Hollywood Beach Marriott Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Jessica Married on 10/26/2019

Holly wood beach marriot

Awsome is all I can say they have every detail down
  • Antoinette
    Antoinette Married on 06/19/2019

The Hollywood Beach Marriott is the best place for a wedding hands down!

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding held at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and we could've picked a better location. The hotel and staff are simply amazing. Every guest felt special and their attention to details was phenomenal! A hotel this size is prefect for a wedding. It's just large enough of a venue without feeling like a number rather than someone celebrating your special day. All of the staff knows who you are and are extremely helpful.
    Words cannot express the gratitude e have for our Director of Meeting and Incentive Lauren Klinefelter, she is the absolute best! Lauren is very knowledgeable, creative, personable and has such a calming presence any Bride would be blessed to have her on their team. Lauren took our vision and created something more beautiful than we could ever imagine. All of our guests raved how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious all of the food was, absolutely all of it! Some of our guests are planning to go back to the Hollywood Beach Marriott for a vacation they loved it so much. We are definitely recommending the Hollywood Beach Marriott to any bride!
    We are forever grateful Lauren Klinefelter and the Hollywood Beach Marriott!
    Hugs,
    Vellvette and Antoinette Bibbs
    Angela Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect day

This hotel was phenomenal. I hosted my destination wedding here. They have a beautiful, public beachfront and an elegant ballroom. They offered me a great room rate for my guests and the accomodations were nice. The hotel also has a restaurant where I had a cocktail hour and reasonably priced rehearsal dinner with great food!

The best thing about the hotel is their wedding coordinator, Lauren Klinefelter. She handled my event from beginning to end. She produced the entire event and I was completely worry free the entire process. On the day of my wedding, she kept everyone calm and it was absolutely beautiful. We were all only worried about getting dressed because Lauren every last detail on the day of my wedding. She coordinated with vendors and was very flexible in meeting my needs. I will always remember this day as being amazing and I have her to thank for this!
    Lauren Married on 09/09/2018
    I would totally recommend this vendor for weddings or any event! We had our wedding weekend here and the entire staff was incredible from start to finish!
    Morgan Married on 05/01/2017
    We had the absolutely perfect wedding at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and highly recommend the venue for all brides and grooms wanting a special and stress-free wedding venue in an absolutely beautiful setting with delicious food! From day one of planning, Lauren Klinefelter went above and beyond all expectations in making our wedding day perfect for us. We had a destination wedding and her professionalism and personal care and enthusiasm for our event made the planning process fun, special, and stress-free. The final results were amazing and Lauren and the Hollywood Beach Marriott captured our vision absolutely perfect in every small detail of our event. There is not a single thing I would have changed- thank you so much for making our special day perfect!
  • Jess
    Jess Married on 11/07/2015
    My husband and I just held both our beach ceremony and indoor reception at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. From the beginning, Lauren was absolutely amazing and guided our planning process from afar, as I was in Colorado at the time. The venue itself is stunning-but Lauren guided our vendors to make it even more beautiful! Each person with whom we had contact was incredibly polite and accommodating. Our out-of-town guests felt incredibly welcomed. Our meals were delicious, and we feel that we have gotten the best value possible, especially after searching dozens of venues! Special shout out to Lauren who understood the importance of the traditional 'Pittsburgh cookie table' and laid it out beautifully :) We are incredibly happy with how everything turned out and recommend the Marriott to anyone looking into a wedding in South Florida!
    Randi Married on 03/14/2015
    Lauren was an amazing contact to work with at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. She and her team provided me with an exceptional experience as a bride. All of my guests were very impressed with the location, hotel pricing, quality of food and everything in between! I was very happy with how my wedding day turned out thanks to the Hollywood Beach Marriott!
    Danielle Married on 08/01/2014
    A beautiful setting for a beach wedding! My reception was a cocktail and hors d'ouvers outside! Absutely perfect!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 06/14/2014
    Barbara Lunny was in charge of the wedding planning/coordinating for our wedding at the Hollywood Marriott and she is amazing! I can't believe how easy she made our wedding go smoothly from beginning to end! During our planning, she was always very prompt in returning our calls and open to meeting with us to answer any questions. In addition, she provided us a list of recommended vendors (who we ended up using for flowers, photography, music, etc.) and it was evident that she really knows her stuff! On the actual day of the ceremony, Barbara was there at the front desk when we arrived offering her help on anything that we needed to ensure that our stay was perfect:) We had to make the tough decision to move our ceremony inside due to a nasty weather forecast, but Barbara assured me that she would set up a magnificent ceremony room. She beyond exceeded our expectations! When you entered the ballroom, you could smell the flowers and the lighting was unbelievable! Throughout our entire evening, Barbara and her staff were attentive and did a spectacular job! The food at the Hollywood Marriott is beyond delicious to the point that people still rave on about how delicious it was and knowing that I was probably one of the few brides that took a time out to enjoy it;) I know this is a book, but I really can't say enough wonderful things about the staff at the Hollywood Marriott and can't thank them enough for everything! If you decide to go with this amazing venue, listen to Barbara Lunny. She will ensure that your special event is magical!
    Melissa Married on 09/21/2013
    The location for our ceremony was perfect! The space for both cocktail hour & reception was amazing. The staff along with Barbara do a wonderful job! Couldn't have been more pleased with their services & helping provide my husband & I a flawless wedding day!
    Tyra Married on 08/11/2013
    Ms. Barbara was like a sweet aunt living in another state. She was so attentive. We hugged Everytime we met. I live in De. My brother resides in Hollywood, Fl. We wanted a tropical type of wedding setting. We were referred to the Hollywood Beach Marriott and another location. The Marriott won hands down. The rooms are gorgeous. The staff greet you like you are a welcomed guest. I really enjoyed my honeymoon suite. It was beautiful! I have no complaints. My guest all are still commenting of how nice the venue was and the quality of the service. Thanks.
    Vanessa Married on 05/25/2013
    Barbara and the Marriott crew went above and beyond everything my husband and I could have ever imagined! The food was amazing and the bar staff made sure everyone had the drinks they wanted. Even the front desk staff was amazing. Thank you to all for making our wedding perfect.
    Karen Married on 11/10/2012
    We had our first date at the bar at the Marriott and saw a beach wedding on that date. This was really the only place we considered seriously for our wedding. Barbara Lunny was great to work with and she really helped ensure all went smoothly. The food was great, the outside ceremony went well (despite the wind), and my friends and family were treated really well. We had a beautiful oceanfront room and a the bridal party had a great boardroom to get ready in with amazing views. It was a fantastic experience.
    Heide Married on 07/07/2012
    My daughter had the most beautiful wedding & I must thank Barbara Lunny for such a wonderful experience! Our family & friends have not stopped talking about it! We made it a long weekend by staying at the Hotel A few extra days and were so pleased!
  • Maritza
    Maritza Married on 03/16/2012
    Great Great Great. That is all i got to say. Classy and fantastic. Very happy with them.
    Scott Married on 07/16/2011
    My wife and I just got married at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. Barbara and her staff could not have been more helpful. My wife is very hands-on, so she did most of the decorations. Barbara from the Marriott was more than willing to work with her on her decorating ideas and was very helpful with us in maintaining our budget. Everything was flawless on our wedding day. The food was outstanding, the room was beautiful, the service was top-tier. Thank you Hollywood Beach Marriott!
    Katrina Married on 05/22/2010
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    AMAZING!!!!
    PERFECT!!!!
    ACCOMIDATING!!!!
    It was a pleasure to work with Barbar Lunny and all of the amazing staff at The HBM. All of my guests that stayed their were amazed by the quality of the venue and how amazing the customer service was. Our ceremony took place on the beach, outside of the hotel and our reception was in the Grand Ballroom. We loved every second of it!
    Brie Married on 10/07/2017
    Lauren & EJ were great to work with! My wedding day was perfect and everything went so smoothly. Lauren went above and beyond and took care of every single detail involving the wedding. She coordinated everything with my outside vendors so I did not have to worry about a thing the day of. The food and service were great and the location was perfect. Our out of town guests loved being right on the beach!
    Charlene Married on 06/18/2011
    We had our wedding cocktail hour and reception at Hollywood Beach Marriott and it turned out absolutely wonderful!! We loved everything about our wedding - the ballroom, the atmosphere outside, the hotel rooms, the food, and the amazing staff at HBM. Everyone was incredibly accommodating and made us feel so special.

The package specials worked nicely with our budget and Barbara Lunny was more than willing to accommodate our wants/needs accordingly. The front desk staff members were always helpful and friendly which was great. I made a lot of the accessories/decor for our wedding and brought everything to Barbara a few days before - she set everything up even better than I could have imagined. Barbara was there the day of the wedding making sure things were going as planned, she opened the door for our introductions, and then left the evening in Sean's hands - who took care of us so well. He made sure things were going as we wanted, always asked if we needed a drink if we were empty-handed, and was very friendly & professional. We ended the night outside at the pool bar, which they kept open a little longer for our wedding guests, and the staff outside was incredible, too. Alex was outside until we left and made us feel so special as the bride and groom every time he saw us.

Everyone at HBM made our wedding weekend amazing - the guests loved the hotel and the rooms, and especially had so much fun at our wedding. (Not to mention, the ballroom is beautiful!!) I'd recommend this venue to anyone :)
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 07/03/2010
    Hollywood Beach Marriott is the best place to hold a wedding! Even with the rain, Barbara Lunny and the catering staff went above and beyond!!! Here is a clip to prove the day can be the best!!!! http://vimeo.com/13344937
    Carla Married on 11/12/2005
    I had a morning wedding nad the breakfast food was incredible. what a display. fruit and eggs and french toast, orange juice, and more. My uncle who was 55 at the time has dabbled with culinary arts and has eaten at amazing restaurants all over the world. He said the eggs at the marriot were the best he had ever had. So that to me says a lot. the Event coordinator was very helpful. we dropped off the flowers for the table center pieces the night before and they put them on the table. the set up was beautiful. The hotel was just remodeled recently and the ballroom was gorgeous. just what i wanted for a romantic and classic atmosphere. best of all it is right on the beach! plus there is a separate lobby for guests to lounge on numerous chairs and couches when they don't want to be right in the loud music.

• U
    Anne Married on 06/07/2008
    Everything was beautiful and handled professionally. Barbarba Lunny, their event coordinator, was extremely helpful and nice. She was very easy to work with. The food was great and the entire staff was friendly and went out of their way all weekend for us and our guests. Highly recommended venue!!
    Melodie Married on 04/14/2018
    The venue is in the perfect location. Once we got to the hotel the staff really helped us with everything related to our wedding. The food was delicious, especially the chocolate fondue! We were so happy with our wedding experience at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. The hotel's preferred vendors were also great!
    Rich F. Married on 02/14/2014

Interesting experience

Back in 2014, my wife and I explored the Hollywood Beach Marriott to serve as a venue for our vow renewal ceremony. The venue had come recommended to us by friends who had gotten married there, and told us that the staff was great. However, when we met with the event coordinator, Barbara Lunny, we had a very awkward experience. When we arrived for our scheduled meeting, she appeared very frazzled and ill-prepared. We finally got settled, and she asked us about our event's logistics. When we got past that, she started asking a ton of personal questions. At first we thought she was just trying to get to know us, but the questions bordered on TMI. We thought she may have been ill or "on something," because she began rambling about her ex and "stupid son." She would use "son" and "son-in-law" interchangeably, like she was confused. She divulged family drama that we found very disturbing. We just thanked that woman for her time and left. We chalked it up to her having had a late night/possibly hungover since previous reviews had said otherwise about the staffing. Needless to say, we ended up elsewhere. I am writing this review now, because we just helped our oldest daughter get married out west and we've realized how helpful and important online reviews are for this industry.