Home Team BBQ Reviews

19 | Charleston, SC

19 Reviews for Home Team BBQ

• W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

Used Home Team BBQ (West Ashley Location) for our Wedding Welcome Party! What a great decision to use Home Team. It was amazing. We had out of town guests and they loved it. I worked with John and Amy and they were so helpful. What a great team this restaurant has. John and Amy helped with everything. It was such a great night and a great event. We had a private room. The buffet was set with all the food that we selected (pulled pork, brisket, dry rubbed chicken, baked beans and mashed potatoes). The food was excellent. The guests really loved the mash potatoes. They also had sweet tea and lemonade. It was such a fun venue for everyone to get together for the first time and relax. A great environment. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. They also have a great bartender who was wonderful as well.

If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Home Team. We made a great choice! I loved it! I am very detail oriented and they handled everything and they were very patient. Easy to work with staff. They are professional. The staff that worked the event were awesome and wonderful people. Helpful! No complaints at all. Great space and a great party to kick off a fun weekend. Just loved every bit of it. They had some left over food from the buffet and we were able to take it home. I am enjoying some pulled pork now as I type this. We will be going back as a couple from time to time to enjoy the food on our date nights.

Thank you Home Team BBQ. You were amazing.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

Hometeam BBQ did a great job catering our backyard wedding this past October. They were extremely helpful in suggesting the correct amount of food for our guest list. On the day of, they did a great job of serving appetizers during our cocktail hour and then shifting into a full BBQ buffet. It started raining about half way through the afternoon and they did a great job of making sure the food was covered up and protected from the elements. They also did a great job of assisting with cleanup, which our wedding coordinator greatly appreciated! Overall, we were very happy with Hometeam’s service at our wedding!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Bronwen · Married on 11/19/2016

I love Home Team BBQ! My husband and I love their food so much that we had them cater our wedding. We had to pick the food up right before the wedding, and everything was ready to go and on time. The food was delicious and everything was as we ordered. I highly recommend their catering services.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/09/2016

Home Team BBQ was one of the best choices we made in planning our entire wedding! In need of catering for our Welcome Dinner, we wanted something casual and delicious. We hit the jackpot with Home Team! From the initial tasting to the menu planning, the entire Home Team staff was a pleasure to work with. Hope and her staff gave great recommendations and really worked with us to make sure we had the perfect amount of food and staffing for our event. When the day finally arrived for our Welcome Dinner, the Home Team staff that catered the event could not have been more professional and friendly. The set-up was perfect and the service was flawless. The food was also a huge hit! We had countless guests approach us and tell us that this was the best BBQ they had ever had. I highly recommend considering Home Team BBQ for your catering needs. You will not find better BBQ or better service in Charleston!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Amy · Married on 10/10/2015

We had a beach wedding with a barbeque lunch reception also at the beach. We were a destination couple so had to do almost everything via email. Working with Hope to set up the menu before the wedding was super easy, and she responded very quickly to any of my emails with updated quotes and information. Pricing was very easy to understand with a flat fee of $X per person for each item or combo, with a percentage charge for full service. The catering menu on their website details the price of everything so you can have a clear idea of what you'll be spending before you even contact them.

On the day of the wedding (again, outdoors, as a reminder), just as the food was about to be served, a huge storm brewed up that threatened to ruin all the food. The catering team responded immediately to get the food safely covered and moved everything to our backup location a half mile away to serve there. I was amazed by how efficiently they took care of the food to make sure that we could still have our reception lunch. Definitely above and beyond the normal food service duties!! Once we finally got everyone to our backup location and were able to eat it, it was absolutely delicious. While we are from Ohio, we are big fans of Carolina-style barbeque. Many of our friends and family members said that the brisket was the best they'd ever had, including some Carolina locals, and the mac and cheese was absolutely to die for.

A point of note: maybe this is a regional thing or maybe it is the caterer, but we ordered food for 45 people and the amount of food we received probably could have fed at least 75 people. Not complaining! But we had a few extras show up, and it was nice to have the bonus food. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Home Team was fantastic to work with. We had a small, backyard reception, and they were able to deliver and set up everything for us. The food was fantastic - as always! We are big fans of the local restaurant, which is why we opted for them in the first place. Our guests raved about the dry rubbed chicken. I would definitely recommend this vendor.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Katie · Married on 10/24/2014

We rented a house on Folly Beach and then had home team BBQ cater our rehearsal dinner that we held at the house we rented. Anna was very helpful in helping get everything ordered and making sure we ordered enough but not to much. Our guests raved about the food!! Everything was amazing! We wanted to keep our rehearsal dinner casual and small to avoid having a second wedding and this was perfect!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Home team catered our rehearsal dinner held at Bohicket Marina. Our main contact was very responsive and accommodating to any changes we made to the menu. This restaurant was our favorite BBQ in the Charleston area, and their catering did not disappoint. We had the pulled pork, bbq chicken, mac and cheese, and the baked beans and everything was delicious. The staff was professional, and continued refilling the ice and beverage dispensers as needed. We would recommend this business to anyone.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/03/2014

As always, the food was fantastic and the service was great! Guests complimented the food throughout the night. They kept the line moving and the food refreshed throughout dinner service. They even packaged up any leftovers in to-go containers so they were easy to grab at the end of the night to take with us. We love you Home Team!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Amber · Married on 04/15/2012

HOME TEAM BBQ!!!! That is all you have to say! Toni and Lori recommended them to us based on our personalities and what type of food that we were looking for! When we went to have our tasting with them, I was guessing that they would just give us two dishes that we could serve...no they let us taste everything on their menu, which made it even harder! We ended up going with Beef Brisket, Chicken, Mac and Cheese, and Tomato/Cucumber Salad, for appetizers we went with Shrimp and Grits and Wings!!!!! Which was a huge hit at the wedding! We thank Hope so much for everything that she did and the amazing work of Home Team!!!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Great service, great food! Home team always delivers!

Sent on 07/20/2015

3.0

Very reasonable with their price points

Sent on 03/18/2017

Montana · Married on 09/14/2013

We loved eating at the Home Team restaurant on Sullivan's Island, so we knew we wanted them for our Folly Beach wedding. People are still talking about how great the food was - it was the best wedding food ever. Home Team set up a beautiful buffet, and having BBQ kept it casual, but it was so delicious and well done that it was definitely worthy of any occasion. The price was very reasonable and included two servers who set everything up and personally came around to all the tables to make sure people were enjoying the food - they could not have been nicer.

As a general rule they use disposable dinnerware - but when I asked if we could find a more "eco-friendly" option they found me a company that was able to make the whole wedding compostable for a very small fee. Home Team purchased the necessary compostable dinnerware and added the extra charge to my bill - I really appreciated the extra effort they put in to find this option for me. In the end all the dinnerware (cups and flatware included) were composted along with all the food waste at a local composting facility.

They can be a little hard to get ahold of. I had to ping them a few times to get in touch when it was pretty far in advance and we had trouble getting in contact the days leading up to the event - they had everything under control and it went perfectly smoothly, but it can make you a little nervous at times.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Katrina · Married on 04/07/2013

The food was great for my 10 year vow renewal. I used HT for my catering and bartending. I felt like the cost to have the bartenders was high, but I love HT so much that we were willing to pay. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of someone in the catering department. Food was a hit!!!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Christina · Married on 05/06/2012

We LOVE Home Team! They were on our short list of picks for catering our reception! Their service and food were outstanding! Their catering dept is very busy, so it was difficult to get responses sometimes, but they definitely delivered an outstanding final product!

Sent on 05/22/2012
  • Shaylene

Shaylene Hoffman · Married on 03/23/2019

Great food!

The food was amazing; all of our guests raves about it! I just wish there was a little more flexibility with the plates as their only option was cardboard plates and plastic cutlery. Save yourself the hassles and just order nice plastic plates on Amazon and rent silverware. Everything turned out great!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Eric · Married on 07/03/2011

4.2
      3.5

Great BBQ for a great price. The set up is a buffet with many options to choose from. The only complaint here is that they broke earlier than I liked. My recommendation comes with the caveat to ask them not to break down so early. We had a lot of left overs that should have stayed on the tables throughout the entire event.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Hometeam BBQ was a great choice! We decided on them early on and the communication was reasonable for discussing details and answering questions. Everyone raved about the food at the event, especially the mac 'n cheese. The staff was professional and timely. Our only issue was figuring out who would take the trash out as Hometeam's contract states that they are not responsbile for trash. Other than that, all positive and would highly recommend.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2017

3.8
      3.0

Pros: The food taste really good and all of my guests loved what we chose. The servers were very nice! Home
    Team was always responsive to emails and calls. All food left over was packaged for us!

Cons: They only offer 2 hours of service time (Please read that in the contract). We thought they may throw in an extra hour since we ordered appetizers for the cocktail hour from them, but they were not flexible. We did not get to try any appetizers.

Sent on 10/17/2017