1645 Reviews for Honeyfund.com

Alternative Registry (133)

2.8

While honeyfund seems to be the easiest to use, they charge .99 more than the Knot Newlywed Fund. It's 2.5% for both but Honeyfund tacks on an extra almost buck to get your money. For us it doesn't matter much as most guests seem to be giving checks instead, but if all of our gifts were going to Honeyfund I'd be pretty bummed about the amount of money we are spending to get the funds into our account. .99 times all of our guests ends up being quite a bit!

Profile Picture Kelley, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Overall, we were happy with Honeyfund. It was easy for people to give using their credit card online and do so before the wedding. It was also nice for us to be able to show exactly what the money was going towards i.e. cruise excursions, tickets to specific museums, airfare, our hotel stay, etc. People were then able to gift us a specific experience rather than just giving money. We also used the site to put all of our wedding information instead of creating another website entirely. We added hotel information, venue information, etc. The only drawback is the transaction fee and percent Honeyfund takes from credit card gifting, but we couldn't find another site like Honeyfund that doesn't charge a transaction fee. The site also allowed us to note that guests could give cash or a check with our mailing address if they didn't want to use their credit card. Others opted to bring money to the wedding. It made it easy for out of town guests or people who couldn't come to the wedding to still give us a gift. We would recommend the site with the caveat that there are fees to be aware of.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/28/18, 9 Reviews
0.5

My fiance signed up but don't like it at all
First: in the homepage they say gifts can be in direct deposit to the bank account or checks or gift cards
I liked the idea of the money deposited in the bank account. But after signing up this is how it works: the bank direct deposit costs $2.8% plus $0.30 per transaction. a Armed robbery in my opinion. The other alternative is to get the money in gift cards. What?????So the website makes money that way too. And by the way the checking option is to tell our friends to send us a check to our address. Why would any one need this site id beyond me.

Profile Picture Anna Maria, 4/20/18, 1 Review
0.5

This site may a good option for the bride and groom but it is NOT for the GIFT GIVER! This site is horrible! Purchased a gift 3 days ago for a couple getting married TODAY, Paid through PAYPAL. Gift is showing fulfilled and bride has confirmed this. HOWEVER, payment is has not been taken from our account. I have reached out on FB to HONEYFUND....no response. There is no phone number to contact them. Their website "help" section, won't expand (+) to allow me to troubleshoot the issue. The "email us" option on the website doesn't work! So I am going to a wedding TODAY and hoping that the couple will be able to use my gift in another country on their honeymoon!

Profile Picture N, 3/30/18, 1 Review
3.9

Cool just want my 10 entries lol

Profile Picture Daniel, 10/18/17, 1 Review
1.7

Worst idea ever, they take a huge percentage and they charge through a company called WePay who keeps your credit card information on file well after the wedding is over. They don't follow business best practices and are completely incompetent when contacting their customer service. I much rather the old school way of a card with ALL my cash inside and no headaches after.

Profile Picture A, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This is a wonderful tool for out of town wedding gifts!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/24/17, 1 Review
2.1

While I appreciated the quality of the customer service, the company did not thoroughly understand the nature of their partnership with Delta. A newly added corporate partner, Delta.com gift cards are listed as an option for couples. HOWEVER, Honeyfund did not take the time to research exactly how those cards could be used. Unfortunately, our experience provided the knowledge that they should have known before offering this as an option. Delta.com and Delta Vacations do not talk to each other. Delta.com gift cards CANNOT be put towards a Delta Vacation. We booked our Delta Vacation before setting up our Honeyfund. The only two options we offered guests were the Delta.com card or cash. We did not realize that it would be a problem until I tried to redeem the first gift card. Delta would not move on the issue, and Honeyfund could not negotiate a way through so they had to refund our guest what they paid for the Delta.com card so they could send us money instead. Honeyfund did upgrade our account, but with cash being the only option we decided to put a notice on our Honeyfund page apologizing and asking people to just send us a check or give it to us on the day. This snafu with Delta was the only real hiccup in our wedding, and it was embarrassing for us to have to change the method for making gifts.
Communication was also an issue - I ALWAYS got voicemail. In the end, I left voicemail AND sent and email. Sometimes it took 24+ hours to receive a response. I once resorted to sending a tweet to the owner when I didn't get a response in a reasonable amount of time.

Profile Picture Ellia, 9/24/17, 1 Review
4.1

I like the idea of HoneyFund, however I wouldn't have used it if I had known they would be taking a set amount from each gift. Frankly, this is crap. It would have been better if it were a lower percentage or if there was a flat fee.

Profile Picture K, 6/3/17, 1 Review
3.8

We used Honeyfund to fund our honeymoon for our wedding in May 2017. We liked the ease of the service and the option that our guests had to contribute to our honeymoon. It was disappointing that Honeyfund takes such a large portion of the donation, but we put all of the money we received into a savings account in hopes that we would earn some of it back through interest. Our friends enjoyed donating to our honeymoon and we would recommend this service.

Profile Picture Chani, 5/20/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

We loved it! Out of all virtual registries/funds, they take the least while providing excellent service.

Profile Picture Hayley, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I 100% recommend this company for your wedding registry. It is so mich fun to create and you chose what you want as opposed to the traditional wedding registries out there. The pasyments are fast and secure to your account. Definitely a great alternative for young couples getting married.

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/9/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This was a great idea as my wife and I really wanted to find a way to ask our guests to go the cash route. It was so much fun receiving emails that someone gifted us with a honeyfund, and we were able to have it deposited directly to our bank account.

Profile Picture Raizy, 11/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

What an amazing idea, honeyfund.com allowed us to plan for a honeymoon we were otherwise not going to be able to take!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
2.6

The site is useful for what it is, but it is completely over taken with ads. The concerning part is I noticed after I registered with my phone number I started getting tons of calls from random companies and organizations . The worst being a scammer claiming to be the IRS telling me the police would come arrest me if I didn't pay them 9 grand! I don't know for sure if honeyfund sells their customers information to solicitors but I don't put it past them being that being that their site is completely covered with ads . I wish I would have not registered because now I'm getting these calls every day and I can't think of any other source

Profile Picture Nikki, 11/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I were living together prior to getting married and had a home full of everything we needed. The store registry was just not going to cut it for us. Honeyfund was perfect as it helped fund our dream honeymoon and our guests didn't have to haul gifts.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

Love that you can customize your registry! Great way to ask for money for your wedding without actually asking for money :-)

Profile Picture Raquel, 9/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

Any feedback i would have is to have fun with your acount. Its a wonderful tool for couples trying to make a wonderul experience.

Profile Picture User6224998, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Easy to use. Great alternative to traditional registries.

Profile Picture User6122423, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I loved this website!!! Our guests were impressed with how cool and practical this website is. I highly recommend everyone to use this website if you don't want to have a headache in creating a wedding registry.

Profile Picture Molly, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

Many of our guests told us what a great idea honeyfund was. We got almost everything paid for! If you don't need a lot of "stuff" definitely consider honeyfund on your registries!

Profile Picture Sami, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Absolutely love the idea of receiving money towards our honeymoon!!!!!

Profile Picture User6062903, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Awesome site. we were so thrilled to do this as our wedding registry because we have already combined our households and did not need any of the traditional wedding registry items. It is so easy to set up your profile on this site and it is just a really fun and innovative way to give your guests a way to contribute to your honeymoon.

Profile Picture Akilah, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

Honeyfund was a great way to share our trip with our guests, and even find out that some of them had done a similar trip before! We love traveling and so this was the perfect gift for us. Honeyfund charges you the credit card fee, which is a very small percent of each gift. They do tell you this up front, but some people seemed confused. I think it is nicer than charging the guest, but that's just me. Also, we got a free upgrade to the premium account and that definitely made the website much nicer. No random advertising once we got the upgrade. The free version works the same, but it does look a little more questionable from the guests' side. But especially with a free upgrade, we couldn't be happier :)

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/17/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Alternative Registry

Best decision we made! My husband and I already have a home and didn't need many household items. So we created a Honeyfund for our honeymoon as well as some construction projects on our century home. We paid to customize the website which was fun! We received a ton of compliments on the actual website as well as the entire idea. We loved the gifts and our guests had a fun time using it!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/14/16, 2 Reviews