Homestead Resort Reviews

Homestead Resort 7
  • Paige

Paige Bonnett · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful Venue

Alexis is super friendly, and so easy to work with. So excited to have our wedding here!

Megan · Married on 09/30/2018

My parents were married at the Homestead 25 years ago and I felt honored to carry on that tradition. While my family was setting up for the ceremony and reception, I sent my husband and his groomsmen off to play a round of golf before the ceremony (Which probably helped relieve some stress!). The golf course was gorgeous and he would not stop talking about how much fun it was.

Alexis, who was our wedding coordinator, basically did everything! We met several times throughout the planning process to go over our wedding expectations, food tastings, MANY MANY tours around the venue and so much more.
    She was VERY quick to respond to our thousands of emails and always had an answer for everything we asked.
    Alexis was so remarkable to work with and I would recommend anyone and everyone to get married at The Homestead Resort. I promise you will not regret it.

Highlights from the wedding:
    -Chairs, tables and linens were set up by the wonderful staff
    -The grounds were well kept and they still had flowers up for September/Early October Weddings
    -The food was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Alexis made sure that we were able to eat during the wedding reception
    -The staff was so friendly and truly wanted to help make our day special
    -We were allowed to rent a golf cart for our grand exit!
    -Staff was quick to move items inside once the rain started
    -After we were married we enjoyed a complimentary stay in the honeymoon suit

I could go on and on about our wedding day but thank you to The Homestead Resort and Alexis for such a wonderful and positive experience that we will NEVER forget.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Homestead Resort 10

Homestead Resort's reply:

Thank you Megan! We loved having your wedding here! Everything was gorgeous! We hope you will come stay with us again!

Carla · Married on 09/30/2018

The Homestead Resort is an absolutely beautiful place for a country/mountain wedding. My daughter was married the end of September (25 years after my husband and I were married there)! The fall colors were in full display and the mountains were the perfect backdrop. The grounds were well kept and the the flowers were still in bloom. The ceremony took place on the lawn in front of the gazebo and the reception was held both inside the garden room and outside under the tent. Outdoor heaters were available but fortunately not needed! And the food... guests commented all evening about how delicious the buffet was!

The staff was very accommodating and great to work with. Alexis (my daughters wedding planner) was very professional and always willing to advise, recommend, and answer all of our questions during the planning process. On the day of the wedding she was there from the moment we arrived until the 'send off' at the end of the reception. Her expertise in coordinating with the bar, DJ, and photographer made everything run smoothly throughout the entire day. She has a HARD job but loves what she does and always has a smile on her face!

The day was everything I had hoped it would be for my daughter. I would recommend The Homestead, hands down, to any bride looking for a country-type venue with an amazing staff!

—Carla D

Homestead Resort 11

Andi · Married on 08/18/2018

I had so many of my guests say what a great venue and and that they enjoyed the wedding immensely.
    Alexis was absolutely there whenever I needed her. She even went above and beyond when I was concerned about my heels going into the grass. She bought me attachments to put on my heels so I would not have this happen during the wedding. It worked perfectly!!! Alexis also recommended someone for my makeup. Ashley did a great job!!!
    The food was fantastic!!! I loved that my now husband and I got to meet for a private tasting with the chef before deciding what we wanted.
    Our bartender, Dan, for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding was very social, always had a smile on his face and took care of my husband and I as well as the bridal party, making sure we were never without a drink.
    I am so glad I chose this venue for one of the most important days of my life!!!
    If there was one thing I could suggest is that the bride’s room have more mirrors available. Having 6 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and myself, another couple of mirrors would have been helpful:)
    This venue offers the best backdrop for the photos, including the crater!!!

Annamarie · Married on 06/15/2018

The Homestead Resort was absolutely perfect. Alexis is the wedding planner there and she made our experience completely amazing. From the day we booked to the crazy day of- I felt so at ease. You can truly tell that she works so hard and really takes pride in her work. The food was also so amazing! I cannot say enough how perfect of a day I had, I would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Homestead Resort 12
    Homestead Resort 13
    Homestead Resort 14

Hi Annamarie,
    Thank you so much for the review! You and Austin were SO fun to work with! I can't wait to see the pictures!
    Alexis

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2018

Our wedding was absolutely everything we could have asked for! Alexis was always available and helped in the planning process the entire year that we were planning. She was like a friend rather than a planner! The staff was the most amazing the entire week, especially the nights of the rehearsal and wedding! There were definitely some hiccups with the reservation department, but Alexis was able to get them all worked out. The community feel of this location is exactly what we wanted! Guests gathering to play yard games (we brought them) and always running into other guests throughout the grounds, made the week so special! Our vendors were also amazing. Randy, Stacy, and Candace from Dezember photography, Nephi from Moonlighting, and Susie from Brown floral all did amazing work! We also rented some chairs and decor from Tavolo rentals. Dj hard Corey especially killed it! He worked the rehearsal night and the wedding, and kept the music we wanted rocking both nights! Cheers to the most wonderful wedding team to work with! You all really made our wedding everything we ever wanted! Thank you thank you thank you forever and ever!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Homestead Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Lindsey! You and Kenny were a blast to work with! We loved having all of your family and friends here!

Connie · Married on 06/08/2018

The setting of Homestead Resort is absolutely beautiful! From the flowers, to the golf course, to the mountains, spectacular! The staff is wonderful! Starting with Alexis who was amazing and I can’t thank enough, to the front desk, to the wait staff, maintenance and housekeeping, and a special shout out to Danny and Tommy, our bartenders whom everyone loved! The chef, Sean, and his staff are so talented, the food was delicious! If parts of the resort are a little tired, it only adds to its charm! We had a three day event and our guests loved everything about the wedding and resort! Everything exceeded my expectations!

Homestead Resort 15
    Homestead Resort 16
    Homestead Resort 17
    Homestead Resort 18
    Homestead Resort 19

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

We had the most lovely experience at the homestead resort on our wedding day. Alexis is the wedding manager and she made our lives so easy and carefree. Many people told us our wedding day would be stressful and unenjoyable but we both are happy to say our day was only full of fun and stress-free memories. The best place to get married. 10/10.

Homestead Resort 20
    Homestead Resort 25
    Homestead Resort 26
    Homestead Resort 27

Haley · Married on 12/28/2017

It was an all around great experience.

Mike · Married on 09/09/2017

We don't not have enough words to express how pleased we were with our wedding!! As a couple from California, we had only been to the Homestead once, for a soak in the crater, and later found ourselves wondering why we weren't planning our event there. Jamie was a god send from DAY ONE, and consistently put us at ease that we would have an amazing event, even though we had never walked the venue with the event in mind until the day before! Jamie's professionalism and commitment to executing our event exactly as we envisioned was monumental, and the resort is lucky to have someone so dedicated to their craft AND to her level of customer service.
    Beyond Jamie (and Alexis) being amazing, The Homestead Resort provided the perfect backdrop for our special day, provided amazing accommodations for a large portion of our guests, and every staff member we came in contact with was truly a joy and seemed as if they really loved their job and were also committed to a high quality of excellence! We cannot thank Jamie, Alexis, and every member of the staff at The Homestead Resort enough.

-Mike and Shawn

Homestead Resort 28
    Homestead Resort 29

Shelbi · Married on 09/02/2017

The Homestead Resort was the perfect place to have our wedding. I could not be happier with how everything turned out. The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! Jaime was amazing to work with. We booked our wedding about a year in advance and she was there for us 100% from beginning to end. Also, her email response was very impressive. She wants to make sure your wedding is as stress free as possible and that's exactly what she did for me! Her staff was also incredible to work with. We were very pleased with everything and we will definitely be back to visit! I would recommend this place to any couple looking for a place to have their wedding :) thank you Homestead!
    The Dyers

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2017

Jamie was the reason I booked the Homestead. I felt so comfortable knowing that she was so responsive and had a lot of insight and suggestions to my questions!
    My event was literally perfect and I could not be happier with the Homestead. I would also like to throw in a Huge THANK YOU to the set up staff. They were AMAZING and went above and beyond

Sierra · Married on 08/22/2017

My wedding was everything I dreamed it would be! The staff was so helpful and responsive. I loved the set up and the location of the venue. I highly recommend the Homestead.

shelley · Married on 07/22/2017

Jaime helped us get all the plans worked out for a summer reception and luncheon at the Homestead. She was extraordinary in her professionalism and even more so in her personal assistance with the meal planning, decorations, cake cutting and especially went the extra mile when she stopped everything to go into town to get copies of photos that had been forgotten. We couldn't have done it without her!

Lisa · Married on 06/24/2017

The day was perfect! The weather was gorgeous and I love the brides room! We had our wedding out by the gazebo and I couldn't of made it look more beautiful if I tried! The staff was also extremely helpful. My only recommendation is maybe to have a little sign saying where the wedding is because when people have not been there before they weren't exactly sure where to go.

Robin · Married on 06/11/2017

Jamie Leatham and the entire staff at Homestead Resort were great to work with and every detail of my wedding was exactly what I hoped it would be. The look and feel of the Homestead Property made all of our guests feel right at home. Add to that a stellar breakfast buffet bar tender who artistically crafted mimosas, bloody Mary's, and quickly I lost count of the number of guests who said it was the best wedding they'd ever attending.

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

Most amazing wedding venue, I am so in love with every aspect of my big day. I feel like we all ended up as family after. I wish i could relive this day everyday! I could not ask for a better team than Jamie Leatham's! She is literally on top of everything! As a bride you are worried about the tiny details leading up, but she handled everything and brought me to tears with how amazing it was. I would highly recommend this venue and the chance to work with the incredible staff. Having everyone at the resort and enjoying all the amenities, or just seeing family and friends as you walk around and hang out was incredible. I am literally so amazed and in love with the whole experience.

Carolyn · Married on 02/17/2017

The homestead is a warm, rustic resort that feels like a get away within a get away. So it is perfect for a couple to host out town family. Also offers unique photo opportunities that really stand out from other venues.

janet · Married on 10/22/2016

We would highly encourage you to use The Homestead Resort for your wedding!!! The venue was beautiful and the staff fully accommodated our choices. The price was right; the food was delicious; and the bartender was the best. Jamie Leatham went above and beyond, and was responsive to every request and question we had. They even made sure the weather was perfect for our outdoor ceremony. Couldn't ask for more - it was a day beyond our wildest dreams.

Lexi · Married on 08/10/2016

I absolutely loved everyone that I worked with at the Homestead. Jamie was able to create everything that I talked about even if I couldn't come up with pictures! I would recommend the Homestead to everyone who is looking for a venue for their wedding!

Beverly · Married on 06/18/2016

Jamie was invaluable! She was so easy to work with, was completely responsive all the time, accessible by cell phone,text messages, email. It felt more like a friendship then a business relationship! Which for me is exactly what I needed. I've never planned a wedding before and I needed a friend to help guide me through the process. The day of the ceremony I have never seen anyone work as hard as Jamie did. She was constantly moving, checking on things and was there from the very beginning until the very very end. I do not know what we would have done without her. Every venue needs a "Jamie"!
    The service at the Homestead for the ceremony/reception itself was outstanding. I never had to worry about a thing, it was all done. From lighting of my candles on the tables to moving the chairs and serving my guests. At the last minute I had forgotten I had a little gifts for my children and the staff took care of arranging those on each of their place settings and getting that all done!
    Dan the bartender was such a kick! Loved him. My guests loved him! Our wine selection was perfect.
    We had so many compliments from our guests that this was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I am so thrilled with how everything turned out!
    Most of our guests stayed on property there at the homestead and it was wonderful to see groups of families gathered together around the property socializing and visiting and just spending time together. Having my daughter's wedding at the Homestead where no one was having to drive home at night was wonderful .
    I want to do it again! Thank you for everything.

Karina · Married on 06/04/2016

We would highly recommend the Homestead. The service was impeccable, the facility and grounds are stunningly beautiful, and we had a wedding that was picture perfect in every way!

Allison · Married on 01/09/2016

I can not say enough about the level of service we received from Jamie and everyone at the Homestead. Our wedding was the most amazing day and everything went smoothly from beginning to end. Jaime was so responsive during the planning process and assisted me with practically every detail. With her help, wedding planning was fun and stress-free. The venue was so quaint and all of my friends and family stayed there the entire weekend. We have received so many compliments from our guests and many have said that they can't remember a time they had so much fun at a wedding. I would highly recommend the Homestead and Jamie for your wedding or special event. They are truly the best!

I loved that I felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. No other wedding was going on we had the bridal suites to get ready in all day and all my relatives and friends could stay in the same place. The ceremony in front of the fireplace was gorgeous for photos and the whole property could be a photo backdrop. I thoroughly enjoyed my honeymoon suite that was included in the package and the food was impressive. I loved the old timey feel of the bar there was nothing stuffy about this place. All classy!