Holmes Catering and Events Reviews

136 | Inman, SC

136 Reviews for Holmes Catering and Events

Hannah · Married on 07/23/2011

Wonderful! Tim is so easy to work with and the food will be delicious :)

Sent on 03/25/2012

Lindsay · Married on 11/12/2016

I had been to several weddings catered by Tim Holmes and knew they would be my number one choice. The initial meeting with Sarah was wonderful and I love the fact that we got to attend a tasting event so we could really finalize our menu. We had to make a lot of last minute changes and Sarah and her team were more than willing to work with us and were very accommodating and sweet about it. The food was AMAZING! I feel that was all our guests talked about that night was how great the food was and everyone kept asking who our caterer was so they could recommend to others. They also have such an attention to detail and the decor for their food tables is also outstanding.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Charis · Married on 09/09/2016

If you are looking for delicious food, good service, and very reasonable prices, Tim Holmes catering is a great choice! Everyone has been raving about our food, the displays were beautiful, everything was right on time, and the wait staff did an amazing job! My only sadness was that I didn't get to eat much food (nerves and tight dress), and our to-go boxes slipped through the cracks somehow and we never got them. I highly recommend them to all future brides!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Katie · Married on 05/10/2014

We could not have been happier with the food at our reception! Everything was delicious and was presented beautifully! Leading up to our wedding, we made several changes to our menu- Sarah and Christina were fantastic and gave great advice. Our guests kept going back for more and everyone complemented both the cocktail hour and reception food. The mac n cheese station was a hit- I made a few trips back myself!

Sent on 05/19/2014

JoAnne · event on 12/19/2013

This was the fist time I have used a caterer for our holiday party and Holmes Catering went above and beyond, setting up additional vendors and making sure the event was seamless gave me the opportunity to focus on my employee's. The event staff that Sarah sent out was incredible, personable and attentive! I will definitely use them again, excellent food, excellent response time and excellent staff! Thank you for making this event special for everyone!

JoAnne Matthiesen-Human Resources Manager
    Innovative Fibers, LLC

Sent on 01/24/2014

Becky · Married on 12/15/2013

The tables were gorgeous! Went so well with the venue. Everyone raved over the setting, especially the sirloin medallions!! Thank you for a job well done!!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Lee · Married on 06/22/2013

Tim Holmes and his staff catered my daughter's wedding on June 22, 2013. We have known Tim, Diane, Sarah, and the others for many years and I used them to cater my own second wedding in 2006. I never considered using another group for my daughter's wedding, and we were very, very happy with everything. Everyone was so helpful and the food, of course, was delicious! We had tons of compliments from guests too. Tim met with us several times to help with the menu, seating arrangements at the reception venue, table decorations, etc. After gaining a good idea of the "style" of the wedding, Tim made wonderful suggestions for extra special items. The day/week of the wedding, my daughter and I were able to relax knowing that the reception was being handled in a professional way and would be terrific. We weren't disappointed!. I would definitely use Tim and his staff for any event in the future!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Tori · Married on 11/24/2012

The food was great and they were so accommodating. Tim was more than willing to meet us anytime and Sarah was prompt responding to emails!

Sent on 12/08/2012

Charie · event on 11/15/2012

I was extremely pleased with the food and the service. They were extremely easy to work with, professional and friendly.

Sent on 02/27/2013

The food tasted delicious and the presentation was beautiful as always. They are the best in presentation in my opinion hands down. They were more than willing to work with me on details and preferences that I had about my tables- (example: I wanted my tables set in advance). Overall, I would definitely recommend them to future brides!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • User3853875 · event on 12/11/2013

Holmes Catering is a great vendor to work with with any event. They have helped NewSpring Church with events from the size of 50 to almost 500 guest. Working with Holmes is very easy and they always bring a great team!

Sent on 01/26/2014

We were very pleased with Holmes Catering. The food was delicious, and the display was just as we had requested. Numerous guests at the wedding were very complimentary of the food that was served. In fact, one person told me that the food served at my daughter's reception was the best food that she had ever eaten at a wedding. LIkewise, the staff was always very helpful, honest, and friendly when I made a request or asked a question. I would definitely recommend them to my friends.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Keri · Married on 10/27/2012

I wanted a caterer that was willing to customize a menu for my husband and I. I definitely got that with Tim Holmes Catering. They incorporated some family recipes into our menu and worked around a severe allergy. All of our guests compliemented the food and what I was able to taste was fantastic! They also do a great job with the food presentation. As a former catering chef I was extremely particular about the food and felt I was in good hands with Tim Holmes.

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2012

This catering service was very professional and provided everything I had asked for. They were very punctual with their responses to my emails and were very accommodating. The staff on location was extremely friendly and attentive to my guests.

The only negative aspect was that the two dips I had ordered did not taste the same as what we had sampled. The buffalo dip and the crap dip was WAY thicker at our wedding unlike the creamy, melt in our mouth deliciousness we had sampled months before. But overall everything was great! Our guests raved about the mashed potato bar and the ham rolls were a big hit!

I do recommend asking for a picnic basket for you and your husband for after the wedding. Our wedding coordinator was supposed to have had one made for us and waiting for us in our cabin, but unfortunately it was not there.

Oh and make sure that the severs know to pass out cake to all the guests or have the guest get their own cake. After we cut our cake and the server took over to cut the rest, we never saw it again and didn't get a piece )o: For some odd reason they put what was left on the kids table which was a horrible idea! (Granted, the kids loved it)

Sent on 06/20/2012

By using Tim Holmes catering we were able to get the most for our money. The food was great quality and our guests complimented how much they liked our food.

Sent on 06/28/2013

They were very helpful in mixing up their different menus which most places don't allow. They were overall helpful and considerate and also provided some decor for our reception that I absolutely loved!

Sent on 08/29/2015

The food at the tasting was buffet style and amazing! The food at my wedding wasn't amazing. The chicken marsala was too spicy, as we're the sautéed vegetables. The parmesan crusted chicken was too dry. My husband and I were served minimal amounts of food. We had a mashed potato bar with different topping go to choose from, yet we were served plain mashed potatoes. Same can be said about our salad bar and the salad we were served. Overall not impressed with my experience. When I gave this feedback to Sarah here response/excuse was that sometimes the guy that was cooking that night gets a little happy with his spices. And blamed the dry chicken on the time line of events. Seems like poor reasons/ excuses to me. This is a professional company that has been doing this for a long time. Not sure I would recommend this caterer. They have the ability, it just didn't happen at our wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2012

The food was excellent! Many of my guests were asking about the food for the next several weeks. The servers at the reception were helpful and pleasant. My only disappointment was working with the company before the event. I was disappointed I was never able to try the food before I secured a contract with them. A tasting was never offered and it may be that catering companies don't offer tastings like bakeries do, I'm not sure. Our inital meeting was great and I left excited about my choice in catering company. However, when I had questions later I seemed to get a "short" or "cold" reply. Keep in mind that communication was through email so tone is what to reader makes of it, yet I got the feeling that my questions were annoying and some of the replies were not helpful at all. I feel that if I hire you to handle my event then it shouldn't matter how many times I ask you a question, a business should happly reply. I shouldn't feel like I've been a burden to you.
    Overall, everything turned out wonderful and I would recommend this company.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Debby · Married on 08/10/2013

3.5

Tim, Sarah et all were a pleasure to work with. The food was delicious, the presentation beautiful.
    I think they have some of the most unique, artistic serving/display pieces I have seen.
    They had the expertise to recommend set ups that flow to feed a large crowd, but the flexibility
    to yield if you would like something else. There was no air of ruffling their feathers if you decided to
    do something different than what they recommended. Definitely recommend them.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2013

3.5

I was very please with Tim Holmes catering. They are extremely flexible with their menu and your needs. The poor coordinator had to change our menu at least three times because we couldn't make up our minds. I loved how they allow you to mix and match pretty much anything from any of their menus to create your own. This way you can get exactly what you want. Also, Tim has a warehouse full of great decorations, materials and buffet/serving accessories for you to choose from for your event. It was so nice not having to get dishes, silverware, linens, etc from another rental company. Plus, the food was delicious. I really enjoyed the marinated shrimp as well as the carving station. We were able to get a great selection and variety of food!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Staci · Married on 04/27/2013

Tim Holmes catering was very good to work with for our catering needs for our wedding. Tim was very determined to make me a happy bride and I really respected that of him. I just wished they could have set up for my event earlier but things ended up beautifully and I would definitely recommended Tim and his crew for your catering needs!

Sent on 06/13/2013

the food was amazing people are still talking about how great it was and the best wedding food they've had. The event staff was excellent! And so very helpful with every thing. They helped make my special day perfect. My only compliant is when I asked question during the process, the replies by Emil were short and rude. Oh and my husband was left waiting for 2 hours to deliver their final payment to them. Overall I was please. Tim is a great man to work with but Some of the staff could work on their level of professionalism.

Sent on 01/06/2013

Christina · Married on 12/29/2012

3.0

Tim and his people were amazing! Everyone was talking about how delicious the buffalo chicken cheese dip was, and the potato bar was the rave of the wedding! They were willing to set up the food just how we wanted using little dishes that we wanted. There was a miscommunication about the glass candy dishes, but nothing that was not remedied quickly with many apologies from them. They were amazing and very well priced! I would not have gotten any other caterer for my wedding. You will not go wrong if you choose them! They have great recommendations and YOU GET TO KEEP ALL THE EXTRA FOOD! Yum!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Shelley · Married on 05/10/2014

4.2

I would have like to have had the option of taking some of the leftover home for the bride and groom

Sent on 06/11/2014

Ashley · Married on 01/15/2017

3.5

We decided to go with Holmes Catering after tasting their Buffalo Chicken Dip. If that one item was that good, we knew the rest of their food would be outstanding. We did not want a traditional meat and three buffet style meal or even a plated meal, we wanted all of our favorite foods. We had a cocktail hour with tomato soup shooters and antipasto skewers. For dinner we had a breakfast station (biscuit bar with jelly's, gravy's, etc, grits bar, frittata, bacon, and sausage), an Italian station (chicken picatta, bruschetta, pasta, marinara sauce, and fried ravioli), meat lovers station (pulled pork sliders, kielbasa skewers, freshly cooked kettle potato chips), and of course the buffalo chicken dip with pita chips and for something green, we had a Cesar salad bar too. The food was amazing. All of our guests raved that everything was wonderful and the best wedding food they've ever had and we agree! Their staff took care of us, made sure that we had a taste of everything and that we actually ate throughout the night. The presentation was beautiful too, they catered not only to our outside the box menu but also to the style and feel of the whole wedding. Our wedding was at a new venue in the area that their team hadn't used before so initially we (and our wedding day coordinators) got a LOT of push back on the menu and set up. We definitely thought they could have been nicer and more open. It took some coaxing to get them to do everything we wanted but after seeing the space, they were able to do everything we asked and we ended up being pleased with the outcome.

Aside from the wonderful food and service, a helpful thing to know is that they prepare for a heavy eater so we ordered for our exact number of guests and we didn't run out of food. Some things were mostly gone while others there were some leftovers, but not an overwhelming amount.

Sent on 01/28/2017