the perfect evening. The music, the energy. Steve made our night magical. Its been about 7 months since our wedding, and to this day someone always comments on how much the loved our M.C/DJ/LIGHTING!! My husband and I highly recommend Honored Occasions to anyone who is ready for real fun and high energy and NOT CORNY. He made each one of guest get on the dance floor and STAY on the dance floor! he made our wedding so much more memorable :) Thank you Steve. You will ALWAYS be remembered!

Sent on 11/19/2009

Brooke · Married on 03/28/2009

Steve was an amazing DJ for our wedding. We went into looking for a DJ without a whole lot of experience and he made us feel like family immediately. He understood the type of wedding we wanted and delivered incredibly. He kept our party going the entire night and we still get complements on how wonderful our DJ was. He truly was the best we have ever seen. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 11/19/2009

Summer · Married on 10/25/2008

Honored Occasions did a fabulous job at our wedding! They incorporated all of the music that my husband and I requested and our guests danced all night! We would highly recommend them to our friends and family!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Amber · Married on 01/06/2007

Honored Occasions made our wedding! Their level of professionalism and expertise was unsurpassed. This is definitely not a company that simply provides DJ services. A DJ/MC is someone who controls the flow of the wedding. Prior to hiring Jim, we just assumed getting a DJ was someone who simply played some music. What we found out was that a "good" DJ is someone who assists you with music selection, helps you format the ceremony, coordinates the various events throughout the reception such as the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, and fun games for the guests. The DJ/MC keeps your wedding/reception flowing in the appropriate time frame.

The two main compliments that we received from our guests was how good the food was and how amazing the DJ was. Jim at Honored Occasions has now become our family DJ. We have referred numerous family and friends for his services.

Thank you Jim for giving us a spectacular day.

Amber and Eric Downing

Sent on 03/09/2010

Mallory · Married on 07/03/2014

We had Steve DJ and emcee our July 3rd wedding. He was not just a great DJ, choosing the most appropriate music for the moment and the crowd, but an engaging emcee, making smooth transitions amongst the reception events. We absolutely loved how connected he was to our guests and how much he paid attention to us and our needs. He worked closely with the live band we hired to play our ceremony and first dance and was nothing but professional when interacting with all of our vendors. My husband and I danced until the very last song- truly a testament to his amazing skill level!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Erica · Married on 07/14/2011

We hired Honored Occasions for our wedding and it was the best decision ever. We had so many challenges with our venue (prior and on my wedding day) but Steve made sure he came to me with solutions not problems and it made all the difference. I give him 5 Stars, his photo booth 5 Stars and Lighting 5 Stars. If I could give them 10 stars, I would :) If you need a good (not cheesy) DJ you have to check Honored Occasions out, they were the best.

Sent on 08/16/2011