Homegrown Honey Photography Reviews

2.0
      3.0
      1.0

Would not recommend

My Family and I have done 3 sessions with Hollyn. The first was a “mini session” in the Fall of 2018, then engagement photos Summer of 2019 then our wedding in August 2019. The mini session and engagement session were good.. to the point we ask Hollyn to photograph our wedding. She was super responsive thru email and answered any question we had. I signed the contract without really thinking twice. But I’ve never had a wedding before so I definitely should have asked more questions.. like are we going to receive EVERY photo not just the ones that turn out or you edit. The day after the wedding I left Hollyn and her husband a great review on Facebook. At that time, I truly thought everything went perfect. Now receiving our final photos, I see that it did not go as well after speaking to our family and seeing the bigger picture. Our cake cutting was so rushed per Hollyn’s schedule that neither of our families witnessed it happening. The photos of it are out of focus and honestly not great. Individual photos with myself and bridesmaids- I only received one photo that was straight on, the rest were a profile photo. The majority of the wedding party photos are ill positioned, people not paying attention or little details are missed. Two major photos that we really wanted were our extended family photo and a group shot of everyone on the dance floor. Three different people specifically requested the family photo from Hollyn after the wedding and she said it wasn’t up to her standards and/or she had the incorrect lense so she wouldn’t release it. I would like the photos to be great but I’m realistic so I understand certain conditions can impact a photo. With that said, we just want the photos, understanding they may not be “perfect.” The final moment was when a family member emailed Hollyn about the photos and Hollyn screenshot the email and published it on her instagram story with a voting button. Granted she did blackout names, but let’s be real, that’s completely unprofessional. That was the final straw, we will not be using Hollyn again or recommend her services. All in all, I signed a contract and will only receive what Hollyn wants to send.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Homegrown Honey Photography's reply:

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, quality and kindness. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact me at homegrownhoneyphotography@gmail.com.