Holmes Catering and Events Reviews

136 | Inman, SC

136 Reviews for Holmes Catering and Events

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2013

I hired Tim Holmes Catering for our May 2013 wedding. Tim came highly recommended from other vendors, which played a big part in our decision. His prices are very affordable, and the quality of the food was excellent. Tim's presentation of the buffet was also beautiful and added so much class to our wedding reception. So many of our guests commented to me on how delicious all the food was.
    And of course, in all our meetings and communications with them leading up to our wedding day, Tim was super professional and kind (even when I was late to a meeting... oops!!!). I would not hesitate to recommend Tim Holmes Catering to anyone looking for an affordable and delicious caterer with a great eye for presentation and detail.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Jill · Married on 05/19/2013

Tim Holmes Catering provided all of the food at my daughter's wedding. The food was absolutely delicious. We had so many guests comment about how good the food was. There was plenty of it, and the attendants were always watching to see what was getting low so that they could put more out. The food stations were beautifully decorated. Tim has so many unique serving pieces that you get to choose from. He has dishes that you get to use instead of using plastic plates. His linens are also wonderful. We booked Tim over a year ago for Jill's wedding, and he and his staff were always very responsive to our needs. His staff was also very professional and courteous as they served at the reception. He offers tasting events that help you make up your mind about what food you want to serve. Lastly, you cannot beat his price for the quality of the food you get!

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • Avia

Avia · Married on 05/18/2013

The food was great. I really appreciated the fact that the food was fresh and seasoned well. I sampled many caterers in the area and Tim Holmes Catering food and service was far superior. The staff went above and beyond to customize a menu to meet your budget. They even included the cake stand and cake cutting service.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Laura · Married on 04/20/2013

Tim Holmes did a great job at our wedding. Sarah was so helpful throughout the planning process and everything was executed in a very organized manner during our reception. The food displays were absolutely beautiful - I've never seen a catering company make a salad bar look so pretty. We told Sarah what our florist was doing with our centerpieces and table decor and she used serving items that coordinated perfectly. The food was delicious and their prices are better than anyone else in town.

Sent on 05/25/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/30/2013

The presentation was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! So many of the guests commented saying the same thing! The service was great! God was glorified!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Phenomenal! That is the only word needed for how the food was. They can work with any budget.

Sent on 04/21/2013

Lyn · Married on 12/29/2012

I don't even know where to begin about how thrilled we were with Tim Holmes Catering! We had a wedding reception of around 400 people and Tim and his staff, went above and beyond to see that our guests were treated to a great experience. I'm still having people tell me how delicious the food was! There was plenty of it, it tasted DELICIOUS and the display was beautiful, warm and filled with extra touches that paid such attention to special details.
    It was really important to us that our guests had easy accessibility to the food and that they weren't in long lines or on top of each other. Tim and his staff put much effort into helping us plan the layout and the flow was fantastic! We had some extra things that were a little out of the ordinary:a S'mores Bar, Hot Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate stations with toppings and a movie lounge with popcorn, m&m's and glass bottle cokes. Tim & Sarah made all of these extras unique to our reception!
    Besides how yummy everything tasted, comments from our guests included how they hardly had to wait in any lines, the food was always hot and not picked over looking, the staff kept the tables cleaned off and fresh and the most frequent question was, "Who catered this?!" The Buffalo Chicken Dip, Mashed Potato Bar and Beef Tenderloin were the most loved by our guests!
    An added bonus in going w/Holmes is that he has lots of beautiful linens to rent for guest tables (he includes linens in the price for all food tables), all plates, cutlery and drink ware are included in the price and he has a wonderful variety of center pieces and items like wine barrels and hi-top tables that he rents for a VERY reasonable price!
    Obviously, we were thrilled with Holmes Catering! His prices are beyond reasonable, the service and personal attention are top-notch and the food is delicious! We couldn't asked for more! Thank you Tim, Sarah and all of your wonderful staff!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Anna · Married on 12/15/2012

Holmes catering was not only delicious and filling but it was beautifully displayed and the wait staff was wonderful! And most importantly, it was delicious!! Absolutely delicious! We had numerous guests comment on how great the food was!

Catherine · Married on 12/01/2012

Holmes was great! The prices were reasonable and they worked with me to personalize a menu for our event! I am so happy we chose to use them!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Helen · Married on 11/03/2012

They were wonderful to work with! The food was delicious--several friends commented on the tenderness of the meat. The presentation was beautiful. Amazing warehouse of choices for serving pieces--we chose copper and wrought iron. Very generous portions. They anticipated everything we needed. Very professional.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Lindsey · Married on 11/03/2012

My husband and I loved working with Tim and Sarah. They were professional, fair in price and responsive. Tim also has lots of great decor to use at the reception venue. At the time of hire, Tim had never done family-style for a wedding, but was enthusiastic and on-board to try it for us. Not only was the service outstanding, but we received many compliments on the delicious food and cool family-style. We brought containers to fill with leftovers and the staff made sure every container was filled to the brim with food. We even got a to-go box for our wedding night (late night snack!). I would highly recommend Tim Holmes Catering!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Holmes Catering was fantastic. Not only were they great to work with but the food was amazing. Everyone kept on telling me days after the wedding, how great the food was. I love the staff. Everyone was so friendly. I will definitely use them again in the future!

Sent on 11/19/2012

TIm Holmes catering was fabulous. Their creativity and ease in helping us put together a menu and presentation that fulfilled our vision thoroughly exceed our expectations. Plus - the food was DELICIOUS and their was plenty of it! We thoughts so and so did our guests. I will certainly choose TIm Holmes catering again for any catering needs.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Pam · Married on 09/29/2012

My daughter was married September 29, 2012 and Tim Holmes provided the catering. He worked with us in many ways and provided a wonderful menu on which we have received many great comments. Thanks again, Tim and all of your wonderful staff for helping to make the wedding the fairy tale that it was.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2012

Tim Holmes did an amazing job catering our wedding. We would recommend Tim Holmes Catering to everyone. He not only catered for our wedding, but he did an amazing job for the rehearsal dinner as well.

Sent on 12/27/2012

We did a family reunion in Spartanburg SC on June 28 and June 29, 2012. Holmes catering was wonderful. They were on time, very hepful and very professional. I enjoyed the food. There was plenty for our guest. They enjoyed it very much. I would recommend this caterer for your event.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Meghan · Married on 06/01/2012

Tim Holmes catering was absolutely amazing! Their service was great! They were easy to work with and were quick in their responses. They were flexible with helping me reach my budget and have the menu I wanted. The food was absolutely delicious! The guests at my wedding were raving about the food. I would definitely recommend Tim Holmes to anyone planning an event, party, or wedding.

Sent on 06/20/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2012

I would recommend Holmes catering to any bride. They responded promptly, were very thorough and customized my menu willingly to incorporate an item that wasn't on the menu list. They made the process simple and were delightful to work with every step of the way!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Tessa · Married on 04/21/2012

Tim & Sarah were great! They had never done a seated meal at my venue before and were worried about doing it with such a small kitchen, but they did a wonderful job! Great food & great service - definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Lauren · Married on 03/24/2012

Tim Holmes Catering was awesome to work with. He provided the catering for the wedding reception and rehearsal dinner the night before. We had no idea what we wanted for the wedding reception and Tim was able to sit down with us and show us different menus and help us pick the perfect menu for our wedding. He was very easy to work with and responded very quickly with questions. He gave us one price per person for the food and no hidden fees. I had lots of friends at the wedding reception tell me how awesome the marinated shrimp was and how they loved the potato bar we had. I would recommend Tim Holmes catering to anyone looking for a catering company for their wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2012

Lauren · Married on 02/11/2012

Holmes Catering was recommended to us by our venue because of the delicious food they provide, and also their immaculate presentation. Tim provided our initial consultation and then we worked with Sarah closer to the time of the event. Both were wonderful, and super easy to work with. The food was amazing, but I was most impressed with the staff that night. Plates were cleaned immediately, they checked on guests at all the tables, and even brought drinks from the bar if requested, though that was not part of their job. They went above and beyond and were so incredibly nice!! I would recommend them to anyone for any special event.

Sent on 02/14/2012

S · Married on 12/02/2011

Fabulous presentation and delicious food that people are still talking about!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Megan · Married on 10/29/2011

I absolutely loved the food at the wedding. Holmes Catering went above and beyond for us, providing us with table linens and also serving the wine we provided. Julie was amazing, working with the person who did our cake and coordinating everything. I would absolutely recommend them. I was a little skeptical because I am from Charlotte and we have a lot of reputable caterers there but none wanted to travel to Spartanburg to do our wedding. You get a lot of good food for the money and the food is delicious. We had beef tenderloin, chicken stuffed with spinach and smoked gouda as well as baby potatoes and sauteed green beans. It was absolutely delicious!! and that was all on the same plate! Definitely a good value.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2011

Tim Holmes is a very busy man but his stuff is awesome! All the things that I've ever seen him do have been amazing as well as delicious! We did heavy h'ord. for our wedding and they were very filling. They even threw in some extra stuff bc they prepared too much for another function. Great people to work with! No wonder he's so busy!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Megan · Married on 09/03/2011

Tim Holmes is a wonderful and caring professional who will certainly make your wedding as wonderful as mine! I cannot thank him and his staff enough for their time and hard work. They will definitely go above and beyond for you!
    Sincerely,